Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,737 members, 7,969,134 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:39 PM

How Is Your State Governor Doing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Your State Governor Doing? (6615 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / If Old Age Is Bad What Is Serving California Governor Doing In The Office / Who Is This Governor Doing Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Your State Governor Doing? by toksdam(m): 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2007
take a look at your state and tell us how you rate your state governor with reasons if you have any, you can do your assessment based on your own chosen parameters.

i am from kogi state and i will rate my governor, 16% because there nothing going on in the state that point to any clear intention to put the state on track,my governor is rather answering the title and enjoying the office, to the best of my knowledge,the state capital has bearly improved on what lord lugard did there ,the indigence are not feeling nothing,the student nothing, as per bursary.a bunch of a kind they all seem to think alike, the exco,i know the potentials of that state and nothing at the moment is pointing to taping it out. am sorry, my governor is just there.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by DisGuy: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2007
This is a good one but unfortunately everyone is waiting for yaradua like he is the only person responsible

remember Orji Kalu said, he is not responsible for the garbage in his own state grin -hardtalk
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by sammyfox: 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2007
MY embattled Governor is running helter skelter owing to the challenge of is victory by the acclaimed winner of the Ondo state election at the election P-Tribunal .Dr Olusegun Mimiko who was the acclaimed winner has been announce as winner in Ondo state when President OBJ in is devious tactics announced the PDP in Abuja via NTA by the INEC.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by vigasimple(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2007
Do i know my Governor, it is either is doing alright quietly or is doing nothing.

For me, those people hardly have idea once they are in office. They have to 'settle' all their campaigning constituency.

lets hope they wake up one day to the fear of God.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by donjazzie(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2007
Like toksdam said Kogi state governor which happens to be where i'm from isn't fit to hold that title.

but i'll give him a 18% because he pays workers salaries which he's suppose to.

truth be told that guy is way below average to stand as a governor representing Kogi.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by bigspif(m): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2007
As usual my oga govenor is sitting and mopping like zombie waiting for Yaradua to tell him to go !!
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by otokx(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2007
My State governor, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi has reduced the curfew period by 3 hours so its now 12midnight to 6am. He has closed the dumpsite on the east west road near the University of Port Harcourt.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by toksdam(m): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2007
@sammyfox i hope ur governor settles in,does it mean that you may be having a new governor,which do u prefer

@ vijasimple ,amen

don jazzie that our state na God go helep us,i don't know what to do with that state they just keep choosing the wrongest materials.

@big spif which state

@otokk so what do you rate him,i guess you have to give him some time
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Crownvilla(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2007
My state governor, Oyinlola of Osun State is completely clueless.

No water supply to half of the capital, major roads dug up for dualisation for the past 5 years with no further progress, pensioners unpaid for 65 months, all public infrastructure branded whith his slogan 'Oyin ni o' (which translates to 'it is honey') coined from his surname.

As if all of the above is not lamentable enough; he has opened a State University with satelite campuses, most of which haven't been completed. However, the first academic sesssion has started. The fees are astronomical at N150, 000 to N350,000 per academic session depending on the course you study etc. He also deducts 5% from every local govt allocation as their contribution towards the university. He has stated that he will not compensate people whose land was taken for establishment of the institution.

This is the same guy that was a complete disaster as Military Governor of Lagos state. He had no parliament to contend with and absolute political power as a military governor in one of the richest states in Nigeria but was unable to perform. No wonder his ineptitude is being replicated in Osun State.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2007
@crownvilla
don't feed us with half backed lies shocked
A forum is a market place for ideas not lies

The uni fees are good, cos of the standard of learning
I can attest to the fact that , the school would rank one of the best in the next 5-10 years.
About water, i can tell you as a matter of fact
I have live in osun for some time and i know the situation of things

Pls don't feed us with nonsense oooo angry
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2007
Different sides of the coin shey?
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by otele(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nigeria we hail thee our . . . . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin

giant of africa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2007
He has stated that he will not compensate people whose land was taken for establishment of the institution.

The two local gov't of osogbo and olorunda are in the process of paying off the land owners wink
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Crownvilla(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ mdsocks;

This particular thread 'How is your Governor doing' requires facts, pure and simple. Not 'ideas' as you suggest in your post.

It is a well known and easily verifiable fact that there is no water supply in half of Osogbo. In my area of Aiyetoro, not a drop of water in almost two years. Even when you go to the state secretariat many staff come to the office with Jerry cans which is later used to collect water. The wealthy in many parts of Osogbo sink boreholes while the less wealthy settle for wells.

You say the university fees of N150K to N350K per session are justified. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. Considering that Osun state is one of the poorest states (allocation wise) in Nigeria, I beg to differ. More so, when you consider that the University doesn’t have all its infrastructure and buildings in place. These fees are strictly for tuition…no registration fess, accommodation etc.

According to your last thread, two of the Local Govts would foot the bill for land compensation. If your info is correct, it means an additional cost for the local govts to bear in addition to the 5% which the governor would deduct from their allocation.

Oyinlola is simply inept and lacks vision. On at least two occasions last year, doctors in Osun state had to go on strike to protest the poor conditions of service and appalling facilities. At one stage, this joker of a governor stated that he had sacked the striking doctors. He later backed down when the folly of his decision stared him in the face.

Lately, the state govt has been airing a programme on AIT highlighting its bogus achievements. What a waste of funds? If the governor Oyinlola feels he has achieved anything why not the state radio and TV station to publicise them?
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2007
Oyinlola is simply inept and lacks vision. On at least two occasions last year, doctors in Osun state had to go on strike to protest the poor conditions of service and appalling facilities. At one stage, this joker of a governor stated that he had sacked the striking doctors. He later backed down when the folly of his decision stared him in the face.

It was not the Osun State gov't fault, Lautech as you know is jointly owned by Osun and Oyo state. Osun pays it dues when it is its turn to pay but the problem rears it head when it is time for Oyo to pay workers salary.

However, the last strike was politically motivated as you know, When there was outcry from the public for doctors to go back to work, is when the matter died down.

I will advise you to Stop reading Osun Defender, asthis is a bias view. It will do lots of good if you can invest your time and energy on serious things rather than reading newspapers written by cowards. wink

and note , i can see conspiracy here
Your location says London and still you are in Aiyetoro ,Osun State Nigeria shocked

This is enough to declare your posts half backed thruths and lies. sad
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by gmcln(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2007
The problem with nigerian home or abroad, is when they disagrees with you

they call you names, fight and becomes enemy. Disagreement is part and parcel of democracy.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Bankole01(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2007
still running around like a thief in the night, looking for ingeneous ways to rob the State and the people!!!!!!!
what do you think??
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by almondjoy(f): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2007
gmcln:

The problem with nigerian home or abroad, is when they disagrees with you

they call you names, fight and becomes enemy. Disagreement is part and parcel of democracy.

No long talk!  If anyone cusses you, cuss him or her back with all your might. This is "agberoland"!  No lady or gentleman for inside! On this planet of a Nairaland, you will find the most ill-mannered, sanctimonious bunch of fools that ever walked the face of the earth.  Me a no dey spare them oh! That is the only language Nigerians understand! angry

@topic

I do not remember the last time I had a state governor.  Just a bunch of figure headed looters!  Like you mentioned--"State Governor"--no state has been governed in Nigeria for as long as I can remember--47 years!!!!!!
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Femonjay(m): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2007
@crownvilla angry angry tongue embarassed

''The uni fees are good, because of the standard of learning''

how many civil servant/petty trader can afford this 150-350 k in osun state?

What is the MINIMUM WAGE in Osun State that you said 150-350 k is good ?

how long do you think it will take average civil servant in OSUN state to work and gather money to send d two of his kids to that school angry

Is this university a private or public? how much do you think they are paying in private university like Olahore int'l school, Redeemer university and co. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Crownvilla(m): 12:09am On Nov 18, 2007
@Femonjay,

I'm 100% against the fees of N150,00 to N350,000K per session. It was Mdsocks who said the fees are good not me.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by dayokanu(m): 12:42am On Nov 18, 2007
Gov Fashola of lagos state should rate 60-65% with his performance till date see the massive road renovations and other developmental project going on in the state.

Knock still come from the traffic jams cause by these construction BRT lanes and the Lekki dualisation are causing nightmares for commuters.

But i still have faith in him Eko o ni baje.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Femonjay(m): 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2007
@Crownvilla

Pls accept my apology, just back to forum now.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2007
I would Rate Jonah Jang 60% he is working hard to undo the damage done by Dariye. He seems committed especially to construction and repair of our horrible roads, crime reduction and prompt payment of slaries , reduction of ghost workers.
My only problem with him is that even though i dont live in plateau, I had a headache when i went there for one weekend, he talks too much. He went on and on for almost an hour on a radio show
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by wakagirl: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2007
OGD, i learnt is doing excellently well in Ogun State, will see for myself when i go home sha but so far i will rate him good with the news i do hear of the development in the state and of course his smiles
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by IjebuBoi(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2007
@wakagirl
Pls, what development? what growth? I think reading newspapers should not becloud our judgement of development. Do take a look around.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by naijadiva2(f): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2007
well, i don't know the govenor of my state but i think he's doing an ok job but could do better.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by lilrukevwe(m): 11:13pm On Nov 20, 2007
Do u know that it sounds funny since they elected the new governor of my state i havent been there so i dnt know wat the hell the monkey is doing
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by rexfx2: 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2007
AKAKA JUST DE KALA-KALO-KOLO.

I'LL RATE HIM -90% angry angry angry
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by EKENEA(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2007
my state gov is still working under Ibori's shadow
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2007
IjebuBoi:

@wakagirl
Please, what development? what growth? I think reading newspapers should not becloud our judgement of development. Do take a look around.

I agree. In the past I have heard people say things are doing ok just cause they heard or read of the news in some newspaper or saw a few construction workers on a site or two. Years later, we find out that all we heard of were of projects in the pipeline which were advertised as if they were actually being worked on. We all get excited and start believing things are getting better, then couple of months or years later, we find it was just another false alarm.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by damoche07(m): 8:38am On Nov 21, 2007
I learnt my governor is building 'round abouts',solar powered street lights and commissioning fish ponds. cry

The last one used a generator to power the same street lights.God help my state.
Re: How Is Your State Governor Doing? by ndubest(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2007
My governor

i think he is doing great
save for distraction from former baba's cook, he would have been be far ahead

i think he is a great mind and have something for people of my state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Presidency Moves To Arrest CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor / Nigerians Taking Over Africa / Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.