Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,154 members, 7,913,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:40 PM

When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out (697 Views)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Pe2000: 8:09am On Apr 25, 2012
Have you ever found yourself in a state where, for some time running, you can't seem to pray with zeal and conviction; a state where previous disappointments tear your spiritual enthusiasm into shreds? You probably thought you had faith that could take you through anything, but when a major setback or disappointment comes, you realise that your faith is smaller than a mustard seed. This is where I find myself today. How can I re-jig and put back the spark in my faith?
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Jenwitemi(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2012
Religious enthusiasm you mean. That can peter out when you are finally tired of the monotony of the rituals involved, week in week out.

But enthusiasm(if one can use that word)in spirituality does not peter out because spirituality is about realization of YOU at the very deepest level of your being. That never peters out because it only leads you to more discovery of who you truly are and that, my friend, is VAST.
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Pe2000: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2012
I'll appreciate more comments on this. Please, speak up people. @ Jintenwe, thanks for adding your voice to the matter.
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Ptolomeus(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
You may not really be a "crisis of faith", but you really have realized that what I was doing not convinced, not satisfied ...
If so, find another way, which is not necessarily a religious path.

(1) (Reply)

No Church In The Wild / There Is Religous Ignorance In Our World / Have You Noticed This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.