Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,008 members, 7,949,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (22147 Views)

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Curiouscity(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
cyril83: Abeg diz topic na rubbish joor, if u lik get pregnant nd if u no lik leave am,jst dnt bring nonsense topic to learned pple,wetin concern me na ur palava na

U are in the wrong place!! This thread is not for kids like U.
did u notice ur post is the only odd one here?

3 Likes

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by maclatunji: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
Prince saha: More of educative threads like this. I never knew that women passes 2ru all dis b4 delivery. Oh, just an eye opener. As an undergraduate and would-be husband, i now know wot to do and when 2 do them especially during those hard periods 4 a would-be luvly wife. Op, tanx 4 an interesting thread. More power 2 ur elbow. Pls i nid more pple 2 comment on it

LOL, I am more experienced than some husbands sef?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Booty4me: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by ronkebp(f): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
Analytical: Let me start to recall those days. . .

Wify got pregnant immediately after we got married (probably that very day, but definitely not more than 3 days after- that’s a story for another day!). Novice and inexperienced us; we didn’t even know. Two weeks after, she fell sick. We didn’t even suspect pregnancy, though all the signs were there- nausea, vomiting and all. She had fever and was dehydrated. We got to the clinic and was confirmed pregnant after test. Then started the journey that won me accolades and everlasting admiration of my wife.

Everything became strange. My new wife practically became different. The ever bubbling, hardworking gal I knew became so dull, moody, fuzzy and lazy! I knew this wasn’t my girl. The wonders of hormones! Attempts at preparing food in the kitchen became disastrous. She just couldn’t stand the smell of anything again. Worse still, they trigger off the vomiting.

Who would have thought going out together will be such a trying period? Well, so it became. The smell of car fragrance and fume became allergic. So the first thing she does as soon as she enters the car is to throw up inside the car. She became sad that she was giving me stress. I had to calm her down, that I am in love with her, vomits or not. So, cleaning up the car wasn’t a problem to me. In fact, I counted it all joy that I will soon become a father! I had to provide a special bowl in the car permanently to take care of that.

Because of this, I had to practically go with her whenever she wanted to go out. Thankfully, she was yet to start working then. We visited the clinic for antenatal together. We went to the market together. Do I talk of when the nausea came right there in the market? She tried to suppress it and with my hands massaging her back, urged her to do it right there, with all eyes gazed on this young couple, hubby rubbing wify’s back while she vomits! That was my moment to shine- my own version of Public Display of Affection.

Every morning I had to get up early to prepare food for her before I set for work, rush home during lunch time to check on her and clean-up. I took over the kitchen and became the official cook. And they are special foods- sometimes without salt! No onions, no frying at all. Most times no pepper, no stew, just okro! Very odd demands became the order of the day. After testing my skills in the kitchen, several times the food had to be rejected for upsetting her homones! Chicken and meat became prohibited for her. How I enjoyed those days. I ended up eating as much chicken as I could cool

The first trimester had just ended- two more to go. And this is just the first pregnancy. . .

Nice one!!!!!! Analytical + chaircover = table top...........smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by dabrake(m): 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
Analytical: Let me start to recall those days. . .

Wify got pregnant immediately after we got married (probably that very day, but definitely not more than 3 days after- that’s a story for another day!). Novice and inexperienced us; we didn’t even know. Two weeks after, she fell sick. We didn’t even suspect pregnancy, though all the signs were there- nausea, vomiting and all. She had fever and was dehydrated. We got to the clinic and was confirmed pregnant after test. Then started the journey that won me accolades and everlasting admiration of my wife.

Everything became strange. My new wife practically became different. The ever bubbling, hardworking gal I knew became so dull, moody, fuzzy and lazy! I knew this wasn’t my girl. The wonders of hormones! Attempts at preparing food in the kitchen became disastrous. She just couldn’t stand the smell of anything again. Worse still, they trigger off the vomiting.

Who would have thought going out together will be such a trying period? Well, so it became. The smell of car fragrance and fume became allergic. So the first thing she does as soon as she enters the car is to throw up inside the car. She became sad that she was giving me stress. I had to calm her down, that I am in love with her, vomits or not. So, cleaning up the car wasn’t a problem to me. In fact, I counted it all joy that I will soon become a father! I had to provide a special bowl in the car permanently to take care of that.

Because of this, I had to practically go with her whenever she wanted to go out. Thankfully, she was yet to start working then. We visited the clinic for antenatal together. We went to the market together. Do I talk of when the nausea came right there in the market? She tried to suppress it and with my hands massaging her back, urged her to do it right there, with all eyes gazed on this young couple, hubby rubbing wify’s back while she vomits! That was my moment to shine- my own version of Public Display of Affection.

Every morning I had to get up early to prepare food for her before I set for work, rush home during lunch time to check on her and clean-up. I took over the kitchen and became the official cook. And they are special foods- sometimes without salt! No onions, no frying at all. Most times no pepper, no stew, just okro! Very odd demands became the order of the day. After testing my skills in the kitchen, several times the food had to be rejected for upsetting her homones! Chicken and meat became prohibited for her. How I enjoyed those days. I ended up eating as much chicken as I could cool

The first trimester had just ended- two more to go. And this is just the first pregnancy. . .
how i wish I will be like you. With my present type of person, she dare not try the bolded else, that green coloured aspect would be some round of deputy insanity. Well, I'm still 21. Maybe I should learn how to be patient and enduring.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
cyril83: Abeg diz topic na rubbish joor, if u lik get pregnant nd if u no lik leave am,jst dnt bring nonsense topic to learned pple,wetin concern me na ur palava na
Mr Cyril83, why do such things come outta ya mouth? It's not a must for you to comment, you know. If one doesn't know something, it is better to ask. Ignorance is deadly, I hope you know.

IMO, judging from the tone of your comment, you are not yet married and if you are, you haven't embark on that journey with your wife and if you have, you strike me as an inconsiderate and dispassionate man. It would do you a lot of good to learn from other's experiences so when it's your turn, you are better prepared.

Kudos to you Analytical and to every man who supported their wives in their nine month nature course.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by maclatunji: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
OP, a special dedication to you. You can do all of the work at once. cheesy

http://coolstuff49ja..com/2012/04/mexican-woman-is-pregnant-with-9-babies.html
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nickydrake(m): 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
I'm a rookie in the field so pardon me if this sounds a little incongruous...but how do you give a pregnant woman a back massage? Does she lie on the bump or sit on a bar stool? cheesy
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by jummy05: 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
your stories are scary.God dey
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by highchief3(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
You guys are making me feel like getting married today! today!!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2012
Nickydrake: I'm a rookie in the field so pardon me if this sounds a little incongruous...but how do you give a pregnant woman a back massage? Does she lie on the bump or sit on a bar stool? cheesy

The first 3 months when there is no bump, she can lie face down. When the tummy protrudes, you do it either while she sits on a stool (head on a table) or while she lies down slightly sideways, her back to you!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2012
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
jummy05: your stories are scary.God dey

Please don't be. There is a motherly (and fatherly) instinct in everyone! Just be a loving and understanding partner. Love is in the doing!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nickydrake(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
Analytical:

The first 3 months when there is no bump, she can lie face down. When the tummy protrudes, you do it either while she sits on a stool (heads on a table) or while she lies down slightly sideways, her back to you!

Hehehehe grin. Sounds interesting already. It ain't anytime soon for me, but it's never too early to start learning eh? Kudos to y'all who've told your tales, very interesting thread indeed.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by lagcity(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
omo! mehn am scared ooo. chei! the way pregnant women are showing their husbands pepper. If u stay out of their way, they'll say u r not supportive. But if u stay with them, they'll say u r disturbing them. women i fear una ooo. cheesy
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by lagcity(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2012
Nickydrake: I'm a rookie in the field so pardon me if this sounds a little incongruous...but how do you give a pregnant woman a back massage? Does she lie on the bump or sit on a bar stool? cheesy

hhaaaaa! you want to kill baby? DON'T LIE ON THE BUMP OOOOOO!!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2012
Nickydrake:

Hehehehe grin. Sounds interesting already. It ain't anytime soon for me, but it's never too early to start learning eh? Kudos to y'all who've told your tales, very interesting thread indeed.

You know what, I prefer the sideways because it makes so many things within easy reach and the hands can stray to some other places unplanned wink You haven't seen anything yet! Life is a choice. Choose to enjoy yours whatever comes. I chose to look at the bright side of things always. I tell you, life can be very interesting.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Muttex(m): 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
Rokiatu, you don hammer the thing...lol..... ;DRokiatu, you don hammer the thing...lol.....
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by drharry: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
1st trimester....nausea , frequent episodes of vomiting, chei!...Rubbing her back while wondering why i put her to this....
......threw away all my expensive perfumes
......learnt how to cook whatever she had to eat
......remembered hw i came back from work thru a hectic traffic and as i arrived she said she wanted chicken and chips taht night. I had to go thru d same traffic and came back 3hrs later...food cold of course rejected...

2nd trimester.....d story continues...
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nickydrake(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
Analytical:

You know what, I prefer the sideways because it makes so many things within easy reach and the hands can stray to some other places unplanned wink You haven't seen anything yet! Life is a choice. Choose to enjoy yours whatever comes. I chose to look at the bright side of things always. I tell you, life can be very interesting.

I totally understand your point. Now i can hardly wait! cheesy
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2012

Just let her sit on your lap LOL.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Chaircover, na so me I dey think sef whether Mr CC na my brother! Correct man! Hail am for me. You sabi how na!

Talking of crying, I remember one day when she sighted a roadside seller of 'African salad' (a mix of raw vegetables, onions, palm oil and other stuff) and she said that was what she wanted. Naturally, I wouldn't mind, but she had been exposed to food poisoning before due to unhygienic roadside food. So, I said she couldn't have it because I didn't trust the hygiene, moreso she was advanced and I didn't want her to risk any infection. I saw fire that day. See cry like say somebody die! See tantrums! Wetin I no do to calm her down?

We still laugh over this episode anytime we remember!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
drharry: 1st trimester....nausea , frequent episodes of vomiting, chei!...Rubbing her back while wondering why i put her to this....
......threw away all my expensive perfumes
......learnt how to cook whatever she had to eat
......remembered hw i came back from work thru a hectic traffic and as i arrived she said she wanted chicken and chips taht night. I had to go thru d same traffic and came back 3hrs later...food cold of course rejected...

2nd trimester.....d story continues...

This the experience of a true husband! So familiar.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
Mr Analytical, you are something special. Nothing is sexier than a gentlement. Your wife is indeed a very lucky woman. Keep being yourself. smiley
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
u ladies are so lucky............

God bless all these men who support their wives and partners thru pregnancy - its not easy o
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
A very educative and well supported thread.
Husbands and wives alike, thanks for sharing your experiences.
Patience is the key to achieving a lot of things.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by chinedumo(m): 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
chaircover: Roki please dont be scared. I was really pampered & if not that I have high risk pregnancies I wouldn't mind being pregnant every year wink

The way that man treated me during pregnancy has paid upfront for every single "misbehavior or misbehavement" grin that he can ever do to me. He is indeed a gem.

With my last, every morning before he set off for work, he would cook me yam and eggs and every evening it was Amala and okro. When he gets back in the evening, He would run me a bath, massage my back and my feet. I used to have the most weird cravings and most evenings he will stop by ASDA to pick up my latest request. I wanted my mum to stay with me to look after me but he said no; he got me pregnant and it was his responsibility to look after me.

I suffered from severe Hyperemesis gravidarum during both pregnancies with a quite a number of admissions in hospital for dehydration. I also suffered from painful PGP, however He was always at my side and he attended every single ante natal & physio appointment with me. I had more appointments than normal due to my medical condition, and he soon became a well known face in the maternity unit embarassed

I was a most grouchy, tearful & difficult pregnant woman but he never once lost his temper. No smells were allowed in the house, because it made me feel even more sick so he was not allowed to use any strong aftershave etc but he never complained and I remember the day he decided to add flavor to the okro and added locust beans I nearly committed murder that day.

The guy really tried and I still sometimes feel guilty at the way I behaved embarassed but it wasn't my fault sha . . . it was the hormones.
This Thread Makes Men proud. it does not bash men. I am yet to see a post that confirms the poster's (rokiatu) perception of some men as unconcerned [size=24pt]GREAT MEN OF NIGERIA [/size]
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pweetymama(f): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2012
Mine was very very supportive.he supported me emotionally,financially,physically'spritually nd otherwise.He was my pillar nd m really proud of him.He is actually d BEST.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Fairgodwin(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2012
Probably the best thread I've ever seen on nairaland; sorry, in recent times.

3 Likes

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
rokiatu: Mr Analytical, you are something special. Nothing is sexier than a gentlement. Your wife is indeed a very lucky woman. Keep being yourself. smiley

Thank you ma.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by sookoo: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Analytical
You are a great guy with the way you treated you wife!and you are so poetic!your write up made an easy an interesting read!why not try your hands on a novel?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / How To Handle Husband That Eats Out When There's A Misunderstanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.