Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,700 members, 7,889,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10870099 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7163) (7164) (7165) (7166) (7167) (7168) (7169) ... (19622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:58pm On May 01, 2019
RoyalBlak007:

But for you to attack

You need to get ahold of the ball first

Ajax keeps possession better.

They do Keep it slightly better however this is Tottenham we are talking about. It's not like they are rubbish at keeping possesion either mind you. I have full confidence in Poch and the Lads.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:00pm On May 01, 2019
Ibime:

Guy why you wicked like this na?

Meanwhile, these Ajax teenagers dey kpokpos Spuds anyhow. I was not taking them serious before. I'm falling in love with Ajax again, na them be my first European club during Kanu and Finidi era.

I must give credit to the technical team. Ten Hag and his crew are reworking the tenets of Cruyff’s philosophy and it is just awesome.

Away from footie, what is your take on the case of Semenya and IAAF?

Shouldn't Caster Semenya's physical abilities be celebrated the same way as Usain Bolt's height and Michael Phelps' wingspan are?

IAAF will tell you they're protecting the integrity of sports, but man this whole thing reek of discrimination.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2019
A40:
Lol this is Tottenham we are talking about here. They would be lucky to escape with a draw.

Ajax actually took their foot off the pedal in the second half. After watching their games against Madrid and especially the second half against Juve men I'm sorry but barring an early red card Tottenham don't have a prayer

Brother this Team is different and they proved it against City the last time around. As far Son is available, this Group of players should be full of confidence going into the next game at the Cruijff Arena.

I watched the Game vs Madrid and atlhough they were the better side over the two legs, Madrid definitely had their chances. If they had taken them, who knows what might have been. Remember this is not the NBA where generally the better team wins. This is a different Ball game altogether. A Game of "Who Can clinically take their chances when it present itself" not "Who the better Side is".

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

I must give credit to the technical team. Ten Hag and his crew are reworking the tenets of Cruyff’s philosophy and it is just awesome.

Shouldn't Caster Semenya's physical abilities be celebrated the same way as Usain Bolt's height and Michael Phelps' wingspan are?

IAAF will tell you they're protecting the integrity of sports, but man this whole thing reek of discrimination.
its total rubbish. Her manly traits that she has now turned into blessing for herself is now a crime.

This women advantage of a thing dey weak me, equal rights for woman too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

odizeey:
its total rubbish. Her manly traits that she has now turned into blessing for herself is now a crime.

This women advantage of a thing dey weak me, equal rights for woman too?

Semenya's is biological while Bolt and Phelps have physical traits. Bolts height, Phelps wingspan can be considered natural physical attributes that do not jeopardize fairness in sports when compared to an abnormal genetic disorder where a woman produces high levels of testosterone and still competes with other women who do not have that advantage.

I am leaning with the IAAF in this case. The basic question here is, will her DSD give her an unfair advantage over other female athletes during competitions? If yes, then, the IAAF has made the correct decision. As men, we all know the relevance of high testosterone levels especially in the development of strength and muscle mass.

For the sake of fairness to Semenya, I hope the process of reducing her testosterone levels before international competitions will keep her in compliance and not break the drug testing policies and procedures of the IAAF. The process has to be clear and open.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:38pm On May 01, 2019
Roland17:

Semenya's is biological while Bolt and Phelps have physical traits. Bolts height, Phelps wingspan can be considered natural physical attributes that do not jeopardize fairness in sports when compared to an abnormal genetic disorder where a woman produces high levels of testosterone and still competes with other women who do not have that advantage.

I am leaning with the IAAF in this case. The basic question here is, does her DSD give her an unfair advantage over other female athletes during competitions? If yes, then the IAAF have made the correct decision. As men, we all know the relevance of high testosterone level especially in the development of strength and muscle mass.

For the sake of fairness to Semenya, I hope the process of reducing her testosterone levels before international competitions will keep her in compliance and not break the drug testing policies and procedures of the IAAF.

Will there be an official testosterone level to compete in female or male sport?

If a male is found to have too low of these, can he be sent to the female event?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 5:41pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:
Who else noticed Wanyama getting sodomized yesterday until they brought in Sissoko in to bail him out

Poch tactics was wrong... he openly accepted that. no way Wanyama would cope against the rampaging Ajax boys
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:50pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Will there be an official testosterone level to compete in female or male sport?

If a male is found to have too low of these, can he be sent to the female event?

I believe the IAAF has already determined testosterone levels for women in their competitions (not sure where I read that in the past) because don't forget that in addition to estrogen (primary hormone), women also produce low levels of testosterone.

See the excerpts below for IAAF's argument which is logical.
"However during the five-day hearing last month, the IAAF maintained that its policy was solely about creating a level playing field for all woman so that success was based on talent and hard work. A key part of its case was that more than 99% of females have around 0.12-1.79 nmol/L of testosterone in their bodies – while DSDs like Semenya are in the male range of 7.7-29.4 nmol/L."
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/01/caster-semenya-loses-landmark-legal-case-iaaf-athletics

Low testosterone levels in men competing against men do not jeopardize fairness because it is the dominant hormone produced by a man in comparison to a woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2019
Roland17:

I am leaning with the IAAF in this case. The basic question here is, will her DSD give her an unfair advantage over other female athletes during competitions? If yes, then, the IAAF has made the correct decision. As men, we all know the relevance of high testosterone levels especially in the development of strength and muscle mass.

For the sake of fairness to Semenya, I hope the process of reducing her testosterone levels before international competitions will keep her in compliance and not break the drug testing policies and procedures of the IAAF. The process has to be clear and open.

I find it entirely absurd to penalise her for no other reason than the biological traits that she was born with.

It is an edge for her, an advantage. She has not cheated, or found to be taking performance-enhancing drugs. Her high level of testosterone is what defines her and that has to be respected.

Compelling her to resort to medical interventions before competing is a tad crazy. This is my POV anyway.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Great questions. Like how are we sure Semenya isn't getting disadvantaged.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:01pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

I find it entirely absurd to penalise her for no other reason than the biological traits that she was born with.

It is an edge for her, an advantage. She has not cheated, or found to be taking performance-enhancing drugs. Her high level of testosterone is what defines her and that has to be respected.

Compelling her to resort to medical interventions before competing is a tad crazy. This is my POV anyway.

I don't disagree with your point of view especially because it is no fault of hers. However, this is about promoting a level playing field for everyone in the competition and the process for inclusion is available. I just ask the IAAF to be very clear and open about the process.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

Great questions. Like how are we sure Semenya isn't getting disadvantaged.

More like, is she getting an undue advantage? Read my response to Dayo's questions and pay close attention to the embolden.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2019
chic2pimp:

Brother this Team is different and they proved it against City the last time around. As far Son is available, this Group of players should be full of confidence going into the next game at the Cruijff Arena.
No be the same Tottenham I watch against West Ham? Hiann!!

They were very lucky vs City. If say that ref add 2 more minutes City for score again. Pep lo go ara e. They had no business losing to Spurs

chic2pimp:

I watched the Game vs Madrid and atlhough they were the better side over the two legs, Madrid definitely had their chances. If they had taken them, who knows what might have been. Remember this is not the NBA where generally the better team wins. This is a different Ball game altogether. A Game of "Who Can clinically take their chances when it present itself" not "Who the better Side is".
Lol Madrid no even get case. Ajax should have won home and away if not for that wayo ref in the first leg that cancelled a legit goal. I was guilty of underrating that Ajax side when they faced us in the group stage but when you go unbeaten in six matches vs Bayern, Juve and Madrid then you're a team to be feared.

Upsets can happen in football but this Tottenham wey I dey see go chop am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2019
Roland17:

I don't disagree with your point of view especially because it is no fault of hers. However, this is about promoting a level playing field for everyone in the competition and the process for inclusion is available. I just ask the IAAF to be very clear and open about the process.

Do you really think a measure of this sort would have been considered if Semanya were white?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2019
Roland17:

Read my response to Dayo's questions and pay close attention to the embolden.

cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:10pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

Do you really think a measure of this sort would have been considered if Semanya were white?

I would hope so, however, when you argue with the lenses of discrimination, you may lose the facts and the logic behind the case. You have to understand that this is uncharted waters for the IAAF because I don't think any female athlete in the history of the IAAF has tested these high levels of testosterone before.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

cool cool cool

Thanks baba.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:15pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Lol the emphasis is on taking away an unfair advantage biologically. Whether we like it or not a woman competing with higher testosterone levels will always have the edge over fellow women
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

Lol don't play this race card. The rules are pretty clear on these things
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:24pm On May 01, 2019
A40:
Lol don't play this race card. The rules are pretty clear on these things

Lol. I can't help it. The lady don confess say no be today IAAF begin target her.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:37pm On May 01, 2019
A40:
Lol the emphasis is on taking away an unfair advantage biologically. Whether we like it or not a woman competing with higher testosterone levels will always have the edge over fellow women

What happens if a man has a high level of oestrogen? Does he play with the ladies?

I am thinking that when we start defining what gender is or should be beyond the features born with then it becomes a slippery slope

To me, a woman is anyone who was born female should compete in that gender sport the same with men. The gender at birth is the rule. All these modifications and attempt to rewrite nature will cause issues.

Its the same type of argument some female tennis players tried to use against the Williams sisters, that they were more masculine than say Justine Henin. Soon it will extend to hairy women, women over 6ft, baritone women

Some effeminate men can also argue that physically strong, very tall, well built, thick baritone voice men have an advantage over them. So extremely tall, muscular strong men should be disqualified from competing with others

All men are not born the same way, the same thing all women are not born the same way.

So with Semenya now, does she go to compete with men?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2019
Griffon:

Lol. I can't help it. The lady don confess say no be today IAAF begin target her.
This ruling will apply to any woman with elevated levels of testosterone not just Caster. Let's be sincere and put the shoe on the other foot.

I understand that people might view her as a target but we are talking triple almost quadruple the normal levels of testosterone of her fellow competitors. It might be a natural edge but in a sport such as this it is simply not a fair one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neimar: 6:42pm On May 01, 2019
the ugly bitch is getting banned

am loving it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:44pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

What happens if a man has a high level of oestrogen? Does he play with the ladies?

I am thinking that when we start defining what gender is or should be beyond the features born with then it becomes a slippery slope

To me, a woman is anyone who was born female and can get pregnant naturally the same with men and should compete in their gender sport

Its the same type of argument some female tennis players tried to use against the Williams sisters, that they were more masculine than say Justine Henin

Some effeminate men can also argue that physically strong, very tall, well built, thick baritone voice men have an advantage over them. So extremely tall, muscular strong men should be disqualified from competing with others

Dayo, the features every gender is born naturally with is a product of their biological composition. Biological compositions generates physical features and that is why babies mature after conception from a Zygote (cell solution, made of cytoplasm and nucleus) to human. This is the argument pro-choice people have against anti-abortionists for early termination.

In 2017, a Texas high schooler who is transgender and transitioning from female to male won the regional finals of the state's wrestling championship because her opponent forfeited the match in protest. The transgender girl has not lost a match and her fights end in a minute or lesser. Bear in mind that the process of transitioning from female to male includes getting heavy shots of testosterone.

Now, do you think it is fair and a level playing ground to have normal girls with normal levels of testosterone fight a girl who is getting heavy shots of testosterone as she transitions into a man in a girls category?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:47pm On May 01, 2019
Roland17:

You are now making a lot of subjective arguments. In 2017, a Texas high schooler who is transgender and transitioning from female to male won the regional finals of the state's wrestling championship because her opponent forfeited the match in protest. Bear in mind that the process of transitioning from female to male includes getting heavy shots of testosterone.

Now, do you think it is fair and a level playing ground to have normal girls with normal levels of testosterone fight a girl who is getting heavy shots of testosterone as she transitions into a man?

Do you see this?

To me, a woman is anyone who was born female should compete in that gender sport the same with men. The gender at birth is the rule. All these modifications and attempt to rewrite nature will cause issues.

Anyone taking hormones to become a gender is modifying and should not count. Taking hormones to be a man is like me taking steroids to match Anthony Joshua. And should be disqualified. Like taking drugs in sports

Semenya did not alter anything, she is the way she was born. If she was taking enhancements that will be different

All human born as female should be allowed to identify as girls same with boys. Do you now start telling you are beyond female, you are too low to be male etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Oestrogen gives you 0% advantage as a man in any athletic competition. You would still have more testosterone than the average woman if you competed in female Sports

I think with the advent of gender fluidity and all the lines have been blurred.

raumdeuter:

To me, a woman is anyone who was born female and can get pregnant naturally the same with men and should compete in their gender sport

Its the same type of argument some female tennis players tried to use against the Williams sisters, that they were more masculine than say Justine Henin

Appearing masculine is different from possessing high levels of testosterone and male hormones that would give you clear advantages. Neither Serena, Henin were ever found to discover higher than acceptable levels of testosterone required in females.

An effeminate man has no argument. He is not competing in a sport with a cap on testosterone levels.

No one asked her to compete with men or even act or behave effeminately. What Semenya and others like her are simply being asked to do is to take medication that will lower their testosterone levels to the acceptable level required in a female sports. This is bigger than Semenya and let's not lose sight of that

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2019
Me personally I'm a proponent of Intersex sports. Let people with these unique traits have their athletic sport because there is no way people who do not enjoy these genetic advantages will not complain
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:00pm On May 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Do you see this?

Anyone taking hormones to become a gender is modifying and should not count. Taking hormones to be a man is like me taking steroids to match Anthony Joshua. And should be disqualified. Like taking drugs in sports

Semenya did not alter anything, she is the way she was born. If she was taking enhancements that will be different

All human born as female should be allowed to identify as girls same with boys. Do you now start telling you are beyond female, you are too low to be male etc

Your post is engrossed with the physical features humans come out from the womb as versus what their biological and chemical composition is and how it affects what they come out to be physical.

Dayo, the features every gender is born naturally with is a product of their biological composition. Biological compositions generates physical features and that is why babies mature after conception from a Zygote (cell solution, made of cytoplasm and nucleus) to human. This is the argument pro-choice people have against anti-abortionists for early termination.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:02pm On May 01, 2019
A40:

Oestrogen gives you 0% advantage as a man in any athletic competition. You would still have more testosterone than the average woman if you competed in female Sports
I think with the advent of gender fluidity and all the lines have been blurred.

Ok if it oestrogen doesnt give you any advantage, testosterone does, If Usain Bolt can lower his testosterone enough will he qualify for female sports?

I dont agree with the idea of gender fluidity. it simply means A boy if he cant compete with fellow boys can take medications to allow him compete with girls and vice versa

Appearing masculine is different from possessing high levels of testosterone and male hormones that would give you clear advantages. Neither Serena, Henin were ever found to discover higher than acceptable levels of testosterone required in females.

An effeminate man has no argument. He is not competing in a sport with a cap on testosterone levels.

No one asked her to compete with men or even act or behave effeminately. What Semenya and others like her are simply being asked to do is to take medication that will lower their testosterone levels to the acceptable level required in a female sports. This is bigger than Semenya and let's not lose sight of that

Appearance is also as a result of genes, Genes are responsible for height, muscle tone, ad everything that makes you male

Why should Semenya now take medication to adjust her natural genetic makeup?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:04pm On May 01, 2019
My thoughts and prayers are with Iker Casillas. He should consider hanging his boots so he can focus on taking care of his health.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:05pm On May 01, 2019
Roland17:

Your post is engrossed with the physical features humans come out from the womb as versus what their biological and chemical composition is and how it affects what they come out to be physical.

The bottom line here is that no 2 human are the same, As long as you are born female, you are female, That Alice chemical composition is not same as Janet does not make her less woman than her friend

And telling an athlete to go modify her chemical makeup that she was born with is all shade of wrong.

Are we going to get to a level where we decide the height a man, the breast size of a woman etc should be and all those who fall short should take some medication to catch up

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:08pm On May 01, 2019
A40:
Me personally I'm a proponent of Intersex sports. Let people with these unique traits have their athletic sport because there is no way people who do not enjoy these genetic advantages will not complain

People will always complain regardless. Do you think we don't have some white people who think blacks have an unfair advantage in physical sports?
A 12yr old Lukaku was said to be physically bigger than other boys and some people complained, Same with Lebron

When we start catering to one complaint, then why not others?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7163) (7164) (7165) (7166) (7167) (7168) (7169) ... (19622) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, Trevor012(m), Kimbeast and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.