Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,026 members, 7,896,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10926540 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8754) (8755) (8756) (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) ... (19681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO.....Ferdinand is always rated above Vidic by United fans and will make a United greatest xi before Vidic.

He is rated above Vidic because he is English. Vidic was better.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitrogen:

Lol, you sha don agree that VVD is a point and shout defender.

Everybody knows that one already, that is why they try to package him under Leadership when no be Abba Kyari we dey talk of

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Everybody knows that one already, that is why they try to package him under Leadership when no be Abba Kyari we dey talk of

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

That is a big fallacy, You play football its not powerpoint presentation. You go out there and put your body on the line. Its easy to point here and there

Shebi all of us go dey studios and viewing centers pointing what this person should have done or not. Shebi all dem Neville go dey carry touchpad dey talk what someone should have done or not

Remove these so called brains and the agressive partners can still hold the defence like Vidic showed in Man Utd, but any defender whose game is based on pointing and pointing how will he cope
LMFAO.......It's obvious you have never played football. It's no wonder you just keep analysing like a typical keyboard warrior. You are all about brute force and diving in rather than being smart and composed. If you were a defender you will be worst a version of Phil Jones.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitrogen:

Ferdinand dey for media dey launder his image daily, Rio wey be say na soap in his playing days, Shebi na like that someone go point Neville as best right back in EPL history, even Carragher that was no better than Lovren at his best sef dey get rep

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO.......It's obvious you have never played football. It's no wonder you just keep analysing like a typical keyboard warrior. You are all about brute force and diving in rather than being smart and composed. If you were a defender you will be worst a version of Phil Jones.

You that you have played ball and won balon dor 10 times

I have asked you who was the thinker between Varane and Ramos
Who was the thinker between Kompany and Lescott, Demichelis, Mangala Otamendi

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitrogen:

And you are doing the exact opposite by underating him because he is English. it goes both ways bro. Vidic was better that's your opinion. others have theirs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Xavi left there was still Busquets and Iniesta.

With your logic was it Johnny Evans or Oshea that was reading the game for Vidic to win the league
LMFAO.....No it was dayo the brother of Phil Jones.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Xavi left there was still Busquets and Iniesta.

With your logic was it Johnny Evans or Oshea that was reading the game for Vidic to win the league

Ferdinand and Vidic left at the same time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

And you are doing the exact opposite by underating him because he is English. it goes both ways bro. Vidic was better that's your opinion. others have theirs.

Forget opinion jare, we watched both of them.

We all know that English players get hyped big time....

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

These category are those who hide from the ball and claim they are organising defence, When Ferdinand left who was organising Man Utd defence? Was it Evans or Oshea

Football is an activity not a presentation where you will be pointing and organising

How come Chelsea won the CL without their so called brain of the defence

Between Ramos and Varane who won 3 CL, who was the brain of the defence?

When Kompany paired Mangala, Lescott, Otamendi Demichelis who was the brain of the defence? Does it sound right that Mangala, Otamendi Demichelis or Lesscott were the brain of anything? When they left City how is that brain working for them

Smalling organized the defence under Vangaal/Mourinho..
Maguire is doing same now........

Some players can play both 5 & 6.....Maguire, Ramos....

Thats why Man city best partnership to me was Kompany and Laporte....... Man city defensive issues is one of the reasons Liverpool is strolling to the title

Man Utd also won 1999 UCL without Scholes and Keane.......... So terry not playing in 2012 doesn't change anything abt his quality
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitrogen:

Forget opinion jare, we watched both of them.

We all know that English players get hyped big time....
We also know people like you who are there to downgrade them. I am not even castigating you for saying vidic is better as its totally valid same as well is saying Ferdinand was better.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

You that you have played ball and won balon dor 10 times

I have asked you who was the thinker between Varane and Ramos
Who was the thinker between Kompany and Lescott, Demichelis, Mangala Otamendi
LMFAO..And in your thick Head you believe players can't have both abilities.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
Expert17:

Smalling organized the defence under Vangaal/Mourinho..
Maguire is doing same now........

Some players can play both 5 & 6.....Maguire, Ramos....

Thats why Man city best partnership to me was Kompany and Laporte....... Man city defensive issues is one of the reasons Liverpool is strolling to the title

Man Utd also won 1999 UCL without Scholes and Keane.......... So terry not playing in 2012 doesn't change anything abt his quality

How many games did Kompany and Laporte even play together? Laporte joined January 2017. City had already won 2 league titles before then

So if Kompany was the aggresive partner and needed a brain and thinker, who was thinking for him before Laporte got there? Was it Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi or Lesscott

Who was Smallings partner and who is Slabheads partner that he is organising? Maguire gets stuck in a lot and doesnt run from tackles thats why they dribble him regularly, but defenders who are more concerned about their I dont want to be dribble d record na him go dey claim leadership
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO..And in your thick Head you believe players can't have both abilities.

Then you tell us who was acting as the thinker in those scenarios

Defenders will be on the field forming activiy and claim to be thinking and doing leadership. You think Vidic Carvalho Ramos and Kompany getting stuck were also not thinking and leading their defence? But all dem Rio Terry and VVD that have no function on the field will claim their major job is to point like yellow fever
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
Leyqute:

What about Van Dijk?

Always pointing fingers like Sanwo-Olu grin.
He's a very good defender who reads the game well and leads the back line very well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitrogen:

Lol, you sha don agree that VVD is a point and shout defender.

Ferdinard, Terry, also point and shout very well.... they are like the coach in the field

CB position is sensitive,....the 2 CBs cant just dive into tackles/interception/Aerial battle the same time..

Show me any GREAT CENTER BACK PARTNERSHIP, i will show you the 5 & 6 there...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

We also know people like you who are there to downgrade them. I am not even castigating you for saying vidic is better as its totally valid same as well is saying Ferdinand was better.

No one is downgrading them, we all watched them from the beginning of their careers and we knew some of them were bang average who are just trying to launder their images post retirement

Na new generation youtube fans like you think football is played by pointing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Expert17:
Ferdinard, Terry, also point and shout very well.... they are like the coach in the field

CB position is sensitive,....the 2 CBs cant just dive into tackles/interception/Aerial battle the same time..

Show me any GREAT CENTER BACK PARTNERSHIP, i will show you the 5 & 6 there...

The greatest CB partnership in this century is probably Nesta Cannavaro both were active and no one is pointing upandan forming leadership on the field
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO.....Ferdinand is always rated above Vidic by United fans and will make a United greatest xi before Vidic.

Lol. You must be trolling.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

How many games did Kompany and Laporte even play together? Laporte joined January 2017. City had already won 2 league titles before then

So if Kompany was the aggresive partner and needed a brain and thinker, who was thinking for him before Laporte got there? Was it Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi or Lesscott

Kompany was the only sensible CB @ Man city for a long time, that is why Mancini, Pellegrini and Guardiola always go for CB in all the transfer windows............

The effect of Kompany bn the only solid CB, wont show because Man city are always with the ball for 70 % of the match.....Same thing with Barcelona, their CB issues wont show because of possesion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Then you tell us who was acting as the thinker in those scenarios

Defenders will be on the field forming activiy and claim to be thinking and doing leadership. You think Vidic Carvalho Ramos and Kompany getting stuck were also not thinking and leading their defence? But all dem Rio Terry and VVD that have no function on the field will claim their major job is to point like yellow fever
LMFAO. ....Oga defenders are not restricted in their abilities. They can poses both and excel in one or both. Ramos is a perfect example of that You are not the governor of football and people that have to follow your biased Phil Jones sense in rating defenders.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2020
larride:

Lol. You must be trolling.
Ok and you must be a wum.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitrogen:

Vidic won Player of the season twice in the premier league. I’m not sure Ferdinand was even nominated once not to talk of winning it.

Ferdinand was very good but even in England, Vidic get the props.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

No one is downgrading them, we all watched them from the beginning of their careers and we knew some of them were bang average who are just trying to launder their images post retirement

Na new generation youtube fans like you think football is played by pointing
LMFAO. ....Stop showing your young age small boy. People like you who don't know anything will be the first to type rubbish about generation. It's young boys like you that believe every defender should be diving into reckless challenges all the time. Guy rest. You rate vidic keep it to yourself and let others rate who they want.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO. ....Oga defenders are not restricted in their abilities. They can poses both and excel in one or both. Ramos is a perfect example of that You are not the governor of football and people that have to follow your biased Phil Jones sense in rating defenders.

Organizing is what all top defenders can do. Its now left if when called to act and get stuck can you do it without faltering or you will be running from attackers like VVD and Rio

Boateng Nesta, Canavaro Maldidni, Ramos, Puyol, Pique Vidic Carvalho can all organize and can still excel in getting stuck in, Its useless defenders that claim their key strenght is organizing defence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO. ....Stop showing your young age small boy. People like you who don't know anything will be the first to type rubbish about generation. It's young boys like you that believe every defender should be diving into reckless challenges all the time. Guy rest. You rate vidic keep it to yourself and let others rate who they want.

Interesting

I am sure I have forgotten more football than you have watched

Tell me your first football game you watched, I will tell you I have been watching since the 80s before LMFAO became a thing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Interesting

Tell me your first football game you watched, I will tell you I have been watching since the 80s before LMFAO became a thing

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Organizing is what all top defenders can do. Its now left if when called to act and get stuck can you do it without faltering or you will be running from attackers like VVD and Rio

Boateng Nesta, Canavaro Maldidni, Ramos, Puyol, Pique Vidic Carvalho can all organize and can still excel in getting stuck in, Its useless defenders that claim their key strenght is organizing defence
LMFAO. .....small boy so much of defending is about positioning not those rubbish you typed. Many times it won't lead to be tackle or interception but to the opponents passing elsewhere or delaying it long enough for the midfield to get back in shape. Failure to understand positional play results in players like Ferdinand,dijk underrated in comparison to more brute force players like vidic etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

Interesting

LMFAO. ....Keeep your audio 80's to yourself. Your football knowledge is as bad as trump presidency small boy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Defence is 70% positioning ............30% of the rest

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
raumdeuter:

These category are those who hide from the ball and claim they are organising defence, When Ferdinand left who was organising Man Utd defence? Was it Evans or Oshea

Football is an activity not a presentation where you will be pointing and organising

You never played centre-back so you can never know.

In my University days 2005/2006 season, I switched to centreback and that's all I did. I organised the defence to drag one full back to the centre and he and my centre-back partner will go man to man with the oppositions strikers while I just drop back 5 yards. Their instruction was simple, attack the man as soon as ball comes and I will sweep up anything that drops loose.

I asked my teammates to keep tabs that we never concede from open play when I'm on the pitch due to this system and true true, we did not concede a single goal from open play all season when I played. The only goals we conceded were from setplays. It was even published on the Uni Sports website at the end of the season. If I can still find the website, I would show you.

Meanwhile, we had one centreback called Mai that everyone rated highly cos he jumps into every header and physically aggressive and always goes for the duel. As one of the senior men on the team, I relegate him to the bench anytime I'm available for matches and prefer to play with one Japanese boy and one English boy that can maintain our simple system of one man dropping 5 yards to clear up. True, true, results spoke for me cos everytime I play, cleansheet is almost guaranteed unless the opponent score freekick, while every time Mai played, they will be conceding like 2 goals. Centreback is not about activity, 80% of centreback work is organisation.

There was even one match where we did not have players due to other commitments and one of my teammates brought two American boys from his halls who could not even play football. I just put them in the same system and told them not to bother playing too much, just to jump and challenge every ball and I will sweep up anything that drops, and we even kept clean sheet that day.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8754) (8755) (8756) (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) ... (19681) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.