Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,872 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:27 PM

Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live (12216 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe: Tambuwal Faces Impeachment Threat / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by wewe1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
THOSE WHO OBTAINED FOREX BUT DID NOT IMPORT PETROLEUM PRODUCT
1 BUSINESS VENTURES NIG LTD 22,927,339.96 2 EAST HORIZON GAS CO. LTD 20,735,910.81
3 EMADEB ENERGY 6,606,094.30
4 POKAT NIG. LTD. 3,147,956.19
5 SYNOPSIS ENTERPRISES LTD 51,449,977.47
6 ZENON PET & GAS LTD. 232,975,385.13
7 CARNIVAL ENERGY OIL LTD - 51,089.57
8 CROWNLINES - 4,756,274.94
9 ICE ENERGY PETROLEUM TRADING LTD - 2,131,166.32
10 INDEX PETROLEUM AFRICA - 6,438,849.64
11 RONAD OIL & GAS W/A - 4,813,272.00
12 SERENE GREENFIELD LTD - 4,813,360.75
13 SUPREME & MITCHELLES - 16,947,000.00
14 TRIDAX ENERGY LTD - 15,900,000.00
15 ZAMSON GLOBAL RES. - 8,916,750.00

TOTAL $ 337,842,663.86 + 64,767,763.22 〓$402,610,427.08

wow !!! convert that to naira
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by ShiftControlAlt(m): 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
Let's pursue a revolution now!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
them don confuse, see wetin bribe dey cause
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Silva79(f): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
ShiftControlAlt: Let's pursue a revolution now!
if i can lay my hands on some guns and bombs..our corrupt leaders are dead!! With jazz everything is possible
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
when you fight corruption,corruption fights back,see how they ended the report on recommendation 35
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
35 recommendations approved outright or with recommendations.
House stands adjourned till tomorrow at 11am. Job done?

How long has the house been sitting for again?
Not your standard 9 - 5 shift...

A small pass == small win, I suppose grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
them don tire sha, imagine angry angry angry angry angry

this guys are a bunch of disgrace, even before the motion for an ajournment was moved, a good number of them were already on their feet packing their stuffs and talking out of turn
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by LadyT(f): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
Really disgusted at the whole thing.
1) why was there no proper voting method this say I nonsense was a total farse
2) the amount of noise and shouting was a disgrace
3) everytime punishment was mentioned it got shouted down!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by wewe1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
House of Rep amended clauses 16,22,25,27,29 & 30; the other 29 recommendations were approved without amendments. Debate continues tomorrow @ 11 am

Signing out.......
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Guk: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
Nigeria will only change before our eyes if

(1) the reps and senators stop probing the same probe that had bn probed by either of them...wots d duplication to achieve?? let them have a joint probe.

(2) the rep probes have bn barking out orders like military men, when will the bark out orders to themselves to account for constituency project hundreds of millions they collect annually

(3) wot moral locus standi does Min of Aviation Stella Oduah have that she is still in govt whilst at the same time, is a member of the cabal and GEJ frontline female campaign manager

(4) Whilst we all welcome the probes, they are using it to earn extra income for their pockets whilst neglecting law making. They hardly sit in parliament these days

(5) When the National Assembly members accept that the rot bn exposed thru the probes is their fault as they failed to carry out their oversight functions. let them be bold to produce audit reports of their oversight functions their respective committees had carried out in the past.

(6) They are all HYPOCRITES including Farouk Lawan who found it appropraite to call himself integrity grp in order to remove Patricia Etteh and proceed to install Bankole who made Etteh's sins pale into insignificance

(7) You wld notice that a lot is bn pushed to PIB!!! This PIB will never be revealed to us before they pass it into law and it will still favour the IOCs at the end of the day.

Chop and Quench people!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by CuteTj(m): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
LadyT: Really disgusted at the whole thing.
1) why was there no proper voting method this say I nonsense was a total farse
2) the amount of noise and shouting was a disgrace
3) everytime punishment was mentioned it got shouted down!

i second your points. As per voting, i feel that some legislators just shout 'Aye' or 'Nay' just for shouting sake. In the future to ensure proper and organised voting, i think voting should be done electronically. Every seat should have a computer with a keypad fitted to it just like the one used in who wants to be a millionaire.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
These set of lawamakers are just there for the fun of it.
Nothing was accomplished except to make noise and yet collect various allowances and bonuses.
Trully, politics is the only paying job in this country.
Now they have finished to go and do nothing for the rest of the day.
Revolution is definetely needed in this country.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by ndbaba(m): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
naija no transperency
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Tytgirl: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2012
Am suprised dat pple re havin high hopes about probe results. D changes dat we need can neva come 4rm d house of rep, pdp, gej, cpc or any party at dat. D change dat we crave 4 must com 4rm ordinary nigerians, nt 4rm a nigerian dat has tested power or unmerited allowances.
Until d masses start 2 mek d country unconducive 4 corupt leaders n dishonest public office holders, nigeria wil only b gettin worse in terms of corruption.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by CuteTj(m): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
Guk: Nigeria will only change before our eyes if

(1) the reps and senators stop probing the same probe that had bn probed by either of them...wots d duplication to achieve?? let them have a joint probe.

(2) the rep probes have bn barking out orders like military men, when will the bark out orders to themselves to account for constituency project hundreds of millions they collect annually

(3) wot moral locus standi does Min of Aviation Stella Oduah have that she is still in govt whilst at the same time, is a member of the cabal and GEJ frontline female campaign manager

(4) Whilst we all welcome the probes, they are using it to earn extra income for their pockets whilst neglecting law making. They hardly sit in parliament these days

(5) When the National Assembly members accept that the rot bn exposed thru the probes is their fault as they failed to carry out their oversight functions. let them be bold to produce audit reports of their oversight functions their respective committees had carried out in the past.

(6) They are all HYPOCRITES including Farouk Lawan who found it appropraite to call himself integrity grp in order to remove Patricia Etteh and proceed to install Bankole who made Etteh's sins pale into insignificance

(7) You wld notice that a lot is bn pushed to PIB!!! This PIB will never be revealed to us before they pass it into law and it will still favour the IOCs at the end of the day.

Chop and Quench people!!!
i will reply your Points 2, 4 & 5. Point 2- the constitution gives them (the legislators) the power and authority to summon/investigate/probe/question anybody. Be it the President or just an ordinary citizen. So in my own opinion, i see nothing wrong in how they are carrying out their duties regarding this Petroleum Subsidy Probe. Point 4- Its nice that you welcome the probes. That shows you that they are doing the job they were elected to do by those that elected them. Unfortunately, lawmaking is now the shortest and easiest route to making money in Nigeria. Therefore, the only people that can question these legislators about what they use all the monies received by them to do are those that elected them and those they represent. As an addition to what you have said, i say that legislators that miss sittings for no just cause should be fined. Point 5- it is only in Nigeria that the Executive seems not to be accountable to anybody, even the legislators so to an extent their oversight functions may be impeded by the executive though i agree with you that most of the time, they themselves fail to do their jobs when there is even no resistance from anybody.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Tropilo(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
@eGorilla: Thanks for d up dates. U had a good grab of d "goings-on". Till morrow.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by otokx(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
The recommendations are looking too many; people will just become confused and forget about the whole thing.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
Deliberations on Subsidy Report in progress once more -- http://www.channelstv.com/home/live/
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
Recommendation 42
The payment of N999,000,000 in 128times within 24hrs (12th& 13th January, 2009) by the Office of the Accountant -General of the Federation should be further investigated by relevant Anti-Corruption Agencies.

Proposed Amendment: Replace office of "Accontant General" with PPPRA
Second Proposed Amendment: Let's not simply replace Accountant General based on a single from the CBN. Rather, let's change this to "Accountant General/PPPRA"

First amendment adopted.
Second amendment was quashed by wayo-trickery grin

Chairman dey take tougher line today, ba?

Recommendation 42 adopted.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
Recommendation 43
The National Assembly should enact an Act to criminalise extra budgetary expenditure

Honourable: "it is self-indicting for the national assembly to remind itself of its own work (or words to that effect)".
Honourable Tera: "I also want to lend my support to the fact that what we have now is just a belief...There has to be some sort of penalty for any minister that spends out of budget"
Honourable Itula: "I want to state categorically, there is no lacuna in this matter" grin
Honourable Okeje: "Thank you Mr Chaiman, I represent the people of Buruku. I am from Benue state. I am also of the view that we should delete this recommendation. If any member of government spends more than the budget allows for, that is an impeachable offence...I believe what we should do is step up our oversight function"
Honourable Okigwe(?) thanks the recommendation to be deleted.

And the beat goes on...
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by manny4life(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
eGuerrilla: Recommendation 43

Honourable: "it is self-indicting for the national assembly to remind itself of its own work (or words to that effect)".
Honourable Tera: "I also want to lend my support to the fact that what we have now is just a belief...There has to be some sort of penalty for any minister that spends out of budget"
Honourable Itula: "I want to state categorically, there is no lacuna in this matter" grin
Honourable Okeje: "Thank you Mr Chaiman, I represent the people of Buruku. I am from Benue state. I am also of the view that we should delete this recommendation. If any member of government spends more than the budget allows for, that is an impeachable offence...[size=16pt]I believe what we should do is step up our oversight function"[/size]
Honourable Okigwe(?) thanks the recommendation to be deleted.

And the beat goes on...

I love the bold part, that's what they need to do. The moment they increase oversight on everyone from executive to judiciary, corruption will reduce. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2012
Honourable Shehu Shagari: "I believe we need to strengthen our law when it comes to extra budgetary spending...the only provision we have is in section 28(?) of our constitution...but where is the penalty?...I believe we should leave the provision as it is...but enact a law that [states] what should happen in cases of extra-budgetary spending?".

Different Honourable (Deputy Leader): "Mr Chairman, I want to remind you, we are in the consideration of a report".
He goes on to suggest the house should stick to its own rules.
<< Deputy Leader is a stickler for rules, eh? Pharisee grin >>

Chairman observes some have been monopolizing floor-time in the debate.

Recommendation 43 passed!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
Recommendation 44
CBN and the Federal Ministry of Finance should critically examine and review the policy guiding payment for importation of petroleum products to avoid the current fraudulent system that allows importers to bring in products from off-shore “Lome” or “Cotonou” to qualify for forex payments

Amendment
Honourable Bature: "The CBN and the Federal Ministry of Finance should stop the policy..."
Chairman: "My dear colleagues, if you are tired of taking part...the half-time members should excuse us, so that we can do this report some justice"
Another Honourable argues the recommendation should end with this line: "and to forthwith discontinue such payments"
Ad-hoc Committee Chairman (Lawan) canvasses against adopting either proposals. "...let Honourable come with a separate recommendation...the policy needs to be reviewed"
Chairman: "When we made the choice to appoint Mr Lawan as the Chairman of the ad-hoc committee, we knew he had chaired previous finance committees..."
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by mygsmnairacom(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
I love the dimension which this whole situation is taking. If the indicted ones are prosecuted, and money refunded, then we would have set the tone for more accountability in our democracy.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by ukpa: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
i believe that all these recommendations adopted so far will be implemented by the Executive.

Otherwise , all these drama and intrigues are in VAIN !
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Killcabal(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
Till 2morrow, another sitting another money.make dem dey do am.God is watching.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
Recommendation 49

The Committee recommends that NNPC takes immediate action to pay the N46billion owed the Nigeria Customs Service and the N6billion owed to the Nigeria Ports Authority

Getting very rowdy.
Some members appear to be unwilling to allow an amendment to rec.49

Recommendation 49 carried without an amendment
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
Recommendation 50
The failure of NPA to provide this Committee the vital vessel data particularly the IMO numbers is an indication that either NPA has a very poor record keeping system or that it was a deliberate ploy to cover up the collusion between its officials and importers. We recommend an investigation into the operations and activities of this Authority.

Honourable Abike-Dabari proposes that a house committee investigates the NPA further, as she suspect an issue of collusion.
Her amendment was adopted.

Recommendation 50 passed.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by jpphilips(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
And how does the said probe affect the present pump price?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by otokx(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
so the recommendations have reached 50?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live by NEROSKY(m): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2012
Nigerians corruption is abuse to corruption,
we all need to be taken away

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pro-buhari Groups Plan Rallies In Major Cities / 2023 Election: I Will Respect Rule Of Law If Elected – Peter Obi / Reps Ask ECOWAS To Stop Deportation Of Nigerians From Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.