Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10799369 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) (5668) (5669) (5670) ... (19504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:37am On Jul 18, 2018
diadem10:

Created many chances? You mean by cutting back after being released on the counter by Pogba? Lol.

Dey there dey ask yeye question on why Lemar had less than stellar season for a depleted Monaco side. You go see the answer in your dream. I wan sleep.
MUGU-ruza so the back heel Mbappe used to serve Giroud a chance on a plate vs Belgium it was Pogba that released him on the counter abi? Oniranu

I will be waiting for you to come and explain why Rony Lopes and Keita Balde outperformed Lemar in that depleted Monaco team. Excuse merchant

diadem10:

Muller was quicker than now. He's lost that bit of acceleration, only a clueless person would say otherwise.
And nope, Rooney was never our best player in any of our title win. Nani, Cr7, Rvp were. Yeye.
You have gone from speed to acceleration, small time you go soon begin talk of velocity. Confused human being! Only a complete numpty would mention speed and Mueller in the same sentence cos Mueller has never been quick to the point where a drop in acceleration or speed would possibly hurt his game.

Who said Rooney was your best player in your league title win? I don't see how simple English keeps flying over your head! Can you disprove that Rooney delivered when asked to lead the line?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:
In 2006, World record transfer was £50m for Zidane from 2001. No one will think to bid £40m then for Owen, but 18 year old Messi was receiving bid of €150m.

There is difference between exciting talent and phenomenom please.
That Barca director is lieing out of his ass...nobody would bid 100m+ for Messi then
Infact I can't think of any big club that would be interested in him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:47am On Jul 18, 2018
Vanquay:

That Barca director is lieing out of his ass...nobody would bid 100m+ for Messi then

Wasn't impossible.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Vanquay:

Is the Intermilan owner lying as well?

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/09/moratti-inter-sign-messi-unfair-barcelona/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:00am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:

You have gone from speed to acceleration, small time you go soon begin talk of velocity. Confused human being! Only a complete numpty would mention speed and Mueller in the same sentence cos Mueller has never been quick to the point where a drop in acceleration or speed would possibly hurt his game.

Both of una fit unaself, but the highlighted is very wrong. Kanu for example, despite his style at his peak in arsenal, was swifter than the one that played for Portsmouth in 2011/2012. All footballers lose their quickness later, which affects their quality. Muller's is shocking considering his age, unless you just want to deliberately lie. Against madrid in the ucl, it was evident. At the world cup, it was confirmed he has lost it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:07am On Jul 18, 2018
diadem10:

What's this one saying sef? When did Lemar ever become part of Deschamps' worldcup plan? Deschamps that set off with a front trio of Mbappe, Griez and Dembele, only to realise Griez looked shite in such setup. In fact, Dembele was the best player in that set-up but was quite wasteful infront of goal hence had to be dropped.

And I repeat, as long as Deschamp set up with Monaco's tactic, Mbappe and Lemar were competing for the same role.

Also, do I need to remind you Neymar had a long injury lay off? In fact, Neymar's form at the worldcup is an example of a player coming into his previous form after a dip unlike Mbappe who got found out for a possession team only to wake up for a counter attacking team that suits his average technique + pace merchant skill. Drop mic.
You must be a comedian to think a Giroud loyalist like Deschamps would go into the World cup without Giroud. Giroud's shirt in that team was sacrosanct as even a newborn baby knows Griezmann is not comfortable with leading the line on his own so don't come here feeling like Christopher Columbus or Mungo Park.

Mbappe and Lemar were never in direct competition, no matter how many times you repeat this lie my guy it will not stick. Lemar's poor form, Dembele's poor attitude and form is what kept them out of the lineup

Lemar with his supreme technique: 3 goals + 8 assists
Mbappe with average technique: 21 goals + 11 assists.

Elegbe mo egbe e
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:32am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

Both of una fit unaself, but the highlighted is very wrong. Kanu for example, despite his style at his peak in arsenal, was swifter than the one that played for Portsmouth in 2011/2012. All footballers lose their quickness later, which affects their quality. Muller's is shocking considering his age, unless you just want to deliberately lie. Against madrid in the ucl, it was evident. At the world cup, it was confirmed he has lost it.
Lmaooo your example is a 36 year old Kanu (football age) experiencing football rigor mortis. Don't confuse the complete lack of ability to compete at elite league level to a loss of speed. Its like you telling me Berbatov or Mario Gomez has lost his quickness. Does that make any kind of sense?

Mueller's problem is not a lack of speed! What he has lost is his positioning and spatial awareness, his failure to improve his technique, poor outside shooting among some other flaws

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:44am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
Lmaooo your example is a 36 year old Kanu (football age) experiencing football rigor mortis. Don't confuse the complete lack of ability to compete at elite league level to a loss of speed. Its like you telling me Berbatov or Mario Gomez has lost his quickness. Does that make any kind of sense?

Mueller's problem is not a lack of speed! What he has lost is his positioning and spatial awareness, his failure to improve his technique, poor outside shooting among some other flaws

He is not as swift with the ball as the Muller of 4 years ago. It has nothing to do with positioning. I just used Kanu's example to tell you that a player not known for his speed could still get his quality degraded, when the swiftness in his game dwindles. Rooney didn't reach 36 before his game dropped and couldn't play his role on the field like before.

Does Muller live in a brothel or spend his life outside the pitch in a beer parlour?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:03am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

He is not as swift with the ball as the Muller of 4 years ago. It has nothing to do with positioning. I just used Kanu's example to tell you that a player not known for his speed could still get his quality degraded, when the swiftness in his game dwindles. Rooney didn't reach 36 before his game dropped and couldn't play his role on the field like before.

Does Muller live in a brothel or spend his life outside the pitch in a beer parlour?
Again Mueller's game has never been predicated on speed, speed of thought yes but not actual physical speed! Check his goals and I bet you less than 10% would require any form of speed

Quit using extreme old age examples to present an argument. Kanu's decline had nothing to do with speed! The muhfugga just got old! And that's why I countered with the Berbatov example

Do you know how long Rooney has been playing? You are waiting for a guy who has been playing professional football since age 16 to get to age 36 before showing signs of decline? Get real! Not everybody can be a machine like Ronaldo.

Few players drop more than 5 seasons of consistent excellence without a drop, Mueller has been balling since 2009-2010 it's not beans baba

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:13am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
Again Mueller's game has never been predicated on speed, speed of thought yes but not actual physical speed! Check his goals and I bet you less than 10% would require any form of speed

Quit using extreme old age examples to present an argument. Kanu's decline had nothing to do with speed! The muhfugga just got old! And that's why I countered with the Berbatov example

Do you know how long Rooney has been playing? You are waiting for a guy who has been playing professional football since age 16 to get to age 36 before showing signs of decline? Get real! Not everybody can be a machine like Ronaldo.

Few players drop more than 5 seasons of consistent excellence without a drop, Mueller has been balling since 2009-2010 it's not beans baba

Nobody said Muller hasn't tried, the point is, he has declined in his swiftness on the ball, which you refused to accept.

Balling since 2009-2010 is impressive but that's not unheard of. Modric just won the best player award in Russia at 32. I know you know how long he has been doing his thing at the top.

I am not taking anything away from Muller, i still believe he can return to his peak. When you see a spade, call it its name. Everything shouldn't be turned to an argument.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:29am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

Nobody said Muller hasn't tried, the point is, he has declined in his swiftness on the ball, which you refused to accept.

Balling since 2009-2010 is impressive but that's not unheard of. Modric just won the best player award in Russia at 32. I know you know how long he has been doing his thing at the top. I am not taking anything away from Muller, i still believe he can still return to his peak. When you see a spade, call it its name.
What does it matter if a non-dribbler like Mueller loses his swiftness on the ball? People are usually more scared of Mueller without the ball by default

I have highlighted the reasons for Mueller's struggles in my post and they have nothing to do with pace. Mueller's strengths were never physical or athletic and if it were based on natural gifts then Mueller would never have made it as a footballer

For every Modric I could give you 10 midfielders two years older or younger that have faded to oblivion within similar timeframe. Besides its not like he didn't have seasons of struggle within the decade. Modric is an exception not a norm

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:36am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
What does it matter if a non-dribbler like Mueller loses his swiftness on the ball? People are usually more scared of Mueller without the ball by default

I have highlighted the reasons for Mueller's struggles in my post and they have nothing to do with pace

For every Modric I could give you 10 midfielders two years older or younger that have faded to oblivion within similar timeframe. Besides its not like he didn't have seasons of struggle within similar timeframe

You mentioned positioning as one of his issues. I don't want to go into details of how loss of swiftness can affect your off the ball movements/positioning. You can easily figure it out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:42am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

You mentioned positioning as one of his issues. I don't want to go into details of how loss of swiftness can affect your off the ball movements/positioning. You can easily figure it out.
That is not related to speed my guy. You don't need any kind of elite speed or swiftness to possess elite positioning skills. Its why the best defenders are not necessarily the quickest, I can go on and on even into other sports
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:57am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
That is not related to speed my guy. You don't need any kind of elite speed or swiftness to possess elite positioning skills. Its why the best defenders are not necessarily the quickest, I can go on and on even into other sports

You must be joking. Because the camera with the control, most times focused mainly on the man with the ball on your tv screen, you wouldn't know the runs made by other attackers to get into scoring positions. It's obvious you never played football.

See how Muller got himself into this scoring position and tell me he didn't need pace. He doesn't do this like before again.

Continue arguing with diadem, i'm outta here.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:26am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

See how Muller got himself into this scoring position and tell me he didn't need pace. He doesn't do this like before again.

I've always thought Muller good pace especially for a CAM. . . at least according to what my eyes have always noticed.

I always doubt myself when I see our Nairaland Bayern boys claiming he has no pace or physicality. Since they watch him each week, I would be inclined to believe them and start to doubt my own eyes. My eye must be paining me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:30am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

You must be joking. Because the camera with the control, most times focused mainly on the man with the ball on your tv screen, you wouldn't know the runs made by other attackers to get into scoring positions. It's obvious you never played football.

Continue arguing with diadem, outta here.

Stop arguing like an eediot. I can show you clips of Oezil also bursting forward on counters to claim he has pace. What is this clown saying? To further buttress my point that Mueller rarely relied on speed you had to go all the way back to 2010. After I told you barely 10% of Mueller's goals required speed, your gif was why I put that line in my post so the joke's on you if you think you dropped some form of bombshell

Mueller doesn't do that because that was a counter-attacking move, based on your gif Mueller's goals should have dried up long time ago, because Bayern and Germany stopped playing on the counter long ago! 2010 was the last major tournament Loew played counter-attacking footie but did it stop Mueller from scoring? No! So FOH with this ebola analysis

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:41am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:

I've always thought Muller good pace especially for a CAM. . . at least according to what my eyes have always noticed.

I always doubt myself when I see our Nairaland Bayern boys claiming he has no pace or physicality. Since they watch him each week, I would be inclined to believe them and start to doubt my own eyes. My eye must be paining me.
Speed is relative. Would you play Mueller on your wings just on the back of that gif? Nobody describes Mueller as slow but if we could compile a list of top 20 quickest forwards would Mueller be there? Even in his adjudged prime
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:49am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
Speed is relative. Would you play Mueller on your wings just on the back of that gif? Nobody describes Mueller as slow but if we could compile a list of top 20 quickest forwards would Mueller be there? Even in his adjudged prime

Winger is not his primary position. Compared to other CAMS, he should be in the top 10% for pace.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:50am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:

Forget all those ninnies on that thread. Most of the time i would just read their comments, laughed and let it slide. Muller had a very decent pace, very sharp reflex, especially inside the box to attack the ball.

Imagine despite showing this ajakaja, a gif showing Muller's pace, he wouldn't stop arguing blindly. If one wants to be bursting their claims everyday, one will not do anything else outside nairaland.

Diadem10 should come and continue. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:11am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:

Winger is not his primary position. Compared to other CAMS, he should be in the top 10% for pace.
Mueller is more SS than CAM. For the national team he is almost exclusively on the right wing or at CF so I definitely would not lump him with CAMs. Mueller is a forward whether we like it or not

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:20am On Jul 18, 2018
Loool I wish this Apoche cra cra would! Lets open Pandora's box and revisit all your goofs like how all DMs are deep lying playmakers and how you saw Xavi at RB in Nigeria 99.

Mueller's game does not rely on speed invariably means Mueller is slow according to this semiliterate

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:21am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:

Ask the mumu arguing blindly to watch most of Muller's goals and check the pattern - run into scoring positions, to score. His swiftness has reduced now compared to what he had years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wEtvnVp7tI
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:26am On Jul 18, 2018
If we ask the asinwin to show us the speed Mueller utilized to score 5 goals at the last World Cup he would start speaking in tongues

Swift ko Spectranet ni! Almost all the goals bore a common theme. Positional awareness and ability to sense danger. Not pace and not speed! There are many players quicker than Mueller who can never score those type of goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:42am On Jul 18, 2018
Dayo needs to inform this former arsenal ajakaja40 fan, what 'raumdeuter' truely means, as defined by Muller himself. He doesn't dribble into space, he runs into it, banging in goals or delivering assists.

Years ago

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Phool!! Shut up with your google definition you smelly he-goat! everybody knows what R@umdeuter means

Mueller's game is not predicated on speed or pace!!! This does not mean he's a sloth. Even for your mumu gif you can see Mueller don move even before the ball had hit the chest of the teammate. Intelligent plays like that are what defined Mueller not speed

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:

Is the Intermilan owner lying as well?

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/09/moratti-inter-sign-messi-unfair-barcelona/

That article makes no mention of an official bid. It's just a bunch of could have, would have, should have...If someone wants to break the Transfer record was it Inter Milan on an 18yr old...That man was referring to a younger Messi not the 18/19yr old tearing up La Liga...here's your guy talking. It's clear there was never a real official bid...once again the Barca director is lieing out of his ass like the typical barcabot.

"There was a time when we discussed his signing but he was brought up by Barcelona and it would have been very bad to sign him without involving them."

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2018
raumdeuter:

Only a reetard will expect the same output from a winger as with a striker that Owen is

Maybe wikipedia didnt tell you that owen was a winger

Then you must be the biggest retard on this forum.

You are now making excuses for messi as a winger in a 4-3-3 formation but you kept calling hazard an attacker in the same 4-3-3 set up at chelsea even before Conte change it to 3-5-2.

You see y your post on hazard always reek of double standard?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:55am On Jul 18, 2018
airmark:

I thought he was added as a goal keeper.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2018
Unlimited22:

Which back did they back Conte?
You'd better be praying Sarri isn't backed the way Conte was or you'll be calling for his head by November.

He wasn't backed yet none of the board members questioned his decision to axe Diego costa from the team and sign morata as replacement.

Abeg wetin be the meaning of been backed again?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:15am On Jul 18, 2018
Ibime:

Messi was 19 when he did this. Them no born that youth corper Melvyn11 well to dey comment on things he never witnessed.

You can see Eidur Gudjohnsen holding his head in disbelief at the bottom of the screen.

We know the one who will tell us is an unproductive shakushaku dance if we show similar video of hazard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diadem10: 8:54am On Jul 18, 2018
A40:

MUGU-ruza so the back heel Mbappe used to serve Giroud a chance on a plate vs Belgium it was Pogba that released him on the counter abi? Oniranu

I will be waiting for you to come and explain why Rony Lopes and Keita Balde outperformed Lemar in that depleted Monaco team. Excuse merchant

Who said Rooney was your best player in your league title win? I don't see how simple English keeps flying over your head! Can you disprove that Rooney delivered when asked to lead the line?

Only a clueless man such as yourself would say Lopes and Balde had a better season than Lemar. No Monaco fan would utter such shite. Lemar was the creative fulcrum of the team, creating the most chances as well as forcing issue with the ball when no one wanted the ball in tight space due to their shite touches but as we all know there's only little he can do without any support. Maybe if he had others creating for him like he was doing for Monaco, he would have scored more.

We all should more worried about Mbappe looking abject in front of a worldclass midfield behind him at Psg, only to find form for a counter attacking kick and run mediocre style that fits his mediocrity. Goodluck to him expecting such mediocre style at Madrid. Yeye.

Also, everyone who watched the worldcup with no defect eyes knows Mbappe's constant quick counter was dependent on Pogba's long passes from the midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2018
Vanquay:

That article makes no mention of an official bid. It's just a bunch of could have, would have, should have...If someone wants to break the Transfer record was it Inter Milan on an 18yr old...That man was referring to a younger Messi not the 18/19yr old tearing up La Liga...here's your guy talking. It's clear there was never a real official bid...once again the Barca director is lieing out of his ass like the typical barcabot.

"There was a time when we discussed his signing but he was brought up by Barcelona and it would have been very bad to sign him without involving them."

The point in bold corroborates Barca President story that they came close to losing him when Inter wanted to activate his release clause of $150m. . . and he had to convince Messi and his dad to stay, then subsequently upped the release clause to 250m.

Intermilan do not have to involve Barca as they are paying the release clause amount.They only only need to talk with the player.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) (5668) (5669) (5670) ... (19504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolaa and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.