Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,656 members, 7,951,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 (2259 Views)

Need Urgent Info On Land Rover Freelander 2001 - 2003 - / Pls I Need Info On 2009 Hyundai Elantra / I Need Info On Chrysler 300: Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by pak: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2012
Hello Guys,
I did a diag of my car and it came up with the following 3 codes

1) P2649 - Rocker Arm Oil Control Solenoid Circuit High Voltage

I did a search online and they said it is connected to the issue of the fuel cutting off
after certain rpms. Mine cuts off a 35000 rpm and the car jerks violently until you release the accelerator.

2)P0134 - 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)

I checked online and the only thing I can pick is that it affects fuel economy.

3) P0154 - 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

I checked online and found out it determines air to fuel ratio and some other related stuff. and also
affects the idling of the car.

Anyway, there are currently 3 problems with the car that have been proving intractable

1. Fuel Consumption high
I traveled from Abuja to Jos and used a half tank (a little less than 12Km per litre).
A friend uses the same kind of car and fuel consumption of his is about two time more efficient.
A nairalander once advised to drain my radiator of any water and replace with pure coolant.
I did that and improved fuel consumption a bit but not fully there yet.

2. High Idle
The idle of the car is notoriously high (even misfires when idle sometimes). over 1500rpm.
Tried two different mechanics but to no avail.

3. Jerking at 3500rpm(probably due to fuel cut off).
Car jerks at 3500rpm and same thing my mechs can't solve the prob.

Please I need anybody who can give an advice on our to go about solving this problems,
or at least recommend a mechanic around the North central(Abuja, Jos , kaduna, Kogi - that is where I am based) who can
solve the problem.

N.B. - The car is a 2003 Honda accord (EOD) V6, american specs. I have taken it to a Honda certified mech
(infact I do my regular service there) but they have not been able to solve this probs. I will appreciate getting the contact
of any good and knowledgeable mechanic.
Re: Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by calculusx(m): 11:20am On Apr 28, 2012
Had it been you reside in Lagos i would have refer you to a mechanic @ Mandilas. For 2)P0134 and 3) P0154 you might have to change the 4 02 sensor and that will be sorted out as i had a similar issue with my SUV. I noticed this when the check engine light came up on my dashboard. As for 1} i have no idea.
Re: Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by Lexusgs430: 11:52am On Apr 28, 2012
For the O2 sensor issues, replacing the oxygen sensor would solve them. After replacing the sensor, reset with OBD 11 scanner.
You need to replace the rocker arm oil pressure switch,and reset .
The problem is your vtec is not engaging, hence causing car to jerk.
Re: Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by pak: 3:54am On Apr 29, 2012
Thanx Lexus and Calculus,

I was referred to one 'miracle' guy in Jos Today.

He was a 'smallish' guy with a not too smart workshop.

Cutting long story short the guy did the diag again and delivered the goods (as in fixed the car).

Two of the obvious problems have been solved (Jerking at 3500rpm and high idle). The other needs to be observed for a while (fuel consumption).

However I later cleared the codes and the check engine light is still yet to come back on which is unusual cos it normally comes back on immediately after clearing previously.

I have decided to hold out a bit on the O2 sensors pending 1) if the codes come back on and 2) my observation of the fuel efficiency of the car.
though I have actually paid the mech (7K for each of the two sensors).
Re: Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by pak: 1:13pm On Apr 29, 2012
The check engine light just came back on this morning and like 'magic', it was different from the previous lot.

Its now reading P0325 - Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

Any Ideas guys.

Thanks in advance
Re: Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2012
pak: Thanx Lexus and Calculus,

I was referred to one 'miracle' guy in Jos Today.

He was a 'smallish' guy with a not too smart workshop.

Cutting long story short the guy did the diag again and delivered the goods (as in fixed the car).

Two of the obvious problems have been solved (Jerking at 3500rpm and high idle). The other needs to be observed for a while (fuel consumption).

However I later cleared the codes and the check engine light is still yet to come back on which is unusual cos it normally comes back on immediately after clearing previously.

I have decided to hold out a bit on the O2 sensors pending 1) if the codes come back on and 2) my observation of the fuel efficiency of the car.
though I have actually paid the mech (7K for each of the two sensors).
were the sensors replaced or serviced?
Re: Please I Need Info On Dtc P2649, P0134 And P0154 by pak: 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2012
toba: were the sensors replaced or serviced?

Nope, He neither replaced nor serviced them. He only worked on the P2649 error - Rocker Arm Oil Control Solenoid Circuit High Voltage. and also worked on the issue of high idling. I gave him some money to procure the sensors on monday but on getting home. I cleared the error codes and after a day of moving around only one new error code showed up

P0325 - Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

So I called on the mech to tell him to hold on purchasing the o2 sensors since that error wasn't coming up again.

N.B. - I use a digital scan/fuel guage and based on its readings, there has been a significant improvement in fuel consumption since yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Volkswagen Amarok, Transporter Van And Truck Here / SOS: Mr. Gadeola Gade-idowu (username: Ekitikan) Is A Fraudster!!! N2,430,000!!! / A Registered Honda Crv For Sale, 2011 Model.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.