Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,896 members, 7,909,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

Nigeria Students In London Trying To Switch To Canada .... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Students In London Trying To Switch To Canada .... (1333 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Students In London Trying To Switch To Canada .... by samdams: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2012
Dear Nairlander's
i have small trouble with this Canada stuffs oooh...Presently i am in London studying and i will be through by next month and my visa will expire in sept, but i applied for 3 universities and a college in Canada..i got accepted into the college (Seneca college) and also university ( University of Prince Edward island) the other 2 universities are still yet to decide if they gonna take me or not, but here is what am confused about ..the medical thing do i need to go to my GP here in London for them to just write it and give ? do i need to pay the tuition fees before i can apply for the visa ? when is the best time for me to apply for the if i am to go ahead and choose one out of the 2 choices given to me ? and i will like anyone to help me ... Seneca college or Prince Edward university island which will you prefer ?
i am not sponsoring myself can i also include my own statement of account when applying for the visa ? is it okay as a new comer to stay off campus or in the campus since i dont know anyone ? which is more expensive for me to live ? can i pay 2 or 3 months accommodation in advance before i get there ?
Thanks i will need help ...make una help a brother here ooh
Re: Nigeria Students In London Trying To Switch To Canada .... by loverencha: 11:17pm On May 01, 2012
@samdams, you said you will be through with your studies in London next month. Do you mean your bachelor's degree? Are you applying for a Master's degree in Canada?

I do not know your actual situation but I will answer some of your questions with the little information I have.

Normally, you are required to pay at least a deposit of your tuition fee before applying for a visa, this way you have more chances and hope in getting a visa at the embassy..

In order for u to know the best time to apply for a visa, you should contact or visit the embassy's website. Embassies have rules and they advice applicants on when to apply for a visa and how long it takes so u are informed. So, I advice you make inquiry on this in order for you to know the right time to apply..

Sorry, I don't have an idea of good universities in Canada but I suggest u should compare the colleges/universities carefully or wait for other posters that know these universities/colleges in Canadasmiley

Well, if you are not sponsoring yourself you should ask your sponsor to show his/her bank statement to the embassy.

You have to be very careful here and specific.. If you are including your own bank statement, well it could help and could also not.. This is because embassies are very attentive, any little thing can make them deny one of a visa, even without one knowing. So, you have to be specific if you are showing your sponsor's bank statement or yours. Don't overload documents.. You can also ask the embassy this question. Contact them and feel free to ask any questions they will surely be of help to you...

If you do not know anyone, I will advice you stay in the campus but it is quite expensive to stay in the campus.. Universities/colleges make money out of this.. A whole lot of money, so off campus is less expensive and you can share with someone...

Yes, you can pay 2 or 3 months accommodation in advance if you have the money ready.. It is safer to pay in advance to a school than paying in advance for an appartment off campus that you haven't seen with your eyes.. So, my final advice is that it is advisable to first live in campus and when you make friends and know your way, you can then organise for yourself appartments or shared rooms off campus..

I hope my opinion helps..

Regardssmiley
Re: Nigeria Students In London Trying To Switch To Canada .... by ifegy: 9:15pm On May 02, 2012
@loverencha, couple of points re your post, on accommodation:
You don't pay two or three months in advance to a Canadian landlord, for an off-campus rental. You pay first and last month's rent, and then you typically give post dated cheques for the year. And it is extremely unlikely that you can do any part of this process before arriving in Canada.
If you're staying on campus, the school will typically let you know what you owe the school for tuition, etc for the semester at the start of each semester, and you'll have a specified period within which to pay the fees for that semester. Again, you're not 'paying in advance for two or three months'; you're paying your fees according to the school's requirements.
Re: Nigeria Students In London Trying To Switch To Canada .... by loverencha: 9:39pm On May 02, 2012
@Ifegy, I did not say that one should pay rent to a Canadian landlord.. You misunderstood me.. Read my post againsmiley

Thanks for the info. Anyway..

I hope it is of great help to the poster.. You can read the poster's questions too and answer his/her unanswered questions

Regards..

loverencha:
It is safer to pay in advance to a school than paying in advance for an appartment off campus that you haven't seen with your eyes.. So, my final advice is that it is advisable to first live in campus and when you make friends and know your way, you can then organise for yourself appartments or shared rooms off campus..

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: See The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway / World's Longest Tunnel Commissioned Today / Best Country To Work And Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.