Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,907 members, 7,922,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:22 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (937115 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
emebeteaderashn: hello house my visa was approved befor some hours sorry for not sharing soon,i ll post my experiance verysoon i love you all thanks

Congrats sir!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
taatus: I posted in the forum but couldn't get any answer do I wanted to find out if u can be of help. I have HND cert but I made the highest education with SSCE. what will happen if I present my HND cert? And what do you think I can say if am asked.

[
quote author=Gentiger]@Taatus and Belincye....I can't make anything out of your mails. I am only notified by Nairaland administrator that you are trying to mail me. Do so using:

Thanks.

Well I saw your mail but couldn't make anything out of it. I have been cautioned against displaying email address on request. In response to your question, go with your SSCE and HND. Go with all you've got. The odds will work in your favor. I wish you Goodluck Taatus. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the much desired private attention.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
@femsoj i really cant lay my hand on d address at d moment i promise to snd it 2morow though q-life is behind ZENITH BANK HQ in V.I
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
I think it varies from one NPC office to the other. In Jos, it cost 2.5k! So why not locate the NPC office nearest to you and make direct first hand inquiries! Any news about 2NL? Can we call Kcc again. It's past 5 - 10 working days they initially told me. Except if Kcc staff are still on xmas recess!
Tanx 2 u abdul,i rily appreciate.as 4 de 2NL,am jst tired of waitin...wats hapenin nah? But wen did KCC say we shuld b expectin our 2NL?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
nero xp:
Tanx 2 u abdul,i rily appreciate.as 4 de 2NL,am jst tired of waitin...wats hapenin nah? But wen did KCC say we shuld b expectin our 2NL?
My brother, Patience ran out of my house this morning and I am also tired of waiting! I called Kcc on the 19th of Dec.and by my calculation, today makes it 10 working days. Since no show within 5 to 10 working days, let's give kcc the benefit of the doubt and extend our wait to next week believing that they went for a longer xmas break than we are assuming! I want to believe that by now, kcc staff should have resumed work. Na who fit call confirm? I can't call again; may b they have a computer automatically recording the number of times one calls. I am just thinking: what if I call and they tell me the computer has flagged my case no. red and so I have been disqualified. If that one happen, wetin I wan tell my dead grand father? My brother, na sit down look approach we dey apply now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
nero xp:

This week dat we're entering if the 2NL doesn't land, I'll be traveling to d U.S to KCC office physically to fight dem. Ahba!! Person don wait tire.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
missannie:

This week dat we're entering if the 2NL doesn't land, I'll be traveling to d U.S to KCC office physically to fight dem. Ahba!! Person don wait tire.
My brother, softly softly! Take am easy. you know say, oyibo na witch; dem fit they read this thread o! Before you u know am, them go trace u come ur bedroom this night. My hand no dey o!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
emebeteaderashn: hellow guys i would like to thank each and everyone of you who advised me,prayed for me,who encouraged me and at last who congradulated me...
well my interview was i like most of the house members it was so brief i was asked only three quastions
1,are u marryed
2,do u have kids and
3,to which state are u intended to go
that was it,then the nice young american ledy said CONGRADULATION YOUR VISA IS APPROVED...
btw guys before the interview i was told applicants b/n age group 18 and 25 have to sign a paper which says with in one month of my arrival i have to register to the military and take the course,in order to an applicant b/n the age group to be interviewed he/she have to sign the form,actually i wNted to join the military for some time so it was not a problem for me but there were some ppl who were not happy with that,i dont know if it is applied for nigeria but info is power...i love u all,God bless u all,may the almighty God be with u all...

Congrats bro! Ǎ̜̣̍ serious happy 4 u.... Go an live ur america dream, we gonna join u over there!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
ediofeboyz:

physical address, phone number, the person's relationship to you (how and since when did you know him/her). have all this info just incase they ask of u

Thanx ediofeboyz, and wat size of passport photo an colur I will nd 2 send?

And base on wat u said, abt d pson I will stay with dat dey will ask me at embassy dat wat is d relationship btwn me and his\her....I will not lie 2 u, I jst met him 2tru someone...wat did u think I can say n dat day?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
missannie:

N̶̲̥̅α̩̩̩̩ true ifeanyi talk ooooooo... My own hand self no dey ooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
nero xp:
when i read sm posts on ds forum lamenting on d arrival of 2NL i jst laugh my dear bro u jst ve to zero ur mind on it 4 now kcc dnt drop 2 NL by ds time if u dint receive when other got theirs u jst ve to relax for nxt buletine to be out 7days after dt is d period kcc post 2NL.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
when i read sm posts on ds forum lamenting on d arrival of 2NL i jst laugh my dear bro u jst ve to zero ur mind on it 4 now kcc dnt drop 2 NL by ds time if u dint receive when other got theirs u jst ve to relax for nxt buletine to be out 7days after dt is d period kcc post 2NL.
Now, you are causing more tension! You have broken my heart! I am disappointed with the truth if that's the truth you are telling me. Why Oyibo woman pick phone come tell me 5 to 10 working days? As I was calling her on phone, I could hear her typing on the computer; she eventually said within 10 working days! I didn't force her to talk! I even recorded our conversation! I will tell Gentiger to take this case up legally! If na supreme court, we go reach there!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
tycoon77:

Congrats bro! Ǎ̜̣̍ serious happy 4 u.... Go an live ur america dream, we gonna join u over there!
congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
Chuck87:

Congrats sir!
congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ifeanyi.abdul dis white pple sm times wont tel u the truth jst for u nt be discourage i believe by now d 5-10 working days ve passed and u re yet to gt ur 2NL,i bet u even if u cal them on monday u ll hear same story 5-10 working days.pls relax till after nx buletine u ll certainly gt ur 2NL. Gdluck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
thanks for ur help concerning my missed interview.To be on a safer side, I sent e-mail to both KCC and lagos embassy.thanks again
Do I have to wait for another appointment letter or do I go with the first one?.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: thanks for ur help concerning my missed interview.To be on a safer side, I sent e-mail to both KCC and lagos embassy.thanks again
Do I have to wait for another appointment letter or do I go with the first one?.
plz wait for them to reply b4 u knw d step to tk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
To the ghanaians in the house, pls has anyone recvd visa with the old passport. Sm1 just told me i have to do the new one even though my old hasnt expired. Pls i need an urgent response. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
@ifeanyi.abdul dis white pple sm times wont tel u the truth jst for u nt be discourage i believe by now d 5-10 working days ve passed and u re yet to gt ur 2NL,i bet u even if u cal them on monday u ll hear same story 5-10 working days.pls relax till after nx buletine u ll certainly gt ur 2NL. Gdluck
Thank you my brother for giving me strength to move another mile! Your words are encouraging! Infact, Patience just returned to the house! By my calculation, 7 days after release of next bulletin will be around 22nd Jan! May b the oyibo woman na cleaner for office sef! No mind am! Thank u jare!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: thanks for ur help concerning my missed interview.To be on a safer side, I sent e-mail to both KCC and lagos embassy.thanks again
I feel that you can appropriately call Kcc after 1 week without a response!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Some one in the house mentioned how to reach a policeman on the phone about police report,I could not get track of that.Could someone be of help on how to get it.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 12:19am On Jan 05, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
@femsoj i really cant lay my hand on d address at d moment i promise to snd it 2morow though q-life is behind ZENITH BANK HQ in V.I
thanks alot bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 12:46am On Jan 05, 2013
Spoondar: Last night i was talking to a school mate who won the dv lottery 2 yrs ago. She said that your host wil build or destroy you. That if your host doesnt go to college he/she wil make you not to and u'l get stak doing double jobs and no education. If u try to outshine your host hell will break loose. So study them n kip quiet til u move n start shining from your house. That try n ask alot about work n college the first month. Mingle with immigrants who are less 3yrs there coz they wil help you how to go about n comfort u wen u'r down. Dont mention how much money u av wit u wen u land there!

Good talk.
First off,Happy New Year everyone.
Glory be to God for bringing us into the new year not because we are different to the departed ones but for His mercy that endures forever.
Gave myself a little vacation from my laptop while i kept to my smartphone.

To add to the "voice" above.
Lots of people coming to the west for the first time have been misled into wasting years while they get held up on low level jobs or even wrong career path on the advise of their hosts. This eventually affects their sojourn in the west.
Your host will in most cases likely advise you to follow his/her path while ensuring you do not overtake.
There are some good hosts though but few.
It matters a lot. Don't be carried away with dollars or sweet exaggerations. Take your time and always remember your long term goal. Remember you have Green Card. You are as free as in your own country.
Above all, prayer is the key for God's revelation and direction.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by soye35: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2013
pls nairalander i need your advice,a friend of mine that won dvlottery is schedule for next month due to the reply he got from the kcc but havnt received his second notification letter yet,we both have written couples of letter to kcc but up till date ,we havnt got any reply,pls what do we do and whats the next point of action?can he go for his medical and police report without the 2nd notification letter?ur rich advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Now, you are causing more tension! You have broken my heart! I am disappointed with the truth if that's the truth you are telling me. Why Oyibo woman pick phone come tell me 5 to 10 working days? As I was calling her on phone, I could hear her typing on the computer; she eventually said within 10 working days! I didn't force her to talk! I even recorded our conversation! I will tell Gentiger to take this case up legally! If na supreme court, we go reach there!

Abeg make I collect my visa first and reach Yankee before I begin sue them. Lol!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 1:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Hahahaha! Please don't disagree with the truth. You can do nothing against the truth but for the truth. Your business with KCC ends the moment they forward your documents to your home embassy. If you read the content of your 2NL, you will see the directive to deal henceforth with the home embassy. It's the home embassy that reschedules interview appointments and not KCC. Abeg, better agree with me.

correct.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:43am On Jan 05, 2013
soye35: pls nairalander i need your advice,a friend of mine that won dvlottery is schedule for next month due to the reply he got from the kcc but havnt received his second notification letter yet,we both have written couples of letter to kcc but up till date ,we havnt got any reply,pls what do we do and whats the next point of action?can he go for his medical and police report without the 2nd notification letter?ur rich advice will be highly appreciated.

What is your friend scheduled for next month and what's the range of your friend's case number?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 1:49am On Jan 05, 2013
emybaby2: Hurray, i've been given my visa today, am so happy. I woke up early and arrived the place and we were checked in by 6:30am. Passed through the security check and got in. We did the documentation i.e gave my original and photocopied documents. I forgot to include 2 photocopied marriage certificate rather it was one and they wrote it down in my form that one certificate is out. That was the only error i made though i was nervous. Then we waited again. When it was time for the interview, window 16 who is a white lady was so tough with so much drilling of people with questions. The first couple for DV there were rejected by her. Up to 5 people went and she either refer them for the next day or told them that they have failed. A particular woman with a family of 5 children and her husband were denied their DV visa. What i come to know is that if you can't answer or defend your education and also know dates of birth, time you went to school etc, then there will be problems. The woman in window 13 was so nice and was handing down visas like water only denied one man. Who wasn't a DV applicant.
After praying that i should not pass through the white woman, believing God for window 13 when i was called to window 16(the white woman.)
CO: Goodmorning, put your fingers on this
(After fingerprint, myself and husband, she told my husband to go and sit.)
co: when did you finish secondary school?(i told here and she count the credits in my paper)
co: what was your favourite subject in secondary school
me: English
co: give me details of what you learned in English literature( i explained)
co: you are a registered nurse, give me the details of your nursing practise(i did)
co:if a patient is sick, how do you manage the patient(i explained)
co: let me see your wedding photos(i flipped open the album for her and she saw the pictures of my bridesmaid and stoped to ask who they were)
co: where did you meet your husband
me: in the church
co: which church did you marry(told her)
co: when did you marry(told her)
co: did you go to church last week
me: yes i did
co: i will give you a visa and you will get it next week thursday.
Me: thank you.
That is how i scaled through the woman, looking her straight in the face and God helped me. Pls i like the black woman of window 13, she gave time to people who are nervous to think.
Above all this, all glory belong to my GOD.

Congrats. Glory be to God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2013
sami_1983: I have revived my Interview appointment letter through my e-mail but am still not receive through my p.o.box it's means the one I printed is enough to present my interview day.

Wait a minute. Did you say you received your 2NL through your e-mail?
You only receive through your e-mail an instruction to obtain your 2NL on their website using your confirmation number just as you checked your lottery result.
I want to believe this is what you mean because fraudulent appointment letters also come to many e-mail addresses.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 2:18am On Jan 05, 2013
emebeteaderashn: hellow guys i would like to thank each and everyone of you who advised me,prayed for me,who encouraged me and at last who congradulated me...
well my interview was i like most of the house members it was so brief i was asked only three quastions
1,are u marryed
2,do u have kids and
3,to which state are u intended to go
that was it,then the nice young american ledy said CONGRADULATION YOUR VISA IS APPROVED...
btw guys before the interview i was told applicants b/n age group 18 and 25 have to sign a paper which says with in one month of my arrival i have to register to the military and take the course,in order to an applicant b/n the age group to be interviewed he/she have to sign the form,actually i wNted to join the military for some time so it was not a problem for me but there were some ppl who were not happy with that,i dont know if it is applied for nigeria but info is power...i love u all,God bless u all,may the almighty God be with u all...

Congrats .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 2:37am On Jan 05, 2013
nero xp:

For one's number to become current and 2NL to become available are two different ball games. It depends a lot on when you forwarded your forms to KCC.

The process of obtaining Green Card through DV Lottery from A to Z is all about patience. That i have come to understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.