Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,137 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10863191 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8862) (8863) (8864) (8865) (8866) (8867) (8868) ... (19620) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:07pm On May 15, 2020
diggz:

Agreed! Then let messi outperform him in world cup.

Well, let's just say they are even.

Messi has outperformed Lima in club competitions in every possible way.

Lima has outperformed Messi at the national team level.

I guess it's left for individual fans to pick whom they prefer as their own choice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 8:11pm On May 15, 2020
Kimbeast:

I am still not grabbing your point. He scored 73goals and he as well never replicated it so it was one off. If Suarez could scored 59goals playing for Barcelona and I have little to no doubt in my mind that a fit prime Fat Ron could easily pull those figures. Gerd Muller pulled 85goals in a calendar year and other impressive goals feat so it's not like both are doing things the football world hasn't seen before in terms of goalscoring.
It's not even debatable. Suarez exploits of 59goals just shows the kind of enjoyment Messi has experienced most of his career. He has never come close to replicating those performance for Argentina in any competition or even finish as top scorer. Somebody said he even went back to back competition for Argentina without scoring a single goal why is that? Put Ronaldo in those Barca teams and he will bang in goal figures that will make Messi blush.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 8:17pm On May 15, 2020
Kimbeast:

Well people have seen maradonna and his exploits plus other great players as well before Ronaldo so first mover argument don't cut it. Ronaldo was not goal shy. He had over 200career goals at the age of 23. Messi at that same age don't come close. That's why we always say injury ruined his career.
Like someone pointed out before even Suarez banged 59goals playing for Barcelona yet he has nothing on Fat Ron. Place Fat Ron in one of those Messi teams and he drop exactly those figures if not more.
Actually he had over 200goals for club and country in his first 5 years as a professional.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:18pm On May 15, 2020
Swissh:

It's not even debatable. Suarez exploits of 59goals just shows the kind of enjoyment Messi has experienced most of his career. He has never come close to replicating those performance for Argentina in any competition or even finish as top scorer. Somebody said he even went back to back competition for Argentina without scoring a single goal why is that? But Ronaldo in those Barca teams and he will bang in goal figures that will make Messi blush.

Some would argue that De Lima also enjoyed success for Brazil by playing in one of the greatest national sides of all time.

De Lima never won UCL in his life. The season he scored those 47 goals he didn't even win the league.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:21pm On May 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I guess it's left for individual fans to pick whom they prefer as their own choice

Now I can accept this kind of argument. R9 had similar level talent to Messi but injuries derailed him.

R9 gets his respect and we keep it moving.

But I can't accept that Ronaldo was more talented than Messi. The numbers that Messi has done are too absurd to permit such.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 8:28pm On May 15, 2020
Swissh:

It's not even debatable. Suarez exploits of 59goals just shows the kind of enjoyment Messi has experienced most of his career. He has never come close to replicating those performance for Argentina in any competition or even finish as top scorer. Somebody said he even went back to back competition for Argentina without scoring a single goal why is that? Put Ronaldo in those Barca teams and he will bang in goal figures that will make Messi blush.
Bwhahahahah.Its this back to back competition stuff without a single goal that always cracks me up. After banging in 50goals for Barca you go to Argentina and drop stinkers in back to back competitions. This system player is the Goat some people Stan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:40pm On May 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Now I can accept this kind of argument. R9 had similar level talent to Messi but injuries derailed him.

R9 gets his respect and we keep it moving.

But I can't accept that Ronaldo was more talented than Messi. The numbers that Messi has done are too absurd to permit such.

Exactly my stand on this. Based on what actually happened and not "what if" & "Kanipe" There's no indicator that Ronaldo was more talented of the two. I won't base my judgement on "If Ronaldo was not injured theory".....

Ordinarily one would've thought that the Torres that played for Loserpool was on the rise and was going to tear more nets going forward. We all know how the story ended
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:40pm On May 15, 2020
It's hard to choose who is naturally talented between Messi and Ronaldo delima but I go with the latter cus I believe Barcelona kind of play makes it easier for players to excel.Ronaldo Delima under pep guardiola could have been something else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2020
Segedinho dey always burst my brain with im juju yarns. Guy, i fit get some? grin
Segedinho, omo odo agba! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:57pm On May 15, 2020
popizaino:
It's hard to choose who is naturally talented between Messi and Ronaldo delima but I go with the latter cus I believe Barcelona kind of play makes it easier for players to excel.Ronaldo Delima under pep guardiola could have been something else.

I'm sure u know the almighty Guardiola confirmed this success u are talking about are attributable to him working with "Messi and the lads"

Guardiola would've ended up as that new barca coach; at 61 yet to a cup, liked for his fancy style of play but nothing to show for it.

Messi made that Guardiola Barca complete.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:02pm On May 15, 2020
And if Messi was playing for Spain when they won the world cup and Euros they would have attributed all the success to him and said he made the Spanish team complete as well. We know all these shenanigans already.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 9:10pm On May 15, 2020
Never thought i would live to see the day Nihilist defend Messi in a debate. As the High Priest of the Ororo fandom, what do you have to say about this treasonable act you've commited? grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 9:13pm On May 15, 2020
Melvyn11:
And if Messi was playing for Spain when they won the world cup and Euros they would have attributed all the success to him and said he made the Spanish team complete as well. We know all these shenanigans already.
The narrative would have been he was carrying Spain. Infact the Spanish team success without Messi shows Barca would been just as successful with or without him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kholiwe(f): 9:19pm On May 15, 2020
Please just stop this 'Ronaldo de Lima' or ' Fat Ronaldo ' of a thing.

He's just 'Ronaldo' - the real one. Cristiano is 'C.Ronaldo' or 'CR7'. So just stop calling him DeLima.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:22pm On May 15, 2020
pkasso:
Segedinho dey always burst my brain with im juju yarns. Guy, i fit get some? grin

Segedinho, omo odo agba! grin
E get as e dey be when person dey argue blindly on wetin u don 1st per take on

I wasn't a good guy during my sec school days and thank God it ended there after enough advice and the negative attributes associated with it.

Presently,i have no business with juju but i can vouch on its efficacy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2020
pkasso:
Never thought i would live to see the day Nihilist defend Messi in a debate. As the High Priest of the Ororo fandom, what do you have to say about this treasonable act you've commited? grin
lol I think egbon nihi just like to ruffle the feathers of barkabots
Everybody knowz messi is the greatest of all time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:26pm On May 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I'm sure u know the almighty Guardiola confirmed these success u are talking about are attributable to him working with "Messi and the lads"

Guardiola only said what the press wanted to hear

Guardiola would've ended up as that new barca coach; at 61 yet to a cup, liked for his fancy style of play but nothing to show for it

Without Messi he already conquered the bundesliga and epl

Messi made that Guardiola Barca complete.

He should have made Maradona's Argentina complete too cheesy

No disrespect to Messi whatsoever.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:32pm On May 15, 2020
pkasso:

I've always said I consider Messi the 2nd best to ever do it. cheesy

Nah for real though, Messi is an incredible player and the most talented player to ever play the game in my eyes.

Ororo just has the extra seasoning that Messi does not and can never have. Killer Instinct. Big game performance. Knockout Stage God. Physical Presence. Arrogance. International Trophies. 2 international Trophies.

And that's the main reason why Ororo is greater than the talented choker.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 9:39pm On May 15, 2020
nihilistjnr:

I've always said I consider Messi the 2nd best to ever do it. cheesy

Nah for real though, Messi is an incredible player and the most talented player to ever play the game in my eyes.

Ororo just has the extra seasoning that Messi does not and can never have. Killer Instinct. Big game performance. Knockout Stage God. Physical Presence. Arrogance. International Trophies. 2 international Trophies.

And that's the main reason why Ororo is greater than the talented choker.
Meanwhile, you might want to check this out

https://www.givemesport.com/1568699-messi-vs-ronaldo-peter-crouch-gets-13-former-and-current-premier-league-players-to-settle-debate
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:40pm On May 15, 2020
popizaino:

He should have made Maradona's Argentina complete too cheesy

No disrespect to Messi whatsoever.

Maradona's Argentina?

Do u honestly think Maradona was a coach?

See below Maradona's bio as a coach both at club level and international level.In all honesty tell me if u believe IL Fenomeno would've helped olórí burúkú Maradona in any way better than Messi had done

Maradona actually has Messi to thank for taking a team he supposedly coached to the world cup and even winning matches at the world cup sef.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Herbiedeen(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2020
Greatihex:
since you have started lieing and saying ridiculous things, then this will be my last on this.

Nani scored their only goal against Iceland, scored the first against Hungary and scored against Wales. That is 3 goals.

Since you have decided to be ridiculous, even quaresma had more recognition than Ronaldo.
Ok,Nani has 3goals and 1 assist (4 out of 9)
Ronaldo has 3goals 3assists (6 out of 9)
Ronaldo has most MOTM in the tournament, he won the Silver Boot which he dashed out to Nani and was also in the Team of The Tournament

Tell me one personal achievement Nani has in that tournament

Infact, i'm tired of this argument
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:56pm On May 15, 2020
pkasso:
Meanwhile, you might want to check this out

https://www.givemesport.com/1568699-messi-vs-ronaldo-peter-crouch-gets-13-former-and-current-premier-league-players-to-settle-debate

That one na normal thing. Messi plays the game in a way that nobody else has ever played it.

But that one no mean say Ororo no senior am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2020
The reason I usually don't engage in the who is the better player comparisons/arguments is because both players being compared are usually very good players and the people arguing present personal opinions to undermine the opponents good player of which there isn't a mutually accepted judge so after the numerous back and forth, nobody accepts the others opinions and it just abruptly ends only for it to resume much later. cheesy cheesy so tiring.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:59pm On May 15, 2020
Swissh:

The narrative would have been he was carrying Spain. Infact the Spanish team success without Messi shows Barca would been just as successful with or without him.
Facts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:05pm On May 15, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Agreed! The exact reason why I've chosen de lima cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:05pm On May 15, 2020
Just stumbled on this thread in the Health section and i literally laughed to tears. The way those Hausa sex enhancers dey backfire ehn grin Guys, no be by force to turn Madingo grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5859283/sex-almost-died-after-using
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2020
simonjassy:
The Ronaldo That Appeared 31 Times For Sporting Cp scoring a measly 5 goals.
I used lisbon as a fodder team in winning eleven 7 and paulo bento was even more important than ronaldo.

You are scraping the barrel. Ronaldo was 17 at Lisbon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2020
randomperson:

Is Ronaldo really a better scorer of the ball than Messi? Messi scored 73 goals in a season and did not play exclusively as a No 9...

If he played as a poacher, the stats will be crazy

And when it comes to dribbling, Messi is still better... I've asked before and am asking again... Name a Ronaldo goal where he dribbled from the halfway line against a team sitting deep to score... I can name like 8 from memory

Ronaldo had one crazy goal against Compostela. I won't say they were sitting too deep though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2020
pkasso:
Just stumbled on this thread in the Health section and i literally laughed to tears. The way those Hausa sex enhancers dey backfire ehn grin Guys, no be by force to turn Madingo grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5859283/sex-almost-died-after-using

grin cheesy Na so the man for just die like that. People really need to be careful with taking all this aboki drugs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:13pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:16pm On May 15, 2020
Ibime:

I watched Ronaldo live at his peak in the 1990s. I did not miss a single match of his 1997/98 season.

Though I considered Ronaldo by far the best player of the 1990s, I can't lie to myself and compare him to Messi. Messi does almost twice what Ronaldo did with less space.

But e go sweet to see Messi collect those kicks from Serie A players without the protection he and others have been enjoying sha...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:19pm On May 15, 2020
randomperson:

Is Ronaldo really a better scorer of the ball than Messi? Messi scored 73 goals in a season and did not play exclusively as a No 9...

If he played as a poacher, the stats will be crazy

And when it comes to dribbling, Messi is still better... I've asked before and am asking again... Name a Ronaldo goal where he dribbled from the halfway line against a team sitting deep to score... I can name like 8 from memory

it will be interesting to see him play as a 9 tbh..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8862) (8863) (8864) (8865) (8866) (8867) (8868) ... (19620) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jodera, Trevor012(m), MeniMeni and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.