Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,996 members, 7,876,770 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10806409 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2750) (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) ... (19519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:41am On Apr 06, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Costa has cooled off.
it is hazards to lose now except if this kante fever never die out.
if costa continues like this, i doubt he will get a nomination
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2017
Pep Guardiola has suffered 6 league defeats as Man City boss this season, his highest tally in a single league season as a manager. Loss
Still in the useless epl

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2017
Who saw where Eden sliced Stones

Hazard turned Stones to bread and Jesus was on the pitch

I keep watching the clip. .....Nigga cast Stones like he doesn't sin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 06, 2017
Chelsea makes me want to kill myself...WTF
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:21am On Apr 06, 2017
Gyalchester:

Chelsea makes me want to kill myself...WTF

Send us our $100 each b4 u do.

We would come pay our tributes when u are gone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jonsnow92: 5:22am On Apr 06, 2017
macjireh:

eyaaah, sorry ehn....lemme complete it...we also have Bournemouth, manU and Everton.... sure 24points..... sorry ehñnn
Its Chelsea's season of Harvest fa..Enjoy!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 06, 2017
bigkesh:
Who saw where Eden sliced Stones

Hazard turned Stones to bread and Jesus was on the pitch

I keep watching the clip. .....Nigga cast Stones like he doesn't sin

Stones is a fraud even my great grandfather could slice his way through, stop hyping him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Send us our $100 each b4 u do.

We would come pay our tributes when u are gone.

Nothing is free and I don't dish out money to anonymous people.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:59am On Apr 06, 2017
Ibime:
Those who think Matic brings nothing to Chelsea midfield should watch Danny Murphy's analysis on MOTD.

He just broke down how Matic fills the holes in midfield.

Like I told Nihilist last-nite, It's something Cesc can't do.

Being a CM isn't just about the touches and vision. Good positioning and great awareness are traits that are required most.

We all saw how Citeh were slicing through our midfield when Cesc and Kante were doing the shift, you can't compare that to when Matic came on.

The difference was clear as 7up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:07am On Apr 06, 2017
What have you all got on Zouma's performance?

I think he was pretty solid in the first half and needs more game time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:10am On Apr 06, 2017
Conte on why he subbed zouma :

"It was only a tactical change," he added. "I think Kurt played very well in the first half but we suffered too much in the midfield and for this reason I preferred to pick Matic and reinforce our midfield

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2017
Griffon:

Being a CM isn't just about the touches and vision. Good positioning and great awareness are traits that are required most.

We all saw how Citeh were slicing through our midfield when Cesc and Kante were doing the shift, you can't compare that to when Matic came on.

Everything improved my gee, from the protection Alonso received on the left to the stability Kante experienced in the middle.

Danny Murphy basically showed clip after clip of one-twos around Fabregas, players running behind him etc leaving Kante in no man's land.

He then showed clip after clip of how Matics positioning and pressing blocked all the passing lanes and running avenues.

He did not show one tackle for Matic, he just showed how he filled all the holes with correct positioning. This is what I was telling those peeps who reduced analysis to tackles and claimed that Kante was carrying Matic and he might as well use those tackles to carry Fabregas. Utter crap.

What yesterday instead showed is Matic helps a little piece of everyone defensively from Alonso to Cahill to Kante.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Ibime:

Everything improved my gee, from the protection Alonso received on the left to the stability Kante experienced in the middle.

Danny Murphy basically showed clip after clip of one-twos around Fabregas, players running behind him etc leaving Kante in no man's land.

He then showed clip after clip of how Matics positioning and pressing blocked all the passing lanes and running avenues.

He did not show one tackle for Matic, he just showed how he filled all the holes with correct positioning. This is what I was telling those peeps who reduced analysis to tackles and claimed that Kante was carrying Matic and he might as well use those tackles to carry Fabregas. Utter crap.

What yesterday instead showed is Matic helps a little piece of everyone defensively from Alonso to Cahill to Kante.
send link let me read.... Even conte clearly admitted that the absence of Matic in the first half made our mildfield suffer..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:40am On Apr 06, 2017
Griffon:

And like I said to you last night, bringing Matic on in the 2nd half had nothing to do with Cesc's performance.

If Cesc was the issue, Conte would have made a straight swap with Matic. Instead, he brought Matic on to join Cesc.

I put it to you that if Conte had kept the same 343 with Matic instead of Cesc, the exact same thing would have continued to happen, quite simply due to the numerical advantage City had in central midfield with Delph, Fernandinho, and Silva.

For most of the first half, Silva only had to go and stand in the halfspace between midfield and the centre backs, because he knew Fab and Kante had to watch Delph and Fernandinho. This is why Luiz was having to rush out so much to try and Mark Silva.

I don't need any soothsayer on TV to tell me that once you throw an extra body into to midfield to Mark Silva all that nonsense would stop. It didn't even have to be Matic, you could have plucked a spectator from the Shed end and put him in the midfield to the same effect.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Conte faces battle to convince Chelsea to sign Pirlo

Antonio Conte won’t find it easy to bring in former player Andrea Pirlo to Chelsea as a coach.

Conte wants to replace current first-team coach Steve Holland in the summer, according former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins.

Holland is set join up with the England camp alongside Gareth Southgate ahead of the World Cup in Russia.

Pirlo, 37, is still at New York City FC but was welcomed to the Chelsea training ground at Cobham back in December during the MLS off-season.

Conte said at the time: “I’m pleased for this visit. Andrea was my player for three years and we won together.”

Blues midfielder Cesc Fabregas shared a photo with Pirlo, saying: “With the Master”.

“I know for a fact he has been around Stamford Bridge on a number of occasions this year,” Wilkins told talkSPORT.

“He’s the one that Antonio Conte would like. He managed him at Juventus until he was 34.

“He is the one he will want to come in [to replace Holland].”

But according to the Times, Conte is facing a battle to convince the club hierachy to bring in an Italian coach.

The report says Chelsea would prefer to bring in a coach already working in the Premier League instead.

Pirlo would bring 22 years of experience to Chelsea from spells with Brescia, Inter Milan, Reggina (loan), AC Milan, Juventus and now New York City.

Pirlo moved to the Old Lady in 2011 where Conte helped turn around his career by using him as a playmaker in his 3-4-3 system.

The Italian midfielder has scored one goal in 50 games since moving to America two years ago.

http://www.squawka.com/news/pirlo-to-chelsea-struggle/929489#iH6buHqhKD36Y26W.97

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2017
Nihilist:

And like I said to you last night, bringing Matic on in the 2nd half had nothing to do with Cesc's performance.

If Cesc was the issue, Conte would have made a straight swap with Matic. Instead, he brought Matic on to join Cesc.

I put it to you that if Conte had kept the same 343 with Matic instead of Cesc, the exact same thing would have continued to happen, quite simply due to the numerical advantage City had in central midfield with Delph, Fernandinho, and Silva.

For most of the first half, Silva only had to go and stand in the halfspace between midfield and the centre backs, because he knew Fab and Kante had to watch Delph and Fernandinho. This is why Luiz was having to rush out so much to try and Mark Silva.

I don't need any soothsayer on TV to tell me that once you throw an extra body into to midfield to Mark Silva all that nonsense would stop. It didn't even have to be Matic, you could have plucked a spectator from the Shed end and put him in the midfield to the same effect.

You are a boss.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 8:12am On Apr 06, 2017
jonsnow92:
So out of Chelsea's 8 remaining games 5 out of them are against Southampton, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Sunderland and Watford.
Oh I Hate this Chelsea!!!!..Must they win this league!!!Fvck
excluding Watford the remaining teams are really pain in the ass.. Especially to Chelsea.. Sunderland; all this Derby matches crystal palace is a good example plus na this kain time Sunderland dey fight dia out of the relegation zone na God know the kain spirit wey dey drag dem comot for dia
Middlesbrough; with dia 8 1 1 formation all dey want is a draw Man utd match comes to mind with ova 20shots on target well we r more technical Dan the con6tent team

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 8:16am On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:52am On Apr 06, 2017
Raumdeuter, Bykebyke, show me Kante or Pedro on the list. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Who is the highest rated player in the EPL as at today, I can't see it clearly please. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:05am On Apr 06, 2017
Ibime:

Tell them bro. Even my grand father know say we need matic to help Kante.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:
Raumdeuter, Bykebyke, show me Kante or Pedro on the list. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Who is the highest rated player in the EPL as at today, I can't see it clearly please. grin grin grin
Can't be trusted. lipsrsealed

After all at this point last season,Riyad Mahrez was topping that chart. undecided

Off you go. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Hazardd(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2017
Infact we should sell Diego Costa and use the money for hazard birthday
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2017
Nihilist:

It ain't about numbers my gee. Fabregas came off around 70 minutes sef and nothing changed.

As it was, Matic and Kante mounted the roadblock, it's not like Fabregas was helping them with anything defensively. Matic simultaneously mounted midfield roadblock with Kante and left-wing roadblock to help Alonso who was being outnumbered in the 1st half.

We have been playing 3-4-3 all season with Matic and Kante and never heard about needing a 3rd midfielder until today. Matic and Kante were always sufficient.

This is simply a case of Matic benefitting from the narrative Fabregas has enjoyed all season. All season, Fabregas came off the bench and we all noticed an improvement in our attacking play and lauded him for it. Matics 90 minute defensive contribution was swept under the carpet in that narrative. Today for the first time, Matic came off the bench and we all noticed an improvement in our defensive play.

Sometimes you need a stark contrast to set a narrative. Matic got the same narrative yesterday that Fabregas has got all season on the attacking side. No need to be salty about it. Even the coach acknowledged it.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Ibime:

It ain't about numbers my gee. Fabregas came off around 70 minutes sef and nothing changed.

As it was, Matic and Kante mounted the roadblock, it's not like Fabregas was helping them with anything defensively. Matic simultaneously mounted midfield roadblock with Kante and left-wing roadblock to help Alonso who was being outnumbered in the 1st half.

We have been playing 3-4-3 all season with Matic and Kante and never heard about needing a 3rd midfielder until today. Matic and Kante were always sufficient.

This is simply a case of Matic benefitting from the narrative Fabregas has enjoyed all season. All season, Fabregas came off the bench and we all noticed an improvement in our attacking play and lauded him for it. Matics 90 minute defensive contribution was swept under the carpet in that narrative. Today for the first time, Matic came off the bench and we all noticed an improvement in our defensive play.

Sometimes you need a stark contrast to set a narrative. Matic got the same narrative yesterday that Fabregas has got all season on the attacking side. No need to be salty about it. Even the coach acknowledged it.
We almost have similar understanding of this game called football bar your earlier "yarn" at the beginning of the season when you said we don't have the players to compete with the Manchester clubs which I disagreed.

You dey try bros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Ibime:

It's a no-brainer that if you send on a DM, you will gain defensive solidity in midfield. Afterall, that was Mikel was doing under Mourinho.

What we saw yesterday was not a straight swap, but a formation change. If Cesc was the problem, Conte would have simply swapped him out for Matic. Conte saw that the issue was with the formation, NOT the personnel. 343 simply could not contest the midfield against a 451, so he put an extra man in midfield. Dazall.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2017
Nihilist:

Brah it had nothing to do with numerical advantage.

Against Liverpool at Anfield, It was Can, Wijnaldum and Henderson vs Kante and Matic. We weren't penetrated, and were unlucky not to have won that game.

Against Spurs at home, It was Dembele, Wanyama, Erikson and the ever-playing-from-deep Alli vs Kante and Matic. We won that tie without being penetrated much.

What you saw lastnite was poor midfield positioning n' awareness on display, not being at a numerical disadvantage.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2017
Nihilist:

It's a no-brainer that if you send on a DM, you will gain defensive solidity in midfield. Afterall, that was Mikel was doing under Mourinho.

What we saw yesterday was not a straight swap, but a formation change. If Cesc was the problem, Conte would have simply swapped him out for Matic. Conte saw that the issue was with the formation, NOT the personnel. 343 simply could not contest the midfield against a 451, so he put an extra man in midfield. Dazall.

If you sent on another Fabregas, you would still struggle. Silva was running behind Fabregas in the 1st half with only 5 yards of space to run into. Fabregas could not keep up with 5 yards, it's not like Fabregas was on the halfway line when Silva was running behind him.

The 3-4-3 to 3-5-2 is neither here nor there. In the 3-4-3, Hazard and Pedro usually share the load of occupying the opposition DM, or if they can't get to him, the opposition DM is allowed to keep the ball, while Matic and Kante form a base double pivot to deal with the attacking midfielders. Fabregas was never asked to do anything in the 1st half but sit in his own half and deal with Silva or anyone trying to penetrate our Right DM side. He was never asked to push on to Delph which was left to Pedro and Hazard, yet Silva kept penetrating his side.

Yesterday in the 1st half, Kante was being dragged left-to-right as Fabregas could not do the job effectively and ended up between positions without ever really getting to his man. Not only that but the knock-on effect of leaving Alonso isolated as he could not shuttle between LCM and RCM and still support Alonso.

When Matic came on, Kante was free to focus on his job on the right while Matic handled the left and they were in charge. Fabregas was just floating in the middle, still not getting to Delph which was why he was taken off. He came off, replaced by Willian in a reversion to our usual system and still Man City could not do anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Griffon:

Brah it had nothing to do with numerical advantage.

Against Liverpool at Anfield, It was Can, Wijnaldum and Henderson vs Kante and Matic. We weren't penetrated, and were unlucky not to have won that game.

Against Spurs at home, It was Dembele, Wanyama, Erikson and the ever-playing-from-deep Alli vs Kante and Matic. We won that tie without being penetrated much.

What you saw lastnite was poor midfield positioning n' awareness on display, not being at a numerical disadvantage.

Can, WIjnaldum and Henderson combined do not have half the talent that David Silva has in his big toe. There are levels to this ish.

MSN are also 3 men. You won't expose your defence to them because your defence regularly eats a trio of Redmond, Shane Long, and J.Rodriguez for dinner. Which is why even after Matic came on, Costa was dragged down by Conte to track back on the left flank. Which is why when Willian came on, the only thing he did was sit in midfield and track back. Willian made only THREE passes yesterday. THREE.

Context is the key to everything.

There was nothing like Poor positioning from Fabregas or Kante. The 2 of them were simply not enough to contest the midfield with City. Instead the City attacks were snuffed out at Centre back level where we had the advantage. City only had 2 shots in the box that 1st half...compared to 5 from outside the box. In fact, the only times we really looked like conceding was when Matic allowed Stones and then Kompany free headers in the box from set pieces. One of those headers was straight at Courtois, the other hit the Bar.

I don't want to do a Fab vs Matic argument today bros, but I just want you to know that a formation change was what happened yesterday, not a personnel change. Dazall.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2017
Ibime:

Nihilist my gee, this has been nailed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Nihilist:

Can, WIjnaldum and Henderson combined do not have half the talent that David Silva has in his big toe. There are levels to this ish.

MSN are also 3 men. You won't expose your defence to them because your defence regularly eats a trio of Redmond, Shane Long, and J.Rodriguez for dinner. Which is why even after Matic came on, Costa was dragged down by Conte to track back on the left flank. Which is why when Willian came on, the only thing he did was sit in midfield and track back. Willian made only THREE passes yesterday. THREE.

Context is the key to everything.

There was nothing like Poor positioning from Fabregas or Kante. The 2 of them were simply not enough to contest the midfield with City. Instead the City attacks were snuffed out at Centre back level where we had the advantage. City only had 2 shots in the box that 1st half...compared to 5 from outside the box. In fact, the only times we really looked like conceding was when Matic allowed Stones and then Kompany free headers in the box from set pieces. One of those headers was straight at Courtois, the other hit the Bar.

I don't want to do a Fab vs Matic argument today bros, but I just want you to know that a formation change was what happened yesterday, not a personnel change. Dazall.

Context please. Are we discussing being outnumbered in the middle of the park or the artistry of Silva?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:27am On Apr 06, 2017
Griffon:

Context please. Are we discussing being outnumbered in the middle of the park or the artistry of Silva?

They are not mutually exclusive. When you have 3 midfield men, two of which are Fernandinho and Silva, you will ALWAYS be outnumbered if you face them with a midfield 2. Did you see Spain vs France 2 weeks ago? Don't act like Kante is infallible when he meets superior talent.

In case you forgot, even with Matic on the Pitch, Costa dropped into midfield, and Willian did as well. That's why I pointed out tat Willian only made 3 passes as well. The only way to cope with the numbers was to drag every last man back except for Hazard.

Costa's heat map below. You can see that the vast majority of his time was spent in central midfield and occassionaly our own half. We might as well argue that Costa brought solidity into our midfield because Fabregas is crap.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 11:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Fabregas came off 82nd minute but continue the interesting debate grin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2750) (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) ... (19519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olabode89(m), Kayyy and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.