Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,863 members, 7,976,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11311676 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8600) (8601) (8602) (8603) (8604) (8605) (8606) ... (20048) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
iamoyindamola:
You should have confirmed this the way the virus is spreading in America

In Medicine, research evidence trumps anecdotal evidence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
seankafor:
who be international community?
Those racists acting on a script of their pay lords?
Abeg talk another thing joor..

No be today people start to dey jakap comot.. as people dey go,na so people dey come..

Happy jakpa bro
Guy forget the messenger and all what he said are things people are talking about grin
And about what he said about Buhari supporters.. that's how I view larride1 tongue

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2020
larride1:

I disagree.

We currently do not have community spread of the virus in the country “yet”.

The first case was reported Feb 25, it’s already over 30 days which means we have community spread from the index case. The plan is to prevent community spread, as long as we are able to do that, our case will be low.
What if they are already current carriers of the virus that haven't been tested and haven't shown any symptoms. Some cases where Confirmed just few days ago. They could have had the virus fit more than 14days before showing symptoms. That's why testing in mass is the way to go.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
Talking about community spread, I think it's about to happen or has happened already.

https://www.nairaland.com/5758070/luth-sends-away-man-tested

This guy tested positive at LUTH, but was asked to go home due to non availability of facility to taje Carr of him. This guy used public transport going to LUTH and he did same on his way back home.

He has since gone back to continue with his life as if nothing happened.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride1: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

What if they are already current carriers of the virus that haven't been tested and haven't shown any symptoms. Some cases where Confirmed just few days ago. They could have had the virus fit more than 14days before showing symptoms. That's why testing in mass is the way to go.

If you use assumption to start mass testing now, what happens when the testing kit get exhausted?

NCDC is tracing all the contact of all the confirmed cases, if they start showing symptoms, they will be tested. Lagos State alone has over 20m people, who many people do you think 20k Kit will test in Lagos considering the 20k is for the whole country?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

The question is what are we doing with the 20k testing kits we have on ground. Nigeria has not tested up to 200 people at this very moment.
If we have 20000 testing kits then what are they saving it for exactly . Anybody that complains of more than one symptoms should be tested.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride1: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Talking about community spread, I think it's about to happen or has happened already.

This guy tested positive at LUTH, but was asked to go home due to non availability of facility to taje Carr of him. This guy used public transport going to LUTH and he did same on his way back home.

Let’s be careful the way we spread rumors that are not verified. There’s no testing lab at Luth. NCDC does their test at Infectious Disease Center at Yaba.

So who tested him positive at LUTH?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
seankafor:
who be international community?
Those racists acting on a script of their pay lords?
Abeg talk another thing joor..

No be today people start to dey jakap comot.. as people dey go,na so people dey come..

Happy jakpa bro
Imam of peace is the man of the hour. Na insult dey mk person get sense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I am reluctant to believe that particular story. It does not add up.

Having said that, i do believe the numbers are under reported in Nigeria.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2020
larride1:

Let’s be careful the way we spread rumors that are not verified. There’s no testing lab at Luth. NCDC does their test at Infectious Disease Center at Yaba.

So who tested him positive at LUTH?

Please ask Sahara reporters. If u go tru that link, u will see the link to the news on sahara's site.

He was asked if he called NCDC and he replied in the affirmative but he didn't get response.

Read the link and direct Ur fact finding questions to Sahara reporters
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2020
If we like we should copy oyimbo style. Naija dey rely on data? Which data? Abegi. I just laugh. Let's just hope for cure.

China no try sha. People that were insulting trump over "Chinese virus" might be having a change of heart now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Please ask Sahara reporters. If u go tru that link, u will see the link to the news on sahara's site.

He was asked if he called NCDC and he replied in the affirmative but he didn't get response.

Read the link and direct Ur fact finding questions to Sahara reporters

There is no need to ask SR anything. I have it on good authority that no testing of that nature is done in LUTH. Second, if NCDC spoke to him and directed him somewhere to be tested it will not be LUTH. Even Lagos state govt's COVID-19 response network will not send him to LUTH. Now, if someone wanted to get tested he cannot randomly go to the testing centre to get it.

As you can see, the story is most likely false.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
Eruditor:

There is no need to ask SR anything. I have it on good authority that no testing of that nature is done in LUTH. Second, if NCDC spoke to him and directed him somewhere to be tested it will not be LUTH. Even Lagos state govt's COVID-19 response network will not send him to LUTH. Now, if someone wanted to get tested he cannot randomly go to the testing centre to get it.

Probably false

Lagos state has only one isolation center in Yaba, and they are working on establishing 5 more(Sanwo olu said that on his IG page today)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
Eruditor:

How about this

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Eruditor:

For the sake of those of us in Lagos I hope it's false as claimed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

How about this

Now this shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
#presidentcovik grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

How about this

The man's problem was not to get tested. He was tested positive.

He wanted to be treated and quarantined in Luth, which is why I think it's false

LUTH is not an isolation centre. Probably he would have been referred to Yaba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2020
izzou:

The man's problem was not to get tested. He was tested positive.

He wanted to be treated and quarantined in Luth, which is why I think it's false

LUTH is not an isolation centre. Probably he would have been referred to Yaba

You are not getting it.

He was tested in LUTH and he was found positive. Let's agree he was ignornany and assumed he can be treated and isolated in LUTH.

It is expected LUTH being manned by professionals should refer him to the isolation centre at yaba. They are expected to even call NCDC and have them come pick him up. But he was allowed to go back home using public transport where he could infect more people on his way home.

Haba! If it's true he was tested positive at LUTH, then they have put the life of so many people at risk by allowing him to go home as if nothing happened
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

How about this

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You are not getting it.

He was tested in LUTH and he was found positive. Let's agree he was ignornany and assumed he can be treated and isolated in LUTH.

It is expected LUTH being manned by professionals should refer him to the isolation centre at yaba. They are expected to even call NCDC and have them come pick him up. But he was allowed to go back home using public transport where he could infect more people on his way home.

Haba! If it's true he was tested positive at LUTH, then they have put the life of so many people at risk by allowing him to go home as if nothing happened

I understand

But we need to hear LUTH's side of this story.

How come NCDC have been updating is about confirmed cases, even though they are not in the hospital, and then neglect someone that surrendered himself?

And how come the victim even went home by himself? Didn't he think about his family?

The story never add up yet sha. Make LUTH talk first
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2020
Eruditor:
m

But this their response get as e be.

1.You can clearly see on their Twitter TL that they conduct COVID-19 tests.

2. The guy claim he was tested there and he was confirmed negative. They didn't react to this.

3. He claimed he was asked to go because they don't have required facilities to take care of him. In their response they claimed they are not an isolation centre that can him. ( Which is true)

4. Did they refer him to Yaba?

My question is this : Do u think it makes sense allowing him to go instead of arranging for him to be transfered to NCDC facility on their watch?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
[quote author=Eruditor post=87822793][/quote]
This LUTH are the ones spreading anyhow information. They keep confusing people. One minute they are conducting tests, the next minute they are not.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HOMOTOYOSI10: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
Forget Buhari and COVID-19 and wish me a happy birthday

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride1: 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

2. The guy claim he was tested there and he was confirmed negative. They didn't react to this.

3. He claimed he was asked to go because they don't have required facilities to take care of him. In their response they claimed they are not an isolation centre that can him. ( Which is true)

My question is this : Do u think it makes sense allowing him to go instead of arranging for him to be transfered to NCDC facility on their watch?

The first thing is, you cannot get tested for Covid-19 without NCDC knowing about it. A consultant will be the one to recommend the test. If you walk up to LUTH today even with the symptoms, you will be referred to the Infectious Disease Centre, they are the one that will decide whether you will take the test or not. If the test come back positive, he will be evacuated to the infectious treatment center in Yaba or any of the isolation center.

That’s the way it is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride1: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
HOMOTOYOSI10:
Forget Buhari and COVID-19 and wish me a happy birthday

Happy birthday bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

This LUTH are the ones spreading anyhow information. They keep confusing people.

Bros no mind dem.

They stylishly didn't talk about about whether they conducted the test on the guy or not. If they really knew the guy's claim was bogus, they could've boldly say they never recorded any case of.positive COVID-19 test on March 21.

They knew the guy was tested in their infectious disease unit. They are just hammering on the fact that they can't treat him there which everyone knows. But they are not addressing their irresponsibility of allowing A COVID-19 carrier walk out into the open to spread the virus instead of calling NCDC

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

4. Did they refer him to Yaba?

1. You are right; Prof. Omilabu's lab conducts the test but under the direction of Lagos state govt and NCDC. NCDC are responsible for supplying the testing kits etc.

2. That he tested positive you mean? Yes, they were almost tacit in that regard. But the other aspects of their reply to me, imply that if he was indeed +ve, they would have got NCDC to move him to the isolation and treatment centre in Yaba. In other words, the story of him being +ve is what they believe is concocted together with letting him go home like that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
Godx:

This LUTH are the ones spreading anyhow information. They keep confusing people. One minute they are conducting tests, the next minute they are not.

Truly. I had to call my very reliable informant to be sure. And I can confirm that LUTH in fact runs such tests.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
larride1:

The first thing is, you cannot get tested for Covid-19 without NCDC knowing about it. A consultant will be the one to recommend the test. If you walk up to LUTH today even with the symptoms, you will be referred to the Infectious Disease Centre, they are the one that will decide whether you will take the test or not. If the test come back positive, he will be evacuated to the infectious treatment center in Yaba or any of the isolation center.

That’s the way it is.

What are u saying really?

U asked if it was possible to be tested at LUTH instead of The 5 test centres run by NCDC, somebody brought u receipts showing LUTH claiming they run the tests.

That alone already shows there's some credibility to the story.( Which even myself doubted initially)

Now the guy claims he was let loose by LUTH after testing positive which is visibly professional negligence on LUTH's part.

Are u saying that is not possible?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HOMOTOYOSI10: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
larride1:

Happy birthday bro
Thanks man...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
seankafor:
To even think the mugu is from iran is enough reason to take him to psychiatric and evaluate his morale standards..

So his country, which shot down a passenger plane and killed dozens of his fellow Iranians, and which has failed to contain Covid-19, is less of his concern and our bubu is?
I'm not sure that guy doesn't criticize what's happening in Iran. Is he a supporter of the present Iran government?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8600) (8601) (8602) (8603) (8604) (8605) (8606) ... (20048) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MorataFC and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.