Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nairalander Doctors- What's The Ideal BP Reading? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalander Doctors- What's The Ideal BP Reading? (777 Views)

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! / I Need An Urgent Advice my BP is high / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Doctors- What's The Ideal BP Reading? by Afokeoghen: 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
I dont check my BP regularly though, infaat, in my 27yrs of living, i've had only 5 chances to check it and it has alwaz been 120/80. Because i feel healthy, i think it's ok. So sometimes wen i hear someone else's reading below or above or even close to the above figure and they say it's abnormal, then i get really confused.
I mean what's the use of buying a do-it-yourself BP monitor when you cant even interpret the readings.
So pls what's the ideal reading or atleast the range?
Re: Nairalander Doctors- What's The Ideal BP Reading? by Lagusta(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hello op!
The OPTIMAL blood pressure reading should be 120/80mmHg, nou in the range of 100-140/70-90mmHg. Anything above 140 systolic or 100 diastolic means hypertension.
Since ur blood pressure is 120/80, then go and do testimony, cos u r very very very very oooookkk!!! Watch ur lifestyle though!
PEACE!!!
Re: Nairalander Doctors- What's The Ideal BP Reading? by Afokeoghen: 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
Lagusta: Hello op!
The OPTIMAL blood pressure reading should be 120/80mmHg, nou in the range of 100-140/70-90mmHg. Anything above 140 systolic or 100 diastolic means hypertension.
Since ur blood pressure is 120/80, then go and do testimony, cos u r very very very very oooookkk!!! Watch ur lifestyle though!
PEACE!!!
Thank you so much for this info. I guess i'm a step towards being a doctor myself. grin

(1) (Reply)

Leakage From A Crack From Anus / Nigeria Local Herbs For Curing Disease / Please Can Someone With AC Genotype Marry AS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.