Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Do Not Labor 4 D Food Which Perishes, But 4 D Food Which Endures To Eternal Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Labor 4 D Food Which Perishes, But 4 D Food Which Endures To Eternal Life (637 Views)

The Way To Eternal Life According To Jesus / How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / God's Love Is Great And Endures Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Labor 4 D Food Which Perishes, But 4 D Food Which Endures To Eternal Life by naslinks(m): 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
MEDITATION OF THE DAY(Scripture: John 6:22-29)
THEME:Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life.

What do you most hunger for – wealth, peace, health, love, the good life? Jesus addressed this issue with those who sought him after the miracle of the multiplication of the loaves. Were they simply hungry for things which satisfy the body or for that which satisfies the heart and soul? Jesus echoes the question posed by the prophet Isaiah: "Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy" (Isaiah 55:2)? There are two kinds of hunger – physical and spiritual. Only God can satisfy the hunger in our heart and soul – the hunger for truth, for life, and for love.

Jesus also spoke about the works of God and what we must do to be doing the works of God, namely to believe in God's Son whom he has sent into the world. Jesus offers a new relationship with God which issues in a new kind of life: A life of love and service, and the forgiveness of others which corresponds to God's mercy and kindness; a life of holiness and purity which corresponds to God's holiness; and a life of submission and trust which corresponds to the wisdom of God. This is the work which Jesus directs us to and enables us to perform in the power of the Holy Spirit. Do you hunger for the bread which comes down from heaven and thirst for the words of everlasting life?

PRAYER:"Lord Jesus, you alone can satisfy the deepest longing and hunger in our hearts. May I always hunger for the imperishable bread, that I may be satisfied in you alone as the True Bread of Heaven. Nourish and strengthen me that I may serve you with great joy, generosity, and zeal all the days of my life."
Re: Do Not Labor 4 D Food Which Perishes, But 4 D Food Which Endures To Eternal Life by LogicMind: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
not working.
try harder

(1) (Reply)

Unveiling Atheism / Whether God Does It Or Not, Love God The More And He Will Do Much More. / Commemorative Poem For Bishop David Oyedepo's 58th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.