Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1179731 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2017
Pharoh:
I understand the argument here but it all depends how success has to be measured.
* Success in non local league competitions?
* Success in terms of players getting good wages apart from the so called stars
* Success in terms of revenue accrued to the club from all available source?.

I am sure la liga is doing okay in one of the above at least but their reason why the tv money is not shared equally sounds compelling somehow to be honest. Though i really want to see the other clubs doing financially okay as well but generally money no dey spain like that ooo and one wonders where Barca and Madrid is getting all the money from.

nice to see you here again boss.

La Liga does well in the first one mainly.
Real and Barca in UCL with ATM and Sevilla in EUL.

However that success is not very feasible in the money aspect for players from the clubs involved from ATM and Sevilla nor Bilboa nor Valencia.

Its even good that the timing for el-Classico is has changed slightly from the midnight games of 11:00pm -1:00am games to a more earlier 7 -9pm games.

EPL is so well structured that games can occur at any time even for the BIG teams. This creates a sense of excitement as many things remains unpredictable.

Even the allocation of airtime is closer thus making all the clubs involved have more revenue from the TV stations.

This will make them all have more money at the end of the year and be able to pay more to players and build more better teams for the league. Instead of always selling to every premier team that comes calling for their players.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2017
Danilo did well that night

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2017
hardeycute:
I would love him to recover his form at city.

Jesu O seun, eyin Malaika e seun. I bet Neymar and Carrasco are sad about this. Bale! watch your back.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2017
monerozi5590:

It is official already...... Danilo is now a city player
Just got the news now. You can't imagine how excited I am.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
usbcable:
growth will always be restricted or slow in a non-compatitive and fair environment.

The leagues are business themselves composed of many businesses/companies (the football clubs).

If undue advantage is always accorded to just 2 teams as against the remaining 16 then why would you expect the $$$ to come into the league.

EPL is growing in leaps and bounds simply because every team has a great plain level competition from TV rights and sharing of marketing revenue etc unlike La Liga.

Basically the other teams in La Liga are treated as second class clubs in the first division.

and just as you rightly said it has plainly remained as who blinks first between Real and Barca.
Viewership in the BPL is not the same as in the La Liga. Why the two rakes in more money can be blamed on how much the other teams assist in raking in for the Santander.

A match between Gijon and Malaga could record 20,000 in attendance while a West Ham vs Crystal Palace would record more. True, it hinders the flow and impacts the little guys but the club owners owe there clubs whether they would want our break even or otherwise.

The BPL is growing, yes, but it still does not take away the fact that every team in the league would still fall before a Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. Until other club owners in the La Liga consider breaking the bank and renovating their stadium, they would forever remain a second fiddle to the two.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Pharoh: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
usbcable:

nice to see you here again boss.

La Liga does well in the first one mainly.
Real and Barca in UCL with ATM and Sevilla in EUL.

However that success is not very feasible in the money aspect for players from the clubs involved from ATM and Sevilla nor Bilboa nor Valencia.

Its even good that the timing for el-Classico is has changed slightly from the midnight games of 11:00pm -1:00am games to a more earlier 7 -9pm games.

EPL is so well structured that games can occur at any time even for the BIG teams. This creates a sense of excitement as many things remains unpredictable.

Even the allocation of airtime is closer thus making all the clubs involved have more revenue from the TV stations.

This will make them all have more money at the end of the year and be able to pay more to players and build more better teams for the league. Instead of always selling to every premier team that comes calling for their players.

Thank you man and good to see you guys again, been silent for a while.

I completely agree that the premiership is very well structured and sharing the money is so balanced that each of the teams have a fighting chance in the league.

I have gone through the system in addition to the ones you mentioned above to see that any determined team can get good money to manage herself in the league.

Nevertheless lets see it from this angle, no amount of tv money will make any club successful or grow. Chelsea, Mancity, PSG, RB Leipig, AC Milan and Leicester city did not rise up through tv money. They were all supported from rich sources and these big clubs will pounce on any star players from the other smaller clubs.

Man City just pounced on Kylie Walker, Liverpool, Manchester and Chelsea will do same just like Juventus, Real Madrid or barcelona. Between 1994 and 2011 PSG did not record any significant success but they are doing so now from Qatar financial support.

The argument in la liga is that these two clubs spend money to make themselves marketable and competitive, so they deserve to get more share of the tv money because el classico and the appeal of these two clubs is a factor in the amount of money la liga gets from the tv sponsors.

They are going to pursue a gradual adjustment process and not changing the system that will affect El classico or the competitiveness of these two clubs in Europe. I hope they hurry up in the reforms and see that the likes of valencia, sevilla, bilbao, soceidad, A-Madrid, espanyol and Villarreal becomes strong.

Maximum of 10 strong la liga teams is okay for me.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
Real Madrid XI vs. Man Utd: • Navas; Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo; Modric, Kroos, Isco; Vazquez, Benzema, & Bale. ¡¡HALA MADRID!!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Pharoh: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2017
What we need is the uefa super cup and supercopa, am not worried about pre season.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
Pharoh:

Thank you man and good to see you guys again, been silent for a while.

I completely agree that the premiership is very well structured and sharing the money is so balanced that each of the teams have a fighting chance in the league.

I have gone through the system in addition to the ones you mentioned above to see that any determined team can get good money to manage herself in the league.

Nevertheless lets see it from this angle, no amount of tv money will make any club successful or grow. Chelsea, Mancity, PSG, RB Leipig, AC Milan and Leicester city did not rise up through tv money. They were all supported from rich sources and these big clubs will pounce on any star players from the other smaller clubs.

Man City just pounced on Kylie Walker, Liverpool, Manchester and Chelsea will do same just like Juventus, Real Madrid or barcelona. Between 1994 and 2011 PSG did not record any significant success but they are doing so now from Qatar financial support.

The argument in la liga is that these two clubs spend money to make themselves marketable and competitive, so they deserve to get more share of the tv money because el classico and the appeal of these two clubs is a factor in the amount of money la liga gets from the tv sponsors.

They are going to pursue a gradual adjustment process and not changing the system that will affect El classico or the competitiveness of these two clubs in Europe. I hope they hurry up in the reforms and see that the likes of valencia, sevilla, bilbao, soceidad, A-Madrid, espanyol and Villarreal becomes strong.

Maximum of 10 strong la liga teams is okay for me.
This just sums my point.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Perez is now using his brain to develop talents
But where is Odegaard Martin.

Cristo Gonzalez[pics] from Tenerife just signed.He is 19yrs,to play for Castilla

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 7:20am On Jul 25, 2017
hardeycute:
Perez is now using his brain to develop talents

But where is Odegaard Martin.

Cristo Gonzalez[pics] from Tenerife just signed.He is 19yrs,to play for Castilla

we've always had youth players, Perez actually liked youth, the problems he had back then was mainly due to those youth players not being good enough and that's a bitter fact, asides Eto'o, I can't think of another youth

let's take a look at hyped youth players we've sold

Marcos Alonso would be a sub at best

Mata would not be a starter at Madrid

Alvaro Negredo, don't know which team he even plays for at present

that's where the good ends and only gets worse from there

Pablo Sarabia (remember him?) where is he now?

Alberto Bueno plays for Valladolid

Daniel Opare who we thought would be our answer to RB issues now plays for Lens but hardly starts

Javier Balboa now plays in Portuguese third division, last I heard

Javi Garcia won't make our team

Roberto Soldado isn't good enough for us either

neither is Daniel Parejo who plays for Eibar I think

these are off the top of my heads

the only thing one can say Perez is doing differently however is this buyback clause, in times past he'll loan and loan then eventually sell but buyback sales is actually advantageous because:

for loans, the club we loan the player to may not want to use the player as there's next to no benefit in developing a player with a team when he won't be there next season, they'd rather use other players; check what happened to Borja Mayoral

buyback clauses however is a kind of lose lose situation for the club we loan the player to, more often than not buyback clauses are valid for 1-3 years while still selling the player for their market's worth, this is a gain gain situation for us, if the player pans out good and he happens to be what we need in the future we'll simply buy him back and if the player is not good enough or didn't improve enough, we'll simply wait and see if he improves for the duration of the clause and if he's not good enough, forget him

this helps both financially and teamwise because we can always buyback a player and selling him (Morata) while making huge profit (learnt we made about €60M from Morata's sale)

so while Perez is paying attention to youths today, we shouldn't think he wasn't in times past, its just that most of those youth players then weren't good enough for first team and now we are lucky to be getting players that are of good quality at least to be backup
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

we've always had youth players, Perez actually liked youth, the problems he had back then was mainly due to those youth players not being good enough and that's a bitter fact, asides Eto'o, I can't think of another youth

let's take a look at hyped youth players we've sold

Marcos Alonso would be a sub at best

Mata would not be a starter at Madrid

Alvaro Negredo, don't know which team he even plays for at present

that's where the good ends and only gets worse from there

Pablo Sarabia (remember him?) where is he now?

Alberto Bueno plays for Valladolid

Daniel Opare who we thought would be our answer to RB issues now plays for Lens but hardly starts

Javier Balboa now plays in Portuguese third division, last I heard

Javi Garcia won't make our team

Roberto Soldado isn't good enough for us either

neither is Daniel Parejo who plays for Eibar I think

these are off the top of my heads

the only thing one can say Perez is doing differently however is this buyback clause, in times past he'll loan and loan then eventually sell but buyback sales is actually advantageous because:

for loans, the club we loan the player to may not want to use the player as there's next to no benefit in developing a player with a team when he won't be there next season, they'd rather use other players; check what happened to Borja Mayoral

buyback clauses however is a kind of lose lose situation for the club we loan the player to, more often than not buyback clauses are valid for 1-3 years while still selling the player for their market's worth, this is a gain gain situation for us, if the player pans out good and he happens to be what we need in the future we'll simply buy him back and if the player is not good enough or didn't improve enough, we'll simply wait and see if he improves for the duration of the clause and if he's not good enough, forget him

this helps both financially and teamwise because we can always buyback a player and selling him (Morata) while making huge profit (learnt we made about €60M from Morata's sale)

so while Perez is paying attention to youths today, we shouldn't think he wasn't in times past, its just that most of those youth players then weren't good enough for first team and now we are lucky to be getting players that are of good quality at least to be backup

Beautiful write up.. What is your thought on Achraf Hakimi?. I so much love him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 7:51am On Jul 25, 2017
monerozi5590:

Beautiful write up.. What is your thought on Achraf Hakimi?. I so much love him.

Hakimi is really good but his problem are 2:

1. Real Madrid politics, Alvaro Terejo is the captain of our youth team, older than Hakimi but not as talented as Hakimi, that explains why we used Terejo in certain matches last season when we should be using Hakimi instead

2. he needs playing time and can only get that on loan; even if we put him in the first team, the likes of Carvajal and Nacho would still be the go to guys for right back, this makes him third choice which isn't good for his development (look what happened to Mariano), he needs to go on loan to a midtable side that'll give him more opportunities and senior football experience unless Zizou wants to make him second right back option and restrict Nacho's role to CB backup alone
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hakimi is really good but his problem are 2:

1. Real Madrid politics, Alvaro Terejo is the captain of our youth team, older than Hakimi but not as talented as Hakimi, that explains why we used Terejo in certain matches last season when we should be using Hakimi instead

2. he needs playing time and can only get that on loan; even if we put him in the first team, the likes of Carvajal and Nacho would still be the go to guys for right back, this makes him third choice which isn't good for his development (look what happened to Mariano), he needs to go on loan to a midtable side that'll give him more opportunities and senior football experience unless Zizou wants to make him second right back option and restrict Nacho's role to CB backup alone

You are very correct.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
I heard we bid €180M for Mbappe, what the fork!!!!!!!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I heard we bid €180M for Mbappe, what the fork!!!!!!!
It is really outrageous.Mbappe will be a bad inclusion to the team because of Ronaldo -Benzema link up play.

I even think the boy is overrated
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
And I thought Madrid was making sensible activities in the transfer market this summer. Haven't they learned any lesson from Bale's transfer? 180 million Euros for a player nobody knew two seasons ago? That's outrageous.

I know Mbappe will definitely leave Monaco as most of the team key players had gone, but 180 with 20 millions add ons for me is a no no.

Perez use your brain.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
Rajmeista:
And I thought Madrid was making sensible activities in the transfer market this summer. Haven't they learned any lesson from Bale's transfer? 180 million Euros for a player nobody knew two seasons ago? That's outrageous.

I know Mbappe will definitely leave Monaco as most of the team key players had gone, but 180 with 20 millions add ons for me is a no no.

Perez use your brain.
Mbappe is out rightly overrated. I believe it is wrong to consider Bale a flop. Other players suffer at the expense of Ronaldo in the team, which I have come to hate. Bale is always subliminal when he plays without Ronaldo. We have seen him decide the outcome of matches countless times.

As for Mbappe, I pray negotiations break down. Mbappe isn't worth more than #50. He is yet to be tested and going ahead to sign him would mean buying a black box without ascertaining the content.

Perez can be power and money drunk but I pray he uses his brain on this one.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Mbappe is out rightly overrated. I believe it is wrong to consider Bale a flop. Other players suffer at the expense of Ronaldo in the team, which I have come to hate. Bale is always subliminal when he plays without Ronaldo. We have seen him decide the outcome of matches countless times.

As for Mbappe, I pray negotiations break down. Mbappe isn't worth more than #50. He is yet to be tested and going ahead to sign him would mean buying a black box without ascertaining the content.

I really wish Mbappe get injured in training.

Perez is stupid if this deal pulls through

I can't just stand the ridicule
A Neymar for 222euros is 10x best

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

You made a very good point. Bale is not a flop but he has not actually been up to par despite the fact that we have won trophies. My opinion though.
I would like you to observe these following things I believe every madridsta has also observed about Bale.

1. Bale runs but lacks creativity.

2. Bale is injury prone which many has likened him to Kaka when he was at Madrid.

3. Bale's recent display negates what made BBC firm then. Now you often find Bale jousting in the box with Ronaldo and Benzema. He doesn't stay on the flank anymore where his strength actually lies, leaving Carvajal running back and forth at the flank facing the 2 and 11 of the opponents.

4. To sum it all, he doesn't play 90 mins even in big matches. And i am sure there are matches you also would have clamoured for the coach to remove him. This is not only about Asensio or Vazquez stepping up, It's also about Bale not raising his game even when his fit.

A player signed with such amount should know a huge expectation will be placed on him. If he were to be signed around 40-60, trust me there wouldn't have been much criticism. When Bale was signed no Barca fan could compare Neymar to him. But now can we in our right minds compare Bale to Neymar?

One more thing, you were right about Ronaldo but the coach, president, and madridstas like me have accepted that about him. Besides, Ronaldo has been assisting many goals so what are we actually saying?

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
hardeycute:
I really wish Mbappe get injured in training.

Perez is stupid if this deal pulls through

I can't just stand the ridicule
A Neymar for 222euros is 10x best
From the look of things, the deal might just end up working, which would be a sad day for right thinking Madridistas.

Neymar is pure class but the politics of the game might never make him consider Madrid except the like of Ronaldo, R.Carlos and Pele step in.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
Rajmeista:

You made a very good point. Bale is not a flop but he has not actually been up to par despite the fact that we have won trophies. My opinion though.
I would like you to observe these following things I believe every madridsta has also observed about Bale.
Well, I believe there is a reason he has not been able to perform up to par. Other than his injuries, the entire team works as a network to deliver to Ronaldo. Besides, the team is so easy that almost everyone scores. So for a forward as Bale scoring, it is not special save he does about 30+ in a season, which is almost impossible for several reasons.

1. Bale runs but lacks creativity.
I totally agree with you here. He has a strength and I believe we should live him for that. There are so many players like him in the game that does not even come close.

2. Bale is injury prone which many has likened him to Kaka when he was at Madrid.
I hate to say this but I have to. We have horrible physios as a club. Bale keeps falling to the same injury every time, gets treated and goes back. You cannot blame him. The right thing to do is to isolate him and let him heal at his own pace rather than inject him with pain killers and push him onto the field as instructed by the board.

3. Bale's recent display negates what made BBC firm then. Now you often find Bale jousting in the box with Ronaldo and Benzema. He doesn't stay on the flank anymore where his strength actually lies, leaving Carvajal running back and forth at the flank facing the 2 and 11 of the opponents.
Yes, I have come to notice this too. Again, it is not his fault and I am not in any way making excuses for him. Ronaldo has greatly reduced, performance-wise. He is only lucky Zidane is around to manage him. He rarely flanks like he used to and tend to switch at intervals, which hinders Bale and Benzema. This is why, often times, Benzema is caught in no man's land with the ball on the flanks and ends up goofing.

The BBC was dangerous because each had their defined positions. The story is different today. Ronaldo jumps where the ball is, causing the other two to swap roles.

4. To sum it all, he doesn't play 90 mins even in big matches. And i am sure there are matches you also would have clamoured for the coach to remove him. This is not only about Asensio or Vazquez stepping up, It's also about Bale not raising his game even when his fit
Truth is, we are blessed as a club to have so many talents. That Bale isn't playing full matches is all attributed to his injury and the ever ready Isco. Of course, players do have bad days on the pitch and a player would only give a sublime performance if he had not lost touch. Injuries make players rusty and inefficient. The same plagues Bale.

A player signed with such amount should know a huge expectation will be placed on him. If he were to be signed around 40-60, trust me there wouldn't have been much criticism. When Bale was signed no Barca fan could compare Neymar to him. But now can we in our right minds compare Bale to Neymar?
I wouldn't want us to get carried away with comparisons because it can be unfair in some cases. I believe you still remember that Bale was a defender converted to forward? He didn't set out playing 11. But even at that, I knew his chances of succeeding was little. Others hardly succeed where Ronaldo play. There was a game wherein we were comfortably leading and another goal was added, Ronaldo got angry because he hadn't scored a single goal in the game. We won but someone was displeased. Truth is, I sense side talks in the team but Zidane has been amazing with the team. A while lot would surface when some players retire. Neymar and Bale are very different players.

One more thing, you were right about Ronaldo but the coach, president, and madridstas like me have accepted that about him. Besides, Ronaldo has been assisting many goals so what are we actually saying?
True. Ronaldo has been assisting a lot lately because he no longer flanks like he used to. He pace has really slowed and he played most part of last season as a striker rather than as a winger.

Shortly before the season ended, there were reports in Spain that Ronaldo had claimed he preferred Benzema to Morata. Goal further claimed that the talks must have come from the fact that Morata is more clinical than Benzema and he ends up outshining Ronaldo when the duo plays.

I love the team a great deal but I'm fast praying Ronaldo retires so that the likes of Odegaard would come through. Mbappe would only be a second fiddle even if he tries to make an impression. Ronaldo is a highly competitive player and it is fast becoming dangerous because others end up paying for this.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Well, I believe there is a reason he has not been able to perform up to par. Other than his injuries, the entire team works as a network to deliver to Ronaldo. Besides, the team is so easy that almost everyone scores. So for a forward as Bale scoring, it is not special save he does about 30+ in a season, which is almost impossible for several reasons.

I totally agree with you here. He has a strength and I believe we should live him for that. There are so many players like him in the game that does not even come close.

I hate to say this but I have to. We have horrible physios as a club. Bale keeps falling to the same injury every time, gets treated and goes back. You cannot blame him. The right thing to do is to isolate him and let him heal at his own pace rather than inject him with pain killers and push him onto the field as instructed by the board.

Yes, I have come to notice this too. Again, it is not his fault and I am not in any way making excuses for him. Ronaldo has greatly reduced, performance-wise. He is only lucky Zidane is around to manage him. He rarely flanks like he used to and tend to switch at intervals, which hinders Bale and Benzema. This is why, often times, Benzema is caught in no man's land with the ball on the flanks and ends up goofing.

The BBC was dangerous because each had their defined positions. The story is different today. Ronaldo jumps where the ball is, causing the other two to swap roles.

Truth is, we are blessed as a club to have so many talents. That Bale isn't playing full matches is all attributed to his injury and the ever ready Isco. Of course, players do have bad days on the pitch and a player would only give a sublime performance if he had not lost touch. Injuries make players rusty and inefficient. The same plagues Bale.

I wouldn't want us to get carried away with comparisons because it can be unfair in some cases. I believe you still remember that Bale was a defender converted to forward? He didn't set out playing 11. But even at that, I knew his chances of succeeding was little. Others hardly succeed where Ronaldo play. There was a game wherein we were comfortably leading and another goal was added, Ronaldo got angry because he hadn't scored a single goal in the game. We won but someone was displeased. Truth is, I sense side talks in the team but Zidane has been amazing with the team. A while lot would surface when some players retire. Neymar and Bale are very different players.

True. Ronaldo has been assisting a lot lately because he no longer flanks like he used to. He pace has really slowed and he played most part of last season as a striker rather than as a winger.

Shortly before the season ended, there were reports in Spain that Ronaldo had claimed he preferred Benzema to Morata. Goal further claimed that the talks must have come from the fact that Morata is more clinical than Benzema and he ends up outshining Ronaldo when the duo plays.

I love the team a great deal but I'm fast praying Ronaldo retires so that the likes of Odegaard would come through. Mbappe would only be a second fiddle even if he tries to make an impression. Ronaldo is a highly competitive player and it is fast becoming dangerous because others end up paying for this.

You made some fantastic points.
Truly, Zidane has been amazing with the team.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

From the look of things, the deal might just end up working, which would be a sad day for right thinking Madridistas.

Neymar is pure class but the politics of the game might never make him consider Madrid except the like of Ronaldo, R.Carlos and Pele step in.

I pray this doesn't destabilise the team. Cos I remember Goal reported years ago when Ancelotti claimed Ronaldo hated to hear that Bale was more expensive than him.

Also, madridstas have been tagged as the worst fans in contemporary football cos they boo their own players. With this, just imagine how the Bernabeu faithful would pounce on the boy if he fails to perform after signing him with such huge amount. This would be a nightmare.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Sanchez01: 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
Rajmeista:

I pray this doesn't destabilise the team. Cos I remember Goal reported years ago when Ancelotti claimed Ronaldo hated to hear that Bale was more expensive than him.

Also, madridstas have been tagged as the worst fans in contemporary football cos they boo their own players. With this, just imagine how the Bernabeu faithful would pounce on the boy if he fails to perform after signing him with such huge amount. This would be a nightmare.
Very true. @the emboldened, you wouldn't blame us. This is a club whose DNA is embedded with winning. We don't celebrate mediocrity and we are very impatient when it comes to our players. Casillas suffered the same, just as Ronaldo and almost every member of the team.

Bale is going through trying times not because he is a flop. Quite frankly, most Madridistas understand why and as long as others are covering for his failures, he might not really get the cane. Problems would come the day the world depends on him and he fails to deliver.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
Perez has gone mad again.
Morata is better than Mpappe for crying out loud.
Why sell Morata to replace him with Mpappe? It doesn't make sense at all.
Raul please talk to Perez, he has started his madness again.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Apart from Buhari being a fraud to Nigerians. Mbappe deal will be the worst.

Perez is just a sick head

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2017
monerozi5590:
Perez has gone mad again.

Morata is better than Mpappe for crying out loud.

Why sell Morata to replace him with Mpappe? It doesn't make sense at all.

Raul please talk to Perez, he has started his madness again.

One would think he'd learn from the James fiasco undecided
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mbappe... I expect him to come.but when and at what price, that is had to guess.

Papa Perez may have caught the bug again.

More so this is an election year and he always signs big players every election year.

My fear is not even signing of the teenagers but the effect on team Psyche.

How would the old war horses feel?
How will the youngsters that have contributed to the success of the team feel?

How are we certain it won't lead to forcing Zidane to always play him just because of his price tag at the detriment of the team chemistry.

Too many questions with little or no answers
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
usbcable:
Mbappe... I expect him to come.but when and at what price, that is had to guess.

Papa Perez may have caught the bug again.

More so this is an election year and he always signs big players every election year.

My fear is not even signing of the teenagers but the effect on team Psyche.

How would the old war horses feel?
How will the youngsters that have contributed to the success of the team feel?

How are we certain it won't lead to forcing Zidane to always play him just because of his price tag at the detriment of the team chemistry.

Too many questions with little or no answers

Election has come and gone already.... He won unopposed.

Nobody contested against him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 27, 2017
what the fúçk is going on how can we be losing 3 nil to man shitty of all people

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.