Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Szczesny Vows Not To Leave Until Arsenal Win Something...interesting! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Szczesny Vows Not To Leave Until Arsenal Win Something...interesting! (706 Views)

Pics : Nigeria's Akpom & Okocha's nephew Star in Arsenal's Win Over Singapore / Say Something Interesting About Your Club / Asamoah Gyan Vows Not To Take Penalty For Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Szczesny Vows Not To Leave Until Arsenal Win Something...interesting! by imoleayo55(m): 5:21am On Apr 22, 2012
Wojciech Szczesny has vowed not to leave Arsenal until the club start winning trophies again.

Seven years have now passed since the Gunners last tasted silverware – a penalty shootout victory over Manchester United in the 2005 FA Cup final at the Millennium Stadium.

And Szczesny, who has been one of the north Londoners' outstanding performers this season, is determined to stay and bring back the glory days to the club.

"I can't imagine myself in the next few years' time playing anywhere other than here,” he said.

β€œIn fact, I won't move until we win something.

"Recently, one of the journalists asked me whether I have bigger ambitions than playing for the third place in the Premier League with Arsenal. God, sure I have! I look at the table and realise that is our maximum this year.

"It is seven years since Arsenal won something and it won't change this season. But the next one? Who knows?

"I stand in front of a mirror and say to myself: 'Damn, I'm interested in winning trophies only with Arsenal.'

"I want to be part of the team that show fans the bad times are over. I won't leave until we achieve this."

Seems this is his way of saying he will be around for a long time to come or retire in Arsenal's colors....Good luck

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/04/15/3038031/szczesny-i-wont-leave-until-arsenal-win-something
Re: Szczesny Vows Not To Leave Until Arsenal Win Something...interesting! by mkmyers45(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2012
Im go old...he was 14 when arsenal won thier last trophy

(1) (Reply)

Meet Oduamadi: Nigeria's Hat Trick Hero / Jairo Pachon:super Eagles Has No World Class Player / Nigeria And 22 Other Countries Set For Brazil 2014 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.