Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,324 members, 7,925,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:14 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11084800 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8823) (8824) (8825) (8826) (8827) (8828) (8829) ... (19800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:04pm On May 08, 2020
Segedinho:

How do u defend or make tackles when u aint called upon
Do u really know the meaning of called upon in this context

Do you believe lawandoski wasnt called upon to deliver goals on that fateful night

Lewandoski like every footballer was called upon and failed to deliver in some games but you wont hear ridiculous excuses like he only defends when he is called up to.

When Lewandoski met your team a few weeks ago even with a broken leg he delivered 1 goal and 2 assists

But when we have an attacker running away from strikers he will claim he wasnt called up to do it like say na NYSC call up

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:06pm On May 08, 2020
CapitalCee:
Don't blame him. But I think since Lovren is not in Netherlands, I think the reason he was the worst defender that day was that he was called upon.

Someone must always be to blame, If not Lovren it will be Matip, Gomez Deligt etc

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 9:08pm On May 08, 2020
Godx:
You can only pick one. Who are you taking?
Cafu for me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
BikeMan:
You guys are still arguing about VVD in May?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

Lewandoski like every footballer was called upon and failed to deliver in some games but you wont hear ridiculous excuses like he only defends when he is called up to.

When Lewandoski met your team a few weeks ago even with a broken leg he delivered 1 goal and 2 assists

But when we have an attacker running away from strikers he will claim he wasnt called up to do it like say na NYSC call up
Originally,defenders are called upon to stop goals threats which he did perfectly vs bayern

Lewandoski was called upon naturally to score and make assists which he did perfectly against Chelsea.

In my opinion,defenders are called upon when there are threats,u can't expect VVD in d opposition 18yard box in an open play.(not called upon)

Am just trying to clarify the definition of "called upon" in that context,he seems ignorant,also found a way to colour it for mockery/sarcasm sake...

I no get power to argue VVD and Hazard matter with u cos i know say las las na me go tire..

cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2020
Godx:

You also saw Umtiti winning the Champions league at barca and Vidic winning a league title when Ferdinand left United. Stop acting like you have never goofed before.
This.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:32pm On May 08, 2020
larride:
Supreme Court void Orji Uzor Kalu judgement, order a retrial.

Lol.

I guess this finally shows all 3 arms of government in Nigeria are faulty.

So a judge knowing fully well he’s been promoted from federal high court to Appeal court still passed a judgement in a federal high court case
. Honestly something is wrong in this country.

Now the whole trial and prosecution was an effort in futility. That’s a waste of tax payers money. Is there not supposed to be an inquiry panel or something to be set up to look into this and unravel how we ended up here?

Now a criminal like Orji Uzor Kalu will walk free not because the charges against him are untrue, but because of mere technicalities like a judge forgetting which court he actually presides over now.

Naija Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:40pm On May 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

So a judge knowing fully well he’s been promoted from federal high court to Appeal court still passed a judgement in a federal high court case

Now the whole trial and prosecution was an effort in futility. That’s a waste of tax payers money. Is there not supposed to be an inquiry panel or something to be set up to look into this and unravel how we ended up here?

Now a criminal like Orji Uzor Kalu will walk free not because the charges against him are untrue, but because of mere technicalities like a judge forgetting which court he actually presides over now.

Naija Na wa o
I thought I read "order a retrial" there?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2020
Godx:
You can only pick one. Who are you taking?
Dani olora cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:50pm On May 08, 2020
eph12:

I thought I read "order a retrial" there?

Do u know the initial trial lasted 12 years before he was finally convicted?

If the initial trial lasted 12 years what stops the retrial from lasting that long?

1. They will start all over again which is a waste of tax payers money

2. This retrial provides enough time for his lawyers to figure out defence for a whole lot of stuff they couldn't defend in the initial trial. The probability of getting a conviction by the EFCC counsel will be very slim

3. The long time the retrial will take is enough time for a change of government and OUK joining the winning team paving way for his case in court to quashed and he forgiven to go and sin no more.

4. Honestly the whole charade of the initial trial, his conviction and this supreme court nullifying it is a slap on the face of Abians and Nigerians in general
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2020
airmark:

Have you attended training sessions where one or two strikers and defenders are drilled how to score and defend aerial balls especially from wingers? You are exposing yourself here as an ignorant person.

If aerial duels are not important, why is it added in stats for defenders in matches? You are lowkey worse than lordfalcao. grin

It is either you 100% misunderstood my point or you 100% choose to troll.

But for the benefit of doub, let me give it to you in ABC.

When I keep hammering on what is special about winning aerial battle, I was actually stressing that that should be a CB strength naturally. That is why I said the bolded..

I thought you said you played pro football.

What are the earliest basic things a CB learns in football? If a CB wins an aerial battle, is it something to be proud of?

I ask you again, what is so special in a CB nodding away balls that comes his way?

That is what he is trained to do. Be strong aerially. So when CB does what he should naturally be doing, what is so special in that?

9 out of every 10 corner kick, it is expected that the defender will nod it away. Why? That is what he is trained to do. Nothing special.

Don't come here telling me VVD wins aerial battle that's how he delivered UCL to Liverpool. Matip also win aerial battles so it's nothing special.

Matip did more of the defensive job that night, making 14 clearances, more than any other player. Alisson made 8 saves, keeping a clean sheet along the way (the last time a keeper made 8 saves in a UCL final, he conceded 3 goals. That was van Der saar 2011). The only thing you can show me is VVD never got dribbled past.

VVD is a retreating traffic warden that defends only when he is called upon.

Now you can strike off all the post and tag your backup diggz. That's what you are good at. Goodnight.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Naija Na wa o

According to the Suprem Court judgement, they ordered a re-trial. He wasn’t acquitted and discharged. I do agree that it’s a waste of tax payer money. 12 years to finally get a conviction and the Supreme Court overruled it on technicalities.

The fault doesn’t lay with the Judge but with those that enacted the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA 2015). Section 396 in subsection 7 provided that a judge in the high court that has been elevated to court of appeal shall have dispensation to sit at the high court to pass judgement. The President of Court of Appeal granted the judge a fiat under that section 396 subsection 7 of ACJA which enable the Judge to sit and pass judgement on the trial.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court rules that the fiat is unconstitutional. Any law or Act that is in conflict with a constitutional provision will give way to the Constitution.

The Supreme Court orders a fresh trial. What a waste of taxpayers money.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2020
kendrick93:

Imagine a world where aeriel ability isn't a key requirement for a CB...
Monkey post analysis full this place oh...
I wouldn't blame him, you know in monkey post football Aerial strength isn't required for a defender...
Guy is confused

I would like you to quote where I said aerial ability isn't a key requirement for a CB.

I don't argue with someone who makes up things in his brain and type that's why I ended my argument with you earlier but if I don't rectify this one here and now, you will carry everywhere that I said aerial ability isn't a requirement.

Please where did I say such?

For someone that saw Khedira in WC final vs Argentina, nothing is impossible with you.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2020
Wike is auctioning seized cars in PH. cheesy

Just exchange Wike for Buhari or El Rufai and see shouts of Tyrants. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2020
Expert17:
cheesy cheesy

Nothing we no go read for here

Aerial ability is not Important for CB grin grin

If this post is referring to me, I need you to quote where I said aerial ability is not important.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2020
timbros:

It is either you 100% misunderstood my point or you 100% choose to troll.

But for the benefit of doub, let me give it to you in ABC.

When I keep hammering on what is special about winning aerial battle, I was actually stressing that that should be a CB strength naturally. That is why I said the bolded..

That is what he is trained to do. Be strong aerially. So when CB does what he should naturally be doing, what is so special in that?

9 out of every 10 corner kick, it is expected that the defender will nod it away. Why? That is what he is trained to do. Nothing special.

Don't come here telling me VVD wins aerial battle that's how he delivered UCL to Liverpool. Matip also win aerial battles so it's nothing special.

Matip did more of the defensive job that night, making 14 clearances, more than any other player. Alisson made 8 saves, keeping a clean sheet along the way
(the last time a keeper made 8 saves in a UCL final, he conceded 3 goals. That was van Der saar 2011).
The only thing you can show me is VVD never got dribbled past.

VVD is a retreating traffic warden that defends only when he is called upon.

Now you can strike off all the post and tag your backup diggz. That's what you are good at. Goodnight.

The bolded surely can't be true, it seems cooked up. Where's ur source?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2020
larride:
Wike is auctioning seized cars in PH. cheesy

Just exchange Wike for Buhari or El Rufai and see shouts of Tyrants. grin

How many 70 year olds has he arrested for speaking against him??

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:06pm On May 08, 2020
cheesy cheesy

What is special, when a striker score goals?? he is trained to score naturally

what is special, when a defender tackle, intercept and block?? he is trained to do that naturally

What is special when a Goalkeeper mk a save?? he is trained to do that naturally

Nothing is special in football

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:12pm On May 08, 2020
thorrvik55:

The bolded surely can't be true, it seems cooked up. Where's ur source?

Why will I cook it up? What's my gain?

https://www.squawka.com/en/interesting-stats-2019-champions-league-final/?amp

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2020
Expert17:
cheesy cheesy

What is special, when a striker score goals?? he is trained to score naturally

what is special, when a defender tackle, intercept and block?? he is trained to do that naturally

What is special when a Goalkeeper mk a save?? he is trained to do that naturally

Nothing is special in football

I was expecting you to quote where I said what you claimed above. Obviously you couldn't.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2020
Roland17:

Baba, you have absolutely no idea about the value of crude oil as a resource, how much Nigeria made/makes from it and I am not including unreported/ underreported oil revenue worth more how much money Nigeria made during that era!

There is no need for a memoir, just ask the likes of Ibori, Alamieyese, and Tinubu!
How many barrels are sold per day and at what price as at then? The recovered funds can't all be looted by the regime, remember we were sanctioned and we had bills to pay I think to circumvent the sanctions the regime used third-parties to lodge money abroad for foreign transaction purposes. Are some of the recoveries looted the probability and possibility is very high, but are all of them loots? I highly doubt it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:15pm On May 08, 2020
thorrvik55:

Arrested and charged to court. Court gave their sentence. Jail or fine. The man paid the fine of 30k and was released.

Which court gave Wike the power to auction peoples car for violating curfew?

The one that went to court is the Tyrant. grin Jokers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:19pm On May 08, 2020
larride:

According to the Suprem Court judgement, they ordered a re-trial. He wasn’t acquitted and discharged. I do agree that it’s a waste of tax payer money. 12 years to finally get a conviction and the Supreme Court overruled it on technicalities.

The fault doesn’t lay with the Judge but with those that enacted the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA 2015). Section 396 in subsection 7 provided that a judge in the high court that has been elevated to court of appeal shall have dispensation to sit at the high court to pass judgement. The President of Court of Appeal granted the judge a fiat under that section 396 subsection 7 of ACJA which enable the Judge to sit and pass judgement on the trial.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court rules that the fiat is unconstitutional. Any law or Act that is in conflict with a constitutional provision will give way to the Constitution.

The Supreme Court orders a fresh trial. What a waste of taxpayers money.

This shows we have so many vague laws in Nigeria.

Very soon we will start seeing Murderers walking free from the guillotine because their lawyers know technicalities. At least we've seen electoral fraud standing because of technicalities and we are seeing a convicted criminal almost walking because of same reason.

It's just a pity. I'm sure OUK will apply for a bail soonest and he will go about his senatorial business soon enough.

So if a retrial starts, a new judge is assigned the case and aftertge trial lasts for another decade the same situation arises and the judge is promoted. What will happen? Will the president of federal high clue reassign the case to a judge who will pronounce judgement or they will invoke this same Act that got them into this present mess?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2020
Amoto94:
How many barrels are sold per day and at what price as at then? The recovered funds can't all be looted by the regime, remember we were sanctioned and we had bills to pay I think to circumvent the sanctions the regime used third-parties to lodge money abroad for foreign transaction purposes. Are some of the recoveries looted the probability and possibility is very high, but are all of them loots? I highly doubt it

Nigeria was producing around 1.9m barrel of oil per day and oil was selling for average of $18.

It was rumored that 70% of those revenue was never paid into the federation account but his own accounts in America and Europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:23pm On May 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

This shows we have so many vague laws in Nigeria.

Very soon we will start seeing Murderers walking free from the guillotine because their lawyers know technicalities. At least we've seen electoral fraud standing because of technicalities and we are seeing a convicted criminal almost walking because of same reason.

It's just a pity. I'm sure OUK will apply for a bail soonest and he will go about his senatorial business soon enough.

So if a retrial starts, a new judge is assigned the case and aftertge trial lasts for another decade the same situation arises and the judge is promoted. What will happen? Will the president of federal high clue reassign the case to a judge who will pronounce judgement or they will invoke this same Act that got them into this present mess?

The President of the high court should have reassign the case to another judge and all accompanying exhibits and document transferred to the new judge to finish the case.

OUK will definitely get bail. It’s really a sorry state.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:26pm On May 08, 2020
timbros:

I was expecting you to quote where I said what you claimed above. Obviously you couldn't.

Dnt take it serious,

You made a mistake in that your statement.....its all good now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:27pm On May 08, 2020
timbros:

You see the way they argue, WHen they cannot get the facts to back themselves up, they will cook up a story or narrative and assign to you and claim that was what you said
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:30pm On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

You see the way they argue, WHen they cannot get the facts to back themselves up, they will cook up a story or narrative and assign to you and claim that was what you said

If I don't tackle it sharp sharp now, their narrative will stick.

With time, it will be that I said aerial ability is not a key requirement of a CB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:31pm On May 08, 2020
Expert17:

Dnt take it serious,

You made a mistake in that your statement.....its all good now

Quote the mistake please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:34pm On May 08, 2020
timbros:

Quote the mistake please.

I just want to correct that your statement......... "there is notin special in a defender winning aerial balls"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:44pm On May 08, 2020
Expert17:

I just want to correct that your statement......... "there is notin special in a defender winning aerial balls"

There isn't.

If a player like Son or Messi with their physique wins VVD in an aerial ball, now that is something special.

Most defenders have the height, power and technique to win aerial balls. That is their job, so if they do the job they naturally should do, why will one be jumping around that VVD wins aerial balls?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:05pm On May 08, 2020
thorrvik55:

He has killed enough people, never mind arresting

(1) (2) (3) ... (8823) (8824) (8825) (8826) (8827) (8828) (8829) ... (19800) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SamueItem337(m), DeeScan, Jamiuokolaa and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.