Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,651 members, 7,979,198 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:22 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11322128 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) (3676) ... (20051) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
I need to learn efficient and effective excavation grin
Abeg who go put me through?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Money spent needs time. Thats why City or PSG havent won the CL thats why it took almost 10yrs of consistent spending for Chelsea to win the CL

If PSG and City also continue spending at current level for the next 5 years they will also win the CL

Its like saying because I have been overfeeding a skinny man last week, he should be fat already today. As a medical student if your patient comes to you with that question what will you tell him
Actual Man City have been spending over the past decade and have been to the semi finals ONCE.

Chelsea won it in the ninth year grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
afrodoc2:
b

Thanks for posting this. It shows I never rated Mourinho 5 levels below pep as some were trying to prove
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Actual Man City have been spending over the past decade and have been to the semi finals ONCE.

Chelsea won it in the ninth year grin

Wasteful spending like those done by Mark Hughes and Erickson in buying Elano Bojinov Robinho etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Thanks for posting this. It shows I never rated Mourinho 5 levels below pep as some were trying to prove
you are going to try and escape with this, aren't you grin grin

Ok, correct the error na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

You are welcome. Thanks for appreciating my support. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
I would rather go with bookmakers that use objective tools to come up with odds than plenty naive gamblers out there.
Then again what is the difference between united and city?

You didn't answer a question.
Is the difference between pep and Mourinho negligible?
VERY NEGLIGIBLE! Infact an invisible factor of no consequence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Dayo do you still think the difference between both sides isn't negligible?

Is the difference between Mourinho and pep negligible?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
I need to learn efficient and effective excavation grin
Abeg who go put me through?

Afrod..oc2,fu..nlord,raumd..euter,ibi..me,nihi..list can help you out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
Man city bought quality players and not fringe ones. Which one is unsettle and settle again. Mou bought Costa and Fab in his second year at Chelsea went on to win the league. It's only when a team bought fringe or young players that they will need time to settle not quality players like the ones pep and city bought. Man city bench consist of 50 mil pounds players and oh are telling me they need time to settle. Like for real?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Everywhere has gone quite shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mathys: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
E be like person wey dey hide my post and ban me head dey knack for ground..wtf!?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Everywhere has gone quite shocked
he is going to come back and wriggle out somehow. Never underestimate that man grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
hensben:
Man city bought quality players and not fringe ones. Which one is unsettle and settle again. Mou bought Costa and Fab in his second year at Chelsea went on to win the league. It's only when a team bought fringe or young players that they will need time to settle not quality players like the ones pep and city bought. Man city bench consist of 50 mil pounds players and oh are telling me they need time to settle. Like for real?

Of the first 11 that won Mourinho the league how many were new recruits
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
you are going to try and escape with this, aren't you grin grin

Ok, correct the error na.

Correct which error or escape what?

I have maintined my position ever since.

Both are top coaches very little difference between them, Man utd has a better squad, Mourinho inherited a better squad than Man utd
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 10d0ve(m): 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Pep has more titles and match victories than Mou since the year 2008 i do believe.

Scratch that, Pep Vs Mou Epl 2016/2017 Pep wins.

Squad

Aguero > Lukaku
G. Jesus > Rashford
Sane > Martial
Sterling >> Lingard (maybe it should be Sane here Sterling there, whatever)
Debruyne > Pobga
David Silva > Mhki

Bernando Silva < Mata

Matic > Fernandinho

Stones > Jones
Kompany > Smalling
Benjamy Mendy > Shaw + Darmain
Walker = Valencia

De Gea > Eduardo
Baily > Otamendi

You know the rest,
argue with your self!
Sane > Martial? Stones>Jones? (If ts about the hype) then going by that, we can assume Poorback>De bryune
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mathys: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Of the first 11 that won Mourinho the league how many were new recruits

How many of city new players or new recruits feature in a game at the same time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
I think man city is more established currently than Man United technically...
Mou just got to Man United and that means the player will be adapting to mou style of play, why pep has been there for more than one season..

This is not about the players, it's about the players adapting to the coach style of play, pep in this case has upper hand.. Especially when mou and van gaal use different techniques entirely
So we can say city is more settled USING this argument.

We have a lot of players who got settled as soon as they got to the club
Matic for example
Lukaku as it seems
Baily got settled

Talking about city

KDB
Mendy
Jesus
Played fantastically their first season

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
he is going to come back and wriggle out somehow. Never underestimate that man grin
Well he sure brings the entertainment here. Imagine if this room didnt have him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:

Man Utd has a better squad than City because the team is more settled while City just bought a bulk of their young players

Pep and Mourinho are top coaches and among the top 5 in Europe currently or in the past decade
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 10d0ve(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
Singapore1:
I think man city is more established currently than Man United technically...
Mou just got to Man United and that means the player will be adapting to mou style of play, why pep has been there for more than one season..

This is not about the players, it's about the players adapting to the coach style of play, pep in this case has upper hand.. Especially when mou and van gaal use different techniques entirely
So we can say city is more settled USING this argument.

We have a lot of players who got settled as soon as they got to the club
Matic for example
Lukaku as it seems
Baily got settled

Talking about cit

KDB
Mendy
Jesus
Played fantastically their first season
Both coaches arrived same season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
mathys:

How many of city new players or new recruits feature in a game at the same time?

In the Chelsea team that Mourinho won with, All back 4 of Ivanovic, Terry Cahill and Azpi were there before Mourinho. Hazard Oscar willian were there before Mourinho

Basically in the Mou team that won the league only Cortouis, Matic, Fab4 and Costa were new recruits.

At City almost the entire back 5 is new.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Man Utd has a better squad than City because the team is more settled while City just bought a bulk of their young players

Pep and Mourinho are top coaches and among the top 5 in Europe currently or in the past decade
So therefore Man City cant win either UCL or EPL this season?

I hope their new players won't turn out to be like kante or Alonso and they take plenty TIME to settle, so chelsea can win them. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mathys: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

In the Chelsea team that Mourinho won with, All back 4 of Ivanovic, Terry Cahill and Azpi were there before Mourinho. Hazard Oscar willian were there before Mourinho

Basically in the Mou team that won the league only Cortouis, Matic, Fab4 and Costa were new recruits.

Dayo...city plays with a back4 not back 8. Now mendy,stones,otamendi,walker can either start or danilo,otamendi,kompany(when fit),walker. Only two of the new defenders will need to feature at a time.

Jesus is settled already.same with sane. Tell us how many new players play at the same time dayo?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

ALMOST? SERIOUSLY! NAME THEM.

Almost should be more than half (atleast 3, 4 or more)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
mathys:

Dayo...city plays with a back4 not back 8. Now mendy,stones,otamendi,walker can either start or danilo,otamendi,kompany(when fit),walker. Only two of the new defenders will need to feature at a time.

Jesus is settled already.same with sane. Tell us how many new players play at the same time dayo?

a Back 5 means the keeper is included. Jesus joined in January no be so? Thats less than a year ago

Tell us their starting defence plus full back and keeper vs Liverpool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Amalinze grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
BlueAngel444:
ALMOST? SERIOUSLY! NAME THEM.

Almost should be more than half (atleast 3, 4 or more)

E.g vs Liverpool 2 weeks ago

Eduardo Danilo Mendy Walker and Stones. How many is that? If we remove Danilo due to rotation thats still 4 of the back 5

Any further question
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mathys: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

a Back 5 means the keeper is included. Jesus joined in January no be so?
if jesus joined in january he should be settled...abi he is yet to settle with all the goals wey hin don score?

Dayo tell us how many of the new players usual feature in a game for city?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

E.g vs Liverpool 2 weeks ago

Eduardo Danilo Mendy Walker and Stones. How many is that? If we remove Danilo due to rotation thats still 4 of the back 5
Edurado! sad Are you serious, you were counting a GK. Against liverpool 3 cbs and 2 wing back, what happened to Otumendi

(1) (2) (3) ... (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) (3676) ... (20051) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.