Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,483 members, 7,968,332 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:17 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (943620 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2012
adzovia:
i paid in cedis GHC660

Thanks dear. Ure always helpful. God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2012
adzovia:
congratulations. i pray there shall be no disappointment on this forum everyone will go through successfully

amen! I cant just wait my dream of america come... I know i be there inshal allah
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 8:31am On Oct 30, 2012
atseyi: Had my Interview today! Thanks to you guys, u are all wonderful....

My Experience

*2NL submited at the gate
*Security Check Points.....was much,, though i held only my car keys so i had no issues with them
*Made DV Payments (N54,500)
*Nigerian lady called to submit Originals and Photocopy of all my credentials

Then after waiting a while and almost getting tired of waiting,CO Called my number to d window ........

Congratulations!!
Wish you all the best ahead.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2012
adzovia:
congratulations. i pray there shall be no disappointment on this forum everyone will go through successfully

Amen and Amen!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2012

My Experience

*Security Check Points.....was much,, though i held only my car keys so i had no issues with them

Then after waiting a while and almost getting tired of waiting,CO Called my number to d window

Me: Good Morning
Co: Good Morning
Co: where is ur payment slip
Me: gave to him
Co: where is ur Int'l Passport
Me: Gave to him
Co: Take your finger print
Me: i did
Co: Right Hand up and Promise you will tell me nothing but the truth
Me: I Promise
Co: How many Subject did you take during your waec
Me: answered him
Co: what was your final year project topic
Me: Told him
Co: Explain it to me
Co: Whats ur occupation
Me: IMS Analyst
Co: Where do you work
Me: ...... (oil & gas)
Co: Tell me about your Job Duties on a daily basis
Me: told him
Co: Kindly sign the column on the form (Form DS-0230 Part 2)
Me: i signed
Co: Your Visa has been approved
Co: You can come to pick it up next ......
Co: In front of you is a paper with informations to pick it up
Co: Congratulations

wow this is great.. Congrats.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by michymich: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2012
adzovia:
u will get your visa there is no two ways about it
AMEEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Rolling138: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2012
Congratulations to all that have been successful in their Visa interview and may God grant those of us that are yet to go for our visa interview success too.

I have a few concerns;
1. We(myself, my wife and baby) were residing in the UK when the DV results came out and we processed our UK police certificate around end of May 2012 before returning to Nigeria. The report was posted to us in Nigeria in June. Now, our interview will likely come up in Jan. 2013 (case#:2013AF00010***), will the US embassy still accept the UK Police cert. we got in June or will they reject it?

2. My wife needs to do the NPC birth certificate, should she do this using her marital name ?

3. We reside far from Lagos and would want to make the trip once to reduce the cost and stress of flying to Lagos as this will be much for the three of us. If we go to Lagos 1 week before our interview can we complete the medicals and the Alagbon police certificate before our interview ?

4. What are the documents required from the dependant family members.

5. Are families with babies allowed to take baby food inside the embassy ? .... considering the expected long wait

Thank you for all your responses.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2012
Bussyme: Congrat.

Congra bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2012
@Atseyi congratulations to u, so cool.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2012
congratulation to bright moon. if a married couples did not backdate there date of marriage cos they went to the registry after winning. the date on the ds-230 form reads this year but they have gotten married for the past six years with children. what WILL BE THE ANSWER if the consular ask of THE DATE OF MARRIAGE. IS IT THE DATE ON THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR THE DATE ON THE CHURCH MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT DATE
THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2012
congratulation to bright moon. if a married couples did not backdate there date of marriage cos they went to the registry after winning. the date on the ds-230 form reads this year but they have gotten married for the past six years with children. what WILL BE THE ANSWER if the consular ask of THE DATE OF MARRIAGE. IS IT THE DATE ON THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR THE DATE ON THE CHURCH MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT DATE
THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2012

My Experience

Then after waiting a while and almost getting tired of waiting,CO Called my number to d window

congrat!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 11:12am On Oct 30, 2012

My Experience

Congrats bro...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by prommy12(f): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
@atseyi,u truly deserved every bit of the success you have achieved. Congratulations...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
congratulations oooooooooooooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by foworola: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hello,

1. Even if you were to have your interview in the UK, you will still need a Nigerian police report if you have lived in Nigeria within the last 10-15 years. SO coming to Nigeria means you will automatically definitely need the Nigeria police report. I am assuming that they will accept the uk one even if its since May 2012 as they will probably not expect you to go to the USA for that.

2. NPC should be done in maiden name cos she wasnt using your name from birth and NPC is about her birth

dont think there is any special document required from dependents besides your police & medical reports and travel documents.

Just being nosey,did you return to nigeria cos of the interview?

Rolling_138: Congratulations to all that have been successful in their Visa interview and may God grant those of us that are yet to go for our visa interview success too.

I have a few concerns;
1. We(myself, my wife and baby) were residing in the UK when the DV results came out and we processed our UK police certificate around end of May 2012 before returning to Nigeria. The report was posted to us in Nigeria in June. Now, our interview will likely come up in Jan. 2013 (case#:2013AF00010***), will the US embassy still accept the UK Police cert. we got in June or will they reject it?

2. My wife needs to do the NPC birth certificate, should she do this using her marital name ?

3. We reside far from Lagos and would want to make the trip once to reduce the cost and stress of flying to Lagos as this will be much for the three of us. If we go to Lagos 1 week before our interview can we complete the medicals and the Alagbon police certificate before our interview ?

5. Are families with babies allowed to take baby food inside the embassy ? .... considering the expected long wait

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
vacancy: congratulation to bright moon. if a married couples did not backdate there date of marriage cos they went to the registry after winning. the date on the ds-230 form reads this year but they have gotten married for the past six years with children. what WILL BE THE ANSWER if the consular ask of THE DATE OF MARRIAGE. IS IT THE DATE ON THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR THE DATE ON THE CHURCH MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT DATE
THANKS
for the fact that you have childern and have done ur church marriage before winning then i think you are ok but if the CO ask, just be honest, does guys ehhh, if you lie, they MUST know.
I dont see any problem, just be honest. Tell him/her that you dont want any issue thats why you did your registry and you thought you were ok with your church marriage. Be Honest.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Rolling_138: Congratulations to all that have been successful in their Visa interview and may God grant those of us that are yet to go for our visa interview success too.

I have a few concerns;

in support of foworola has said:

3.Police reports - You can also get your police certificate from your state of residence. just go the state CID office and they'll take your prints and send to Alagbon who will issue you your certificate. Give some time for the sending to/fro lagos while keeping in mind the certificate is valid for three months.
Medical - ideally takes 3 working days. (let's assume a worst case scenario of four working days)

4.Not a conclusive list - birth certificate(s), marriage certificate, police, medical, passport (valid for at least 6 months), 2 passport photographs.
5.Don't think so. However, they give priority to families with infants so hopefully, you wouldn't spend too much time there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Femsoj, any news yet on 2NL? It appears we share Case numbers with close proximity.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2012

My Experience

congratulations!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Gentiger: Femsoj, any news yet on 2NL? It appears we share Case numbers with close proximity.
bro nothing yet o.infact I have been checking my box every day and night.but no shaking sha,we are not the only one affected,I believe everyone with the case number within the range of 8500 T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ 10000 in nigeria are yet to get their 2Nl
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
femsoj: bro nothing yet o.infact I have been checking my box every day and night.but no shaking sha,we are not the only one affected,I believe everyone with the case number within the range of 8500 T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ 10000 in nigeria are yet to get their 2Nl

Ok. Thanks for the response. Just needed to be sure I ain't the only one on the waiting list.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Gentiger, @Femsoj hw una dey i guess u guys re yet to get ur 2NL,base on my observation KCC always dish out 2NL immediately they release buletine for each month.u jst watch out for NOVEMBER BULETINE.all d best guys
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hello good peoples of the house...congrats for all members who got their visas approved...by the way does kcc have a fixed days among the month to send 2nd NL,am yet to recieve it,thank your guys
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
brightmon: me: good morin
CO: good morin, how are you?
Me: am tring to be fine.
CO: "smile"
CO: you swear to say the truth?
Me: yes i do.
CO: when did you get married?
Me: ............
CO: what is you child date of birth?
me: ...........
CO: have leaved out of Nigeria before?
Me: yes
CO: were, when and how long.
Me:............
CO: who are going to stay with when you get to the US?
Me: ...........
CO: ###**'' joke
Me: smile
CO: pick ur passport at ......... On ..........
Me: smile and full of Joy.
A very big congratulations to U man,wish u all the very best in ur sojourn in the States.Success is our portion in this forum in Jesus name.Am joining u soon for welcome party to US.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=jidedon2000@yah]@Gentiger, @Femsoj hw una dey i guess u guys re yet to get ur 2NL,base on my observation KCC always dish out 2NL immediately they release buletine for each month.u jst watch out for NOVEMBER BULETINE.all d best guys [/quote@jidedon,thanks alot bro
]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=femsoj][/quote]@ jidedon,thanks alot bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
for d benefit of those that re yet to do their police character in 9ja,i did mine today and it lasted for 3hrs b4 it was ready though i was charged 5k u can let me knw if u re interestd so i can hook u up.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
brightmon: me: good morin
CO: good morin, how are you?
Me: am tring to be fine.
CO: "smile"
CO: you swear to say the truth?
Me: yes i do.
CO: when did you get married?
Me: ............
CO: what is you child date of birth?
me: ...........
CO: have leaved out of Nigeria before?
Me: yes

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
CO: were, when and how long.
Me:............
CO: who are going to stay with when you get to the US?
Me: ...........
CO: ###**'' joke
Me: smile
CO: pick ur passport at ......... On ..........
Me: smile and full of Joy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
tycoon77:

wow this is great.. Congrats.

CONGRATULATIONS!!![quote author=kaypositve] congrat!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ BRIGHTOM CONGRATULATIONS,AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.MAY GOD BE WITH YOU IN YOUR NEXT STEP(AMEN)YOUR NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM BRIGHTOM TO "AMERICANA" CONGRAT AGAIN.THE LORD WILL DO OUR OWN TOO,ALL OF US WILL HAVE TESTIMONY IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME(AMEN) GLORY...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.