Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10907551 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) ... (19677) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Me, I have my own agenda.

I'm not even bothering to assess what Morata can bring to Chelsea as I'm already convinced that he wasn't even ready for EPL in the first place. If Conte manages to work on his mentality, then great. Otherwise, it's simply more ammo for me.

My main agenda is to prove the guys who said first touch is better than goals, that I was right and they were wrong.

Call me the Arya Stark of the thread, cos I have a list of people I need to kill this season.

Don't worry Nateevs...you're last on the list.... grin grin

Emi White Walker! Don't get it twisted Greyjoy, the storm is coming for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
[/i][i][i][/i]
timbros:

diggz na Llorente fan

Llorente came into the equation when everyone didn't want lukaku. I was of the opinion that I will rather give batshuayi a season to fail or succeed with Llorente as the back up striker or main striker as the case maybe due to the fact that he will come cheap and actually provide us with the temporary time we need to watch batshuayi fail or succeed.

I also made it clear I didn't want morata because of is history of not finding the back of net too often, plus the fee he will be coming for. I always referenced morata to fernadud to drive home my point. If he fails to score goals we will be stuck with 70mil pounds of shyttee for seasons to come. Changing the entire team to make him work or score goals etc....it was just a risk I particularly felt wasn't worth the headache and we can resolve for a short term by signing a player like Llorente while looking for better options or hoping batshuayi/tammy etc comes to the party.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

First Touch is Better than Goals...Verbatim
what he said kinda make sense though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Morata will shock all of you. I dont expect much goals. But i hope no one will criticize him when he scores only 10goals with lots of chances created, hence making it easier for his team mates to score loads of goals too.

I dont expect the team to rely on one individual.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Tooh..! We have confirmed one of the names.

Cc timbros
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
nateevs:

Firstly, I did state categorically that only Ronaldo level talent should worth that amount.

Secondly, we've been through this Lukaku thingy. It doesn't matter that he is 24, he lacks the fundamental requirements to take us to the next level. We've come a long way in our building. At least for once, the rhetoric of sexy football doesn't winning matches is dead forever.

Jam body football is gone. I hate to see us spend £80m to bring it back.

Conte -

“If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he’s strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left. He’s a complete player. He’s one of the top strikers in the world

Conte - ‘You know very well the dynamic of the market: it seemed that Morata would finish at Manchester United and Lukaku at Chelsea. Instead it happened the other way around.’

Conte - ‘Morata is having training with us and for sure he has to improve a lot his physical condition to go quickly to the idea of our football,’ said Conte.

Conte does not like Jambody cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
pamcode:
what he said kinda make sense though.

Aye it did.

Do you want to enter the list. Space still dey o. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
nateevs:

Emi Night Walker! Don't get it twisted Greyjoy, the storm is coming for you.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
Emaprince:
Morata will shock all of you. I dont expect much goals. But i hope no one will criticize him when he scores only 10goals with lots of chances created, hence making it easier for his team mates to score loads of goals too.

I dont expect the team to rely on one individual.

Bro what is the number of chances you are talking about specifically?

Will you also consider the chances created if they don't end up at as goals?

See I have stated I am expecting him to score minimum of 15goals in the pl Alone,not cl,fa or Carling cup. Anything short of that he is a completely failure in my eye.

If you are saying 10goals( which is extremely poor because batshuayi,traore ,tammy or fvcking bamford will guarantee that number in a season if given the chance to play consistently), what amount of assist will set him head and shoulders above every youth striker we have sold for less than 8mil or sent on loan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Aye it did.

Do you want to enter the list. Space still dey o. cheesy

Bwuahahahaha cheesy cheesy

No need to ask him bcuz, I just added him to the list. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Conte -

“If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he’s strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left. He’s a complete player. He’s one of the top strikers in the world

Conte - ‘You know very well the dynamic of the market: it seemed that Morata would finish at Manchester United and Lukaku at Chelsea. Instead it happened the other way around.’

Conte - ‘Morata is having training with us and for sure he has to improve a lot his physical condition to go quickly to the idea of our football,’ said Conte.

Conte does not like Jambody cheesy

If conte knew and said all these and still made morata his first choice, as our morata brothers had wanted us to believe, then he is a fool.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
10 goals! For a 70m CF who will be flanked by Hazard and Willian and not C.Ronaldo and Bale?
Where will all the other needed goals come from? I laff in sign language.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Alhaji, you will like to tone down the agenda. There's no need to bend it all the way to your end, so you can climb.
There are a billion things to take from that post but you are summarising everything into your agenda.

However you like to twist it, the objective is goals. Lots of them. The difference between us is how we intend to achieve them. You want to go down the line of finding one guy who does it all, at the expense of a collective goal-scoring system. I want to go down the line of a collective goal-scoring system, at the expense of one guy who does it all alone. Simples!

Why do I want this?

Well.....I want to prevent a situation where things fall apart, when the one guy who does it all, is unavailable. In it's place, I want a system that works for goals, even when the main guy is unavailable.

There's no need to make it look like we are trying to sacrifice goals for first touch. We are saying, without first touch, one guy may score a lot but collectively, less. We are saying..... with first touch, we want to score more goals, but collectively! It's as simple as ABC. Unless, as you have rightly admitted, there is an agenda. grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Me just get one question.

Is Morata an Emenalo signing or Conte signing.?

We need to know b4 the season hits full throttle.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by funlord(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Big boy grandpa ibrahimovic came to the premier league with a walking stick and joined man united for free oh and ended up with 28 goalisimmos but some people want us to now believe morufu van Basten that cost £70m should come and score 7.5 goals and give 54 assists and not be called flopson?

Odiegwu......kole something.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
airmark:

We don buy first touch, na to look for who to add the second touch.

Timbros did, unless he is a man utd fan in disguise.

Bwuahahahaha cheesy grin

Timbros haba mana!!! Why you wan stylishly remove Ur name from our first touch ambassadors?

Oya we now have pamcode,timbros and nateevs in the list. Please,we need to have all their names for record purposes. Thank you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
afrodoc2:
10 goals! For a 70m CF who will be flanked by Hazard and Willian and not C.Ronaldo and Bale?
grin grin
This man sef. Ur own na to just come drop subtle jabs and then slip back into the shadows like a ninja...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
afrodoc2:

Then Hazard and co have to up their scoring game or be replaced. Depending on one star striker to do the bulk of the scoring is risky like when Zlatan came down with injuries? Or when your main striker is marked out.

Chelsea have deployed a method where the 3 guys have less defensive worries then they should pay back with goals across board or get sold

Thats why I keep hammering that every attacking player like Hazard have to be delivering high numbers of goals and assists not just forming activity all over the field

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
airmark:

We don buy first touch, na to look for who to add the second touch.

Timbros did, unless he is a man utd fan in disguise.

LOL...

So you actually took that comment as me attributing first touch to Morata?

In case you missed it, raumdeuter trolled Lukaku that his first touch was so bad that he landed in Man United instead of Chelsea. When we signed Morata, I made that comment to troll Man United.

And when I made that comment, 'first touch' have been flying around.

cc diggz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

you are not nice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
nateevs:

There's no need to make it look like we are trying to sacrifice goals for first touch. We are saying, without first touch, one guy may score a lot but collectively, less. We are saying..... with first touch, we want to score more goals, but collectively! It's as simple as ABC. Unless, as you have rightly admitted, there is an agenda. grin grin

Thank God we can check this very easily at the end of the season.

First touch increases collective goal output.

Wedehia! grin grin cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
Lana1:
grin grin
This man sef. Ur own na to just come drop subtle jabs and then slip back into the shadows like a ninja...

Bro i am just asking salient and germane questions ni, u know i no like wahala.
Questions like
1) Is omo alata a Conte signing or Emenalo signing. Let us know now before day break.

2) If omo alata scores 10 goals as the main striker where will the other goals come from?

These are the simple questions i have been asking my Chelsea brethren.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Then Hazard and co have to up their scoring game or be replaced. Depending on one star striker to do the bulk of the scoring is risky like when Zlatan came down with injuries? Or when your main striker is marked out.

Chelsea have deployed a method where the 3 guys have less defensive worries then they should pay back with goals across board or get sold

Thats why I keep hammering that every attacking player like Hazard have to be delivering high numbers of goals and assists not just forming activity all over the field

Up which game to where? Point to any of those names you just mentioned that have done average of 20goals consistently or for 3seasons in their entire career? No need to expect to eat fried rice when na beans we put for fire pls! Abi.....we will go buy Ronaldo,messi and co. for morata perform is primary/ single/sole duty?

See Bros....., is this not the fernanduds situation all over again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Hazard has it in him to step up. All he needs his Conte to reorientate him and help him shed his "hidden ikebe" and "stop-start" moves.
We all know Pedro's level, he won't become a goal machine overnight. Someone like Willian has been jobbing Chelsea fans for years, e no fit blow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
I want to troll Morata but so many people are already on the bandwagon to troll him and predict his failure. So this troll-Morata train is no longer fun

I am jumping on the other one. #Support-Morata, #Morata-live-Matter, #Mo-Rata-More-Goals, Morata4life

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Nobody said other players should not score. Hazard did last season and we benefited. Now shifting the burden to other players is the bigger gamble. Like you said if the striker is marked out, hazard and co can step in. What happens if hazard and co are marked out? Hazard delivered when costa had injuries in 2014/15 season. What we re saying is, strikers should be able to score more goals, cos the competition is tougher than before. If an injured hazard returns and is expected to up his goal tally, morata a 70m man should drop his, right?

We dont need a midfielder as striker, we are not real madrid with ronaldo. Even zidane benched him for benzema. To strike, means to hit, not to pamper.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
timbros:

LOL...

So you actually took that comment as me attributing first touch to Morata?

In case you missed it, raumdeuter trolled Lukaku that his first touch was so bad that he landed in Man United instead of Chelsea. When we signed Morata, I made that comment to troll Man United.

And when I made that comment, 'first touch' have been flying around.

cc diggz

Sorry bruv it is now too late to remove Ur name from our esteemed list of first touch ambassadors because we have announced your position in the list already. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:
I want to troll Morata but so many people are already on the bandwagon to troll him and predict his failure. So this troll-Morata train is no longer fun

I am jumping on the other one. #Support-Morata, #Morata-live-Matter, #Mo-Rata-More-Goals, Morata4life

Yeah you have a point. bandwagonism isn't fun.
#Omo alata pichichi, YEAH! (in howard dean's voice)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Meanwhile there is no bandwagon kankan aspa morata especially when you take a look at those that are not ok with him.

I,nihilist and airmark never wanted the dude.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
diggz:
Up which game to where? Point to any of those names you just mentioned that have done average of 20goals consistently or for 3seasons in their entire career? No need to expect to eat fried rice when na beans we put for fire pls! Abi.....we will go buy Ronaldo,messi and co. for morata perform is primary/ single/sole duty?

See Bros....., is this not the fernanduds situation all over again?

If Hidden Hazard cannot deliver more than Josh King number of goals then why is he the star man and highest earner? Primary and sole duty is subjective. Costa didn't top goal scorers chart last season even didn't make top 3 yet Chelsea won the league. Madrid won their league Benzema scored 11 goals.

Players like Willian need to contribute more than the usual 5-7 goals a season as attackers, Same with Hidden Hazard

There are players like Costa who can stand alone upfront and battle defenders on his own, create chances out of nothing and win games, If you cant find that type of man then you have to find others options of winning games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
That awkward moment at the end of the season when Morata wins golden boot and leaves me with egg on my face... grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
airmark:

Nobody said other players should not score. Hazard did last season and we benefited. Now shifting the burden to other players is the bigger gamble. Like you said if the striker is marked out, hazard and co can step in. What happens if hazard and co are marked out? Hazard delivered when costa had injuries in 2014/15 season. What we re saying is, strikers should be able to score more goals, cos the competition is tougher than before. If an injured hazard returns and is expected to up his goal tally, morata a 70m man should drop his, right?

We dont need a midfielder as striker, we are not real madrid with ronaldo. Even zidane benched him for benzema. To strike, means to hit, not to pamper.

You are the one who is being rigid in your analysis. You are trying to criticise the alternate viewpoint without full grasp of the underlying principles.

This is it. Because the whole concept of this is that in a fluid system, no one gets marked out. And that's where your analysis falls down.

Marking-out only happens when you play a system that is heavily reliant on a single outlet. In a fluid system, marking-out becomes redundant upon initiation because everyone utilises everyone else's attributes to be equally dangerous.

That's the whole point.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) ... (19677) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Noah13, Ibime(m), StarchAndBanga, Amethyst101(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.