Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,172 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:57 PM

Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja (40971 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu And Wife, Elizabeth, At Thisday Awards (pic) / American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards / Another Bomb Blast At ThisDay Office In Kaduna, 10 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Rhino5dm: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
Should a bomb blast occur in a media house in central london (God forbid), is that enough reasons for fools to start shouting prime minister this and that, without even allowing a proper investigation? Don't you think we are allowing the real culprit slide away by not putting all options on table?

ballabriggs:

Thorough investigation by who? By the state. I live in England were the custodians of the state are held accountable by the citizens. Can Mr Cameron survive 3 bomb blasts in one year in the UK? He would eaten raw by these 'whining' Brits. To tell the people not to question the President does not seem right. Our citizens are dying like flies while those who we put in charge of the state steal funds meant to alleviate their sufferings. Enough of this mess.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by scopusng(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
We also learnt that the ThisDay office in Kaduna was similarly targeted. Ten or more people are reported to have died. May their souls RIP

Na El-Rufai talk am
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by oluoma1: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
The egyptian u see 2day u'll see it no more. The Boko haram u're seeing 2day u'll see it no more. And remember he dat scatter isreal na him go gather dem again. Dat's my word.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by JimOvia: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
filia4real: I think those calling for the resignation of GEJ are not being sincere. If the aim of BH sponsors is 2 make you believe that then you are culpable. The issue here is to show those evil, selfish, and greedy people that Nigerians can no longer be taken for a ride. We can't be deceived into believing that we can't live together as one after so many years. Let our voices be one in condemning these violents instead of blaming the presido

My friend ur voice cannot change the hearts of the terrorists. Only action against them can. GEJ is responsible for Nigeria and so he should be held accountable. He is failing us. You sound like this because no bomb has come close to you yet. He needs to act and stop voicing speeches.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by grandfada(m): 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
fork adict:
No let God judge the sentimental and tribalistic things that voted for the cpward as their presido
fork addict abina wetin u cal ur sef? Na pple lk u be d problm of ds country. Instead of blamin d pple we dey finance boko haram, u go dey blame person wey dey fight am. Na only fools wey no fit ce say Gej na VICTIM of boko haram! Mind u, i dey easy 2 DESTROY dan 2 BUILD. If he com al out, d Not(boko haram) wil shout! If he melo down, oh! D masses go shout! Any wey sha, dats exactly wat de finaciers of boko haram project want. To mak sur say Gej no achiv any tin no mater how he try. I pity niaja com 2015, dats d AMAGADOM!!!
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Paulray: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
linkin8k: Don't get what GEJ got to do with this? Please stop derailing the topic.

More info please

Now i can see you are among those paid to talk onbehalf of the Govt. in this forum.
When he assumed position as president was he forced to take up the position without providing security?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by ballabriggs: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Should a bomb blast occur in a media house in central london (God forbid), is that enough reasons for fools to start shouting prime minister this and that, without even allowing a proper investigation? Don't you think we are allowing the real culprit slide away by not putting all options on table?

This Nigerians you see don't even complain- compared to the Brits. They don't ask for too much from their leaders. Ask a Nigerian what he wants from the government. He would tell you, "good roads and electricity". They don't even remember security at times. However, this one has gone out of hand. They are only asking the leaders to protect them from this mess and you cannot fault what they are asking for.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Beaf1: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
well said! Only thorough investigation will reveal such and not shouting like dehydrated goats.

Yeah, like the series of 'investigations' carried out in the past and the culprits punished by the Retardeen administration.

Why are you soo stuupid?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by bibina: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
fork adict:
No let God judge the sentimental and tribalistic things that voted for the cpward as their presido

[color=#000099][/color] i see u r big fool...Eediot
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Belmot(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
So sad...how long before this act of evil end.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by realsammie(m): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
i just tune to NTA and nothing is happenin...later today u will hear mr.GEJ "we are on top of the situation"or" i strongly condemn the act".....naija so intrestin
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by jmaine: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
Mischievous bombing to score a political point . . .something is definitely amiss . . . . . . And sadly innocent lives are made the pawn in their powee play . . . . .
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by catso(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
Looters taking advantage of the bombing situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My3JkLUrNr8&sns=tw via @youtube
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Beaf1: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

^^

Why are you so stuupid?
God forbid if UK is faced with a bomb blast galore like it is happening in this cesspit called Nigeria, the Prime minister would have resigned long ago. Are you even in Nigeria? Proper investigation bullshit!

Proper investigation by who? The Retardeen? I laff in fisherman's language
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by linkin8k(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
Paulray:

Now i can see you are among those paid to talk onbehalf of the Govt. in this forum.
When he assumed position as president was he forced to take up the position without providing security?

It's sad that the masses are being attacked in a propaganda to destabilize the government. Can't you see the plan of the opposition? The Nigerian government right from time has been corrupt and inept but why change the topic at hand which is why was a media agency attacked?

Must you use every chance you have to turn everything political? If we the people can't stand against people destroying and killing us rather keep blasting the corrupt government do you expect a miracle to happen?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Cuteobi(f): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
The culprits will be brought to book!!! That's what GEJ will say
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by wirinet(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
filia4real: I think those calling for the resignation of GEJ are not being sincere. If the aim of BH sponsors is 2 make you believe that then you are culpable. The issue here is to show those evil, selfish, and greedy people that Nigerians can no longer be taken for a ride. We can't be deceived into believing that we can't live together as one after so many years. Let our voices be one in condemning these violents instead of blaming the presido

If we cannot hold GEJ responsible, then who should we hold?
Massive fraud in NNPC, GEJ not responsible.
Massive corruption in pensions office, not GEJ fault.
Near collapse of the capital market, GEJ has no blame.
Near total black out throughout Nigeria, GEJ not responsible.
Boko Haram bomb at will, including very close to aso rock despite warning from foreign intelligence agencies, not GEJ's responsibility.

So what exactly are GEJ's responsibilities?

If boko harams sponsors plan to make us believe that GEJ is incompetent, then they have done an excellent job.

So how are we to show that we are not ready to be taken for a ride? Carry a gun and lynch any northern Muslim we come across north of the niger? Please tell me what you want us ordinary defenseless citizens to do.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Rhino5dm: 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
Dude, don't you think making conclusion without enough evidence is counter productive? I'm not saying we shouldn't hold our leaders responsible, infact 90% of my post here are directed toward making the government work. Go figure!

we should allow the security operatives put together their evidence before jumping inn to accuse the prosident. Mind you, the bombs almost went off simultenously in both abuja and kaduna within the perimeters of thisday newspaper offices and not some rondomly bomb blast. That should tell you what? Let thisday come out with thier own side of story and all that.

I think we should hold on to whatever emotion-driven comments, until full investigations are carried out in both cases. Thanks

ballabriggs:

This Nigerians you see don't even complain- compared to the Brits. They don't ask for too much from their leaders. Ask a Nigerian what he wants from the government. He would tell you, "good roads and electricity". They don't even remember security at times. However, this one has gone out of hand. They are only asking the leaders to protect them from this mess and you cannot fault what they are asking for.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Sealeddeal(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
People dat blame GEJ are clueless themselves.Nigeria is a less developed society and can never be compared with London.we should bear all these in mind.even human development index is not optimal as such,people say nonsense after every bomb blast.Firstly,consider urself being the president,what will do dat GEJ never done? We should be criticising constructively and not criticising out of sheer hatred.Security chiefs should be questioned.those dat indict powerful figures from north does not have evidence.everybody suspects dem even president bt no one got evidence.if u question Buhari without evidence,u might end up increasing his popularity and so on.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by maclatunji: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
deshclones: Don't mind the clowns...i pray they bomb lagos so they will give authenticity to the u.s report of 2015 breakup.. we all will say bye bye to this unholy marriage called nigeria... angry angry angry

And then start fighting wars like Sudan and South Sudan with millions of refugees on all sides. Not-so-smart analysis that you are regurgitating. You have a brain, use it better!
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by gulfer: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
For someone who built his wealth and empire from political scheming like Nduka, this would be expected. The attack coming during the BH period just makes investigating the root cause difficult.

[b]Probe Nduka Obaigbena’s Wealth, Odumakin Petitions ICPC
Posted: March 24, 2011 - 15:16
Nduka Obaigbena (New York Times)
Yinka Odumakin
By SaharaReporters, New York

Yinka Odumakin, spokesman to Mr. Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), has called on the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC), to compel ThisDay publisher Nduka Obaigbena to justify his wealth, or forfeit it.

In a petition dated, Thursday, March 24, 2011, Mr. Odumakin pointed out that Mr. Obaigbena has been associated with past and present government officials since the 1990’s and is “a man of great but unexplained wealth.”

He therefore called on the Commission to take advantage of the provisions of Section 44 of the ICPC Act 2000 which is designed to combat corruption and promote good governance which criminalises unexplained or illicit wealth on the part of any associate of a past or present government official.

Drawing on Section 44(1)(b) of the ICPC Act, he said Mr. Obaigbena should be required to provide a statement in writing on oath or affirmation to identify, among others, all of the properties he owns in Nigeria or outside her borders, as well as all his sources of income.

“Significantly, section 44(2) of the Act provides that should you have reasonable grounds to believe that Mr Obaigbena owns, possesses or controls any interest in any property which is excessive, having regard to his past emoluments and legitimate earnings and all other relevant circumstances, to require him by a written direction to provide a statement on oath or affirmation explaining how he was able to own, possess or control such excess,” the petition says.

“Furthermore, if he fails to explain satisfactorily such excess, he shall be presumed to have used his office to corruptly enrich or gratify himself and charged with corruption accordingly.”

Mr. Odumakin further underlined that the criminalization of illicit enrichment or inexplicable wealth under section 44 of the ICPC Act is a valuable tool for prosecuting corrupt public officials and their collaborators in the private sector.

“It is therefore a source of great frustration to Nigerians that, like your predecessor, you have so far failed to invoke this very crucial provision despite the relentless distortion of our social, economic, legal and political systems by past and present corrupt government officials and their accomplices in the private sector who continue to oppress us with their illicit wealth.”

Mr. Odumakin, an outspoken former student leader, worked with the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) pressure group until he took up his current position with the CPC leader.

[/b]
maybe i am wrong but there is an element of truth in the above interview.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Rhino5dm: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
Abeg go get some candy, I'm not in the mood of playing with slowpoke.s.

Beaf!:

^^

Why are you so stuupid?
God forbid if UK is faced with a bomb blast galore like it is happening in this cesspit called Nigeria, the Prime minister would have resigned long ago. Are you even in Nigeria? Proper investigation bullshit!

Proper investigation by who? The Retardeen? I laff in fisherman's language
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by grandfada(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
beaf roast: make una nor panik! Bombin dey hapin everyWEAR around d world. We dey ON TOP of d ...ehm ehm ehm.
how dem dey komplit d heenglish sef?!.
situation!
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Funkymallam(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
And Nigerians are looting... angry

where is our diginity?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMy3JkLUrNr8%26sns%3Dtw&sns=tw&v=My3JkLUrNr8&gl=US
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by gulfer: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
Funkymallam: And Nigerians are looting... angry

where is our diginity?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMy3JkLUrNr8%26sns%3Dtw&sns=tw&v=My3JkLUrNr8&gl=US
That tells you the level we have fallen to. any opportunity to make the looters pay, the masses embrace it (including the Police)
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by filia4real(m): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
JimOvia:
My friend ur voice cannot change the hearts of the terrorists. Only action against them can. GEJ is responsible for Nigeria and so he should be held accountable. He is failing us. You sound like this because no bomb has come close to you yet. He needs to act and stop voicing speeches.
but no one person in this forum has done anything apart from talking...if you and i are talking then mr. president can also talk. If its real action we need then let's go back to eagle's square and show mr. president what "action is louder than voice" means.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
gulfer: For someone who built his wealth and empire from political scheming like Nduka, this would be expected. The attack coming during the BH period just makes investigating the root cause difficult.

maybe i am wrong but there is an element of truth in the above interview.

What if Thisday was really objective in reporting the oil subsidygate and pensiongate and on the verge of publishing top secret information ? This is naija bros where everything is possible.it doesnt make any sense blaming every bomb blast on boko haram even when it was committed by politicians.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Funkymallam(m): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
gulfer: That tells you the level we have fallen to. any opportunity to make the looters pay, the masses embrace it (including the Police)

Is the media now part of the 'looters' that should pay?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Rhino5dm: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
Don't expect dunces with single digit IQ to understand your post. More reasons I'm advocating for respite until the picture becomes clearer.

~Bluetooth:

What if Thisday was really objective in reporting the oil subsidygate and pensiongate and on the verge of publishing top secret information ? This is naija bros where everything is possible.it doesnt make any sense blaming every bomb blast on boko haram even when it was committed by politicians.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Olaolufred(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
linkin8k: Don't get what GEJ got to do with this? Please stop derailing the topic.

More info please

What he got to do is what your father did when you were sick as a child.
Don't know the number of times you were in Clinic before you could touch computer keyboard now.
But someone took a decisive action to see you alive and well.
Hope you now understand how Jonah has a lot to do with it.
A word for the wise.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by jmaine: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
gulfer: That tells you the level we have fallen to. any opportunity to make the looters pay, the masses embrace it (including the Police)

you attempted to sound smart bur still fell off the mark . . . . The correct explanation to give is that we are so corrupt and crooked that we look forward to any opportunity to loot . . .e no concern national cake or taking back from any looter . . . . . Boys eye dey shoook any how . . . .
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Funkymallam(m): 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
~Bluetooth:

+100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bello Yabo Arrested For Calling El-Rufai A 'Small Bird' / Governor Fayose Spotted Frying Garri In Ikole, Ekiti (Photos) / Computer Village Traders Tackle Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Over "Illegal" Levies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.