Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,957 members, 7,906,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

:P - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / :P (1058 Views)

Female Friends Wanted Urgently!!! / Bb Female Chat Friends Wanted In Abuja. 2184d546 / Interesting Friends Wanted: Bold And Enthusiastic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

:P by CHoccolaTE: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2012
. . .
Re: :P by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 28, 2012
oh honey! cheesy
Re: :P by ayosmiles(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2012
I am not religious but not an atheist. Agnostic or liberal monotheist xplains it better. Am i in
Re: :P by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
ayosmiles: I am not religious but not an atheist. Agnostic or liberal monotheist xplains it better. Am i in
@ayosmiles, where do/did you derive your religious orientation?
Re: :P by ayosmiles(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
I believe in d concept of God although my perception of it differs from most great religions
Re: :P by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2012
ayosmiles: I believe in d concept of God although my perception of it differs from most great religions
Though I have encountered you initially on the Dostoevsky thread, I still have some difficulty understanding your concept of God. One minute one could argue you are agnostic, and another you are almost theist. What exactly is your own "concept of God" and how does this differ from that of the so-called great religions? Is God not God everywhere? omniscience, omnipotent. . . .? You know, the untenable qualities?
Re: :P by ayosmiles(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2012
I believe in the immanence of God, the concept that he pervades and is part of nature, rather than transcedence, the concept that he is beyond nature, which is the underlyin idea of the western religions
Re: :P by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 02, 2012
ayosmiles: I believe in the immanence of God, the concept that he pervades and is part of nature, rather than transcedence, the concept that he is beyond nature, which is the underlyin idea of the western religions
Cute thinking! Sounds, though, like Buddhist revelations. Have you studies Buddhism and does it share any similarities with your beliefs?
Re: :P by ayosmiles(m): 5:49pm On May 02, 2012
I know a little about budhism and linda like it but need to know more. I like the faith and fundamental aspects of religion but the doctrines and dogmas piss me off. Am not religious, i dont like churches but i believe in God. More like agnostic theist
Re: :P by Nobody: 9:21am On May 04, 2012
ayosmiles: I know a little about budhism and linda like it but need to know more. I like the faith and fundamental aspects of religion but the doctrines and dogmas piss me off. Am not religious, i dont like churches but i believe in God. More like agnostic theist
There is nothing like agnostic theist, my friend. You could either be a theist or an atheist, or sit on the fence like a number of my friends and be a agnostic. There is also this term going around, secular humanist. One who doesn't bother himself about religious questions, but is more engaged with finding practical solutions to real human problems.
I admire your religious outlook though, and find it rather engaging. Are you Nigerian? Well, I suppose you are. Would you get into a public argument about religion? Are your immediate colleagues aware of your belief? And one question I'd love to know the answer to: do you bring your beliefs into your personal, everyday living?
If you don't mind, I'd love to add you on yim, so we can talk. wink
Re: :P by blabber15(f): 1:06pm On May 04, 2012
[quote
author=sauer]
There is nothing like agnostic theist, my friend. You could either be a
theist or an atheist, or sit on the fence like a number of my friends
and be a agnostic. There is also this term going around, secular
humanist. One who doesn't bother himself about religious questions, but
is more engaged with finding practical solutions to real human problems.

I admire your religious outlook though, and find it rather engaging. Are
you Nigerian? Well, I suppose you are. Would you get into a public
argument about religion? Are your immediate colleagues aware of your
belief? And one question I'd love to know the answer to: do you bring
your beliefs into your personal, everyday living?
If you don't mind, I'd love to add you on yim, so we can talk.
wink[/quote] agnostic theists DO exist. They are people who accept the existence of a diety but agree that proof of its existence is unknown or unknowable. Look it up. I am an agnostic atheist( i don't believe dieties exist and i know there i no evidence to prove its existence.)
Re: :P by ayosmiles(m): 3:55pm On May 04, 2012
blabber15: agnostic theists DO exist. They are people who accept the existence of a diety but agree that proof of its existence is unknown or unknowable. Look it up. I am an agnostic atheist( i don't believe dieties exist and i know there i no evidence to prove its existence.)
thnks. I was about to xplain 2 him too
Re: :P by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 04, 2012
Okay. I did expect you'd draw me to "wikipedia" definitions. But I maintain a stand that these contrivances are invalid. Agnostic atheism or agnostic theism, as you may have it called, are definitions which evolved from popular culture, and thus are not inherently substantial in themselves. They carryu no weight since the three basic separations (of theism, atheism and agnosticism) sufficiently explain all possible positions. Of course because agnosticism is a knowledge-based declaration, it becomes all too possible to start breaking it down into simpler pieces. The argument against this act of dividing is that there is no end to the division; you can continue categorizing as far as knowledge or lack of it takes you.
Agnostic theism is virtually theism, cos not all theists hold universal beliefs on whether their god or gods are knowable or not. Some christian sects do believe that he is an "unknowable", "impossible to comprehend" god, so why the need for agnosticism attached to it? If some others believe otherwise, it certainly doesn't make them less of a theist!
Agnostic atheism, on the other hand, can be adequately embraced by basic atheists who do not believe in god, tendering the argument that he is unknowable. Dawkins' principal argument in "The God Delusion" was eliminating the "facts" which may support any god's existence, thus narrowing the possibilities.
For me, these contrivances (agnostic theism or atheism) are mere labels people hide under when attempting to explain the nature of their atheism, agnosticism or theism. But of course, they forget that these fail to sufficiently explain all what the quirks/characteristics of any person's position might be.
I am more for clearer terms and these were set by belief fairly long ago, and with strong philosophical support too.
Re: :P by ayosmiles(m): 1:07pm On May 05, 2012
sauer:
There is nothing like agnostic theist, my friend. You could either be a theist or an atheist, or sit on the fence like a number of my friends and be a agnostic. There is also this term going around, secular humanist. One who doesn't bother himself about religious questions, but is more engaged with finding practical solutions to real human problems.
I admire your religious outlook though, and find it rather engaging. Are you Nigerian? Well, I suppose you are. Would you get into a public argument about religion? Are your immediate colleagues aware of your belief? And one question I'd love to know the answer to: do you bring your beliefs into your personal, everyday living?
If you don't mind, I'd love to add you on yim, so we can talk. wink
love to add u too. U seem intellectual enough. My yim is ayosmiles.
Re: :P by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2012
*subscribing*
I believe in God but I dont do religion
Re: :P by Derumania: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
I don't believe in religious dogmas taught by many Religions.I am of the opinion that if at all there is an entity superior to humanbeings,the world religion has failed to correctly described his nature.If not for one point,i would have preffered atheism.Presently,i do more of freethinking.
Re: :P by turnstoner(m): 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
Poster where u at?
Re: :P by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2012
The term GOD means 'ALL THAT IS' It is the sum up of all creation,nothing exists outside of it. It is the Tree,Animals,Humans,Planets,Universes, Everyt hing you can think of.
The so called God(Gods) of the bible were simply an extra terrestrial(Aliens)race that genetically created man to be as intelligent and curious(Genesis 1:26 let US create man in OUR own image). All human mythology includes,gods that came from the sky in fly boats/space crafts. The Bible accounts a typical example. The ark of Noah was a DNA bank that stored human and animal DNA..... The gods of the bible could,t stop any natural disaster,that is why they had to store as many DNA as they could.
What i am trying to say is ....... we are all GODS and ain't supposed to worship any one or deity. Only ignorance will make a man feel so inferior and think he must worship an invincible man in the sky. The only solution to the planets's problem is Love. Jesus was only a messenger,same are Gandhi,Fela,John Lennon,Martin Luther King etc.. Citizens of planet earth need to start loving themselves,remove the tribal wars,religions,racism,hate from our systems. This is the only way we can achieve world peace.

(1) (Reply)

. / Am Single And Searching / Surulere, Yaba, Somolu, Lagos Island Connect.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.