Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,148 members, 7,987,982 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 09:28 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18890) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11376292 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18887) (18888) (18889) (18890) (18891) (18892) (18893) ... (20108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 6:37am On Mar 24
WhoDeyHause:
Todd Boehly I'm on my knees.
You will still remain on ur knees beging Boli to sack him

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:55am On Mar 24
Lana1:
You will still remain on ur knees beging Boli to sack him

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Man should just select his job well if he will leave Germany after the euros

Barca should be his perfect place to replace xavi ,but my club might have another plans in mind
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:29am On Mar 24
Leyqute:

LooL.

You are well within your rights to judge him that way. Cos I can’t see why England had to play that horribly against Italy just because Luke Shaw scored an early goal.

Southgate is not an elite manager.

Ibime knows why. He failed to put a man on the maestro Jorginho.

He had offered us this top analysis after the game.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:52am On Mar 24
Kilishihunter:

Omo this euros might be more competitive than the last sha, I know it's a friendly but this German side looked like the old swashbuckling Germany of old, perfect mix of experience and youth especially with the legend kroos's return

Toni Kroos too dey give me joy. I love that guy. Anytime he hold ball, I go dey anticipate one line breaking pass or one diagonal with pinpoint accuracy. Pass master and metronome extraordinaire.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by USAfall2024: 10:21am On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

Let’s get one thing clear first. Southgate is a wack manager. Any good performance by an England player is not because Southgate knows how to use the player.

Secondly, Bellingham and Foden are both at their best in advanced central areas. Foden excelling on the right wing for Pep is because of a well-oiled machine that Pep created at City, which is not the case for England. Bellingham at the 10 and Foden on the wing will likely fail because of lack of fluidity (Bellingham) and lack of penetration (Foden).

The only solution that MIGHT have them in the same side with a successful outcome is if Bellingham sacrifices and drops into the 8 position and Foden plays the 10 position. The obvious question with Bellingham at the 8 and Foden at 10 is the possible lack of defensive solidity if Bellingham can’t maintain positional discipline. Another question is, how good is he really as a CM if he is not scoring goals.

Otherwise, one of them has to start at the 10 position while the other holds the bench, so that true 1v1 wingers like Saka, Bowen, Gordon, Rashford can play to offer a threat behind the opposition.

Getting both in the same team requires a fair bit of shoehorning, and might lead to a tactical imbalance, which is why I compared it to the Gerrard/Lampard situation.

Foden is likely to be an impact player from the bench at the Euros. Like you said: Saka offers more width and penetration than him at the RW. Also true for the LWs where the likes of Rashford, Gordon, or even Sterling are better options IMO. Foden's main competition should be Bellingham but from the past year's England games (including yesterday's), I think it's clear that Bellingham brings more to the team than him and has a better dynamic with Kane's tendency to drop back into MF role. Foden couldn't impose himself yesterday and was barely existent when he moved to the 10 role after the Bellingham sub.

If Man City goes on to win big trophies this season, Southgate will be in a very difficult position. He knows starting Foden from the bench might be the best tactical setup but that will incur the wrath of English fans who rates Foden as the best English talent. Walahi, big decisions ain't easy as a Coach but a man with balls has to make them!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:25am On Mar 24
swiz123:

Ibime knows why. He failed to put a man on the maestro Jorginho.

He had offered us this top analysis after the game.

Only situation in which Jogginghoe can do anything

Peseiro did the same to Seri in AFCON final

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:27am On Mar 24
USAfall2024:

Foden is likely to be an impact player from the bench at the Euros. Like you said: Saka offers more width and penetration than him at the RW. Also true for the LWs where the likes of Rashford, Gordon, or even Sterling are better options IMO. Foden's main competition should be Bellingham but from the past year's England games (including yesterday's), I think it's clear that Bellingham brings more to the team than him and has better a dynamic with Kane's tendency to drop back into MF role. Foden couldn't impose himself yesterday and was barely existent when he moved to the 10 role after the Bellingham sub.

If Man City goes on to win big trophies this season, Southgate will be in a very difficult position. He knows starting Foden from the bench might be the best tactical setup but that will incur the wrath of English fans who rates Foden as the best English talent. Walahi, big decisions ain't easy as a Coach but a man with balls has to make them!

Southgate is in no difficult position

It's very clear to me. Foden is a bench player for England

If Southgate mumu, he should let pundits pressure get to him

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:44am On Mar 24
USAfall2024:

Foden is likely to be an impact player from the bench at the Euros. Like you said: Saka offers more width and penetration than him at the RW. Also true for the LWs where the likes of Rashford, Gordon, or even Sterling are better options IMO. Foden's main competition should be Bellingham but from the past year's England games (including yesterday's), I think it's clear that Bellingham brings more to the team than him and has a better dynamic with Kane's tendency to drop back into MF role. Foden couldn't impose himself yesterday and was barely existent when he moved to the 10 role after the Bellingham sub.

Yeah. The best solution would be for one of them to chop bench. With the way the team is set up with their mechanical football and a relativity slow striker like Kane who also likes to drop deep, the better option would be Bellingham. In a vacuum, I prefer Foden as a 10 but in this haram style England team Bellingham might be the better option.

It’s not even the fans alone that are giving strange recommendations. I think Shearer was asking for Southgate to play Kane as the 10 and play Bellingham in CM with Foden on the wings.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:57am On Mar 24
🤷

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:23am On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

Foden and Bellingham might be the new Gerrard and Lampard. Playing one of them out of position in order to shoehorn them into the starting lineup might be England's undoing. That, and having a tactically inept manager of course.

I’d keep Bellingham and bench Foden if it were me - that’s if I can’t find the right structure to accommodate them both. Foden’s better days are when he operates in the half space between left wing and inside forward / AM. Pairing him with an extremely offensive LB would be ideal. But Southgate put him on the right side.

Bellingham, on the other hand, is an all-rounder. If he’s given the license to roam he’ll cause damages.

Of the duo, he played a tad better. The fact that several forwards had a quiet game was telling. Ollie Watkins, Foden, and to an extent Bellingham and Gordon didn’t cause any real damage.

An abundance of talent is the kind of headache that exposes coaches that aren’t that good. Slap’ing together any formation would’ve been enough to decimate the likes of San Marino and Malta, but when a tougher opposition comes along they’ll be found out.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 11:30am On Mar 24
🚨🔴 Gallagher do 24 passes for 75 minutes, while Mainoo do 20 for 15 minutes with 100% pass completion. Na so you suppose control ball for international level.

Start am next to Rice for Euros. #MUFC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:42am On Mar 24
akwesenana:
🚨🔴 Gallagher do 24 passes for 75 minutes, while Mainoo do 20 for 15 minutes with 100% pass completion. Na so you suppose control ball for international level.

Shhhh. Don't loud it. Gallagher caused a lot of chaos while he was on the pitch.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by USAfall2024: 11:43am On Mar 24
Ibime:

Southgate is in no difficult position

It's very clear to me. Foden is a bench player for England

If Southgate mumu, he should let pundits pressure get to him

Southgate will collect sticks from Media/fans/pundits no matter the team he puts out at the Euros. So make baba just choose the players that he believes will give England the best chance of winning the tourney (I expect them to crash at Semi/Quarter stage though).

afrodoc2:

It’s not even the fans alone that are giving strange recommendations. I think Shearer was asking for Southgate to play Kane as the 10 and play Bellingham in CM with Foden on the wings.

Which kind setup be this? All these pundits ball knowledge no go kill me😂💔😂.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by everton4life(m): 11:45am On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

Shhhh. Don't loud it. Gallagher caused a lot of chaos while he was on the pitch.
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:48am On Mar 24
USAfall2024:

Southgate will collect sticks from Media/fans/pundits no matter the team he puts out at the Euros. So make baba just choose the players that he believes will give England the best chance of winning the tourney (I expect them to crash at Semi/Quarter stage though).

Which kind setup be this? All these pundits ball knowledge no go kill me😂💔😂.

What i have observed is that ex-players from continental Europe tend to have superior tactical insight when talking about football, whereas those ex-England players usually give strange input.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by USAfall2024: 11:54am On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

What i have observed is that ex-players from continental Europe tend to have superior tactical insight when talking about football, whereas those ex-England players usually give strange input.

It's not surprising. Even EPL quality only became better after the top clubs switched to having foreign players as the main core of their team.

Now it's across the whole league. The Spanish, Germans, Dutch, etc also tend to have better coaches which is a indication of their higher tactical understanding of the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

What do you think of Ian Wright?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:13pm On Mar 24
Leyqute:

What do you think of Ian Wright?

He is usually reasonable and free of agenda.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

He is usually reasonable and free of agenda.

Yeah. Everyone knows he’s pro-Arsenal but he doesn’t allow it to cloud his sense of judgment. Jamie Carragher is one of the worst of the lot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 2:37pm On Mar 24
akwesenana:

He might not start though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:59pm On Mar 24
andrewbaba44:

He might not start though

He be should not even start. The English press like to build up a player very high in order pull him down. Mainoo should be a sub and avoid the pressure. He only started playing regularly in November.

Gallagher is a mediocre CM and his AM chaos causing is not needed in a team that has Bellingham, Foden, Maddison. He should not even be in the squad if everyone is fit.

With everyone fit I would play Curtis Jones as the CM and Mainoo can come in for him as his sub. Jones has Gallagher’s energy but he is also bigger, stronger, and more technically secure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24
Leyqute:

Yeah. Everyone knows he’s pro-Arsenal but he doesn’t allow it to cloud his sense of judgment. Jamie Carragher is one of the worst of the lot.
Carragher, shearer,Owen, Neville and Merson

They are all useless pundits in and out, it's surprising Micah Richards and onuoha makes intelligent and unbiased takes than these old fools listed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:15pm On Mar 24
afrodoc2:

He be should not even start. The English press like to build up a player very high in order pull him down. Mainoo should be a sub and avoid the pressure. He only started playing regularly in November.

Gallagher is a mediocre CM and his AM chaos causing is not needed in a team that has Bellingham, Foden, Maddison. He should not even be in the squad if everyone is fit.

With everyone fit I would play Curtis Jones as the CM and Mainoo can come in for him as his sub. Jones has Gallagher’s energy but he is also bigger, stronger, and more technically secure.

Are you sure Curtis jones will even make it to the euros

Gallagher ,Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:21pm On Mar 24
andrewbaba44:

Are you sure Curtis jones will even make it to the euros

Gallagher ,Lol

Jones most likely won’t. He is yet to make his debut and he has also missed nearly 3 months of this season and will struggle to get enough minutes in the Liverpool midfield because of the form of McAllister and Szob, but he is better than Gallagher as a CM.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:52pm On Mar 24
Foden the system player. Palmer is the better player if you have football knowledge. Time shall tell though that I was right.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:09pm On Mar 24
iamoyindamola:

They are all useless pundits in and out, it's surprising Micah Richards and onuoha makes intelligent and unbiased takes than these old fools listed

grin

Liverpool’s old boys association is filled with quack pundits.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:11pm On Mar 24
I said it here that England is overhyped, playing passive football and think you can win Euro or any cup. Players like Maguire and Gallagher should not be starting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24
iamoyindamola:

They are all like their referee, bias minds can’t be objective, they are like Man U fans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 4:19pm On Mar 24
USAfall2024:

Foden best England talent!!!!? Who dash am? grin

Saka remains the best English player. Followed by Bellingham. Foden na man city system player. grin

Walahi!!!! Palmer and Raheem better pass am.

Why do you think Mount dey bench am? grin

Those English fans are deluded. grin

Chaiiiiii!!! I forgot Kane baba. Yeaaaaaah! Foden bawoooo! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24
Cr7 need to retire if he love football, his influence is retrogressing this sport. Almost every kids out there want to be a scorer so that they can celebrate sui, the sport is currently short of good defenders or even midfielders. Thank God for Messi that added a lot to his game play which inspire some left footies we are seeing today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 4:46pm On Mar 24
hensben:
Foden the system player. Palmer is the better player if you have football knowledge. Time shall tell though that I was right.

Why the system no FAVOUR Palmer for man city ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 4:46pm On Mar 24
hensben:
Cr7 need to retire if he love football, his influence is retrogressing this sport. Almost every kids out there want to be a scorer so that they can celebrate sui, the sport is currently short of good defenders or even midfielders. Thank God for Messi that added a lot to his game play which inspire some left footies we are seeing today.

If he likes he should play till 60 all because he wants to catch up with Messi ,na him waist go break

(1) (2) (3) ... (18887) (18888) (18889) (18890) (18891) (18892) (18893) ... (20108) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, SirAce, MorataFC, kingBolton, AirBay, User09, Amethyst101(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.