Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,124 members, 7,949,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA (10993 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
ebamma: opportunity comes but once, if this man remains a cleaner till old age, he will regret his action
Opportunity wey fit land person for jail, if to say dem catch am...na una still go call am thief/opportunist o...hehehe
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by MmuoOkija: 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
puplin: Opportunity wey fit land person for jail, if to say dem catch am...na una still go call am thief/opportunist o...hehehe

Lailai!!!

We will call him a typical Nigerian and blame it on Jonathan and the state of the Nigerian economy. . .
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2012
Yeah...i remember this gist i heard during my secondary school days...hillarious. It's about this old woman that went to buy a full pack of frozen products. She got home and realised twas full of small papers instead of fish or wateva she paid for. So she goes back and met the same guy that sold her the stuff...the young chap apologised and gave her another pack but this time she checked it contained FISH. So she goes back home and meets her husband who questioned her about the source of a foreign currency bill he found on the floor of their apartment. She explains everything...the husband screams out loud 'yeepa'...so they rushed back to the place but the sharp guy was far gone before they got there. He obviously had left town.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by basadenet: 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
Supposing it is you that found such a large amount of money what will you do?
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Observer1: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2012
This news a complete hoax,First of all the link above with the news showed a wallet containing some few dollars,so where are the euros and sterlings.This news look like a news from a desperate for news reporter.

I can't believe that some pple are here fighting one another over this unfounded news.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Digriz(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ikwikwikwi: Good job brother, we still have so many like you in Nigeria. I found a mobile phone on the road in America, and called the owner, who incidentally is a Nigerian. He collected the phone back and confessed to me that if he were to pick such phone on the way, he would not return it. He was shocked that a Nigerian could do such a thing by returning a free phone on the road. To me, it is not mine, and I do not deserve to take what is not mine. Moreover, since I started using mobile phones, way back time of 090 I never lost a phone, and even when I misplace one, some one usually call me to have it back. That is natural law.
ur right.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Connoisseur(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
To each his own. I thank God for his life but my name is not Ibrahim
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by mygsmnairacom(m): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
I am so proud of Mr. Salami. Like I said, he is an exemplary Nigerian.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Digriz(m): 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
puplin: Yeah...i remember this gist i heard during my secondary school days...hillarious. It's about this old woman that went to buy a full pack of frozen products. She got home and realised twas full of small papers instead of fish or wateva she paid for. So she goes back and met the same guy that sold her the stuff...the young chap apologised and gave her another pack but this time she checked it contained FISH. So she goes back home and meets her husband who questioned her about the source of a foreign currency bill he found on the floor of their apartment. She explains everything...the husband screams out loud 'yeepa'...so they rushed back to the place but the sharp guy was far gone before they got there. He obviously had left town.
ths is a different thing.
I could remember a true story of a man that went to the market to buy a carton of a particular product and after opening it at home he then found it was filled wt 500 naira mint,the man then returned it to the saler and he thanked the man.
Ths particular stories are different frm d one we are replying bcus i wl nt return ths if i was ths man.
The cleaner is an honest man bt i thot hs employer shld hv promoted hm or increase hs salary.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Whymee: 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
I myself don't trust my instinct, I will have to wait till I found such wallet before I can decide on what to do.

However on one condition, Mr Salami may think it's a trap, I can think either considering the circumstances surrounding the scene, so I can return the wallet.

Secondly, who ever owns that wallet should be arrested for money laundry, with this in mind I may think otherwise, OLE GBE, OLE RI.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by IYANGBALI: 12:06am On Apr 26, 2012
kai why not me?IF NA ME NOBODY GO SEE MY BREAK LIGHT AGAIN,I NO GO RETURN AM,NA GOD BUTTER MY BREAD BE THAT

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 26, 2012
this guy to me is a F.O.O.L
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by iloike(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2012
Ayomax: i once made tht stupid mistake, i found 70k in a misplaced wallet n i returned it, only for da useless woman to giv me N100 for my reward,i left witout colectn da 1h. Dis guy wil regret returnin da money
i'm sure he will not. it's not the first. i'm sure not the second. i guess not the last
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by gsmgold: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2012
antartica: That guy deserve to be nigerian president . His honesty is dumbfounding. I cant even trust myself to be that good in that hell hole.
We still have many nigerians with good heart. I pray he becomes our president someday.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2012
tonte23: Salami Ibrahim found the wallet while cleaning a plane at MMIA
Article | April 24, 2012 - 9:14am | By Vincent Ehiabhi
Salami Ibrahim, a staff of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO), who found and returned a wallet containing foreign currency totalling N7.3 million while cleaning an aeroplane has been rewarded for his honesty.

Ibrahim, a cabin cleaning team leader, found the wallet containing £25,000 and €5,000 inside an aircraft at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, (MMIA) Lagos, during a routine cleaning exercise.

Impressed with his show of honesty, the management of Turkish Airlines has rewarded Ibrahim with an all-expenses paid return trip to Istanbul, Turkey; despite the fact that the plane in question is not one of theirs.

Managing Director of the airline in Nigeria, Ali Bulut, said: "This is an act that should be rewarded and encouraged because it is good for the aviation industry in Nigeria. Even though the incident did not take place on Turkish Airlines' aircraft, we are happy that it happened at least in the industry.

Where I come from, good behaviour is rewarded even if it is not directly to you. We appreciate Ibrahim so much, and this is worthy of emulation for other aviation personnel that they must be trusted at all times and that good gesture such as this will surely be rewarded."

This is the second time that Ibrahim is returning money found while cleaning aircrafts. On September 11, 2009, he found another wallet in an aircraft containing cash and returned it to the owner. A letter of commendation was given to him by NAHCO then.

He expressed gratitude to Turkish Airlines for giving him the chance for the vacation. "When I found the wallet inside the aircraft while cleaning it, I submitted it to security and airline personnel; and the passenger came to collect the wallet in my presence. I want to thank Turkish Airlines for rewarding me on this," he said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/man-who-found-and-returned-n7m

^^^Good on you Salami. I wonder how much of that $25,000 and E5,000 he was given as a reward for his honesty. Because to be honest, if it were me i'd be expecting them to show their gratitude in kind, and not just give me grammer and a handshake angry.

Had it been me, i'd be a bit more circumspect in deciding what to do, knowing the high number of thieves we have parading as Gov't and Public Officials. Tell me how many honest people you know that travels with that kind of liquid cash (in FOREX), and forgets it when leaving the plane as well shocked undecided (i hide my modest £/$ in my undewear, and can't be parted with it for anything).

What i would have done would have been to try and find out the name of anyone that has lost money through casual/unofficial chat (obviously getting the name would be a bit tricky, but the person would have contacted the airline management about it if he/she had nothing to hide). I'll quickly google their name when i get home to try and find out a bit more about them. All i can say is woe betide whoever the person may be if my search brings up the picture of a fat pot-bellied/double-chinned gov't official or some company executive that ordinarily shouldn't be in possession of such a large amount of money, or who has a history with the EFCC of Police over corruption. If such results come up from my search, i'll just switch off my laptop, put on my coat, and head to the nearest shopping mall for the mother of all shopping sprees; and i'll sleep well at night too.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Harpesin(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2012
Who is goin to own d money at later end? cos the report did not tel us if d owner of d wallet show face or make a report that he/she lost such wallet, d mgt only took him on a trip n after dat nothing, i think such guy deserve a million naira to use in solvin his problem, such encouragement wil triggers others to emulate him, to me a trip to turkey is of no use here......if d owners did not show face now, d mgt will die d money. Dis kind of case has landed someone in prison sometimes late 80s wen cellular was d only mobile fon we hav and own by d richest people then, d owner lost it and went straight to poice to report, a poor boy saw it and when he was busy asking for d owner wen police arrived, they beat hell out of him n locked him for days....
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by member479760: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2012
grin
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by freshmoney(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
puplin: Dude, u responded to a response to my own response...it's a thread, next time u read to understand. What is my business if you chose to bank with your pocket. Mumu like u, what daft security did u put in place. Just thank your stars that u weren't robbed before u got to that bureau de change. So u have to wait for mallam to change it before u know the power of what you're carrying.....ever heard of exchange rate?

Reading your comment, I blame it on juvenile delinquency. Learn how to respect elders. It's easy proving one is a psychopath- and you are one. Calling someone a Mumu shows that you are demented,psychologically. I wouldn't pick a quarrel with you. I am too busy for your likes, albeit I could have attacked you verbally.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by umunnatim(m): 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
This Guy Na Mumu Gateway out of suffer,he go close am,what do you expect from Aboki??Addicted to suffering.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
freshmoney:

Reading your comment, I blame it on juvenile delinquency. Learn how to respect elders. It's easy proving one is a psychopath- and you are one. Calling someone a Mumu shows that you are demented,psychologically. I wouldn't pick a quarrel with you. I am too busy for your likes, albeit I could have attacked you verbally.
Look at this fool claiming elder on the web like he knows who he's talking to. If your comment above isn't a verbal attack already, then i'm scared for the kind of person you really are.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by freshmoney(m): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
puplin: Look at this fool claiming elder on the web like he knows who he's talking to. If your comment above isn't a verbal attack already, then i'm scared for the kind of person you really are.

Please for the sake of people following this topic, do not divert the thread.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2012
freshmoney:

Please for the sake of people following this topic, do not divert the thread.
Don't try to pick on me next time, note my username. Case closed
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by oba009(m): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2012
WELL SAID MAN, HE DESERVE GCON AWARD LIKE DANGOTE.

HNosegbe: It is stories like this that make me believe there is still hope for Nigeria. All hope is not lost. I say he be given a national honour for portraying Nigeria in good light. Well done man.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Ayomivic(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
The company he works for need to reward hin beyond the letter of compesation.The ower of the wallet surpose to give this man atleast, ten percent of that money to compesate him. His country need to do something for him also to encorage the citizen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation / Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long / “We Are Hungry, Thirsty To Receive 2020 Appropriation Bill” – Sen. Lawan (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.