Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,412 members, 7,920,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11038428 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3028) (3029) (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) ... (19767) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Roland17:

No be only golden generation!! Best in the EPL when they play with better players from the world. The success, quality and level of competition witnessed in the EPL has not particularly been hinged on English players

Dele Alli, Harry Kane, Ryan Bertrand, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Gary Cahill, Jamie Vardy
Thats 7 players that have been voted among the EPL best 11 in the past 2 seasons.

If those EPL best players are not enough to impart their quality into the English NY then what will?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
timbros:
Ibime you said something earlier, like 2 pages ago, that I completely agree with. You said 'in Conte I trust'.

If this 10 member technical observers agree that Bakayoko is better than all DMs in the whole 32 teams in UCL and worthy of being in the TOTY AND most importantly, Conte is ready to buy him, then he must be doing something good in the pitch.

And his age! At 22, it's more easier for Conte to mould him to a player he wants. I mean look at what Conte did to Moses, Alonso and Luiz.

Don't tell me Conte doesn't know about this his awful first touch and other 'technical deficiencies'. But he is still ready to sanction the deal. Could he (Conte) be seeing something we don't see? Possibly. Might he be planning to use him in another position? Only time will tell.

One thing is very obvious: Conte is a genius. In him, I trust.

Two things I hate most in a central midfielder are present in Bakayokos game, infact, they are his main style of play.

1. One who takes too long to control the ball. While this clown is counting which leg to use to control the ball, he is missing opportunities to play his teammates into promising situation, while opponents are busy marking his teammates while he takes his time. Opponents will also be closing him down while he takes an eternity to get the ball within his control and robbing him of the ball. His style of play gets you "bogged down in midfield".

2. I especially hate a central midfielder that tries to dribble through the midfield to achieve nothing that a quick pass will not achieve 10 times more effectively. Bakayoko dribbles too much through central midfield because he does not trust his passing ability one iota, so he has to literally carry the ball to within 5 yards of his teammate before he is comfortable to release a useless pass that gets the team nowhere as opposition are now back in position while he was busy dribbling aimlessly to hide his decrepit ball control and passing ability.

A midfielders first touch should always open him up for a pass. Some midfielders first touch (Ramires, Bakayoko) is so slow, ponderous or loose that their second touch is forced to be a tackle or dribble. The question you should ask yourself is why Bakayokos first touch always puts him in direct confrontation with an opponent so he has to dribble him, tackle him or lose the ball.

This is my technical observation on Bakayoko.

In Conte I trust, but I am looking this Bakayoko deal with one eye.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ibime:

Two things I hate most in a central midfielder are present in Bakayokos game, infact, they are his main style of play.

1. One who takes too long to control the ball. While this clown is counting which leg to use to control the ball, he is missing opportunities to play his teammates into promising situation, while opponents are busy marking his teammates while he takes his time. Opponents will also be closing him down while he takes an eternity to get the ball within his control and robbing him of the ball. His style of play gets you "bogged down in midfield".

2. I especially hate a central midfielder that tries to dribble through the midfield to achieve nothing that a quick pass will not achieve 10 times more effectively. Bakayoko dribbles too much through central midfield because he does not trust his passing ability one iota, so he has to literally carry the ball to within 5 yards of his teammate before he is comfortable to release a useless pass that gets the team nowhere as opposition are now back in position while he was busy dribbling aimlessly to hide his decrepit ball control and passing ability.

This is my technical observation on Bakayoko.

In Conte I trust, but I am looking this Bakayoko deal with one eye.
grin grin grin
And we could have signed Corentin Tolisso.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Unlimited22:

grin grin grin
And we could have signed Corentin Tolisso.

Leandro Paredes even better. The football will be singing and zipping about quickly if Paredes was in our midfield. Tolisso is preferable to Bakayoko but a robust midfield controller alongside Kante is my primary wish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ibime:

Leandro Paredes even better. The football will be singing and zipping about quickly if Paredes was in our midfield. Tolisso is preferable to Bakayoko but a robust midfield controller alongside Kante is my primary wish.
Whatever happened to Kevin Strootman??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 1:07am On Jun 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Dele Alli, Harry Kane, Ryan Bertrand, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Gary Cahill, Jamie Vardy
Thats 7 players that have been voted among the EPL best 11 in the past 2 seasons.

If those EPL best players are not enough to impart their quality into the English NY then what will?

Amongst those players you have listed, only 2 can dominate, not too sure of Dele's consistency though especially long term.

I get your sarcasm anyways!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 1:13am On Jun 14, 2017
dopeJemi:

World's richest club, man united

Chelsea?

What next
yeah.. And all that money bought you a mansion at 6th avenue all through the season.

How wonderful.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 5:27am On Jun 14, 2017
This people have started the United vs Chelsea argument again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:42am On Jun 14, 2017
3030 150 remembers

3030 150 hates..

Urgghhh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 5:55am On Jun 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

The only name I rate in that list is danny rose. Not even kane nor dele.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2017
Unlimited22:

Whatever happened to Kevin Strootman??

Injuries. Dude was out for like two years, but he just return this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:16am On Jun 14, 2017
Emaprince:
The only name I rate in that list is danny rose. Not even kane nor dele.

Get a seat in a lonely corner and think about what you just said

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 7:31am On Jun 14, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
yeah.. And all that money bought you a mansion at 6th avenue all through the season.

How wonderful.
Would it have made a difference if it was 2nd avenue?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:35am On Jun 14, 2017
raumdeuter:
bigkesh

You dey see Ousmane Dembele just destroy John Stones?

That boy is everything.... Everything

Dortmund set his price at 90m......For me that's a steal for any club

I am not worried about goals now....This guy uses both feet,the goals will come surely

Chelsea should pay the fucking 90m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:13am On Jun 14, 2017
bigkesh:

That boy is everything.... Everything

Dortmund set his price at 90m......For me that's a steal for any club

I am not worried about goals now....This guy uses both feet,the goals will come surely

Chelsea should pay the fucking 90m

God Forbid.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2017
Btw I think last night should serve as a reminder to Conte.

Cahill's race is run, his goose is cooked, his watch has ended.

He's done.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 8:29am On Jun 14, 2017
Nihilist:

He's done.
haha, Mr man, the man is still a commander in the heart of defence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2017
3030 bitches grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2017
Nihilist:

God Forbid.

cheesy 90million for the akkant ti ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2017
eph12:

Would it have made a difference if it was 2nd avenue?
yep

at least you will be a a real title (trophy) contender and you wont be scrambling for shitty best loser's europa cup.
i wonder what would have happened if europa cup didn't become a back door to champions league now.

real madrid, most expensive squad. - club world cup, champions league, laliga...(this is elite club)
imanyoo, second most expensive squad in the world - community shield, efl, europa. (this is elite wannabe)

money cannot buy class tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Nihilist:

He's done.

I personally have come to this conclusion since the end of last season.
I am waiting to see the miracle Conte will make happen next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Nihilist:

He's done.
cry cry cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2017
diggz:

I personally have come to this conclusion since the end of last season.
I am waiting to see the miracle Conte will make happen next season.

If there's anything I hate, it's when a defender is dribbled and left for dead from a standing position. Succumbing to Pogba's wiles last night is unforgivable
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2017
Tough fixtures awaits us in august/september
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2017
HURAY!!!
The EPL fixtures for next season is out
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

yep

at least you will be a a real title (trophy) contender and you wont be scrambling for shitty best loser's europa cup.
i wonder what would have happened if europa cup didn't become a back door to champions league now.

real madrid, most expensive squad. - club world cup, champions league, laliga...(this is elite club)
imanyoo, second most expensive squad in the world - community shield, efl, europa. (this is elite wannabe)

money cannot buy class tongue
Oh I even thought manyoo is the most expensive squad. Check well o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2017
The Premier League fixtures for 2017-18 have been released and the defending Champions Chelsea will begin their title defence at home against Burnley.
The likes of Arsenal and Manchester United will also begin their season at home against West Ham United and Leicester City.
Manchester City will take on the newly promoted side Brighton in their first match. Elsewhere, Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool will travel to Watford in their opening game.
Tottenham Hotspurs will play Newcastle United and Crystal Palace welcomes Huddersfield.
December is packed with cracking fixtures including the Merseyside derby, the London derby and the Manchester derby.
Check out the full Premier League 2017/18 fixtures list in full below

[b]
August 12
Arsenal v Leicester City
Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City
Chelsea v Burnley
Crystal Palace v Huddersfield Town
Everton v Stoke City
Manchester United v West Ham United
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Swansea City
Watford v Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion v Bournemouth
AUGUST 19
Bournemouth v Watford
Burnley v West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town v Newcastle United
Leicester City v Brighton and Hove Albion
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Manchester City v Everton
Stoke City v Arsenal
Swansea City v Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea
West Ham United v Southampton
AUGUST 26
Bournemouth v Manchester City
Chelsea v Everton
Crystal Palace v Swansea City
Huddersfield Town v Southampton
Liverpool v Arsenal
Manchester United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v West Ham United
Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley
Watford v Brighton and Hove Albion
West Bromwich Albion v Stoke City
SEPTEMBER 9
Arsenal v Bournemouth
Brighton and Hove Albion v West Bromwich Albion
Burnley v Crystal Palace
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City v Chelsea
Manchester City v Liverpool
Southampton v Watford
Stoke City v Manchester United
Swansea City v Newcastle United
West Ham United v Huddersfield Town
SEPTEMBER 16
Bournemouth v Brighton and Hove Albion
Chelsea v Arsenal
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Huddersfield Town v Leicester City
Liverpool v Burnley
Manchester United v Everton
Newcastle United v Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City
Watford v Manchester City
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United
SEPTEMBER 23
Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion
Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United
Burnley v Huddersfield Town
Everton v Bournemouth
Leicester City v Liverpool
Manchester City v Crystal Palace
Southampton v Manchester United
Stoke City v Chelsea
Swansea City v Watford
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur
SEPTEMBER 30
Bournemouth v Leicester City
Arsenal v Brighton and Hove Albion
Chelsea v Manchester City
Everton v Burnley
Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
Newcastle United v Liverpool
Stoke City v Southampton
West Bromwich Albion v Watford
West Ham United v Swansea City
OCTOBER 14
Brighton and Hove Albion v Everton
Burnley v West Ham United
Crystal Palace v Chelsea
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion
Liverpool v Manchester United
Manchester City v Stoke City
Southampton v Newcastle United
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town
Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth
Watford v Arsenal
OCTOBER 21
Chelsea v Watford
Everton v Arsenal
Huddersfield Town v Manchester United
Manchester City v Burnley
Newcastle United v Crystal Palace
Southampton v West Bromwich Albion
Stoke City v Bournemouth
Swansea City v Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
West Ham United v Brighton and Hove Albion
OCTOBER 28
Bournemouth v Chelsea
Arsenal v Swansea City
Brighton and Hove Albion v Southampton
Burnley v Newcastle United
Crystal Palace v West Ham United
Leicester City v Everton
Liverpool v Huddersfield Town
Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
Watford v Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City
NOVEMBER 4
Chelsea v Manchester United
Everton v Watford
Huddersfield Town v West Bromwich Albion
Manchester City v Arsenal
Newcastle United v Bournemouth
Southa
[/b]

Courtesy :younggod1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Nihilist:

God Forbid.

In 3 years the market will go crazy and that 90m will look like a steal..........
Dembouz is the super boy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2017
Nihilist:

He's done.
I came to this conclusion about him and ivanovic at the end of 2014/2015.
Ivan has gone, it's time for him to leave.
Or he can be kept around like Terry was this season as he's English.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2017
Mehn I love our fixtures next season!

Playing Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Everton and Stoke by September.

By then teams never get their rhythm. If we can be top of the league by October, e go hard for others o.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2017
timbros:
Mehn I love our fixtures next season!

Playing Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Everton and Stoke by September.

By then teams never get their rhythm. If we can be top of the league by October, e go hard for others o.

Oboy na so 2015/16 start oh.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2017
Ibime:

Oboy na so 2015/16 start oh.

Lightning doesn't strike on a spot twice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3028) (3029) (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) ... (19767) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kalapizim(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.