Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,712 members, 7,914,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:47 PM

Nigeria - Yar'adua Revokes Obasanjo Land. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Yar'adua Revokes Obasanjo Land. (802 Views)

FG Revokes Licences Of ABC Transport Courier, Nine Others / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Oshiomhole Revokes Igbinedion, Others’ 101,548 Hectares Of Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - Yar'adua Revokes Obasanjo Land. by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2007
The federal government today revoked the ownership of 38 plots of land belonging to influential people in Asokoro area of Abuja.

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo is believed to have lost their land titles by the decision.

President Umaru Yar'Adua as well as former governors and ministers were also affected by the decision.

The former governors affected are Joshua Dariye (Plateau), Ahmed Makarfi (Kaduna), Adamu Aliero (Kebbi), Adamu Muazu (Bauchi), Adeniyi

Adebayo (Ekiti), Adebayo Adefarati (Ondo) and Ahmed Sani (Zamfara).

The revocation, which was approved by the Federal Executive Council chaired by the president, also affected Mrs Kema Chikwe,Ebitimi Banigo, Titi Ajanaku, Mohammed Shata and Lawan Guba, all former ministers

http://www.rebornradio.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=466
Re: Nigeria - Yar'adua Revokes Obasanjo Land. by babasin(m): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2007
This is a good move but it is not yet finished,

El Rufai should be charged to court for illegal allocation of lands to people who did not ask for it while he was breaking innocent masses houses in Abuja.
Re: Nigeria - Yar'adua Revokes Obasanjo Land. by chidichris(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2007
this goes a long way to question the credibilities of those who worked with obj.
el rufai of all people, the worthy hitman of FCT. what a shame?
i am yet to understand in full details what it means to cancel contracts and call them illegal or revoke lands allocated to individuals for not been lawfully given to them.
if the above two mean what i think, it is supposed to go with some punishments and yet non seems to go towards that direction.
for a man who allocates oil wells, gov lands, award contracts, appoint rulers and leaders at will without thinking about the constitution of the country which he swore to protect, i really cannot make any meaning out of all these if till now, nobody i mean nobody has seen evidence enough to bring such a lunatic to books, i still feel we are yet under the influence of nollywood.
the much talked about el rufai with this development could been seen as a paid labourer and if things continue this way, sooner than later, all of us will see reasons to call for ribadu's head.
i think i need some lucid interpretation of this word corruption and the war against corruption in nigeria if obj is not corrupt.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Loses Out To Scotland To Host The 2014 Commonwealth Games / Al Qaeda Suspects Arrested In Nigeria: Police / Help With A Project From Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.