Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,927 members, 7,895,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10923325 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8695) (8696) (8697) (8698) (8699) (8700) (8701) ... (19681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LegoxMetahuman: 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
airmark:
Table soccer - good old days. grin
i played this thing die grin

we will even modify the crown cork.

tear paper, write number on it and use eba or saliva to gum it on the head.
if you are the rich one with extra 1kobo pocket money to spare, you put it underneath the crown cork and press together to form a solid keeper. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ibime:

Yeah I forgot the boot sef.

Melting candles was our old style but it didn't make them heavy enough. You can still blast shot through them so we used those small ceramic tiles.

Big argument before each tournament as to whether you can use your hand for cutting the ball to make it change direction. Eventually we outlawed cutting in my hood.

The game is all about technology, and whoever spend the most time modifying his team will usually win. Many of my goals were from freekicks and I modify two players in my team especially for freekicks by bending out the counter so they can chip the ball. I will bend one out well well for long range freekicks and another one just slightly for shorter range freekicks

Oboi you took me way back with this shït.

That cutting with your thumb was mad. Nothing more satisfying than the sound of a button hitting the back of the net, after a well timed banked shot off your thumb.

Freekicks had as much to do with the shape of the button as it did with the shape of the counter.

I had one counter called Ronaldo those days, with the front pulled out and flattened like teeth, and the top collapsed for improved aerodynamics.

For niggas like you with reinforced keepers, I would take freekicks short with Ronaldo. If I timed it right, I could flick the ball from the ground and into the depression on the top of the counter, almost like he was doing a Kerlon.

And if you did not disposses that guy with your next play, I was bundling the guy straight into your goal, like a sucide bomber, for a scrambled ping pong goal.

No time.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
I just remembered the lay off freekick too, where you would put prop the button up on one man, and then play it into the goal with another grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
God bless the Nigerian army..

See bullets flying through their ears like mosquitoes shocked

https://twitter.com/comradeisrael/status/1250194667251130373?s=19
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO.....The worst team to ever win the champions league.
No argument whatsoever.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Bad belle.

grin
My belle is pure grin.
spillo1:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
Swissh:
No argument whatsoever.
You swisshed off against. Tiredness is not good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
chic2pimp:

Would Nigeria have won the 94 ANC had the Zambians not had their squad decimated by the plane crash a year prior?

The original squad might not even have gotten to the final.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Lmao. Bros Ibime.

I don't preach tithe in my church because I know how that concept has been bastardized in Christianity.

I teach people that giving in whatever forms stems from a heart that loves. And giving isnt all about finances. So, why not package that 'tithe' and help a young boy/girl who has no hope of school fees, feeding money or use the cash and buy foodstuffs and share amongst the needy in church, environment and office.

So, if one must give his tithe to a pastor it should not be because he/she is under duress or obligated to because a pastor said so. It should be because of love and not a mindset that feels the pastor gets richer from it. Nature itself has proven time and time again that tithe giving doesn't make anyone rich or wealthy just like Dayo posited few comments ago. God himself blesses the work of our hands and not a mindset that believes giving of tithe makes rich yet still, some believe tithe paying would make them rich.

Everyone has what works for him/her. Let's learn to respect peoples beliefs.

Anyone who thinks that tithing is like mmm, has simply not understood giving, instead, the person is planning to use God as a means to an end. Instead of tithing, let me use giving.

You cannot say you love and yet you can't give. You can't say you love God and you find it difficult to give for his work. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son". Now, why some Christians find it difficult to give is because they have not totally given their life to Christ. If you have not totally submitted everything about yourself to Christ, you will find it difficult to give the possession he has blessed you with to him for the furtherance of his work here on earth.

Now, tithe was given as a law to the israelites so that there will be enough food and money in the house of God to take care of the priests. Also, because of the human nature, and hard heart of the israelites, it was given to them as a law. If israelites were to understand God the way David did, maybe they would have just been told to just bring food into the house of God, without giving them a percentage measurement. But, if they were told like that, you would have seen that hunger would kill the priests working in the house of God, because many people will be thinking like oga Ibime (who wants to even give coins in the church grin), I wonder how the priests will survive. But, we no longer live by the law, we now have the holy spirit in us as Christians, so we no longer need some one to tell us when to give and how to give. The Holy spirit in you will tell you how to give depending on how it is needed. In fact, if the Holy spirit is in you, giving will never become an issue for you. You will even feel like always giving everything and not just 10%.

Now, the Bible says, "Give, it shall be given unto you, good measure, shaking together and running over shall men give unto your bosom".

Now, look at the word in bold there, "men". When it is said that you receive blessing by giving, it does not mean that if you give 100 naira you go human expecting 1000 naira to be thrown from heaven to you, or someone will come and give you 1000 naira (although, it can still happen), but, no, it doesn't work like that. God blesses you from your handwork or what you do to earn money. That is why he said, "No food for a lazy man." One the of the things God does not like is, Unproductivity. In any way, God hates Unproductive people. Many scriptures are there to back it up: the parable of the servants and their master who gave them talents, the parable of the young men that were not doing anything at the evening time that were called to come and work, the parable of the 10 virgins (this has to do with smartness). God blessed Abraham from his farming work, same with isaac, job, Jacob, etc. Money never fell from heaven for them, but instead God Favoured them that, even where people were not getting profit from, they got profit from there. Where there was closed door for others, God opened a door for them. Lot took the portion of land that was more fertile and good looking than that of Abraham, but God still made Abraham to prosper more. That is how it works.

This is John D Rockerfeller, one of the richest ever Americans. He never joked with giving.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._Rockefeller

You don't need a law to tell you how much of the possession God has blessed you with that you should give for his work or to the needy.
This is one of the three places tithe was mentioned in the new testament, and the only mention of tithe by Jesus in the bible.

The account of luke and Mark.

Here's the text of Luke 11:42:

But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.” (ESV)

And Matthew 23:23:

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.” (ESV).

Although, my denomination preach on tithe, but I believe a true Christian should not be given a percentage of how much he should give for God's work, but he should know that by giving his life 100%, the spirit of God in him will always tell him how to give for God's work which in use should be for, evangelism, welfare of the men of God and for social welfare of the needy in the society and church.
So, I give as the Holy spirit leads me on how the church needs it.
I also sow seed into the life of the men of God.

As a note.

Wisdom is profitable to direct

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
Melvyn11:

Teams can definitely be underrated. A great example is my Madrid team that won 3 straight champions league. They are not talked with the same breath as pep Barca even though they were better not because of achievement but style of play.
abeg, shift with your team. Wetin special for the kind football that team play?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Roland17:
@raumdeuter, afrodoc, Ibime and all..Which national team do you think is underrated in history?

Mine will be the Netherlands team of the late 80's/ early 90's with Van Basten, Rijkaard, Koeman, Gullit and A. Winter.

It’s hard to say they were underrated.

Analysts rate them highly. They underachieved though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Greatihex:
abeg, shift with your team. Wetin special for the kind football that team play?
The only thing I care about is that they won 3 champions league titles in a row and 4 in 5 years. Some clubs for example Chelsea don't have up to 2 in their entire history.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CaptainStephen(m): 12:03am On Apr 16, 2020
seankafor:

Those are shell castings from the gunner firing.
Bullets sounds are different depending on the round grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2020
Melvyn11:

The only thing I care about is that they won 3 champions league titles in a row and 4 in 5 years . Some clubs for example Chelsea don't have up to 2 in their entire history.
You can say the bolded and no one will argue with you.

A team that could only win 1 league title in the 4 years of winning the ucl. That tells how strong they were as a team. Very individualistic.
The league is what you can use to know how strong and consistent a team is, not the 13 matches ucl that can be won even if you win less than half of the 13 matches.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 12:06am On Apr 16, 2020
seankafor:

Top hop hierarchy busy chopping weapons money angry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 12:13am On Apr 16, 2020
Greatihex:
You can say the bolded and no one will argue with you.

A team that could only win 1 league title in the 4 years of winning the ucl. That tells how strong they were as a team. Very individualistic.
The league is what you can use to know how strong and consistent a team is, not the 13 matches ucl that can be won even if you win less than half of the 13 matches.
The 3 champions league titles in a row tells everyone how strong and consistent they were.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:59am On Apr 16, 2020
Ibime:

Yeah I forgot the boot sef.

Melting candles was our old style but it didn't make them heavy enough. You can still blast shot through them so we used those small ceramic tiles.

Big argument before each tournament as to whether you can use your hand for cutting the ball to make it change direction. Eventually we outlawed cutting in my hood.

The game is all about technology, and whoever spend the most time modifying his team will usually win. Many of my goals were from freekicks and I modify two players in my team especially for freekicks by bending out the counter so they can chip the ball. I will bend one out well well for long range freekicks and another one just slightly for shorter range freekicks

Did you use this audio tape roller below, as ball? grin

There was a way we put it and hit, to start rolling into the net, even from a goal kick. grin

We could use a small coin like 25 kobo to modify the counters to have more balance. grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
i played this thing die grin

we will even modify the crown cork.

tear paper, write number on it and use eba or saliva to gum it on the head.
if you are the rich one with extra 1kobo pocket money to spare, you put it underneath the crown cork and press together to form a solid keeper. grin

Thats true. Later we upgraded to cutting old calender numbers and put on them, to look more catchy. grin

There was a time i used all crush's yellow counters, and i stupidly called them brazil. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:13am On Apr 16, 2020
nihilistjnr:
I just remembered the lay off freekick too, where you would put prop the button up on one man, and then play it into the goal with another grin

Wow. One of my friends back then, was an expert in this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 1:16am On Apr 16, 2020
spillo1:

Nah
The Liverpool team of 2005 were the worst to win the UCL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:12am On Apr 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

It’s hard to say they were underrated.

Analysts rate them highly. They underachieved though.
You're right. They actually under achieved. That team could easily have swept all the titles from 88 to 92
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:18am On Apr 16, 2020
Roland17:
@raumdeuter, afrodoc, Ibime and all..Which national team do you think is underrated in history?

Mine will be the Netherlands team of the late 80's/ early 90's with Van Basten, Rijkaard, Koeman, Gullit and A. Winter.
German squad of 86-96

Got to 4 Major Finals. Won two. Albeit with different personnel but the iterations of those teams never really got their due props

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:26am On Apr 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Modified.

.................................Yashin..............................
.....Thuram.....Beckenbauer....Baresi.......Krol......
..............................Souness.........................
......Matthews.................Di Stefano..........Best.....
.......................Pele.............Eusebio...............
.................................Yashin..............................
..........Beckenbauer......Baresi.......Krol........
...................................Souness............................
......... Lampard...........Valderamma......Djorkaeff...
........Messi........Pele.........Ororo..............

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Apr 16, 2020
airmark:

Did you use this audio tape roller below, as ball? grin

There was a way we put it and hit, to start rolling into the net, even from a goal kick. grin

We could use a small coin like 25 kobo to modify the counters to have more balance. grin

Memories!!!!! I finish Pale tape ehn... Anyone wen just be like say e don dey coil I go lose the tape until I get to the roller.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2020
larride and other guys in Ibadan, how are you guys coping with the security situation in Ib?

There have been a lot of break-ins around here (Agbowo and UI environs), and during one of the break-ins, a resident in Agbowo was killed a couple of days ago.

The police can't be relied on as they only patrol the major roads and don't go inside streets within communities.

Self-defence is the way out now, and getting a good night sleep is harder as we all have to say alert.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:41am On Apr 16, 2020
airmark:

Thats true. Later we upgraded to cutting old calender numbers and put on them, to look more catchy. grin

There was a time i used all crush's yellow counters, and i stupidly called them brazil. grin grin

what about this game

Kana kana.. the one that you drill two holes in a crown cork and put rope in-between (preferably strong rice sac rope) then you start pulling it like yoyo or use it to fight ..

Good times men. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2020
Roland17:

Memories!!!!! I finish Pale tape ehn... Anyone wen just be like say e don dey coil I go lose the tape until I get to the roller.. grin
we did small transfer, if you have my brand of crown corks you will swap for another.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
what about this game

Kana kana.. the one that you drill two holes in a crown cork and put rope in-between (preferably strong rice sac rope) then you start pulling it like yoyo or use it to fight ..

Good times men. grin
Mehn, we flatten and sharpen the crown cork
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2020
I don't think this present dispensation of kids are into this grin

I attended a boarding school, and we dey organise tournament because of this

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2020
izzou:

No, they are not. Smartphones and video gaming apps have replaced paper soccer due to the advancements in technology, making some of these devices and software more affordable and available for more kids.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:14am On Apr 16, 2020
izzou:

They are indomie generation, they don't even know Maggi 2 minutes noodles
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2020
gensteejay:

No, they are not. Smartphones and video gaming apps have replaced paper soccer due to the advancements in technology, making some of them more affordable and available for more kids.

iamoyindamola:
They are indomie generation, they don't even know Maggi 2 minutes noodles

Lol

Times really have changed grin

But then, it's their time. We don move cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8695) (8696) (8697) (8698) (8699) (8700) (8701) ... (19681) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Singapore1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.