Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,837 members, 7,966,098 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 09:11 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11275652 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2412) (2413) (2414) (2415) (2416) (2417) (2418) ... (20021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2016
diggz:

OK Sir. Enjoy ur Sunday.
enjoy your day too, and also try to see beyond sentiments.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 11:43am On Dec 18, 2016
diggz:

OK....choose whatever you want statistically e no concern me. There is no way in this life Alonso is better than moses defensively. Except I haven't been seeing our games which is not the case here.
then u must be watching a different game
so what has kante been doing when all pundit agree that kante has been the difference for CFC doing so many of the dirty job and covering so many blonder and errors. moses has been playing well i agree but with William or pedro at his front cesar azp at his back kante by his said he has so many support so even if he make mistakes they is always a cover for him

can you say same for alonso who had matic by his side cahil at his back harzad at his front, mind you hazad is free up front so that he can keep doing damage and creating chances for the team, much of the defensive work is left for alonso, matic and cahill are they realiabe as kante and cesar azp? do the match's
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
what if Cahill is moved to the right and Azpilicueta is moved to the left of the 3 man defence?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
It's only an Olodo that will say a Lwb that his been washed by his own markers has been the one filling the spaces for Moses

Against Tottenham Conte drew Cahill closer to the flanks to sweep Walker every time he beats Alonso for pace

Cahill saved a Januzaj shot against Sunderland after the Belgian lost Alonso with his movement

If Alonso was covering for Cahill he won't be spending soo much time on the flanks helping Hazard

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
Did someone with just say Alonso is better defensively than Moses

I cry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
to my best of knowledge while objectively analyzing the 3-defense system (Chelsea as a case study ), the only loophole(s) to weakened the system as an opposition manager is through the channels between the 2 wing backs and the 3 central defenders, and coincidentally the two goals Chelsea conceded during the 11-games streak were from these channels e.g. against man city.
One thing we must note as fans is that those wingers that have turned Alonso out (Tadic, Traore, Zaha, De Bruyne+navas etc) few fullbacks in the league can withstand their assaults. Also note that Alonso moves higher up the pitch than Moses, always there as an outlet for others to release the pass when under pressure, note that as the match goes on logically the wing backs tire out cos of the shuttling between attack and defense (case of Moses not completing full match during the winning streak).
The momentum and morale is up within the team so why disrupt it. The FA cup match coming up will be an avenue to do that.
To all the fans keep calm and enjoy the streak as long as it last

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2016
bigkesh:
Did someone with just say Alonso is better defensively than Moses

I cry
stats proved Alonso doing much work than moses.. And if you look beyond it it is very clear...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
Alonso , Moses and Cahill have this season to play so many games for themselves , Conte knows better , and i believe we will shop in new players in those positions especially our Lwb and Rwb in the summer .. Make we enjoy these boys hard work jare , dem don try
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
Alonso is a pure short 1. For a player who is allowed so much attacking license, his attacking contributions have been very ordinary. The guy is practically a winger in this new formation and gets in so many good attacking positions, yet his crosses miss the target more often than not. Defensively, he is nothing to right home about, and teams have worked out that they can find joy down our left flank where our two mumustic players in Cahill and Alonso call home.

The safety in numbers of a 5 man defence has so far protected us from serious damage. We all saw how useless Alonso looked in a 4 man baackline. Just imagine what could have happened when Adama Traore was repeatedly rinsing Alonso if there were only 2 centre backs behind him...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
atebesunny:
to my best of knowledge while objectively analyzing the 3-defense system (Chelsea as a case study ), the only loophole(s) to weakened the system as an opposition manager is through the channels between the 2 wing backs and the 3 central defenders, and coincidentally the two goals Chelsea conceded during the 11-games streak were from these channels e.g. against man city.
One thing we must note as fans is that those wingers that have turned Alonso out (Tadic, Traore, Zaha, De Bruyne+navas etc) few fullbacks in the league can withstand their assaults. Also note that Alonso moves higher up the pitch than Moses, always there as an outlet for others to release the pass when under pressure, note that as the match goes on logically the wing backs tire out cos of the shuttling between attack and defense (case of Moses not completing full match during the winning streak).
The momentum and morale is up within the team so why disrupt it. The FA cup match coming up will be an avenue to do that.
To all the fans keep calm and enjoy the streak as long as it last

Great Analysis by the way...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
lordfalcao:
stats proved Alonso doing much work than moses.. And if you look beyond it it is very clear...
The whole world just concluded that Alonso is the man the opposition targets...of course he should have more clearances and interceptions

This is soo weird that I can't even imagine a world where someone compares Alonso and Moses

I don't see Alonso nominated for Awards
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
bigkesh:
It's only an Olodo that will say a Lwb that his been washed by his own markers has been the one filling the spaces for Moses

Against Tottenham Conte drew Cahill closer to the flanks to sweep Walker every time he beats Alonso for pace

Cahill saved a Januzaj shot against Sunderland after the Belgian lost Alonso with his movement

If Alonso was covering for Cahill he won't be spending soo much time on the flanks helping Hazard
Alonso was dribbled and beaten to pace, which defender in this world have not been dribbled and beaten to pace?

Conte drew this and that, Cahill blocked shot why Alonso is having over 30+ clearances. What you are saying holds no water. Work with the pictures I posted here and see what conte is seeing..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
bigkesh:

After he tried blaming Cahill for Alonso's inadequacies, I gave up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
bigkesh:

The whole world just concluded that Alonso is the man the opposition targets...of course he should have more clearances and interceptions

This is soo weird that I can't even imagine a world where someone compares Alonso and Moses

which whole world?? One or two people in this thread?? Am only give you this numbers To show you why Alonso is better than Kennedy that all. But if you want to compare moses to Alonso look at the stats and decide..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
Nihilist:
Alonso is a pure short 1. For a player who is allowed so much attacking license, his attacking contributions have been very ordinary. The guy is practically a winger in this new formation and gets in so many good attacking positions, yet his crosses miss the target more often than not. Defensively, he is nothing to right home about, and teams have worked out that they can find joy down our left flank where our two mumustic players in Cahill and Alonso call home.

The safety in numbers of a 5 man defence has so far protected us from serious damage. We all saw how useless Alonso looked in a 4 man baackline. Just imagine what could have happened when Adama Traore was repeatedly rinsing Alonso if there were only 2 centre backs behind him...
Alonso and moses have the same attacking license but Alonso is still doing more in team play and attack more than moses.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
lordfalcao:
Alonso was dribbled and beaten to pace, which defender in this world have not been dribbled and beaten to pace?

Conte drew this and that, Cahill blocked shot why Alonso is having over 30+ clearances. What you are saying holds no water. Work with the pictures I posted here and see what conte is seeing..

Have you heard the name Azpilicueta? cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
Bimffo:

Have you heard the name Azpilicueta? cool
so for your mind azplicueta has not been dribbled undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
lordfalcao:
Alonso and moses have the same attacking license but Alonso is still doing more in team play and attack more than moses.

Alonso gets further forward than Moses, and has more touches in the opposing box than almost(if not) all oter defenders in the league. His attacking returns are very very poor given the great positions he often finds hinslf in. If he was even laying on assists or scoring goals regularly I would ignore his near ineptitude at defending. He doesn't do near enough in that attacking zones and can be anonymous defensively. At best, Alonso can be defined as Just OK or Just Fine as Ibime put it, which to me is a clear case of damnation by faint praise. Moses's impact this season is evident in the fact that he has already become a fan favourite....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
Nihilist:

Alonso gets further forward than Moses, and has more touches in the opposing box than almost(if not) all oter defenders in the league. His attacking returns are very very poor given the great positions he often finds hinslf in. If he was even laying on assists or scoring goals regularly I would ignore his near ineptitude at defending. He doesn't do near enough in that attacking zones and can be anonymous defensively. At best, Alonso can be defined as Just OK or Just Fine as Ibime put it, which to me is a clear case of damnation by faint praise. Moses's impact this season is evident in the fact that he has already become a fan favourite....
the two where given full attacking access none was told to get into the attacking zone more or anything.Alonso getting into the box more is just because of his individual brilliance and technique that gets him more into the box. Alonso has just been thrilling in that left back because he has experienced it with fiorentina and also defensively Alonso returns back fully more than moses..

Am not comparing moses with Alonso cause that's not the root of this argument. My argument was based on people saying Kennedy is better and will offer more than Alonso. Which I won't accept
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
lordfalcao:
the two where given full attacking access none was told to get into the attacking zone more or anything.Alonso getting into the box more is just because of his individual brilliance and technique that gets him more into the box. Alonso has just been thrilling in that left back because he has experienced it with fiorentina and also defensively Alonso returns back fully more than moses..

Am not comparing moses with Alonso cause that's not the root of this argument. My argument was based on people saying Kennedy is better and will offer more than Alonso. Which I won't accept

allow them to keep changing goal post they all said Kennedy was better now they have divert it to moses people with no argument

my take conte should bench alonso for 3 match let us all see the outcome

people praising pedro today are those who have been condemning him since he signed for #CFC but this season he has been one of their favorite

chelsea fan na use and dump

kante and alonso has always been on the starting 11 they have done wonders 11 win 25 goals scored 2 conceived yet alonso is single out for the 2 goals
conceived

since kante will miss our next match i also​ want conte to bench alonso let their almighty Kennedy come to play.

fans now know Kennedy and alonso pass coach when dey give alonso starting line

people when dey deny the blunder of cahill for the bast 3 season what else will you expect
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
Bournemouth 1-1 Southampton
Ake and Bertrand with the goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
Life is fucking funny

We are here nailing and killing Alonso then Bertrand and Ake score in the same game

We have had Van Annholt, Luis,Ake and Bertrand in 6 years....Players perfectly made for that LWB

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
bigkesh:

You know why opposition player are attacking the left side? Azpilicueta in that right side is the reason.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
spartacus11:

allow them to keep changing goal post they all said Kennedy was better now they have divert it to moses people with no argument

my take conte should bench alonso for 3 match let us all see the outcome

people praising pedro today are those who have been condemning him since he signed for #CFC but this season he has been one of their favorite

chelsea fan na use and dump

kante and alonso has always been on the starting 11 they have done wonders 11 win 25 goals scored 2 conceived yet alonso is single out for the 2 goals
conceived

since kante will miss our next match i also​ want conte to bench alonso let their almighty Kennedy come to play.

fans now know Kennedy and alonso pass coach when dey give alonso starting line

people when dey deny the blunder of cahill for the bast 3 season what else will you expect
no mind them over 10 left backs on loan and none can bench Alonso at the moment
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ake want challenge for Golden Boot abi wetin?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
bigkesh:
Life is fucking funny

We are here nailing and killing Alonso then Bertrand and Ake score in the same game

We have had Van Annholt, Luis,Ake and Bertrand in 6 years....Players perfectly made for that LWB
bro Lwb is different from lb. only ake and luis are capable of playing LWB the rest na wash.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
truthfully Ake isn't 'TOO' suitable for the wing back role (watch his games keenly). He would be best in the LCB (cahill's position ) or LCM (matic's position ). He's calm and intelligent on the ball with a good eye to pick out pass from deep and recycle possession but not too pacy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
lordfalcao:

Oh I see.

Ok let me back out of that nigbayen..

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
lordfalcao:

Can you name the people who said Kennedy is better than Alonso?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
Pep talk loading

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
If I say Fraud and you say iola, omo na you sabi

How much will it cost to bring Sanchez to Stamford Bridge?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2412) (2413) (2414) (2415) (2416) (2417) (2418) ... (20021) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto(m), fredoooooo, 5inchdick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.