Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,968 members, 7,876,675 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10804716 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3790) (3791) (3792) (3793) (3794) (3795) (3796) ... (19519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
obainojazz:
The team with better tactics should win it.
and which team do u think gat better tactics?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Kane will never square pass to Ororo on demand sha cheesy
lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

The difference between Rooney and Ororo in 2004 Balon Dor was 11 votes pere

11 votes

in 2005 Ororo was number 20, Rooney no chart
in 2006 Ororo was number 14, Rooney no chart again

So between the ages of 18 and 21, Ronaldo was got more global awards for his football than Rooney. So how was Rooney better than him? cheesy

Hahahaha
Clutching at straws so bad you must have a clutch gene.
In 2004 when Rooney was in top 10 of balon d'or and Ronaldo was not was Ronaldo better than Rooney and not in his league?

The same year Rooney was in Euro 2004 team of the tournament along with Ronaldo.

The same year Rooney won the Golden Boy award AHEAD of Ronaldo.

Your argument that they were not in the same league is the wack one.

In 2004 when they were both teenagers (though Rooney was half a year younger ) Rooney was the better player.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

Hahahaha
Clutching at straws so bad you must have a clutch gene.
In 2004 when Rooney was in top 10 of balon d'or and Ronaldo was not was Ronaldo better than Rooney and not in his league?

Saying Top 10 is making sound more prestigious than it is.

Rooney had 11 more votes than Ronaldo.

Thats the context of the vote. Only 11 more people thought Rooney was better. In statistical terms that's almost inconsequential

The same year Rooney won the Golden Boy award AHEAD of Ronaldo.

Golden boy award is an inconsequential award by given by Journalists to a player in Europe only. I'm arguing that Rooney was a media hype job, and your proof against this is presenting an award given by the media? Good job mate. cheesy

Anyway, while Rooney was collecting his media hype vote limited to Europe only, Ronaldo was busy being voted the best young player in the world by a commitee of over 65,000 professional footballers. I know which award sounds more credible to me.

Your argument at the very best, should be that Rooney had a more or less equal 2004 to Ronaldo, and that would require me to be generous in the extreme for me to give that a pass.

Rooney has never come close to Ronaldo since that one good year. Never again. Automatically making this statement fallacious

afrodoc2:

18 year old Rooney was better than 18 year old C.Ronaldo.

L. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Saying Top 10 is making sound more prestigious than it is.

Rooney had 11 more votes than Ronaldo.

Thats the context of the vote. Only 11 more people thought Rooney was better. In statistical terms that's almost inconsequential

Golden boy award is an inconsequential award by given by Journalists to a player in Europe only. I'm arguing that Rooney was a media hype job, and your proof against this is presenting an award given by the media? Good job mate. cheesy

Anyway, while Rooney was collecting his media hype vote limited to Europe only, Ronaldo was busy being voted the best young player in the world by a commitee of over 65,000 professional footballers. I know which award sounds more credible to me.

Your argument at the very best, should be that Rooney had a more or less equal 2004 to Ronaldo, and that would require me to be generous in the extreme for me to give that a pass.

Rooney has never come close to Ronaldo since that one good year. Never again. Automatically making this statement fallacious

L. cheesy

All the awards Ronaldo won, Rooney also won.

However the goals Rooney scored Ronaldo could not. Rooney scored a hat trick on his debut but Ronaldo fired blanks for his first 3 seasons in Europe.......but you blame the media cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Meanwhile I see how you low key added awards Ronaldo won at 21 when the debate was their teenage years. Weh done sir!

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

All the awards Ronaldo won, Rooney also won.

However the goals Rooney scored Ronaldo could not. Rooney scored a hat trick on his debut but Ronaldo fired blanks for his first 3 seasons in Europe.......but you blame the media cheesy

nope.

i don't blame the media for Ronaldo not scoring in an era when Wingers did generally score too many goals.

I blame the media for selling you a scam. Ronaldo played 6 years or so with Rooney the hattrick man, yet Ororo was voted fans player of the year 3 times to Rooney's 1 in that period.

My amiable doc, and co-commentator. Let us leave it here. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
okocha> ronaldo and rooney. grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
afrodoc2:
Meanwhile I see how you low key added awards Ronaldo won at 21 when the debate was their teenage years. Weh done sir!

Onus was on you to prove your asssertion that Rooney was better as a teenager. You failed to do so. I helped you expand the dragnet an extra 2 years cheesy

I've helped you pack your L inside cooler sir. E ba mi ki awon ara ile o cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

nope.

i don't blame the media for Ronaldo not scoring in an era when Wingers did generally score too many goals.

I blame the media for selling you a scam. Ronaldo played 6 years or so with Rooney the hattrick man, yet Ororo was voted fans player of the year 3 times to Rooney's 1 in that period.

My amiable doc, and co-commentator. Let us leave it here. cheesy

Ronaldo did not score few goals, he scored 0.
For multiple seasons lol.
The scam is your saying they were not in the same league.
The bigger scam is your trying to spin d debate. Did they play for 6 years together as teenagers ?

The only year they played together as teeenagers Rooney packed all the awards.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

The only year they played together as teeenagers Rooney packed all the media and hype awards.
Ororo won FA Cup, played in Euro finals, got voted Manyoo and World best young player, and charted on Balon dor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Onus was on you to prove your asssertion that Rooney was better as a teenager. You failed to do so. I helped you expand the dragnet an extra 2 years cheesy

I've helped you pack your L inside cooler sir. E ba mi ki awon ara ile o cheesy

Lol Rooney was better when they were teenagers from the awards given while they were teenagers
The onus was on you to prove Rooney was not in Ronaldo's league instead you started reciting awards Rooney also won and counting votes like an INEC official.
Your L is in the mail courtesy Cobhams delivery.
Unwrap it and hang it in your car with pride cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmGee: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Izuogu1:
This is tough. South America vs Europe. Who wins?
Carvajal should replace walker.
What is a walker?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Ororo won FA Cup, played in Euro finals, got voted Manyoo and World best young player, and charted on Balon dor

Rooney charted on balon d'or as a teenager ahead of Ronaldo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

Lol Rooney was better when they were teenagers from the awards given while they were teenagers
The onus was on you to prove Rooney was not in Ronaldo's league instead you started reciting awards Rooney also won and counting votes like an INEC official.
Your L is in the mail courtesy Cobhams delivery.
Unwrap it and hang it in your car with pride cheesy

Onus can never be on me because I didn't make the assertion that Rooney was better than Ronaldo. You did.

I was able to disprove your assertion though with brilliant submission(as coogar of blessed memory would say)

You have always been one of the most respected men on this side of the forum. I will take this L on your behalf like Messi did for his egbon Sneijder in 2010. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Onus can never be on me because I didn't make the assertion that Rooney was better than Ronaldo. You did.

I was able to disprove your assertion though with brilliant submission(as coogar of blessed memory would say)

You have always been one of the most respected men on this side of the forum. I will take this L on your behalf like Messi did for his egbon Sneijder in 2010. cheesy

I proved it. I can't force you to accept it. smiley

Rooney 3 goals in 1st champions league match at 18-19
Ronaldo 0 goals in first 3 years in Europe until 20. It's the English press

Rooney top 10 in Balon d'or at 19. Ronaldo 8 months older but outside the top 10.
You turned INEC official smiley. Counting votes like Jega.

Rooney Golden Boy award at 19.
Ronaldo no award....it's the WORLD media.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
Izuogu1:
Really? why do u think so?
enuf warfare
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
Counting votes like jega....lol

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:57am On Oct 06, 2017
PietroRico:
wetin hazard dey do there?
Una don see Hazard finish. Who suppose dey there? Martial abi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2017
afrodoc2:

I proved it. I can't force you to accept it. smiley

Rooney 3 goals in 1st champions league match at 18-19
Ronaldo 0 goals in first 3 years in Europe until 20. It's the English press

Rooney top 10 in Balon d'or at 19. Ronaldo 8 months older but outside the top 10.
You turned INEC official smiley. Counting votes like Jega.

Rooney Golden Boy award at 19.
Ronaldo no award....it's the WORLD media.
I believe if Rooney had gone to either barca or Madrid he would have won world best at least Twice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 7:50am On Oct 06, 2017
Someone has been watching too much Skip Bayless. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2017
hoopLA:

Skip? lol, who has? and why do u say that?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2017
Can't send Alvaro Morata to the famous human placenta witch,Marijana Kovacevic?
Batshuayi no b am abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2017
hoopLA:

. . ."Clutch gene" . . .

grin

I saw what you did there.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Best big game performers when it comes to this generation in no order: -Drogba -Robben -Messi -Ronaldo -Ramos -Iniesta -Modric
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2017
Unlimited22:
Can't send Alvaro Morata to the famous human placenta witch,Marijana Kovacevic?
Batshuayi no b am abeg.

Morata may be available for palace game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Best big game performers when it comes to this generation in no order: -Drogba -Robben -Messi -Ronaldo -Ramos -Iniesta -Modric
What is modric doing here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2017
[quote author=Neymar1095 post=61153658] What is modric doing
Who would you have in place of him?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2017
[quote author=Elnino4ladies post=61153695][/quote]

Just read my Neymar.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2017
[quote author=Neymar1095 post=61153747]

Just read my Neymar. [/quote

I thought as much.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2017
[quote author=Neymar1095 post=61153747]

Just read my Neymar. [/quote

I thought as much.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
Chelseafan1

(1) (2) (3) ... (3790) (3791) (3792) (3793) (3794) (3795) (3796) ... (19519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolaa, madrid5, nateevs(m), kingofcasting(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.