Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,316 members, 7,943,774 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

CATFISH FEEDING. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / CATFISH FEEDING. (2569 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CATFISH FEEDING. by transponder: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
Good afternoon,
Please does any one know how many bags of feed i will need to feed 3,000 juvenile catfish for the 1st month, and what size am to start with, i will be stocking next week, kindly put me through please.
Re: CATFISH FEEDING. by fm7070: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2012
Firstly, catfish is not try and error game, one silly mistake will ruin you.
get a consultant or a mentor who will put you through all teh stages.
I think the problem with people is that they don't want to pay.
Well, if you think knowledge is expensive... you'll have yourself to blame.

Regarding your question. The best feed in market now is Coppens. Fish love it so much. Followed by Durante Feeds.
The size for juvenile is 2.0 mm.
However, you need to sort them immediately, the shoot-outs should be able to swallow 3.0mm

First one month, they will consume nothing less than 4-5bags normally
Second month, be ready for like 10bags
Re: CATFISH FEEDING. by transponder: 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
PLEASE, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE OF FEED I WILL GIVE JUVENILE IN THE FIRST MONTH, THEY WILL BE FIVE WEEKS OLD WHEN I STOCK.
AND HOW MANY BAGS OF FEED SHOULD I BUY TO FEED 3,000 FISHES.
PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE.
Re: CATFISH FEEDING. by ayosat(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2012
Using this opportunity to wish everyone MERRY XMAS and prosperous NEW YEAR.
Re: CATFISH FEEDING. by keystone123(m): 10:40am On Jan 11, 2013
transponder: PLEASE, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE OF FEED I WILL GIVE JUVENILE IN THE FIRST MONTH, THEY WILL BE FIVE WEEKS OLD WHEN I STOCK.
AND HOW MANY BAGS OF FEED SHOULD I BUY TO FEED 3,000 FISHES.
PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE.
It depend on your location. If you live in lagos or ibadan I can direct you on where you can get it cheaper and they will answer all your question.

(1) (Reply)

9 Million Naira Pure Profit.....own A Plantain Plantation Today / A Rabbit Colony In Kaduna / NPG The New Fraudsters In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.