Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 08:29 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11329482 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18071) (18072) (18073) (18074) (18075) (18076) (18077) ... (20055) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
MorataFC:
ok, grin grin grin
Time to push Lauren James ballon dor agenda after we destroy Spain on Sunday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Time to push Lauren James ballon dor agenda after we destroy Spain on Sunday.

Lauren will not smell ballon d or ,the earlier you know the better for you

You go push agenda tire

Aitana Bonmati is the name

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
Griffon:
Liverpool fans were chasing me in my dream last night, immediately I shouted Todd Boehly they all disappeared into thin air.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/tyler-adams-chelsea-transfer-slammed-2753162

like I said cult mentality the entire US fanbase,thank God for lavia
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
I dreamt last night. Chelsea finished 16th after nearly going on relegation. I woke up and was like why Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Colwill still went out on loan before and after boehly, hall came in because of injuries and is still likely to be loaned out of cucuruku isn't gone. You seeing all this spending and you think it's business like before for several Cobham graduates? Dey play.
cucuruku 😂
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
andrewbaba44:

You go push agenda tire

that bonmati is fluent in Spanish. They will ask her question, fiam Spanish straight. The language sweet for her mouth. Maybe I will book her to teach me the language cause I love Spanish
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thazard:
Unpopular opinion;

The quality of football has died down
popular opinion:the quality of football has actually improved

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Silentgroper:

we're getting Europa this season .. it's fixed ..

what are you getting

Todd Boehly!!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2023
Enzo5:
An MLS GK for £25m what is wrong with this American clubs? Such greed! Is he that good.
they recognize magas na 😂
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
Silentgroper:

we're getting Europa this season .. it's fixed ..

what are you getting
the league tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thazard(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
MorataFC:
I disagree, if you say the commitment of players has died down yes I may agree to that.
Football has evolved and with modern technologies, it has advanced and is tougher than before, just get your hands on tape and watch a football that was played in the '80 before you watch the match for 30 minutes you would have spotted 5 schoolboy errors, I watch Maradona's goal against England, they were just following him without any attempt to challenge him or bring him down, and he did that kind of stuff often and often, that kind of dominance and display can't happen in this era.

Okay maybe I need to rephrase my statement.

The rate of quality footballers is below par compared the last ten years

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thazard(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
andrewbaba44:

You go push agenda tire

That Bonmati na fire

I love that girl.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Philadelphia fc comes from npfl right? 🤔.

Calm down bro.

MLS have not started yet. Na cup competition Messi still dey play for them right now.

The main league never start.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Enzo5: 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
We have loads of midfielders surely not all of them expect to remain, report claims Pochettino wants just 22players for the season including 3 goal keepers. 18 outfield players, If you remove 8 defenders, Chalobah getting sold, Fofana injured, that leaves us with 10 more players.
Pochettino's formation may be 433 or 4231, that means 4 midfielders, 4 wingers and 2 strikers. It's not possible, the squad is as big like national team selection.

How many midfielders is he going to pick, can't be only four.
Four mids, Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia and Santos.

If you add Olise, Nkunku and one of midfielder that's 24, 25 players. One of Gallagher, Emeka, Ugo.

If you had to pick one of Gallagher, Emeka or Ugo who and why? Then what happens to the remaining two?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Enzo5: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thazard:

Okay maybe I need to rephrase my statement.

The rate of quality footballers is below par compared the last ten years
last ten years from this year or when
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
timbros:

Calm down bro.

MLS have not started yet. Na cup competition Messi still dey play for them right now.

The main league never start.
It doesn't change the fact that Philadelphia is an MLS team, I can't just believe you toll in the line of that refugee guy, if Crystal Palace was in the final of the FA Cup, does that make the competition a second-tier league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
What is the situation of Mason Greenwood? We should be all over the place trying to get this natural born striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
These fools watched Lewis Hall last season and somehow came to the conclusion that he should be sold?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Oh well...guess it's the need to trim the squad, as well as get profit. I hope they insert a buy back clause, if ever a move actualizes.

That is if the rumour is even true btw.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
popizaino:
What is the situation of Mason Greenwood? We should be all over the place trying to get this natural born striker.

We don't want wahala please

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
Chelsea should buy Karl Darlow as backup goalie for £3m and forget those yahoo boys

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
MorataFC:
It doesn't change the fact that Philadelphia is an MLS team, I can't just believe you toll in the line of that refugee guy, if Crystal Palace was in the final of the FA Cup, does that make the competition a second-tier league?

I don't bloody care what you think of the person and his view. If he is making a point, why won't I highlight it?

He is trying to make the point that Messi have not played a league match for Inter yet, hence his repeated question below...

Trevor012:

So how many MLS matches has midget played?

FA Cup is NOT a league. It's a Cup competition.

Clubs rest key players during FA Cup matches but play their full strength during league games. That should tell you which trophy a club priotise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
BlueMann:
These fools watched Lewis Hall last season and somehow came to the conclusion that he should be sold?

Seems the owners are more interested in acquiring young talent from abroad, and selling our home-grown talent for profit.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jodera:
This is not unpopular na!

As the money in the game increases, the quality really reduced. Moreover, more teams becoming system-based teams contributes largely to it.

Now, there are more boring matches compared to matches say 10-15years ago. Even two big teams produces boring matches presently compared to before. If you no take time, you fit sleep grin

They have used tactics to neutralize team creativity and individual creativity. Players now have more stamina and are more tactically responsible but technical ability and natural flair is being ironed out of the game. Even the robotic Germans of the 80s and 90s had Littbarksi, Hassler, Moller and co. If you combine all the dribbling talent in Germany right now it is not up to the talent in only Littbarksi's body.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
timbros:

I don't bloody care what you think of the person and his view. If he is making a point, why won't I highlight it?

He is trying to make the point that Messi have not played a league match for Inter yet, hence his repeated question below...

FA Cup is NOT a league. It's a Cup competition.

Clubs rest key players during FA Cup matches but play their full strength during league games. That should tell you which trophy a club priotise.
Sorry if my tone is too harsh, but that guy is trying to downplay the achievement of Messi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Enzo5: 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
afrodoc2:

They have used tactics to neutralize team creativity and individual creativity. Players now have more stamina and are more tactically responsible but technical ability and natural flair is being ironed out of the game. Even the robotic Germans of the 80s and 90s had Littbarksi, Hassler, Moller and co. If you combine all the dribbling talent in Germany right now it is not up to the talent in only Littbarksi's body.
how can tactics neutralise both team and individual creativity? You're saying tactics nullify creativity?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
Enzo5:
how can tactics neutralise both team and individual creativity? You're saying tactics nullify creativity?

A good example is how many games in the earlier Women's World Cups ended 6-3, 7-1, 5-2 etc but now partly due to better tactically prepared teams we are getting lower scorelines. There are creative tactics but a lot of the tactics in football are set up to stop the opposition. Also, the focus on tactics means freelancing flair players are often overlooked for players that can follow the manager's tactics to the letter.

Instead of Maradona collecting the ball and dribbling through a maze of defenders or Michael Laudrupp throwing endless risky through passes from his own half you now have endless passing at the 1st phase until a clear opportunity opens up. Because of tactics you now rarely have fullbacks isolated against wicked wingers like before as their own winger will often drop back to give cover unlike before when your own winger will stay forward lazily leaving you to be tortured by Ryan Giggs or Marc Overmars all game.

A very good team will usually flog a mediocre or bad team but the inferior team can use tactics to reduce the difference in quality. It is far easier to devise tactics to neutralize a team than it is to devise tactics to open up a team.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
afrodoc2:

A good example is how many games in the earlier Women's World Cups ended 6-3, 7-1, 5-2 etc but now partly due to better tactically prepared teams we are getting lower scorelines. There are creative tactics but a lot of the tactics in football are set up to stop the opposition. Also, the focus on tactics means freelancing flair players are often overlooked for players that can follow the manager's tactics to the letter.

Instead of Maradona collecting the ball and dribbling through a maze of defenders or Michael Laudrupp throwing endless risky through passes from his own half you now have endless passing at the 1st phase until a clear opportunity opens up. Because of tactics you now rarely have fullbacks isolated against wicked wingers like before as their own winger will often drop back to give cover unlike before when your own winger will stay forward lazily leaving you to be tortured by Ryan Giggs or Marc Overmars all game.

A very good team will usually flog a mediocre or bad team but the inferior team can use tactics to reduce the difference in quality. It is far easier to devise tactics to neutralize a team than it is to devise tactics to open up a team.
You just stated the reason why this modern football has more quality compared to the oldie, now we have computerised training, grin we have keepers trainer, fitness trainer, nutritionist, physiotherapist etc, and a lot of training materials. I listened to Segun Odegbami many years ago and he said if I had the opportunity to have been trained with the training facility the current players are having now, he said 'I would have been a better player'.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Omoluabi16(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
I would have preferred if we loaned out cesadei to a premiership club. He's a wonderkid after all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
afrodoc2:

The biggest change from the 80s is two more players in the defensive block (7 as opposed to 5) and each player covers 5km more than those days so space is at a premium. Players can still dribble and even better than before, but the space to dribble no dey again

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
popizaino:
Haha you dey find wahala. When all the people that pretend they follow football pounce on your club you go hear am

(1) (2) (3) ... (18071) (18072) (18073) (18074) (18075) (18076) (18077) ... (20055) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, neztar and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.