Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,065 members, 7,949,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (72541 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by aceyralph(m): 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
Emyo one day you will set Nairaland ablaze with your grammar-remember we are not in a law court. By the way, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and fuming zeal. Try also to have a general perspective that would stream from National level down to zonal so that every zone can follow along. This also will help each zone to link up easily and not be found wanting as regard cohesion in YAN aims and objectives. I appreciate you so so well
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 5:48am On Oct 19, 2012
Peaceworld:
Emyo, your zeal is appreciated here
thank you YanDA,
Peaceworld: but is there a need for president in your zone again? BTW you are the president in your zone...smiles...
hmm yeske, don knw 4 other zones o, but my zone wil b nidi an assiting coordinator, called President, who wil be appointed alongside the treasurer and mayb d secretary wit close proximity in location as they wil b signatories to d teams joint account.
Peaceworld: other zonal coordinators should please map out their own agendas.
oh yes please let us work, i appreciate u all. Its time to show wat we can do, we must al not b d YanDA to make effect.
Peaceworld: Sadly we still need to register before all this, else we will be looked on as an illegal association.
i beg to disagree. If u read through my modus, u wil c TeamYAN is no association but you n i co-authoring our books...do i need to b in an incooperated association to co-write with either u or whosever i pleases? Hell No! Its a team work dear, i have asked seriously and it' no illegal.
Peaceworld: Uniquexty, been trying to reach you on the fellow who has a script writer's academy in Enugu. He said he could help us with registration, but we need to know if he is still willing to do this
uniqesty shod ve his number, okay i get his number 4u, also seunpayne is also willing to b of help, here again am i saying i can b of help, if it is 2 done in Abuja..
Peaceworld: Just love your spirit, though try to break down your big big grammar for those of us still trying to enter this new world of writing
you? I laugh! Published author like u. Wait have edited and pasted diz on our f.b group not page o, bcuz, when u begin to sound like diz, i fear 4 my imperfect me. You call grammertical error and spelling err as big big grammer? Publicity Manager, please copy d edited version 4rm our f.b group, n use ur lappy to edit my flaws and paste diz as my zonal publicity on our fanpage please, i dnt want to do dat myself as dat wil b trespasin on ur duty
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:03am On Oct 19, 2012
aceyralph: Emyo one day you will set Nairaland ablaze with your grammar-remember we are not in a law court. By the way, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and fuming zeal. Try also to have a general perspective that would stream from National level down to zonal so that every zone can follow along. This also will help each zone to link up easily and not be found wanting as regard cohesion in YAN aims and objectives. I appreciate you so so well
thanks dear. Like for the up up thinking u said, ha No o, dat one na peaceworld own o, al i can do iz suggest to him privately kpam. But 4 my zone hahahaha, i wil try as much as i can to put yan general objective into my targets. BTW, ar u ready 4 january 2013? Uniqesty were u d? Zonal coordinators, yes we can.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by odoguigbo: 8:30am On Oct 19, 2012
My money!

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2012
odoguigbo: My money!
oyi ibo. Ayi bu ofu. Call me 081341483998 let sorth it owt. Btw, who is d girl u paid to. If u hav d fear of God in you and u have plans and projects in ur life, u wil know how to go abot diz. Pls do cal or flash me pls.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2012
Tell somebody to tell somebody to try to generate income!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2012
odoguigbo: My money!

Seriously, scaringly brilliant!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2012
Oga DailyNews, have you checked your inbox? Have sent my novel as an epub to your email. Hw abt Bookworm? Hw do I get them? Do they have a website? A journalist in Abuja has bn asking me if I culd attend a radio talkshow on behalf of YAN, but seriously tied down here. Who is in Abuja rt nw? Will also ask Phiozy if she culd attend it.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
Journalist? After goin 2ru dis thread, a journalist and author who's got big dreams for literal works here in Abj actually called me few days ago, and wanted to knw if we cld all work 2geda, because his aims and goals are kinda related to YANs(I dnt knw if he's d one u'r referrin 2 here).. He shared certain wonderful ideas, and I really felt lyk..wow! (inexplicable). He said he was goin 2 send them to my email, and I'd 4ward dem to you PW, so u peruse on it, and get back to me. @Luke, pls expect a call 4rm him, because he's supposed to deal directly wt u cins u'r d NC cordinator.
Emyo made real sense about d joint publication, remember wat we all had in mind wen we first started, and it seems lyk d CAC reg has caused a lot of distractions lately. We intended gettin sum of d best works submitted, reviewd and published and I dnt tink a joint publication is illegal.
While working on d CAC reg, lets all come togeda and see hw we cn startoff, we already hav our editors and odas...#wonderin wat else is holdin us back bsyd d cac reg#...
We can start submittin our literal works to the editors, but only wen the president says we shld(really hopin it'd b soon). Who knws, by d tym we r ready to publish it, d associatn myt hv bn registrd fully... For now, lets get startd wt sumtin.
Remembr its d zeal and passion we all had wen we 1st startd dat has brought up thus far,pls dnt let it fade away..
@Uniquexty, stil waitin for my e-mail o..lol
@d guy demandin for his money, pls I'm really sorry for the 'stagnancy' recently, dis is no scam! Buh if u stil need ur money back, do as Uniquexty requestd, and if indeed ur frnd is a registerd member, ur money wld be refunded in no time.
Wishin y'al a gr8 weekend!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by odoguigbo: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
A journalist that couldn't comment here? How did he get your number? I don't have anything against your organization(to be), far be it from me. Of course you and I know that N1000 is nothing, just that a beautiful thread you guys created for good reasons suddenly became a sheer turn off, big time. It became a battle field where people come to unleash their anger/grudges that would ordinarily have nothing to do with the sole objective of your unanimous effort. And when called to order, everybody crawls back to his/her shell. No relevant contributions, no updates.

You have no idea how happy I was when I first saw you guys making progress and my willingness to make my little contribution through my friend but like a coin with many sides, the whole thing soon turned so nettlesome. Many big organizations started like this in western countries. So your YAN, if succeeded, wouldn't be the first of it's kind.

My friend went for her transcript in Ghana. I think she is still one of you except if she thinks otherwise. Either way, forget about refunding the registration fee. At least if my request does not achieve any other thing, it seems to have, to an extent revived your enthusiasm.

Do not bother to reply me because I'll not view this thread again. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best of luck. I pray for huge success upon your project. Regards!

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
D chicken has lost its teeth. @all, welcome 2 a new thread. Wot wil it cost 2 purge and wash dis thread of all d filt dat made it worthles nd boring? @phiozy, i'v bin damn busy. Ama do dat asap. Pls follow up d journalist. Its a gud start.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 12:08am On Oct 21, 2012
Phiozy: Journalist? After goin 2ru dis thread, a journalist and author who's got big dreams for literal works here in Abj actually called me few days ago, and wanted to knw if we cld all work 2geda, because his aims and goals are kinda related to YANs(I dnt knw if he's d one u'r referrin 2 here).. He shared certain wonderful ideas, and I really felt lyk..wow! (inexplicable). He said he was goin 2 send them to my email, and I'd 4ward dem to you PW, so u peruse on it, and get back to me. @Luke, pls expect a call 4rm him, because he's supposed to deal directly wt u cins u'r d NC cordinator.
Emyo made real sense about d joint publication, remember wat we all had in mind wen we first started, and it seems lyk d CAC reg has caused a lot of distractions lately. We intended gettin sum of d best works submitted, reviewd and published and I dnt tink a joint publication is illegal.
While working on d CAC reg, lets all come togeda and see hw we cn startoff, we already hav our editors and odas...#wonderin wat else is holdin us back bsyd d cac reg#...
We can start submittin our literal works to the editors, but only wen the president says we shld(really hopin it'd b soon). Who knws, by d tym we r ready to publish it, d associatn myt hv bn registrd fully... For now, lets get startd wt sumtin.
Remembr its d zeal and passion we all had wen we 1st startd dat has brought up thus far,pls dnt let it fade away..
@Uniquexty, stil waitin for my e-mail o..lol
@d guy demandin for his money, pls I'm really sorry for the 'stagnancy' recently, dis is no scam! Buh if u stil need ur money back, do as Uniquexty requestd, and if indeed ur frnd is a registerd member, ur money wld be refunded in no time.
Wishin y'al a gr8 weekend!

Yes dear...that's the guy. Would you have time to attend it? Nice way of publicity for us...and trust me, we do need members since more of these will help us raise funds for CAC and our first anthology...anyway, I have some good news to share...the new facebook page I opened for my graphic novel, THE LAST CONSORT, is attracting more likes by the day! People as far as India and the USA are liking it on a daily bases, and funny enough, I haven't even finished this comic book version of the novel with the same name! You can check out the fb page here...

www.facebook.com/TheLastConsort

Please like the page if you love what you see on this page. and go ahead n enjoy the story and keep coming back for updates since the comic pages will be up to 3000+ when the book is finished!

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
I understand how disappointed people are with this course. I started this project with great ambition, but unfortunately, things went wrong along the line, and I must take part of the blame for some of my wrong actions, please I want to apologize to everyone viewing this thread and to all members too, do forgive my actions.

As the initiator, I know people expect much from me, and I know my inactive participation of recent had also affected the progress of this project YAN, but I want to reassure us once again that ALL WILL BE WELL AGAIN! Just believe me this time.

I had been out of Lagos on coy assignment, and had been out of internet service too. But I am somehow back.

If anyone is really interested to be a part of YAN, the person must be up and doing, the person must be prepared to sacrifice, to pay some hard prize for good, to work with YAN with all diligence, enthusiasm & faith; if anyone amongst us lacks these features, pls I would suggest the person drops now. If the person is a registered member, pls I wouldn't mind refunding the person his/her registration fee of 1000naira from my own personal pocket. I can never be a part of fraud, its a promise I made to myself & my God. If I have fraudulent nature in me, I would have made millions if not billions through it with the opportunities I have had to deal with both big Nigerians & foreigners who trusted me with their hard earned money. So pls let no one think fraud here pls and pls.

This initiative was founded to promote young Nigerians who have passion for literature but have not had the opportunity of getting published due to the rigorous nature of traditional publishing of recent. It was never founded to deceive people, or to defraud or mislead anyone. I once faced the challenge of getting published when I was a teen and I lost my all time novel manuscript that would have brought me to limelight cos I wrote it when I was a teen, & it was thrilling but couldn't publish it cos I was young & knew nothing, so remembering such, I knew there are thousands of young people out there with similar story, and most end up a dead dream, so I thought of initiating something to bring young Nigerians together in joint effort to conquer this mountain. And the mission remains in tact.

I want to rekindle your spirits once again, pls lets work together again to make this vision a reality. But we must be ready to sacrifice a lot this time.

1. We must be registered with CAC pls
2. We must launch the association officially in the shortest period of time
3. We must publish our anthology of short stories, excellent & thrilling stories only

How do we achieve this?

I need 5 to 6 volunteers ready to sacrifice with me 20,000naira each mainly for the CAC registration. This is a sacrificial non-refundable donation. This is aside registration fee of 1000naira.

If you can do this, pls indicate here. Between now & November 10th. I will be pasting this on our official fan page tomorrow or next when I am fully back.

If I succeed in getting 5 other volunteers, that means we will have 120,000naira to fund the CAC registration, which will be more than enough.

Concerning the radio invite, pls peaceworld, lets hold first, lets organize our house first before making further steps outside else we may crumble pls. Lets all get busy now, we need to brace up.

Lest I forget, I must commend the following members:

Peaceworld, you are amazing, I thank God for giving me the insight to working with you.
Emyo, my main man, my amazing, ever spirited lol....in fact u are indescribable emma. we started this course together, and you had been an inspiration, thanks...I won't disappoint you, and I promise not to be like Moses, smiles.
Uniquexty, Uniquexty, Uniquexty...speechless.
Phiozy, who said we can't have another Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie emanating from YAN? Phiozy, you are an amazing lady, pls keep it up.
Sunical, I know you must be disappointed with me, I know, pls be inspired again, I trust you, we need that burning spirit in you once again, pls come back, we must deliver this promise baby successfully.
Ralph, you had been another catalyst of recent, your intervention is awesome & timely, welcome onboard man smiley

Collins, et al...pls you guys shouldn't be disappointed, I take the blame, & I promise to awaken the dream once again. In life, there must be a mistake; every great person must encounter what we witnessed here, and YAN cant be an exception. I too, made a mistake & I wholeheartedly accept my mistake & would like us to pls forgive me & forget it & lets move on progressively as one YANNERs.

Cuddlemi, on behalf of all YAN members & aspiring members, I want to sincerely thank you for the great understanding, and to Seun Osewa, we say thank you, and more power to your elbow smiley

It is my sincere prayer this day, that God Almighty in His infinite mercy grant us all the grace & wisdom to pilot & finish this great vision we initiated, so help us God!

Thank you all & welcome back onboard.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
Peaceworld, thanks for the epub copy, I am yet to check my email anyway. But pls, I travel a lot, most times, I am on transit, pls can I have an hard cover copy of the novel? How much will it cost me? I want to also encourage other members to pls patronize Peaceworld's novel: The Black Book, jointly we can elevate ourselves for our individual good.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
DailyNews: Peaceworld, thanks for the epub copy, I am yet to check my email anyway. But pls, I travel a lot, most times, I am on transit, pls can I have an hard cover copy of the novel? How much will it cost me? I want to also encourage other members to pls patronize Peaceworld's novel: The Black Book, jointly we can elevate ourselves for our individual good.
Novel is 3k and can forward you a copy i got from Amazon the other day when you pay into my account number

UKACHUKWU CHIDUBE GEORGE,
DIAMOND BANK, SAVINGS.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
DailyNews: I understand how disappointed people are with this course. I started this project with great ambition, but unfortunately, things went wrong along the line, and I must take part of the blame for some of my wrong actions, please I want to apologize to everyone viewing this thread and to all members too, do forgive my actions.

As the initiator, I know people expect much from me, and I know my inactive participation of recent had also affected the progress of this project YAN, but I want to reassure us once again that ALL WILL BE WELL AGAIN! Just believe me this time.

I had been out of Lagos on coy assignment, and had been out of internet service too. But I am somehow back.

If anyone is really interested to be a part of YAN, the person must be up and doing, the person must be prepared to sacrifice, to pay some hard prize for good, to work with YAN with all diligence, enthusiasm & faith; if anyone amongst us lacks these features, pls I would suggest the person drops now. If the person is a registered member, pls I wouldn't mind refunding the person his/her registration fee of 1000naira from my own personal pocket. I can never be a part of fraud, its a promise I made to myself & my God. If I have fraudulent nature in me, I would have made millions if not billions through it with the opportunities I have had to deal with both big Nigerians & foreigners who trusted me with their hard earned money. So pls let no one think fraud here pls and pls.

This initiative was founded to promote young Nigerians who have passion for literature but have not had the opportunity of getting published due to the rigorous nature of traditional publishing of recent. It was never founded to deceive people, or to defraud or mislead anyone. I once faced the challenge of getting published when I was a teen and I lost my all time novel manuscript that would have brought me to limelight cos I wrote it when I was a teen, & it was thrilling but couldn't publish it cos I was young & knew nothing, so remembering such, I knew there are thousands of young people out there with similar story, and most end up a dead dream, so I thought of initiating something to bring young Nigerians together in joint effort to conquer this mountain. And the mission remains in tact.

I want to rekindle your spirits once again, pls lets work together again to make this vision a reality. But we must be ready to sacrifice a lot this time.

1. We must be registered with CAC pls
2. We must launch the association officially in the shortest period of time
3. We must publish our anthology of short stories, excellent & thrilling stories only

How do we achieve this?

I need 5 to 6 volunteers ready to sacrifice with me 20,000naira each mainly for the CAC registration. This is a sacrificial non-refundable donation. This is aside registration fee of 1000naira.

If you can do this, pls indicate here. Between now & November 10th. I will be pasting this on our official fan page tomorrow or next when I am fully back.

If I succeed in getting 5 other volunteers, that means we will have 120,000naira to fund the CAC registration, which will be more than enough.

Concerning the radio invite, pls peaceworld, lets hold first, lets organize our house first before making further steps outside else we may crumble pls. Lets all get busy now, we need to brace up.

Lest I forget, I must commend the following members:

Peaceworld, you are amazing, I thank God for giving me the insight to working with you.
Emyo, my main man, my amazing, ever spirited lol....in fact u are indescribable emma. we started this course together, and you had been an inspiration, thanks...I won't disappoint you, and I promise not to be like Moses, smiles.
Uniquexty, Uniquexty, Uniquexty...speechless.
Phiozy, who said we can't have another Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie emanating from YAN? Phiozy, you are an amazing lady, pls keep it up.
Sunical, I know you must be disappointed with me, I know, pls be inspired again, I trust you, we need that burning spirit in you once again, pls come back, we must deliver this promise baby successfully.
Ralph, you had been another catalyst of recent, your intervention is awesome & timely, welcome onboard man smiley

Collins, et al...pls you guys shouldn't be disappointed, I take the blame, & I promise to awaken the dream once again. In life, there must be a mistake; every great person must encounter what we witnessed here, and YAN cant be an exception. I too, made a mistake & I wholeheartedly accept my mistake & would like us to pls forgive me & forget it & lets move on progressively as one YANNERs.

Cuddlemi, on behalf of all YAN members & aspiring members, I want to sincerely thank you for the great understanding, and to Seun Osewa, we say thank you, and more power to your elbow smiley

It is my sincere prayer this day, that God Almighty in His infinite mercy grant us all the grace & wisdom to pilot & finish this great vision we initiated, so help us God!

Thank you all & welcome back onboard.

Please you heard the founder peeps...anyone who can donate to push us forward is highly welcome here. Personally I'm afraid I cannot make a donation now cuz I've got so many commitments, but whoever can do this will be highly appreciated. Our problem is CAC...Uniquexty, I'm still waiting for the script writer guy's number o...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 12:04am On Oct 22, 2012
Peaceworld:

Yes dear...that's the guy. Would you have time to attend it? Nice way of publicity for us...and trust me, we do need members since more of these will help us raise funds for CAC and our first anthology...anyway, I have some good news to share...the new facebook page I opened for my graphic novel, THE LAST CONSORT, is attracting more likes by the day! People as far as India and the USA are liking it on a daily bases, and funny enough, I haven't even finished this comic book version of the novel with the same name! You can check out the fb page here...

www.facebook.com/TheLastConsort

Please like the page if you love what you see on this page. and go ahead n enjoy the story and keep coming back for updates since the comic pages will be up to 3000+ when the book is finished!

You can now download the pdf version of my graphic novel's prologue for free via this link:

http://www.4shared.com/office/FCjaI7Js/LastConsortPrologue.html?

Some pages of this wonderful story are displayed below for your viewing pleasure....
Please note that all images posted here are already copyright protected in the US...

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Can that other gist be done outside here?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
YANpolice needed
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 5:36am On Oct 23, 2012
Uniquexty: YANpolice needed

Anyway peeps, in order to foster friendship across YAN, please remember I'm a book reviewer and I review for free! This is in order to assist young authors in Nigeria and I have a string of people I have helped from NL here, You can email me your stories

mailgeorgeshadow@yahoo.com

Note that a review is not the same thing as an edit.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2012
I saw an association, with a clear writing constitution cum a stable executives.
Registered and incooperated into cooperate affairs commission, (c.a.c).
With a theme; mitigating the burden-bridge found in writers and publishers relationship cycle.

Good day my fellow authors, my name remain Emyo D Cosmoe; address me otherwise and i sue you for name defamation.

Its a writing, dedicated to commitment.

i dare you all faithfulls of yan..characters in yan' dream to follow me in waking up from slumber.

Now is the time for us to show that, it' not for YANDA (YAN DIRECTOR OF AFFAIRS) alone to put us to work, but we all to put 'us to perfection'.

If you shy away from tangible and reasonable suggestions or inputs. Bore it in mind that you killed an association from birth.

A nobel author
among us have been sharing opinion with dailynews and peaceworld, i was the latter to hearing his suggestions.
I appreciated his inputs and in my words i put them forward.

Having in mind that this association can stand out without Nairaland' lousy 'citizens' and unmoderated moderators.
Fallacy of truth.
I tell you, young authors of nigeria will forever be indebted to and be held responsible to ingratitude or ungratefullness.
If we fail to appreciate and recognise the support and tolerance the entire nairaland officials have given us.
Hold yourself ignorant of that, not me.

Nairaland is a very large but simple forum of the nigeria people, by the nigeria people and for the nigeria people.
The above description is a misconstrued conception, if i limit nairaland audience to a geographical habitation,
anything said,
done and
appreciated here is gone world wide as far as the internet reaches.

Money, Money. Is all we could fault in our bid to realization of this potential association.
Have we sat to question our general commitment, the averal seriousness, average readiness and sincere truth demanded of us?
Have we but came to terms with what our name is to every nigerian youth who have heard or seen our thread?

I for one, will never put any materialist support forward for an ungratefull association that have not proved it worth. What is the personality people see in this association?

Kai cuddlemi have tolerated alot, nairaland have been of great support.

Now that we know. We are duty bound to reciprocate the goodness of nairaland and to really assure every nigeria youths that we are ready and competent to manage every drop of a resourses to achieve even the least of our purpose.

It is done on us to check out his (thiscount) suggestions in my words.

Yan update thread
Isn't it a thing of joy to wake up every morning and be updated about yan, without having to see derailers at work?
This thread should be opened by dailynews or as appointed by the board YanDA in the dairy section. So it will be an official page without replys from anybody.
This is possible because only appointed few can reply in diary section.
The publicity manager should also make use of emails and phone numbers in sending notification and updates to members.

Let us not hide under the lacuna found in the registration of c.a.c to perpetuate laziness and undirected directionalism.
A public opinion should be sorted for via a thread asking members and general public to come up with a trusted lawyer,
cost and procedure of incooperating this association, amd finally give the Preponderance of pros and cons, if we are to register it our self or get a lawyer to do it.
This will go a long way to show that everybody is carried along. I did find out from a lawyer yesterday.
I hope dailynews also did.
Phiozy is yet to tell us her findings from abuja, were i was made to believe she went.

In that same vain, when we have multiply of choice to choose from, peaceworld constitution should be adopted and made standard.

It will be no futile project if we embark on
'yan tori'

A thread for short thriller, part or few chapters of our short stories or novels and literal articles.
This proposed thread will come with a time table for each zones.
Say in a certain month four zones take each week to paste a short thriller, part or few chapters of their zones' short stories or novels and literal articles for other members to work on, review, edit, and appreciate.
To avoid bias, name of authors will be withheld.
We are writers as well as learners, mods will be helping us in deleting derailers.

Yan lecture, is an interesting suggestion that other nairalander' will appreciate.
We should seek for professors of english and literary studies, lecturers and specialized editors, reviewers cum authors who will on a given time come online to show us improved standards in writing.
This is an interactive learning session for authors and potential writers.

I know we ve' got calibers of intellectuals on nairaland.
It will be fun to be associated with learning and writing.
We learn, Nairaland also learn.

On a final note, i agreed with him that it is no fallacy that our thread have been over used, as new members will not be able to read through all the pages, also it has be derailed many times, this then make Yan Update thread long over due.
As it is expected to be under dairy section were no reply will be entertained.

We can rename this present thread to Yan Chat Center. Even my girlfriend and i can come here to fun play.

Up YAN TORY thread..stories tellers one on one.

Up YAN LECTURE thread...we learn, nairaland learn.

Long live YAN UPDATE thread...sanity is our pride.

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by YanSouthEast: 6:51am On Oct 25, 2012
Just as expected.
Yan South-East have come to stay on nairaland.
For easy disseminational of information effecting Yan South-East.
We all are not ignorant of the slow pace.

Yan South-EAST is reassuring everybody of their comitment and readiness towards achieving her Zonal Proggrams outlined earlier by emyo.

Yan South-East members are ever ready to work with YanDA and Yan National.
We are ready to work as at when called.

Yan South-EAST official email is

teamyans@gmail.com.

Just like Emyo, this zones coordinator said in his zonal speech, Yan south-east starts his official program by January.

Never the less, let us go out to seek answers to

1. How get incooperated.
2. Is it better to let a lawyer do it for us.
3. What is the total cost, if either we or the lawyer incooperates YAN.

Also i call on our members to keep the spirit, seek for more members and finally follow and like this nairaland handle called

yan south-east

so has to get post asap.

Stay blessed.

Yours, Acting zone s.e, P.R.O,
emyo D Cosmoe.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2012
Hi guys, Phiozy says we need up to 35k in order to register CAC in Abuja. I think we can do this with a 2k levy for all members. Sec what's our member strength? We need to know this in order to know hw much to levy ourselves. Uniquexty pls tell Chioma that I need a comprehensive list of members, including those who haven't paid any membership fee. Can u come to Owerri so that I can sign the account doc? Will refund your t fair if you decide to.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2012
Peaceworld: Hi guys, Phiozy says we need up to 35k in order to register CAC in Abuja. I think we can do this with a 2k levy for all members. Sec what's our member strength? We need to know this in order to know hw much to levy ourselves. Uniquexty pls tell Chioma that I need a comprehensive list of members, including those who haven't paid any membership fee. Can u come to Owerri so that I can sign the account doc? Will refund your t fair if you decide to.
Good to ve u.
I gues u ve read my post and thiscount applauded post.
If uniqesty is 2 cum 2 owerri, who wil incooperat us in abuja.
I also request that the proces, which wil resolve to 35k should b clearly started 4us to c.
Good constitution and at least public advert on 2 national dailies is need 4 c.a.c.

Having said that i went through the reason behind the journalist request and it was okay. We need to start a relationship wit him, during d interview we wil have d chance to sell out, he has almost same objectiv we us, so who knows...let one or two people be briefed on how d interview wil luk like

Finaly, peaceworld, u can neglect us 4 al i care, but dnt let YAN cat walk wit u. Mehn, u d president, if u ve no agenders, start with Thiscount suggestions, we have alot of points spread acros al 53 pages, pick 4rm there, giv directives if u ar too busy to do dem delegate the responsibility.

U nid leadership qualities, diplomates and smartnex.

Again, if i emyo fear to paste my own zonal speech on our fanpage, to respect protocoles, i c no reason y u advertise on that same f.b fanpage, is dat y u requested to b made admin?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2012
Peaceworld: Hi guys, Phiozy says we need up to 35k in order to register CAC in Abuja. I think we can do this with a 2k levy for all members. Sec what's our member strength? We need to know this in order to know hw much to levy ourselves. Uniquexty pls tell Chioma that I need a comprehensive list of members, including those who haven't paid any membership fee. Can u come to Owerri so that I can sign the account doc? Will refund your t fair if you decide to.

Just 35k? I don't want to personalize this association, therefore, I go with peaceworld's suggestion of a random 2k levy, but then, if every other member agrees to pay the 2k levy, I volunteer to pay 5k instead to make things move swiftly and smoothly.

I want to hear your views on this, pls come on out and air your opinions...

Nice move once again...smiley
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2012
Emyo:
Good to ve u.
I gues u ve read my post and thiscount applauded post.
If uniqesty is 2 cum 2 owerri, who wil incooperat us in abuja.
I also request that the proces, which wil resolve to 35k should b clearly started 4us to c.
Good constitution and at least public advert on 2 national dailies is need 4 c.a.c.

Having said that i went through the reason behind the journalist request and it was okay. We need to start a relationship wit him, during d interview we wil have d chance to sell out, he has almost same objectiv we us, so who knows...let one or two people be briefed on how d interview wil luk like

Finaly, peaceworld, u can neglect us 4 al i care, but dnt let YAN cat walk wit u. Mehn, u d president, if u ve no agenders, start with Thiscount suggestions, we have alot of points spread acros al 53 pages, pick 4rm there, giv directives if u ar too busy to do dem delegate the responsibility.

U nid leadership qualities, diplomates and smartnex.

Again, if i emyo fear to paste my own zonal speech on our fanpage, to respect protocoles, i c no reason y u advertise on that same f.b fanpage, is dat y u requested to b made admin?

Oh yes, definitely we need to work with him, but then, we need to first organize our house pls...we need to be registered as a legal entity before further moves can be made. We need the 35k ASAP...I love your ever spirited spirit towards this vision, it awakens me even when I feel like giving up, for now, all I can say is thank you.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
DailyNews:

Oh yes, definitely we need to work with him, but then, we need to first organize our house pls...we need to be registered as a legal entity before further moves can be made. We need the 35k ASAP...I love your ever spirited spirit towards this vision, it awakens me even when I feel like giving up, for now, all I can say is thank you.
dailynews, al thanks to u and uniqeusty.
Please o...am saying it here o, i 4 one, can not pay a dime into anybodys acount without a purpose.
I dont even have,
please i'm resumin school by 5th november and my dad is sourcin 4 60k so i can go to school, u all know dis flood effected our farm investments.

peaceworld how do u indend to use 35k, on what and what?
Transport fare d inside dat bodget?
If some pay and some didnt, and the money raised is not up to 35k, what do we do?
If at the end of c.a.c, how do we raise more money 4 other programs?
Yan Board, if somebody gives u 500k, how do u use it?
What is our purpose here?
What is peaceworld agenders, were would he b doing as yanda to make us achieve our aim?

You guys shine ye Eyes o.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Yea. Finanly have got somebody in abuja in whom will can entrust this burden on.
He wil soon brief us on the proceedures and cost, including his profesional elewi.

anyother person with better option can put it up 4us to c

Like phiozy finding in abuja started that, the cost is 35k.
Please she should also brief us on the total break down of the supposed fee, 35k.

Every other person can giv us his/her other options.

The earlier d better.
My option wil soon be here to brief us on the cost and how he intend to register on our behalf.

Though he stays in abuja, he hails 4rm kogi, phoizy is in abuja, so is sir. Ayuba, and seunpayne. So things wil work fine with him.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by viazi: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
Good day all, I wish to clarify issues as it relates to the Registration @ CAC. But we must first have an understanding that I am not here to Solicit for Job, so please let there be no insult on my reputation.
By way of Intro, I am the Principal Partner of HYBRID SOLICITORS with Law Office @ Abuja Central Business District and my area of expertise amongst others is Corporate Practice. By virtue of my Professional calling i hereby present to the house the detailed and current procedure and financial implication for Registration of your noble Association under Part C of the Companies & Allied Matters Act CAP C20 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

Availability of Name search---This is to ensure that the name does not clash with any existing Association, this is to avoid misleading the general public, the legal principle is called PASSING OFF.

Newspaper Publication in 2 National Dailies--- the name of the Association and Names of Trustees must be published inviting the public to raise their objection to the Registration of the Associatn if any, the period of 29 days after publication is reserved for this.

Incorporated Trusteees form must be filled appropriately----it contains names and objectives of the , impression of the Common seal, Names of Trustees and their Passport photographs and other legal jargons that I need not bother U guys with

Trustee Declaration Form for each Trusteese.

The Constitution of the Association----simply specifies in detail how the Association shall be governed, it is the Bible of the Association.

Iron Seal---Official seal of the Association to be impressed on all official documentation.

FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS

official filing fees----22,000
2 Newspaper Publications---50,000
Iron Seal------5,000
Trustee Declaration----500 Naira fo each Trustee
Incorporation Form-----1000 Naira
Professional Fees-----30,000

If am doing it, I will do it for =N=100,000.

Remember am not soliciting for Brief, so there should be no insult or disrespectful comments. for further inquirie hit me up on gtalk or mail me at the following address, am always online and ready to give free legal advice to the humble and respectful.

viaziconcepts@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Now we have to look at his break down above.

Earlier on facebook i pasted what i could google out with was 22k.

Also the advert in 2 dailies ve also said that countles of times, that was y i requested to know how 35k is intended to be used.

Who else has better options.
If not YanDA do consider caling him, ve done that already,
I think the 30k fee is negotiable,

Trusting this guy, i think we ve got close proxy yanners arround abuja,
I for one, will check on him, maybe phiozy and anybody willing can also join.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by ANALIST: 11:57am On Oct 26, 2012
I love it and hope to join the group. Thatnks
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
ANALIST: I love it and hope to join the group. Thatnks
we wil b glad to have u. You welcum. You consistency is needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (68) (Reply)

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Roomates / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.