Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,314 members, 7,929,000 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:23 AM

Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures (53169 Views)

Ambrose Alli University In Pictures / Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
[quote author=naijanelly][/quote]Your real problem with him isn't the university or the cost of going there, it's that you already see him as bad. Which means if he owned a hospital meant for the elite you'd still beef. I'd advice that you treat each case on merit.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2012
rhymz: 2. While I agree with you that we need more tertiary institutions to cater for the huge number of secondary school levers that look for admission every year, I do not neccessarily believe that building elitist Universities will do or has done much to bridge that gap. Let me use your own figures and demonstrate my points: what is the use if less than 10% from your 50% admissible applicants are the only ones that can afford the cut throat school fees? Such progress is negligible and exploitative as it digresses from solving the problem but instead exploit it. And that is what these new host of church owned private schools have done and are still doing, they have left the task of helping the government better our education standards and have instead created their own exploitative empires knowing very well that our options are very limited. Let us face it, government can't do it all alone, they need the support of everyone, every organization, every religion and every government agency and so on. Our public schools are decaying because of our noncommittal attitude towards public structures, facilities and institutions, instead we are all exploiting its decadance and worsening it. Everything is now capitalist in nature to the extent it has surreptitiously crept into the church, yes, cos your importance to the church these days is based on your financial commitments to the church.
Private school generally cost more than public schools. What's the point having a free-cost institution when its true purpose(educational upliftment) is defeated. you think ASUU going on strike is because they want to take vacations? Please wake up, this is the real world.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by ignis: 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
cyril83: Pls do they stil collect offering in winners chapel?...if yes I wud love to say diz man is notin buh a scammer,scamming pple in the name of God...God is watching
watch ur mouth, else God will punish you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by mannyU: 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
josga: Pls as u guys reply/comment beware of blasphemy. Dont say nasty things about God's servant. Its a great SIN

Jus shut up if u have nuffin 2 say. SHUT UP.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by pato405(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2012
this capitalist of a pastor is just busy contributing to the greatest problem of youths in Nigeria. where will the graduates they churn out work? unemployment rake is sky-rocketing and he's simply making it worse. 3 Universities all to one man. na wa o!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
fresh_dude: Private school generally cost more than public schools. What's the point having a free-cost institution when its true purpose(educational upliftment) is defeated. you think ASUU going on strike is because they want to take vacations? Please wake up, this is the real world.
if you can't read or comprehend my point, don't use close ended statements to quote me biko....this is not about private school and et al.....we are talking about Christian mission schools whose major concern should not be profitability if realy they go by their claims. If you have valid points please bring it on and let's debate, I am not the type to indulge in aimless argument bereft of logic and common sense. Read and understand my argument before rushing to dismiss it as whatever.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by sylve11: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2012
Lol at some of the replies. grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by playmode(m): 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
I see Nigerians in all their stupidity will never stop idol worshiping.So oyedepo the scam artist built a school that 90% of Nigerians cannot afford but you all worship him? You guys have no ability to reason like intelligent beings
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
rhymz:
if you can't read or comprehend my point, don't use close ended statements to quote me biko....this is not about private school and et al.....we are talking about Christian mission schools whose major concern should not be profitability if realy they go by their claims. If you have valid points please bring it on and let's debate, I am not the type to indulge in aimless argument bereft of logic and common sense. Read and understand my argument before rushing to dismiss it as whatever.
Olodo the idea is viabilty and self-sustenance, but of course your sound logic escaped that. If you weren't so fidgety you'd realised I chose to respond on one point of three, why take the damn thing peronal.smh
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
dadaic: @fresh_dude...If you can read properly, you will see what i have said, the ailing educational system has not and will not be resolved, because the ones in charge or who owns them are not concerned because their aim is to make cash, now tell me, can an average man who earns 150k afford to pay such fees to this school, instead, they take them to Fed. schools, now, i am saying if the schools are built with so much cash, why not build SME's, and employ some of his students from his first school that are yet to have jobs, rather than have schools that compete with fees, and yet can't produce the best students or whatsoever.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
fresh_dude: Olodo the idea is viabilty and self-sustenance, but of course your sound logic escaped that. If you weren't so fidgety you'd realised I chose to respond on one point of three, why take the damn thing peronal.smh
obviously you have got nothing reasonable to comment, so just slide.....henceforth, you will be treated like a kid. Now run off to your play ground and let adults discuss.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
The rate of bigotry on this forum is very amusing. People choosing not to see the truth because their pastor is involved. Anyways, I have always known us to be more religious than spiritual.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
rhymz: obviously you have got nothing reasonable to comment, so just slide.....henceforth, you will be treated like a kid. Now run off to your play ground and let adults discuss.
Actually I'm leaving the playground for you. Enjoy it uncle.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Gentleboby: 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2012
Good Job my Bishop.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by McGeorge1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2012
cyril83: Pls do they stil collect offering in winners chapel?...if yes I wud love to say diz man is notin buh a scammer,scamming pple in the name of God...God is watching
ure such an ASSHOLE! Ungrateful idiottt... I wonder where ure from. Just think ur village must be far from mine.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2012
GboyegaD: The rate of bigotry on this forum is very amusing. People choosing not to see the truth because their pastor is involved. Anyways, I have always known us to be more religious than spiritual.
exactly my point o.....this same loonies criticized rev king without qualms o....nobody resorted to the redundant threat of cursing anyone who tells an MOG the truth. You see them so willingly to be blind to the truth that wonder if they are getting paid.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
They could have don't better with the buildings and other infrastructure. Those are shabby-looking buildings.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by buoye1(m): 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
fados4sure: That is Landmark university in Irepodun Local government area Omu Aran, Kwara state. Where i did my NYSC.
dats true...dats ma village nd av bin to d university times widout numb......d man of God realy spent alot dia
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by MissEZ(f): 12:55am On Apr 29, 2012
josga: Pls as u guys reply/comment beware of blasphemy. Dont say nasty things about God's servant. Its a great SIN

You obviously do not know the meaning of blasphemy. Except Oyedepo is now God or the Holy Spirit.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 29, 2012
:othis is anoda milestone from a Nigerian. we should start appreciating what he is doing. if half of the money looted from Nigeria coffer were used to open an institution like this or an industry we would not be talking about unemployment now but people coming into Nigeria to look for jobs in those industries not nigerians going to Ghana and south Africa even libya to look for jobs.
'Abeg', please u should do more. Atleast it will decongest people going to public institution(those that can afford it) and increases the chances of the poor and those without quality education in secondary school, getting into public institutions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by CyberG: 5:00am On Apr 29, 2012
all4naija: They could have don't better with the buildings and other infrastructure. Those are shabby-looking buildings.

Shabby looking! How much is your Federal Government investing on the new universities? Tell the figures if you know it but I am sure you have no clue! Here is a hint from NL: N 9 B for 9 universities while this private university will invest 7 B before any student is even admitted. Now while Jonastupid is spending so little for 9 universities, he will be eating 1 B worth of food only for himself and family. So before you criticize a private enterprise with limited funding, what has your government or yourself done?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 29, 2012
CyberG:

Shabby looking! How much is your Federal Government investing on the new universities? Tell the figures if you know it but I am sure you have no clue! Here is a hint from NL: N 9 B for 9 universities while this private university will invest 7 B before any student is even admitted. Now while Jonastupid is spending so little for 9 universities, he will be eating 1 B worth of food only for himself and family. So before you criticize a private enterprise with limited funding, what has your government or yourself done?
Be careful what you say before Uncle Rhymz calls you a bigot for using your brain and asking valid questions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by Anvaller: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2012
The question is if Oyedepo was never a pastor, where would all his billions come from? How do the member of his church who are the actual donors benefit from these money spinning ventures? Different universities with different brand names to target different customer groups - Simple business strategy.
If some potential customers would not patronize Covenant because it's strict and the system is not very open, and since we are not ready to change our brand and packaging, let's establish another university with a totally different packaging and branding, we can use that to target this potential groups. I repeat, simple business strategy.
Now, if some ppl says we should hail him because he is helping Nigeria economically by providing jobs and all that, what we are saying is that he Oyedepo can do exactly the same thing by throwing the system open and let all the stake holders benefit one way or the other from the proceeds of these universities. As long as all the profits is going to Oyedepo alone so that he can by more jets and build castles on the sea, there is something very wrong.

Now, to all saying he is better than the politicians, may be u all have to have a rethink. Politicians usually don't wanna start any business with looted funds because of the fear of being arrested. Where would u say u ve got a 7 billion naira from to build a university as a politician? Remember even Tinubu a whole ex governor of Lagos is denying ownership of several companies linked to him. But which EFCC would arrest a pastor for spending a money willingly given to him by a group of ppl who love him so much that they are ready to die for him? That's the difference.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by erad(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2012
gzib: :othis is anoda milestone from a Nigerian. we should start appreciating what he is doing. if half of the money looted from Nigeria coffer were used to open an institution like this or an industry we would not be talking about unemployment now but people coming into Nigeria to look for jobs in those industries not nigerians going to Ghana and south Africa even libya to look for jobs.
'Abeg', please u should do more. Atleast it will decongest people going to public institution(those that can afford it) and increases the chances of the poor and those without quality education in secondary school, getting into public institutions.

... Guy, u just hv no clue... Hw does it increase d chances ☺f d poor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2012
Oyedepo is really contributing in the development of our country especially in educational sector. So lets support and emulate him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by skitoyayi(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2012
fados4sure: That is Landmark university in Irepodun Local government area Omu Aran, Kwara state. Where i did my NYSC.

Congrats to you. The man of God is so benevolent as to let ppl even serve In his school. I am sure u were well paid. Let some ppl run their mouth like tap.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by johnwell(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2012
niki6: May God judge all those who r sayin nonsense. I am nt a member of winners buh i av bin to their programs n av family members there. They av neva askd 4 offerin/collection 4 their skuls NEVER. So stop sayin rubbish. N as 4 d skul fees they r 1 of d cheapest private uni in dis country n dey av 1 of d best standards too.tell me 1 private uni in d world dat isnt xpensive did he tell u he is runnin a charitable organisation. Talk lyk sum1 who is literate joor.... Except u an illiterate....then i undastand.
my sister, God bless you; don't mind all these blind nigerians with their poverty padded mindset. The are too blind to appreciate the light, may darkness over shadow them. I hear some fools talking about offering: how much offering can they offer? In winners offering is not by force, that's why they don't dance around for offering, rather sacks or baskets are passed round. There is nothing like fund raising or any financial service in winners chapel. Winners have one of the best and cheapest private universities in this country. For their information, He's working towards building one in Ghana and UK... The fact is that no matter their poverty oriented accusations, this Great man still moves higher.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by janit: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
$tunna:
i must agree that the main difference between the Political thieves and the religious thieves is what someone has pointed out...the political thieves r bent on moving the riches of nigeria out and depositing it with the white man and the religious leaders keep their loot locally!! smh

YOU GOT IT RIGHT............. WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH IT WILL COST FOR SOMEONE TO GET AN ADMISSION AND GRADUATE FROM HERE?? WHY A UNIVERISTY? THERE ARE MANY THINGS THEY WOULD HAVE DONE TO HELP THE LESS PRIVILEGED.......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by liujenny(f): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
god bless nice nigerians...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Landmark University In Pictures by rhymz(m): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
johnwell: my sister, God bless you; don't mind all these blind nigerians with their poverty padded mindset. The are too blind to appreciate the light, may darkness over shadow them. I hear some fools talking about offering: how much offering can they offer? In winners offering is not by force, that's why they don't dance around for offering, rather sacks or baskets are passed round. There is nothing like fund raising or any financial service in winners chapel. Winners have one of the best and cheapest private universities in this country. For their information, He's working towards building one in Ghana and UK... The fact is that no matter their poverty oriented accusations, this Great man still moves higher.
How old are you by the way? Seriously, if you have got no fact and intellectual capacity to make an argument or contribute to a discussion it is better your dont bother instead of revealing sheer ignorance and unbridled fanaticism that defiles common sense.
Convenant University for your information is not any cheap in comparison with other private schools in its league in this country. Neither is it affordable for even a middle class family.
Before you type your mumbo-jumbo make sure it is grounded in facts and not
!d!otic regurgitation of baseless assertions. I have an excel sheet of their school fees and I have it on good authority that they are not the cheapest, in fact, the are amongst the costliest. Another fact to note is that these fees are paid per semester and not even per session as some of us think.
The least school fees CU collects from the excel sheet which has a compilation of fees charged is #345,000,000 for students studying french, Industrial Relation and HRM and this is per semester although it is not indicated there but I learnt it is per semester.
Meanwhile my cousin studying Economics at Madona University pays around #210,000,000 per semester which in CU goes for #370,000,000, so how and where did you get your claims of them being the cheapest? Before you type anything to post try to understand the crux of the argument instead of resorting to curses amd abuses because your "Papa" is being criticized. And yes, at the early stages of building CU members of the church were asked to contribute to the building of the school. You can ask the real devoted members if you doubt me. Thesame apeal for finance was also asked when they were building the library. Yes nobody physically forced anyone to donate but of course we all know how our pastors indirectly cajole the congregation into giving. These are facts my dear not some emotional outburst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Menace Of Living Of Campus(pictures) / Caption This Exam Sitting Arrangement In Eksu (Photo) / Edo Nursing Student Shares Then And Now Pictures Of Her Course Mates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.