Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,741 members, 7,972,680 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:56 PM

Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) (14817 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2012
Jarus: I finished from a private pry schl but a public secondary school. In our secondary school days, esp jjunior classes, one way to keep the class quiet was to write names of vernacular speakers. Na me dey write names of vernacular speakers and collect the fines. May God forgive, I reported only half of the fines, the others ended in Iya Abu's amola shop.

O ti pe to ti njale abi? grin
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by muyiwa22(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2012
nice thread remenba my s sch days ibadan boys' high school we're been called omo ogba *prison student* because our uniform is white-white.our field is igbo ofe*field of dissarpearance*a very dangerous sch wit stubborn student,bk then parent won't allow their children 2 attend dat sch![quote author=seunbballo][/quote]nice thread remenba my s sch days ibadan boys' high school we're been called omo ogba *prison student* because our uniform is white-white.our field is igbo ofe*field of dissarpearance*a very dangerous sch wit stubborn student,bk then parent won't allow their children 2 attend dat sch!
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by jkeva: 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2012
I did not attend a public primary school bt even @ dt I remembered buyin eyinalangba, elenkute,sisi pelebe, sweet alagbon, lolly, kokoro, pito, tabataba, n so on, ws fun al da way.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Tobbylobar(m): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2012
Baawaa:
all these u mentioned ar still in vogue,but talk of TAFINRIN,DANKUWA,JEBEJEBE,BABY FOOD,ETC

u get am joo....like INDOJI..dat coloring rice wey dey inside nylon...we Call am jolof rice.. grin grin grin...its fun sha
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Redman44(m): 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2012
I attended Ijebu-Ode Grammar School in Ogun State for my Secondary education. Back in those days ,life was fun even though we did not have much money or came from wealthy homes. I was very quiet in secondary school but that did not stop me from getting into trouble with my friends. I remember composing love letters that guys from my school used in wooing girls from other schools in town. I was very good with words so guys gave me some of their provisions so that I would write love letters for them to use in dating girls grin grin grin. I remember scaling the fence of our boarding house to buy moin-moin in town along Ibadan Road. The Moin Moin would now be resold to junior students at outrageous prices. Back in the early 90's when Coke and Pepsi were 50k and 1 Naira per bottle. The senior students loved obtaining from Junior Students and woe fell on you if you did not yield to their greedy requests. You would be given 50 kobo and told to buy snacks worth 2 Naira and also come back with some change shocked shocked shocked. Going to the SS3 Block as a JSS 1 or JSS 2 was a taboo as you were likely to be beaten up or sent on various errands till you become very tired. I remember this dangerous game we played in JSS 3 some minutes before we closed everyday. As soon as it was 1.45pm, lockers and chairs will start flying in the air. Some of my classmates got injured in the process. I was hit in the back by a chair flung at me one day. We thought we were having fun back then but I now realize it was actually a dangerous thing we were doing.

I remember guys like Adeoye ( Skinki Pororo ), Tope ( Ogegbo ) Michael Okuneye ( Lord Core ), Joshua Ukaps etc. I remember the football matches between Secondary Schools in Ijebu-Ode and the fierce rivalry then. Fights usually broke out after the matches with daggers, knives and charms being used freely. Guys got stabbed or hit with potent charms. There was this dangerous school known as Commercial ( Moslem Comprehensive High School,iJEBU-oDE )then. Many students in the school were thugs especially the boys. I was bad at Mathematics in Secondary School and I hated Biology and Music as subjects. I spent most times in the Library reading about different places around the world. Who remembers the White House Food Canteen outside the Gates of JOGS near the Petrol Station? Then there was this barbing salon 'HeadBoyz' or is it 'Headmasters' outside the school gates? The 90's were great. I am an adult now but can't forget those days. Cheers.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by serenegroup(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
i remember those days in 1004 estate primary school. during interhouse sport it was fun. there was this woman then also i think her name is ms Onobajo she was always fainting in class while teaching woe unto u if u laugh wen she falls cos she will spot u out after she has regained consciousness and beat the hell out of u. also remember waiting for mr alabi to ring d bell so that we can devour the groundnut that the old woman would have hanged on each classes. fun fun fun. 1004 i miss u o.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by dont8(m): 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2012
seunbballo: So you used to jump to my school from Randle to Falolu abi, I'll report you to your principal. grin

LMAO.....I didn't actually but knew those that embark on such daily back then. Me i no wan drown for canal trying to maneuver my way to Ansar Ud Deen High sch Falolu. looooool
I wish that canal was not there, it would have been three schools in a compound (Grammar, Secondary and High school), I crossed to your school once, not a pleasant experience though, most of my friends always wish there was no canal, because they lived at Randle, Onikoyi, Benson (Akeem Olajuwon's family house).

''In an area like surulere, u re assured of many restaurants that students flog to namely: Ewa Iya Ibo, Isu ati Ewa Iya Bob(Isu 6naira,ewa 4naira, eran hhm hmn lol), Amala Iya Titi, Oyenma Rice and Beans,Bankolemo Designer rice, Atunrase Rice, Amala Abina, Amala Akerele, 2 o clock rice at Ayilara(once u miss d time, u gotta wait till 4 for the next batch..lool SEE HUNGRY CROWD ),'', I frequent those joint wella and there is one amala joint at Bank Olemoh, don't remember the name now and a rice joint at James Robertson street, where you can use five naira to buy rice and bogo(bone with scanty meat) and 'ora'. We did inter-house sport in your compound once (how I liked that big field) and all those funny experiences that go with inter-house sport, not forgetting when we got attacked by Atunrase boys high school at close of school with those their dangerous weapons like 'lebe', daggers and two edged cutlasses, SMH.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by clemmonce(m): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2012
i attended GCI ikorodu. i was a boarder i rememba life in the hostel was like hell. i remember one event like dat a senior gave me his trouser to wash 4 him na him i wash am o unfortunately 4 me the trouser was stolen u can imagine wat happened next
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by dont8(m): 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2012
clemmonce: i attended GCI ikorodu. i was a boarder i rememba life in the hostel was like hell. i remember one event like dat a senior gave me his trouser to wash 4 him na him i wash am o unfortunately 4 me the trouser was stolen u can imagine wat happened next
Beating of a lifetime! cheesy
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by noit(m): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
Abadina college!!!!!!!!!!.... :hmmmmmmmm...... Evrytin cme nd gooo
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by promzy143(m): 3:55am On Apr 29, 2012
I attended msg...doz dayz @ sec skul was fun...i rememba break tym we wud go 2 market squar n buy okpa n ice cream...n @ ss class we go 2 fp(fud pan) 2 eat rice...i'll neva 4get my princpal angus fraser...den we used 2 hv mass lyk thrice a wk durin break period n hw d senior boys wil dodge mass to , gcm n loyca...we used 2 hv labor 1ce in a wk...it was so stresful...i cant 4get hangin punishmnt we recievd 4rm senior stdnts...i hate mass n labor bt lukin back nw, its all fun
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Jomiliny(m): 9:49am On Apr 29, 2012
I remember back in those days when i was in secondary school. I use to be a bad guy who do take alcholic drinks to shcoo to drink with my guys. I was very sturborn then. I was very popular in school.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by youngsoye(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2012
I went 2 Anglican grammar school,ota. I rmemba all d skul lyf dem. Each science student den must have an individual bed and ridges n u must plant sumfin on ur bed or else u are toying with ur C.A which carry 30 marks out of 100. I also rmemba when 2 students are challenging each other 2 a fight we will calm dem down till closing hour when dey will fight until 1 of dem eventually surrender which all d students in our class will be d spectators watching and jeering d fighters. Every friday na d battle day if 1 skul wanted to fight with our skul
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by juman(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2012
clemmonce: i attended GCI ikorodu. i was a boarder i rememba life in the hostel was like hell. i remember one event like dat a senior gave me his trouser to wash 4 him na him i wash am o unfortunately 4 me the trouser was stolen u can imagine wat happened next
Also I was a bording student for one and half terms in Ansarudeen (AUD) Offa. The seniors behaved badly, then I left the school.

Because of the seniors bad behaviour, almost all the form 1 and 2 students left bording house.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Clemzy16(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2012
1. Over sized uniform
2. First week of resumption = clearing of grasses
3. Buying of broom, cain and chaik.
4. I remember i was also floged bucause i failed to buy cassava stem and yam for planting.. Life was so wonderful then.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Psaalmuel(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2012
Mine was fun 2..going 2 skul wit computer socks on d edge of our knee..d 1 culd neva 4get iz break time wen we kal d whole food seller in d skul mumy..food lyk 10 bread n 5 beans..we do eat dangerous meats lyk goma goma nd chicken parts fryd wit cury nd redish in colour..i mis dose days..
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by AK481(m): 12:33am On Apr 30, 2012
do u knw masta taiWO,MASTA YOMI,UNCLE SEGE,WAT SET?
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 30, 2012
Clemzy16: 1. Over sized uniform
2. First week of resumption = clearing of grasses
3. Buying of broom, cain and chaik.
4. I remember i was also floged bucause i failed to buy cassava stem and yam for planting.. Life was so wonderful then.

LOL, bro you suffered Ooo hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by clemmonce(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2012
AK 48:
do u knw masta taiWO,MASTA YOMI,UNCLE SEGE,WAT SET?
entered 98 and i finished 04 yes .wat about you. i knw them well they were my masters o boy dat master yomi 2 wicked. he was later sacked. i remember one night afta prep at night me and my friends went to take our bath o boy na him one new master come see us he said we were wasting the water dat is suppose to be used 2morrow o boy see beatin on my naked ass with water on my body. wil neva 4get dat day
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2012
clemmonce: entered 98 and i finished 04 yes .wat about you. i knw them well they were my masters o boy dat master yomi 2 wicked. he was later sacked. i remember one night afta prep at night me and my friends went to take our bath o boy na him one new master come see us he said we were wasting the water dat is suppose to be used 2morrow o boy see beatin on my naked ass with water on my body. wil neva 4get dat day
LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by centraldefence: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2012
I went to a public primary school that looks more like a private school. I'm talking of ESTATE PRIMARY SCHOOL, ISOLO, a very good school that taught its pupils very well. I'm proud to have attended the school. It was a sin to come to school with dirty uniform and unkempt finger nails. We were punished for coming late to school (You can never find a pupil of this school loitering around during school hours).

I was also privileged to attend another public secondary school, i.e. CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, OKOTA ISOLO similar to what I experienced in my primary school days. My school was the only school in the school complex/village (13 schools) fenced round.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Youngsage: 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2012
femmy2010: I remember the days in CMS Grammar school,Akoka and African Church Unity Secondary school,Epinmi-Akoko grin
[b][quote author=femmy2010][color=#000099][b]
up school! But its in bariga, not Akoka.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Jyde89: 10:48am On May 01, 2012
Trust me guys my public skul lyf was a mix of good,bad&ugly. I remembered my 1st day in public pry skul,man e no b small thing;we wer'nt dat rich but my parent's started me off in a private skul b4 d situation of d economy made them change my skul. Boy was it an eye opener 4 me,u can immagine me moving 4rom d normal playing with toy's in my formal skul 2 chasing grasshopers&other insect up 4 grabs in d latter,moving 4rm a siling faned class 2 a nature faned 1. One thing i leant though,was that in Nigeria d best of education is obtainable in d public skul. Not only will u be educated,but u'll also be taught how to tread d rough terrains in life. Long live the public skulz.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Jyde89: 11:39am On May 01, 2012
smileywhy isn't anybody talking about meeting's lyk d PTA,openday&d rest,God know's i've never 4 1ce invited any of my parent to any of d above,trust me d skul i attended,no teacher should know ur parent if u value ur life. I remembere 1 particular openday in my skul,as usual my parent wer'nt awere & i as alway's will take 2 my heels once it begins. But unfornuately 4 me d number of student's that did'nt bring thier parent's doubled d number of those that did,so 4 one month the skul trailed me&many others lyk criminals,we could'nt stay in d class 4 fear of being caught by d skul authorities;but i finally got tired of not staying in class so i brought in my brother 2 stand as my father,but not untill i paid him some money 2 buy is silence,trust me if my folks eva find's out i'm done 4.;(;(;(oh! i attended iponri estate senior high school.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by yamunla(m): 11:59am On May 01, 2012
Hmmn,my primary school was Oluwole primary school akoka @ UNILAG gate..we had wicked teachers like mr ofere,mr faribudo,mrs onyenje and so on..it was fun sha..and Secondary school too IGBOBI college Yaba..UP IC..Say,Say,Say..omo life no easy for there oo..our principal..Mr OJitiku of the bournvita brain match was a f*cking disciplinarian and we had wicked teachers like..bros OKO,master,mr ambali,mr alao, and the almighty ABACHA..omo my eyes see oooooo..but I thank God for my life..Up IC..
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by yamunla(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2012
I remember those days that I will keep my transport fare and stant @ gate or pako bus stop hollain 'brother lap me'..and in secondary sch too,there was a day I was absent in school and my name still top the billboard of noise makers for that day,so when the teacher called my name he tought I had run and marked my name with red biro,na God save me ooo..my classmates helped me the following day by going to the teachers office in mass that I was absent yesterday..I will trek from unilag gate to highrise building @ the extreme end of UNILAG b4 we parked to computer centre,bayajjida close..
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Cheggoon(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2012
emmerks: I attended appollo and orishigun in ketu-alapere, lagos. We had 3 primary and 3 secondary school in the same compound. I use to resume a week after resumption and a week after any strike
Guy u kw lie..i kw ur skool wella....
I went to comprehensive high skool agidi alapere ketu.....
I remenber hw my skool used to defeat ur skool, wen fight start...ur skool orishigun no even dey skool draw..my skool agidi was the champion in the whole Kosofe local govt den....bt i dont kw now....
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by dont8(m): 12:50am On May 06, 2012
I remembered ANCOPSS '96 (All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools), my school was among the schools chosen to do parade at National Stadium for the then Military Governor, Olagunsoye Oyinlola. We used to go for practice at a school in Eric moore, Surulere, it was fun all the way.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2012
Public school was fun the, I attended Anglican Central primary School Ile-Ife and Oluorogbo High School Ile-Ife.....farm labour, late comer, monkey pole, catching grasshopper and use sand to build house for them, stealing my mom's money to flex in school, buying of broom, cain and chaik, fetching of plants and charcoal(we used add water and crushed them together to make a solution) which we rubbed on board to make it darker...then we call it in Yoruba pa a board which we usually rotate in groups.......it was so interesting then....Ajebo dey miss some fun....Money is good and I don't pray for poverty but I think Flat and Ajebo Children are missing some street fun as they are not free like us, won o ja si.
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2012
Konmight: Public school was fun the, I attended Anglican Central primary School Ile-Ife and Oluorogbo High School Ile-Ife.....farm labour, late comer, monkey pole, catching grasshopper and use sand to build house for them, stealing my mom's money to flex in school, buying of broom, cain and chaik, fetching of plants and charcoal(we used add water and crushed them together to make a solution) which we rubbed on board to make it darker...then we call it in Yoruba pa a board which we usually rotate in groups.......it was so interesting then....Ajebo dey miss some fun....Money is good and I don't pray for poverty but I think Flat and Ajebo Children are missing some street fun as they are not free like us, won o ja si.
grin
Re: Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) by Undabridge(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
yamunla: Hmmn,my primary school was Oluwole primary school akoka @ UNILAG gate..we had wicked teachers like mr ofere,mr faribudo,mrs onyenje and so on..it was fun sha..and Secondary school too IGBOBI college Yaba..UP IC..Say,Say,Say..omo life no easy for there oo..our principal..Mr OJitiku of the bournvita brain match was a f*cking disciplinarian and we had wicked teachers like..bros OKO,master,mr ambali,mr alao, and the almighty ABACHA..omo my eyes see oooooo..but I thank God for my life..Up IC..

Am a product of I.C.Y and dis teacher you listed are serious disciplinarian and fucking wicked especially bros OKO.I realli do enjoy my time in d school but sometime I used to wish I was a boarder.I can remember dat dey gave us high hope that we were going to start wearing trousers cos most of us were tired of d short even as seniors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Registration For University Of Ilorin Post Jamb Is Out / Who Is To Blame For The Rot In Our Education System? / Ezinne Favour Ogwuegbu Graduates From Eastern Mediterranean University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.