Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,485 members, 7,901,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:04 AM

OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 (11051 Views)

Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger / List Of Courses Done In Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Umudike / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by damilola15: 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2012
Interestingly, those top ten courses are suppose to move a country forward, but what happens in Nigeria.
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by tanimola22: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ghydyon: To all those who seek admission to the great citadel of learning for this year.Below are the top 10 courses that Most candidates apply for;

1.Accountancy=9406
2.Medicine & surgery=9185
3.Law=6043
4.Nursing=4441
5.Economics=4281
6.Pharmacy=2890
7.Political sci=2244
8.Public admin=2216
9.International relations=1688
10.Computer engineering=1590

http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme/CheckInstitutionStatisitics.aspx

How come more people are interested in Accounting than Economics? The same Accounting exams that History, Igbo, Philosophy, Zoology, Forestry and Yoruba students consistently ace to become chartered accountants. If I had a younger brother, I would definitely advise him to pursue Economics instead of Accounting. I wonder why the craze for a degree in Accounting.

T22
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by femifalad(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2012
pls can u explain to me the advance (after ume and direct entry) admission requirement of the accounting department.they wrote ican/ats 1, 2 and 3.does it mean i can apply with ats 1, 2 or 3 result?PLS I WILL APPRECIATE UR REPLY SOONEST.THANKS
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by femifalad(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
to make my self more clear i hav copy the page and paste here pls explan the advance level requirement especialy if i can use ats1 result. Applicants seeking admission to Part I (First Year) of a degree course in the University must be qualified for admission before the beginning of the session in which they wish to enter. The applicants must meet both: 1. the general entrance requirements, and 2. additional Faculty or Departmental course requirements. Students intending to enter the University are advised to obtain information from the University about entry requirements to ensure that they have satisfied the requirements by the time they apply for admission. Applications for courses leading to first degrees must be made on the prescribed form obtainable from the Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Suleja Road, Bwari, PMB 189, Garki, Abuja. The minimum entry requirements to the first year is a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent) with Credit passes in at least five subjects chosen from a list approved from time to time by Senate provided that in each case all the five subjects are taken and passed at not more than two sittings. 1. One of the passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in English Language. 2. Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics. 3. A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level. In addition to satisfying the minimum requirements indicated in regulations 1 and 2 above, candidates for the courses listed below must, among the five subjects presented in fulfilment of minimum requirements, also include the subjects and satisfy the other requirements indicated. It may be assumed that further requirements are not imposed for any degree course not shown in the following list. UME: English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other Social Science subject. ‘O’ Level Requirements: Five ‘O’ level credits which should include English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any two other subjects from Government, Yoruba, Biology. Direct Entry: Candidates with National Diploma (OND) in Accounting with minimum of Upper Credit are accepted. OR Advanced Level: Candidates with Advanced Level passes in Economics, Accounting, Business Management, plus Government and Geography or ICAN/ATS I, II and III.
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by Delaw7(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

With the amount of criminals in Nigeria, soon Lawyers would be the wealtiest people in Naija. . . As for med students. . I dey laugh.

I wonder why people dey fer engineering!

You no know say na ICT get world naw abi?
u dey ask say wetin Engineering dey do?
U tink say u firm fit dey al rht witout dem?
I beg mind ur self ooo.
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by valuba: 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2012
Get unlimited post ume past question papers of any higher institution of your choice for just N100!!.
Available past questions includes:

OAU
Yabatech
Unizik
Futa
Anambra state university
Ebonyi state university
Laspotech
Unilag
Uniben
Futo
Lasu
Lagos state university
School of nursing
Etc

Our other services includes

Career guide
Admission tips
Exam prepsration tips
Post ume passing and school of choice
Online tutorials
Virtual classroom
Online virtual examination
Accommodation booking
Transportation booking
Tertiary institution ratings
Etc.

Visit there now and don't be told!!!
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by meetmeonline: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
[b]I once wrote to professor Ojerinde (JAMB oga) on this; it is a very simple problem to solve. The reason why this happens is because we let these kids jump into seemingly juicy courses without giving a forewarn. The number of times JAMB jammed me gave me a lot of experience in what was really happening in Nigerian Post-UME level.

The reason people do not get admission into universities is not that they entirely do not pass but just the fact that the number of passed applicants cannot be supported by the facilities on ground. This is where the cut-off point comes into play.

Parents are also to blame for this because they try influencing and sometimes use coercion to get their kids into fields they selfishly desire. For all I can shout it, why should parents think of having a doctor at home and the first thing that comes to their minds is forcing their child into it?..is there any department that cannot admit aged students? why can't they apply to become the doctor themselves?

Nothing on the planet will make OAU admit over 300 students in the department of Accountancy in this current session. This simply means that over 9,100 applicants were wasting their time and will not do better than increasing the VC's net-worth by millions of naira when he wins the seduction of encouraging them to come and pay N2,000 each for post-UME. What hits me mostly is when they come up with the plan that even people with 180 should apply for PUME and you see people with 181 lining up in banks, hoping to be students by next year; sorry!

[size=14pt]SOLUTION TO THIS (as I suggested to JAMB oga):

I have not verified if this has been implemented now but JAMB must now provide a online application in her website that tell new applicants and warn them on the number of candidates that have applied so far (in real time) for a course in relation to the same course in other Nigerian schools. A candidate loving Accounting can now decide to settle for Zamfara State University with only 30 candidates rather than UNILAG with 2,000 applying at that time. Also, candidates loving OAU can now settle for Plant Science with 21' rather than Biochemistry with 700 applicants already. By this more people will get admission into schools than what we have now.[/size]

We have people like myself begging to offer free solutions to every problem in Nigeria but not the voice to speak...

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BIA(sorry) NIGERIA[/b]

1 Like

Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by dyemida(m): 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
[quote author=Ghydyon]To all those who seek admission to the great citadel of learning for this year.Below are the top 10 courses that Most candidates apply for;

1.Accountancy=9406
2.Medicine & surgery=9185
I av been applying for d department of accountin for the past 3 years...but bco of d pressure, even though i score high+ i was still nt given admission...so I had .Law=6043
4.Nursing=4441
5.Economics=4281
6.Pharmacy=2890
7.Political sci=2244
8.Public admin=2216
9.International relations=1688
10.Computer engineering=1590

http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme/CheckInstitutionStatisitics.aspx[/iquote]
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by dyemida(m): 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
I av been applying for d department of accounting for the past 3 years but because of d pressure, d cut off mark is usually high....so I had 2 switch over 2 Geography this year...this year must not pass me by
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by israel111(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
Yes
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by cloaked(m): 5:22am On Jun 05, 2012
i can't access d link on my phone,it's a java related phone!...can anyone pls help me check d statistics 4 engineering physics?!...would really be obliged if anyone could!...Fenks
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by Ghydyon(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2012
cloaked: i can't access d link on my phone,it's a java related phone!...can anyone pls help me check d statistics 4 engineering physics?!...would really be obliged if anyone could!...Fenks
NOTE; its not d oau post utme statistics bt d jamb statistics dat is to say its include dose who choose oau 4 jamb
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by cloaked(m): 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ghydyon: NOTE; its not d oau post utme statistics bt d jamb statistics dat is to say its include dose who choose oau 4 jamb
....yep, i get!...just need 2 knw 4 reference sake!...L.I.H.S would really be obliged if u could post it 4 me!...Fenks
Re: OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012 by CHANDEL(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
SOMEONE HELP Me check med rehab stats in oau,i had 249 and 210,jamb and pume respectively.thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 College Degrees That Will Be Extinct In 20 Years / (lautech) Has Now Been Sold And Now Will Be Run By The Federal Government. / ASUU May Call Off Strike On Tuesday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.