Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,488 members, 7,901,389 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10948142 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) ... (19692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
raumdeuter:
diggz
You remember the people comparing Robben even at his current age to Hazard
Abeg help me find them
I wonder why Robben isn't declining.. Oh he's under 30, sh.it I forgot grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
dyabman:

I wonder why Robben isn't declining.. Oh he's under 30, sh.it I forgot grin

Robben of under 30 was better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
raumdeuter:
diggz

You remember the people comparing Robben even at his current age to Hazard

Abeg help me find them

Kindly help me find the guy who told us that Arsenal defenders and midfielders are useless when Hazard scored against them few days ago.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Martinez the simulator. Bellerin the handler.
Today is a match between two drama actors. Arsenal carry pdp enter champions league. Isokay
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nothing special about this Bayern team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2017
This ref sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
Damn Ozil. Half time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
Throw back to Neuer hitting his head as if to say what bunch of Idiots surround Me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

We fit even get new winner.
I dey blank on the other teams but Dortmund gats Comot too,for that to happen.
Dortmund is not a threat. They are bunch of unserious individuals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
Griffon:
Nothing special about this Bayern team.
I swear, looks very average and poor, I fear Ancelloti hasn't improved the team 1 bit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
Shey Omo Kalidou ti a fe k'owo le lori niyen?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
lalaboi:

You keep shouting this extra defender BS like its the main reason we are not conceding as much goals. Everton had 5 at the back and chop 4 or was it 5. Spurs had 5 at the back and we scored 2. Before the craze this season, i remember even Rodgers of Liverpool used to try out this 3 center back system until arsenal destroyed him that day, press bullied the system and it was abolished. Playing 5 at the back is not guarantee of not conceding less.

I pointed out that Hazard has had a bad 2 months and coincidentally was that period our streak ended and we were not creating much upfront through hazard but instead through willian and pedro, your camp instead blamed Matic and opposition formation for Hazard's dip in form (pathetic). I am not denying what he has done this season, i just want him to do it all season long, having a 2 months break is not acceptable. We want Hazard to reach that height just below Messi and Ronnie not to be dragging stats with average joes.

Matic is so hated around here, no one notices even when he intercepts or wins the ball back or has a good game. when Kante has a bad game or makes errors just as much as Matic, everybody is deliberately blind. Kante is so black, we see him everywhere and doing all the flashy things we want to see. He's one hell of a player though, he's played so good we have all forgotten the Matic of old. Even right now that he's not at his best, he has contributed 6 assists due to his presence in the opponents half (your camp will call some lucky) with his supposed limited creativity.
You guys are complaining that Kante is doing all the work, imagine how much more he will have to do with Fabregas in the team?? will he not tire out?
Yes Matic can improve but Starting Fabregas in that DM position? hell nah! Calling for a player in the moul dof Veratti? hell yah! but a bit taller so as not to reduce the overall height of the team.
1- Spurs played a back 4@ the bridge

2- According to you we suffered a dip in form when Hazard switched off.. ...The question is why did that happen? That clearly shows why we need Fabregas or you think Hazard should do it alone?
You said Kante will tire out with Fabregas on the pitch, well I can as well say Hazard with all the creative burden will tire out without Fabregas
Fabregas and Matic played together against Bournemouth but Fabregas was the one close to being tired making tackles up and down and even getting a yellow card when Matic was just going to show face to Wilshere

3-The only game Kante had a bad game was at the Emirates.....Nigga has been splendid

4- You guys keep hammering the 6 assists shit.. ..when was the last time he recorded an assist? Matic is the Oscar of the DM.. ..It's easy to pad your stats when your team is blowing opponents away
How many of those assists came in a 1-0 or 2-0 win?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2017
what a useless club
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
Arsenal would always be assnal. Better luck next year gunners. May the odds be in your favour.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
This foolish Arsenal go just dey disgrace their papa for Europe, useless team.

Make I hear say Sanchez renew hin contract.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
For those who believe Ronaldo doesn't do any thing to help his team apart from scoring or that he isn't a team player the match against Napoli is for you to watch.

CC Bykebyke and other up barka fans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
lalaboi:

You keep shouting this extra defender BS like its the main reason we are not conceding as much goals. Everton had 5 at the back and chop 4 or was it 5. Spurs had 5 at the back and we scored 2.

The way some of you analyse football like neophytes sometimes sha.

Is there a formation that guarantees conceding less in football? So what is the point of this post? Does the lack of guaranteed cleansheet negate the defensive nature of a fomation that fields 5 defenders though? There's a reason why many managers looking to lock up shop have tuned to a 5 man back line this season - From Conte, to Moyes, Allardyce to Karanka, and Pochettino to Mazarri.

Surely it is obvious to even Stevie Wonder what a manager is trying to do when he plays 3 centrebacks instead of two.

I pointed out that Hazard has had a bad 2 months and coincidentally was that period our streak ended and we were not creating much upfront through hazard but instead through willian and pedro, your camp instead blamed Matic and opposition formation for Hazard's dip in form (pathetic). I am not denying what he has done this season, i just want him to do it all season long, having a 2 months break is not acceptable. We want Hazard to reach that height just below Messi and Ronnie not to be dragging stats with average joes.

Ronaldo plays in an attacking team with creative midfielders like Kroos and Modric. Messi plays at Barca. Hazard plays in a team where 8 of his teammates came on the pitch with defence as their first priority. Can you not see why Hazard might struggle for goals, or do you accept the chances to drop from heaven in a team where both 1st choice midfielders are making less than 1 key pass per game?

This is probably the most irritating thing about your rant because you can clearly see that Hazard isn't scoring as many goals as you would like, which is why you complained about him. Then your greedy azz is comparing Hazard to the 2 best attackers in the world who play in the 2 most attacking teams in the world, and expecting him to come close to their output. Which kain yarns be that?

Matic is so hated around here, no one notices even when he intercepts or wins the ball back or has a good game. when Kante has a bad game or makes errors just as much as Matic, everybody is deliberately blind. Kante is so black, we see him everywhere and doing all the flashy things we want to see. He's one hell of a player though, he's played so good we have all forgotten the Matic of old. Even right now that he's not at his best, he has contributed 6 assists due to his presence in the opponents half (your camp will call some lucky) with his supposed limited creativity.
You guys are complaining that Kante is doing all the work, imagine how much more he will have to do with Fabregas in the team?? will he not tire out?

When did Matic have a good game. Not a Meh game, but an actual good game. And please stop mentioning the assists from corner flickons. That is exactly our attackers are not having the clearcut chances they need - when we have to wait for Matic to nod a near post corner into the box before we see chance to score

Yes Matic can improve but Starting Fabregas in that DM position? hell nah! Calling for a player in the moul dof Veratti? hell yah! but a bit taller so as not to reduce the overall height of the team.

Fabregas has started in that position in this same formation this season multiple times, and contributed to our wins with proper goals and assists, so the idea that Fab can't do that is a fail. It's like Ibime said the other day, when Hazard is off form, then we all start shouting for Fabregas to save the day. My position isn't really against Matic as a player, but in case you haven't done so already - go and look at the midfield stats for Matic and Kante, Kante is already doing all the defensive work anyway.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
Sanchez should leave arsenal, he is under achieving there. A top player like Sanchez should be winning at least one trophy every year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
Sanchez should leave arsenal, he is under achieving there. A top player like Sanchez should be winning at least one trophy every year.

I thought we were going to sign that guy this january sef. How can any player looking for trophies sign any contract that has Wenger's name on it? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
Stupid arsenal defenders, See as them just boost Muller confidence, chamberlain don wipe ground taya. Gabriel paulista the Brazilian bonera.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nihilist:

I thought we were going to sign that guy this january sef. How can any player looking for trophies sign any contract that has Wenger's name on it? grin

we should just steal that guy from arsenal, he needs better washing of head wey go make am quit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
lordfalcao:
we should just steal that guy from arsenal, he needs better washing of head wey go make am quit

He doesn't need to be washed. He don see am first hand. Sanchez don play MMM with him career
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
Wenger should just take plane to Paris straight from Munich.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
My midweek game was great

How was yours
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Kindly help me find the guy who told us that Arsenal defenders and midfielders are useless when Hazard scored against them few days ago.

Raumdeuter, I still dey wait.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:22am On Feb 16, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Rumdeuter, I still dey wait.

Are Arsenal defenders not useless? Which other team will concede 5 goals in the CL and their keeper still made like 5 top saves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:04am On Feb 16, 2017
raumdeuter:

Are Arsenal defenders not useless? Which other team will concede 5 goals in the CL and their keeper still made like 5 top saves

We are both saying the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:12am On Feb 16, 2017
Nihilist:

He doesn't need to be washed. He don see am first hand. Sanchez don play MMM with him career
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:46am On Feb 16, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

1- Spurs played a back 4@ the bridge

2- According to you we suffered a dip in form when Hazard switched off.. ...The question is why did that happen? That clearly shows why we need Fabregas or you think Hazard should do it alone?
You said Kante will tire out with Fabregas on the pitch, well I can as well say Hazard with all the creative burden will tire out without Fabregas
Fabregas and Matic played together against Bournemouth but Fabregas was the one close to being tired making tackles up and down and even getting a yellow card when Matic was just going to show face to Wilshere

3-The only game Kante had a bad game was at the Emirates.....Nigga has been splendid

4- You guys keep hammering the 6 assists shit.. ..when was the last time he recorded an assist? Matic is the Oscar of the DM.. ..It's easy to pad your stats when your team is blowing opponents away
How many of those assists came in a 1-0 or 2-0 win?

1 - The point was 5 at the back is not an assurance of conceding less. Examples Everton, Liverpool under Rodgers vs Arsenal!

2 - Hazard suffered dip in form? answer your own question of why did it happen, you said it was due to the opposition formation? same opposition formation that allowed Willian and Pedro to shine during that period. He lost form i pointed it out, dont cook up annoying reasons as to why,, must we always find an excuse for Hazard?
O yes, lets applaud Fabregas for assisting against one of the leakiest defense in the league. undecided

3-See what i mean ? #DeliberatelyBlind. Was Kante great when he was being tossed around by Wanyama and Dembele? But there's no point nitpicking, he has been superb overall.

4 - See question? For a player who's highest ever assist in the same DM position was 2 or 3(title winning season) at best but now has 6! Haba. omo eniyan! If you won't give him glo/airtel. . give him this credit! Kante is as involved attacking-wise with Matic, how many does he have?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 8:13am On Feb 16, 2017
Nihilist:

The way some of you analyse football like neophytes sometimes sha.

Is there a formation that guarantees conceding less in football? So what is the point of this post? Does the lack of guaranteed cleansheet negate the defensive nature of a fomation that fields 5 defenders though? There's a reason why many managers looking to lock up shop have tuned to a 5 man back line this season - From Conte, to Moyes, Allardyce to Karanka, and Pochettino to Mazarri.

Surely it is obvious to even Stevie Wonder what a manager is trying to do when he plays 3 centrebacks instead of two.

Ronaldo plays in an attacking team with creative midfielders like Kroos and Modric. Messi plays at Barca. Hazard plays in a team where 8 of his teammates came on the pitch with defence as their first priority. Can you not see why Hazard might struggle for goals, or do you accept the chances to drop from heaven in a team where both 1st choice midfielders are making less than 1 key pass per game?

This is probably the most irritating thing about your rant because you can clearly see that Hazard isn't scoring as many goals as you would like, which is why you complained about him. Then your greedy azz is comparing Hazard to the 2 best attackers in the world who play in the 2 most attacking teams in the world, and expecting him to come close to their output. Which kain yarns be that?

When did Matic have a good game. Not a Meh game, but an actual good game. And please stop mentioning the assists from corner flickons. That is exactly our attackers are not having the clear-cut chances they need - when we have to wait for Matic to nod a near post corner into the box before we see chance to score

Fabregas has started in that position in this same formation this season multiple times, and contributed to our wins with proper goals and assists, so the idea that Fab can't do that is a fail. It's like Ibime said the other day, when Hazard is off form, then we all start shouting for Fabregas to save the day. My position isn't really against Matic as a player, but in case you haven't done so already - go and look at the midfield stats for Matic and Kante, Kante is already doing all the defensive work anyway.

You make it sound like when Chelsea attack only 3 players attack. na so e be? why do Moses and Alonso get a lot of space on the flanks when we attack? Because everyone calls us defensive team now means we are defensive? We have scored blody 52 goals in the league this season, only Arsenal and Liverpool have scored more and they are supposed to be the flagship of attacking teams abi? Keep saying to yourself that bs that 8 chelsea players are there to defend so you continue to believe it.

When did Matic have a good game abi? He's been outshined by Kante but was able to put in a very good performance vs Leicester earlier on this season (His best this season).

Fabregas in that position will offer more going forward, agreed! but will also leave us defensively vulnerable. Ee fe gboran!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2017
lalaboi:

You make it sound like when Chelsea attack only 3 players attack. na so e be? why do Moses and Alonso get a lot of space on the flanks when we attack? Because everyone calls us defensive team now means we are defensive? We have scored blody 52 goals in the league this season, only Arsenal and Liverpool have scored more and they are supposed to be the flagship of attacking teams abi? Keep saying to yourself that bs that 8 chelsea players are there to defend so you continue to believe it.

When did Matic have a good game abi? He's been outshined by Kante but was able to put in a very good performance vs Leicester earlier on this season (His best this season).

Fabregas in that position will offer more going forward, agreed! but will also leave us defensively vulnerable. Ee fe gboran!

16 of those 52 goals were from set pieces, the highest tally in the entire league, so make of that what you will.

My own is that you can't be complaining that Hazard doesnt score goals while maintaining that Matic must play in a system that produces relatively few chances from open play(the lowest of the current top 6 in fact)

When you point one finger at somebody, remember that 4 are pointing back at you.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeM4c7lTeMY

For those that missed "assnal tv"! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) ... (19692) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: neztar and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.