Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,292 members, 7,925,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11084139 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7877) (7878) (7879) (7880) (7881) (7882) (7883) ... (19800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
Adiwana, You are making no sense, honestly.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:45pm On Oct 14, 2019
Adiwana:

You keep on saying Afcon is useless but winning it is still better than having 0 international career trophies.Messi has 0 international trophies despite copa America being more uselss than afcon.A competition they have to hand over invites for other countries in other continets to come and join them in playing due to shortage of teams.Only Argentina, Colombia and Brazil are decent there.Add Chile and you have an already set up semi final even before the competition even began.Still its a silverware that have escaped Messi which he may never win.

I can also call a couple of African players that would've been crazy players for European countries.It really goes both ways

Actually winning AFCON is more useless than other trophies, AFCON that players deliberately excuse themseves from playing. I have told you of Matip and KPB who retired when they were told to come play AFCON

Zambia won the AFCON in 2012, mention 1 player from their entire team that is better rated than Raheem Sterling who has won 0 titles. Sterling is too much, Any of those Zambian players rated close to Tammy Abraham currently. You think anyone outside Africa regards AFCON more than an unnecessary distraction like the Asian Cup

Copa America is way better than AFCON because South America is a better footballing continent than Africa. Many clubs scout from Copa America, Many talents play in Copa America

I can watch Copa America to see Messi, Neymar Aguero James, Vidal Alexis, Suarez

Last world cup how many South American teams made it out of their groups and how many African teams made it? Dont stop at last wont world cup, go back as far back as you can

Its better to play with Brazil Argentina Chile Colombia Uruguay than to be playing Zambia Algeria Burundi Nigeria and Egypt

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
raumdeuter:

Playing for Italy and Playing for Argentina holds no significant difference in finances and exposure

Playing for Nigeria vs Playing for England is significantly different

With Xavi and Iniesta playing David Silva still played, Would David Silvas career have been better if he chose to play for Venezuela instead

Fabinho is behind Casemiro in ranking for Brazil, should he have gone to play for Angola instead? So that he will get a chance to play AFCON and become an Angolan legend

Nobody is talking about finances.He simply would play for Italy more than Argentina. The only significant difference is clout and probably more money. But Nike and their likes will offer him more money cause of his exploys with Chelsea than what he does in England cause he's significantly unknown in the national team

He played due to Spain's system of going for a man striker.But if he slept and thought that Del Bosque would keep Xavi or iniesta on the bench for him for any reason then he must be really foolish.Matches where Villa and Torres played,where was he??

And who knows Fabinho in Brazil.Can't even remember that last time I saw him in their shirt

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
Adiwana:

Nobody is talking about finances.He simply would play for Italy more than Argentina. The only significant difference is clout and probably more money. But Nike and their likes will offer him more money cause of his exploys with Chelsea than what he does in England cause he's significantly unknown in the national team

He played due to Spain's system of going for a man striker.But if he slept and thought that Del Bosque would keep Xavi or iniesta on the bench for him for any reason then he must be really foolish.Matches where Villa and Torres played,where was he??

And who knows Fabinho in Brazil.Can't even remember that last time I saw him in their shirt

Football is a means of livelihood for players and they need all the money they can get. So why would anyone make a decision that might mean less money for them

Would it be better for Fabinho to play for Angola since he cannot get into Brazils team?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
Adiwana:
A40, Bulgaria 0 - England 5, subs are Wilson,Mount and Sancho. No Tammy despite being 5 nil up.lol grin grin
You do realize Chelsea and Southgate could have had an understanding not to play Tammy as he's their only decent striker right now right?

Even if he fails to crack the National team the likes of Anichebe, Iheanacho and co what was their gain at last?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:01am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

You keep on saying Afcon is useless but winning it is still better than having 0 international career trophies.Messi has 0 international trophies despite copa America being more uselss than afcon.A competition they have to hand over invites for other countries in other continets to come and join them in playing due to shortage of teams.Only Argentina, Colombia and Brazil are decent there.Add Chile and you have an already set up semi final even before the competition even began.Still its a silverware that have escaped Messi which he may never win.

I can also call a couple of African players that would've been crazy players for European countries.It really goes both ways
From 1981 to 2021 Nigeria would have won a grand total of 2 AFCON title. You really need to dead this AFCON yarns as if it's a sure thing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 12:05am On Oct 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

Actually winning AFCON is more useless than other trophies, AFCON that players deliberately excuse themseves from playing. I have told you of Matip and KPB who retired when they were told to come play AFCON

Zambia won the AFCON in 2012, mention 1 player from their entire team that is better rated than Raheem Sterling who has won 0 titles. Sterling is too much, Any of those Zambian players rated close to Tammy Abraham currently. You think anyone outside Africa regards AFCON more than an unnecessary distraction like the Asian Cup

Copa America is way better than AFCON because South America is a better footballing continent than Africa. Many clubs scout from Copa America, Many talents play in Copa America

I can watch Copa America to see Messi, Neymar Aguero James, Vidal Alexis, Suarez

Last world cup how many South American teams made it out of their groups and how many African teams made it? Dont stop at last wont world cup, go back as far back as you can

Its better to play with Brazil Argentina Chile Colombia Uruguay than to be laying Zambia Burundi Nigeria and Egypt

A competition where semi finalists are determined before the first ball is kicked is more useful than a competition that can spring up surprises.lol. Might as well go watch some San Marino Belgium or something.What is considered the overall quality starts with 2 or 3 teams and then it all ends there.The only reason people pay attention to copa America is because of Brazil and Argentina which 1 is more likely going tonwin between the two. Might as well bring out the trophy every 2 or 4 years and just tell those four teams to play to determine who wins it

Zambia winning the Afcon was less predictable and entertaining than Brazil winning the copa america at their back yard.Zambia put in more work than Brazil.The copa america is considered a thing because of the names of the players that play in it.Nothing more

African football is piss poor but acting like overall quality of South American football is the best thing to ever happen is funny.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:07am On Oct 15, 2019
The same AFCON I heard they have not paid the prize winners their monies till now na him you want make Tammy come struggle for. Alaye jorjorjor

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 12:13am On Oct 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

Football is a means of livelihood for players and they need all the money they can get. So why would anyone make a decision that might mean less money for them

Would it be better for Fabinho to play for Angola since he cannot get into Brazils team?

He may not make as much with Nigeria as with England, but he will still see money here.Am not talking NFF tho. Am talking strictly of his football career in terms of what happens on the field which is what I care about

Well if Angola has a good team that can readily compete for the continental title and put him on the pedestal as an African great,then he's better off here.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 12:19am On Oct 15, 2019
A40:
You do realize Chelsea and Southgate could have had an understanding not to play Tammy as he's their only decent striker right now right?

Even if he fails to crack the National team the likes of Anichebe, Iheanacho and co what was their gain at last?

Not in a case of them losing.Bulgaria were never a challenge to them to begin with but

Iheanancho that doesn't even make bench for Leceister again and Anichebe that could be argued slowly faded away from football.If Iheanacho picks himself up from whatever that's affecting him and at least does something significant at club level,he's coming back and retaining his shirt at Super Eagles

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:27am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

A competition where semi finalists are determined before the first ball is kicked is more useful than a competition that can spring up surprises.lol. Might as well go watch some San Marino Belgium or something.What is considered the overall quality starts with 2 or 3 teams and then it all ends there.The only reason people pay attention to copa America is because of Brazil and Argentina which 1 is more likely going tonwin between the two. Might as well bring out the trophy every 2 or 4 years and just tell those four teams to play to determine who wins it

Zambia winning the Afcon was less predictable and entertaining than Brazil winning the copa america at their back yard.Zambia put in more work than Brazil.The copa america is considered a thing because of the names of the players that play in it.Nothing more

African football is piss poor but acting like overall quality of South American football is the best thing to ever happen is funny.

Quality of South American football is only next to Europe and some can even argue its better than Europe

Who are the semi finalists that can be determined? Tell us these semi finalists and see how many times they have missed the semi finals in recent years

Without Brazil and Argentina, there is Colombia, Uruguay Chile all who have more talents than the entire African continent. Its been almost 30yrs since Argentina last won a Copa America

You havent told me the number of African teams that made it out of their world cup groups and lets compare to South America

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

He may not make as much with Nigeria as with England, but he will still see money here.Am not talking NFF tho. Am talking strictly of his football career in terms of what happens on the field which is what I care about

Well if Angola has a good team that can readily compete for the continental title and put him on the pedestal as an African great,then he's better off here.

So why will a player make a decision that can cost them potentially 50K per week? If Lingard was not English will he be earning what he currently makes?

Whats the usefulness of being an Angolan Legend

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:57am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

Not in a case of them losing.Bulgaria were never a challenge to them to begin with but

Iheanancho that doesn't even make bench for Leceister again and Anichebe that could be argued slowly faded away from football.If Iheanacho picks himself up from whatever that's affecting him and at least does something significant at club level,he's coming back and retaining his shirt at Super Eagles
It took CAF over 3 months to cough out AFCON funds. Is that the tournament you want Tammy to come and die on top?

Even if he is not making bench shouldn't his past services for Nigeria get him a look in? Why can't they play him so another club would see his talent and be willing to take him away from Leicester? After all international football is rife with players who barely get playing time from their clubs. Why did we dump the likes of Utaka and co quickly when they had trouble

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Hazardfan1: 2:45am On Oct 15, 2019
donjazet:
Adiwana, You are making no sense, honestly.

I swear. I pity those wey dey reply am o.

After every valid point wey dem give am, baba still dey talk nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:44am On Oct 15, 2019
This guy na real adimeru. cheesy
Na Dayo wey dey follow you argue i go blame.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Khaytunechi: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2019
Emaprince:
Yes yes...holyfield got emotional midway during the battle. He was talking stuffs like...

"Dont disrespect me man". Nonsense. Blaq murked him and ridiculed his battle rap career
I'm a Blaq fan from waaay back but watching the battle, I felt Blaq def didn't take the whole thing seriously unlike Holyfield who obviously came prepared. Holyfield prepared himself lyrically but he was mentally deficient. He spit so much venom and personals against Blaq but trust BadBoyBlaq e no even do like say e hear anything. And the only time Blaq struck below the belt, Holyfield got all wet and bitchy, saying 'That didn't happen, don't disrespect me man'. I was like WTFffff nigga you're in diss to get dissrespected! That was where he lost it for me. Blaq's mental toughness came through. Pound for pound I think Holyfield had more stinging bars, but Blaq's wit and laizes faire attitude came through.

I felt also that the audience were rooting for Holy. I dunno why he had to start crying like a baby on a battlefield.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2019
A40:
It took CAF over 3 months to cough out AFCON funds. Is that the tournament you want Tammy to come and die on top?

Even if he is not making bench shouldn't his past services for Nigeria get him a look in? Why can't they play him so another club would see his talent and be willing to take him away from Leicester? After all international football is rife with players who barely get playing time from their clubs. Why did we dump the likes of Utaka and co quickly when they had trouble

I don't pay attention to Afcon politics and whatever they do there.if we are to look at football politics,then football won't even be played at all as fifa is a primary problem of the game. What concerns me as a fan is what is done on the field.Nothing more

What do you want NFF to do for him?? Play him ahead of players that make bench at their various clubs?? Won't we all be calling for the head of Rohr if he does so??

Talking as if Nigeria is the only country that dumps players.England won't even remember you can sing their national anthem if you are not performing.If those that perform at their clubs don't even play na you wey no dey play.Dele Alli has dipped in form,where is he today?? Wasn't he playing against Belgium about a year ago at Russia?? Iwobi one of the worst players of Epl that was brought in and removed in the same match this season,wasn't he the one playing rubbish against Brazil?? Who benched him?? You think if he was playing for England,Southgate will remember where he kept his number??lol

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 15, 2019
afrodoc2:

This guy na real adimeru. cheesy
Na Dayo wey dey follow you argue i go blame.
Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:17am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

I don't pay attention to Afcon politics and whatever they do there.if we are to look at football politics,then football won't even be played at all as fifa is a primary problem of the game. What concerns me as a fan is what is done on the field.Nothing more

Someone told you CAF has not paid AFCON participants for 3 months, your response is that you don't follow the politics and how the finances are dished out, yet you want to keep writing senseless epistle on what another man should do with his career

[img]https://media./images/1e0ffb8413d3a178a8fb779199f4169e/tenor.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

What do you want NFF to do for him?? Play him ahead of players that make bench at their various clubs?? Won't we all be calling for the head of Rohr if he does so??

Talking as if Nigeria is the only country that dumps players.England won't even remember you can sing their national anthem if you are not performing.If those that perform at their clubs don't even play na you wey no dey play.Dele Alli has dipped in form,where is he today?? Wasn't he playing against Belgium about a year ago at Russia?? Iwobi one of the worst players of Epl that was brought in and removed in the same match this season,wasn't he the one playing rubbish against Brazil?? Who benched him?? You think if he was playing for England,Southgate will remember where he kept his number??lol

You're making it look like England is really a bad choice, which is not so.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2019
Ibime:

Someone told you CAF has not paid AFCON participants for 3 months, your response is that you don't follow the politics and how the finances are dished out, yet you want to keep writing senseless epistle on what another man should do with his career

[img]https://media./images/1e0ffb8413d3a178a8fb779199f4169e/tenor.gif[/img]

So using the same logic,nobody should play for Nigeria cause we all know how it goes down here with wages and bonuses over here. Haven't I been saying that NFF and their cronies are a downside if he ever picked Nigeria over England.

Who is now to shut up??

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Whizlight(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2019
For all those saying that picking an european team to an african team is better. Dont forget the saying "there is no place like home". No matter what happens the home will never drive a child away.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2019
Whizlight:
For all those saying that picking an european team to an african team is better. Dont forget the saying "there is no place like home". No matter what happens the home will never drive a child away.

Nothing wey person no go read for here

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:06am On Oct 15, 2019
izzou:

Nothing wey person no go read for here
So, this same Nigeria Na home? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 11:09am On Oct 15, 2019
SkimpleD:

So, this same Nigeria Na home? grin

Bros, na so we see am.

A home that never knew Tammy existed till he showed up in Chelsea's XI grin

Make I go baff Abeg, I dey come

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2019
Whizlight:

How is Nigeria home for Tomori and Abraham

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2019
Adiwana:

Except you forget Tammy is a pure 9,not a player you can play on the wings.England will not play a 4-4-2 with him and Kane up front when they have truck load of wingers.Rashford plays well in England so where is he getting that shirt from.He will never bench Kane no matter how good he gets unless England goes for a total rebuilding. Kane as it is right now is a leader on the field for England and is playing well and scoring goals for the team.

Football at times is not a matter of form.If Southgate leaves tomorrow, a new coach may drop Trippier for TAA but it will be extremely hard to drop Kane for anybody.Displacing Kane is like Dybala saying he's displacing Messi from Argentina.Even though both play the same position,Its not going to be possible until Messi hangs his boots for Argentina.Same with Kane

Won't you rather sit on the bench at Chelsea than to be the first player name on kano pillar's team sheet every matchday?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:25am On Oct 15, 2019
izzou:

Bros, na so we see am.

A home that never knew Tammy existed till he showed up in Chelsea's XI grin

Make I go baff Abeg, I dey come
I come dey wonder what he meant by home. embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SkimpleD: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

How is Nigeria home for Tomori and Abraham
Let am slide na. grin

Egbon, you sef eeh. You too like gists
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2019
popizaino:

Won't you rather sit on the bench at Chelsea than to be the first player name on kano pillar's team sheet every matchday?

Why are you questioning him? Did you ask him questions, when he told me that Fraudiola succeeded at Bayern?. Now, all of you are attacking my guy, adiwana.

No mind them adiwana, i stan. Naija for life. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2019
Chelsea should sign Bale next summer to replace Pedro. We need experienced players in Willian and bale to guide the young wingers we have.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2019
Nothing wey Frodo no go see for Middle-earth.

How Tomori and Abraham who were both born outside Nigeria and have lived probably less than 1 yr of their combined 43 yrs in the country would consider Nigeria home only Ifa can reveal.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7877) (7878) (7879) (7880) (7881) (7882) (7883) ... (19800) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bandely(m), MrJaay(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.