Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,242 members, 7,967,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:22 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (943355 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
Spoondar:
I know you can pay for yourself and not pay for the rest but my worry was that you have to be present with the derivatives at the time of interview. This is where Nuru has a problem, the presence of the wife.

you can read my lips,he has no problem except if he is giving us half truth half lies,if your wife is not going with you and you dont pay for his visa nobody will penalise you for that,if you go with your wife and you didnt pay, she will not be allowed in to the premises.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
nero xp:
@ Gentiger there was an ommision of a letter word lyk dis--NWOGBO instead of NWAOGBO--as u can see..'A' letter was ommited nd dis error is only in my school leavin testimonial,while evry of my documents has de correct spellin...I hav swore an affedavit of fact regardin de omission in a High court.my only worry nw is am I good to go 4 my interview wit only de affedavit or I shuld also publish in de newspaper,is de publication necessary in my own case?

You don't need newspaper publication to correct that. Get an affidavit. Do not present it until it becomes an issue. You only need newspaper publication if you are changing a name, introducing a new name or correcting a serious defect in your name. An omission of a letter from your name is no serious defect. It's a typographic error.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
For those coming soon to US,try virgin airline, I paid $770 last week for round trips to Naija it is very cheap.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by paa11(m): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
House please can someone collect your visa pack for u at the embassy?
I also hear there will be some orientation before the visa pack is handed to you. waiting for your comments
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Hey adesojiaderemi@, thank you for replay, I'm sorry, would you please more elaborate what happen to the guy, this experience might help me more. Does he play Married in first; what exactly was his reason during interview, is he already in US, can you provide me his email? Thanks bro.. this is too much for me, I hope u understand me how much I'm frustrated.

NURU, I see you as someone who hates to confront the naked truth. Now listen young man, while I do not want to negate Adesoji's views on the matter, I always draw peoples attention to the laid down rules over which CO's do not have discretion. Let me ask you, if you succeed at the interview like you were assured you would, at what time and point will your wife appear for her interview for her Visa issuance having at the back of your mind that DV lottery for each year formally closes 30th of September each year and NO VISA can be issued after then?

Change your interview location to Nigeria with KCC, come home and have your interview with your wife. Get your visa and continue your education in the states. Don't embark on fruitless financial exercise. Don't let others learn from your mistake.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

you can read my lips,he has no problem except if he is giving us half truth half lies,if your wife is not going with you and you dont pay for his visa nobody will penalise you for that,if you go with your wife and you didnt pay, she will not be allowed in to the premises.

If her name is on the schedule list which I am aware of, that's her access key to the embassy. Payments are made within not without.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=Gentiger]

If her name is on the schedule list which I am aware of, that's her access key to the embassy. Payments are made within not without.[/qu

her name will surely appear on the schedule list as expected beneficiary,she may get access to the payment point "within" the premises but if she is not coverd by the payment she will not make it to the interview hall.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Hey adesojiaderemi@, thank you for replay, I'm sorry, would you please more elaborate what happen to the guy, this experience might help me more. Does he play Married in first; what exactly was his reason during interview, is he already in US, can you provide me his email? Thanks bro.. this is too much for me, I hope u understand me how much I'm frustrated.
Nuru, follow me now let's trash dis prob once and for all. Read my post and reply now so we can work things out now cos I know u are online now. Where did u used as ur address and which place or country did u used as country of ur resident and that of ur wife during registration? This prob maynot be as complex as we think? So if u used foriegn land as country of residence and naija as that of ur wife, then its still posible for u to go alone. So reply now
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
And for clarity purpose I am not giving anybody a false hope, I am just giving my experience as it was.I can also see that the house is now very careful on issues(once bitten twice shy).If you add anybody after initial enterant (Apart for a new family memeber or new spouse)you will be disqulify that is the rule.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
hello guys is it true about the medical report i asked earyer??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@][/quote]

If you are referring to the interview hall I visited a couple of days back, then you are mistake bro. It's one big hall with different windows (Cubicles). If you choose not to pay, no one takes notice until you are the only one sitting awkwardly. Your payment gives you an interview tag number. If the principal applicant pays, he gets the tag. That tag covers every one of his derivatives. It's at the point of his interview he gets to tell the CO his wife is not covered in the payment because she would be coming much later. It's noted down after reasons might have been given. Whenever she's ready which must be before the expiration of the year visa lottery program, she can show up with her payment after she must have written the embassy to indicate her intention to approach. The new appointment given in response to her mail serves as the access key into the embassy. She's not interviewed again. Her visa is merely issued since the principal has been issued. This is the procedure bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
For those coming soon to US,try virgin airline, I paid $770 last week for round trips to Naija it is very cheap.
Is it virgin atlantic or virgin nigeria?.and from which city plz did u pay $770 dollars. I also discovered that its cheaper to come to naija and get back to state than going to state from nigeria. My friend told me that and I confirmed it from united airline going to ontario.California. Its almost $2k@plus if u are making round trip from naija while its $1066 if u are making round trip from Ontario. The guy told me that the cost is cos of the agent fees in naija which americans don't pay. Even if u are paying in the ofice at MMIA the agents will still have their cut.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
n

I dont say what I dont know,the guy did his int, in 2011 we met b4 and after the intrview,there is always a schedule list at the security post that confirms your appointment with the embassy;the list outline the Principal and beneficiary(ies),the guy was asked of others he said they will be joining him later.Asking me to get the guy now sounds kidding,the most important person on dv is the principal,if the principal fails all the bnefiaries fail,as a matter of fact if principal says is not going then the beneficaries have no say.
come slowwwwwwwwwwwlly am not ready. we are here to help each other and so if u feel my post has offended you i say "sorry" oooooooooo the last thing i want is war of words. I back off and leave you go on in this after all my interview is almost and i need piece of mind when i visit this site. Salut grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

If you are referring to the interview hall I visited a couple of days back, then you are mistake bro. It's one big hall with different windows (Cubicles). If you choose not to pay, no one takes notice until you are the only one sitting awkwardly. Your payment gives you an interview tag number. If the principal applicant pays, he gets the tag. That tag covers every one of his derivatives. It's at the point of his interview he gets to tell the CO his wife is not covered in the payment because she would be coming much later. It's noted down after reasons might have been given. Whenever she's ready which must be before the expiration of the year visa lottery program, she can show up with her payment after she must have written the embassy to indicate her intention to approach. The new appointment given in response to her mail serves as the access key into the embassy. She's not interviewed again. Her visa is merely issued since the principal has been issued. This is the procedure bro.

Gentiger, stop tackling me let us tackle the problem, that was my experience.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Gentiger, stop tackling me let us takle the problem, that was my experience.

Egbon, ejoo ema binu. I don't mean to tackle you. It hurt me as much as I know it hurts you too to see people denied their visas because they weren't well informed. The case of the family who added their twin after the lottery was played is one of such experiences. Coming here to tell us it was how God wanted it is a soft landing pad. It's purely an act of ignorance and ill-preparation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
chirpywest:
Is it virgin atlantic or virgin nigeria?.and from which city plz did u pay $770 dollars. I also discovered that its cheaper to come to naija and get back to state than going to state from nigeria. My friend told me that and I confirmed it from united airline going to ontario.California. Its almost $2k@plus if u are making round trip from naija while its $1066 if u are making round trip from Ontario. The guy told me that the cost is cos of the agent fees in naija which americans don't pay. Even if u are paying in the ofice at MMIA the agents will still have their cut.

Well,my round trip was from Logon airport Boston to MMI lagos and MMI lagos to N jercy with stop over IN LON.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

Egbon, ejoo ema binu. I don't mean to tackle you. It hurt me as much as I know it hurts you too to see people denied their visas because they weren't well informed. The case of the family who added their twin after the lottery was played is one of such experiences. Coming here to tell us it was how God wanted it is a soft landing pad. It's purely an act of ignorance and ill-preparation.

Honestly, mi binu at all there is always two sides to a coin, if you take it from your view and I take it from my view it helps a lot.On the issue of the other guy you can check my post on it, I copy the whole instructions and paste it for him to see people like....(i dont want to start mentioning names) kept giving him a false hope and it backfired.People now resolved to"once bitten twice shy".
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Guys, kindly intimate me of where one can do the NPC attestation in Lagos apart from the Surulere office.
Thank you...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hello, all. Just joined dis forum. I applied for DV 2014, with God all tinz r possible. Congrats to all successful selectees n 2 those who r stil waitin @ wateva stage: GOOD TINZ COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT n "He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy". Knowledge is power, more grease to ur elbows. Cheers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Spoondar:
come slowwwwwwwwwwwlly am not ready. we are here to help each other and so if u feel my post has offended you i say "sorry" oooooooooo the last thing i want is war of words. I back off and leave you go on in this after all my interview is almost and i need piece of mind when i visit this site. Salut grin grin grin

Madam I am not a fighter ok,so get that tag off me, you asked question and I answered you does that call fo a fight again?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

Gentiger, is this "She's not interviewed again. Her visa is merely issued since the principal has been issued" possible? If affirmative, then people would have been doing that or don't you think so??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Honestly, mi binu at all there is always two sides to a coin, if you take it from your view and I take it from my view it helps a lot.On the issue of the other guy you can check my post on it, I copy the whole instructions and paste it for him to see people like....(i dont want to start mentioning names) kept giving him a false hope and it backfired.People now resolved to"once beating twice shy".

That's correct, always two sides to a coin. It's always either head or tail. No middle ground.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
"He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy".
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
Cause I was born in the early 70s and only have the short-form Birth Cert

jamicanlady:

Pls y do u need NPC Attestation?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Thank you bro, I'm sorry I was out, during registration, I fill my country of resident is in Europe on which I will make interview, but my wife resides back home country, plus in DSP 230; 31b, I stated that my wife will join me latter. In this point I didn't see the CO will confront me, to sit my wife for interview. I dono I'm confused right now.
chirpywest:
Nuru, follow me now let's trash dis prob once and for all. Read my post and reply now so we can work things out now cos I know u are online now. Where did u used as ur address and which place or country did u used as country of ur resident and that of ur wife during registration? This prob maynot be as complex as we think? So if u used foriegn land as country of residence and naija as that of ur wife, then its still posible for u to go alone. So reply now
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

You don't need newspaper publication to correct that. Get an affidavit. Do not present it until it becomes an issue. You only need newspaper publication if you are changing a name, introducing a new name or correcting a serious defect in your name. An omission of a letter from your name is no serious defect. It's a typographic error.
Alrite man,tanx alot
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Thank you Gentiger, so you mean I can go alone at the very last minute, If I don't pay for her and tell the CO, my wife is not included but latter, the CO will accept? and this doesn't bring a visa deny?
Gentiger:

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gentiger:

That's correct, always two sides to a coin. It's always either head or tail. No middle ground.

ok sir.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
you right bro, If this was true, people can doing that in the past, no one needs to confront CO's by crossed questions.
idriez:

Gentiger, is this "She's not interviewed again. Her visa is merely issued since the principal has been issued" possible? If affirmative, then people would have been doing that or don't you think so??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
Brother adesojiaderemi@, why on earth should I have to lie, I'm just asking, does the absent of my wife have a problem during interview? If so what should I do in advance? that is all. buddy I really appreciate your solutions for my problem, It gives me a lot to think and prepare. Thank you.
adesojiaderemi@:

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nuru231: Brother adesojiaderemi@, why on earth should I have to lie, I'm just asking, does the absent of my wife have a problem during interview? If so what should I do in advance? that is all. buddy I really appreciate your solutions for my problem, It gives me a lot to think and prepare. Thank you.

omooba with your explanation u dont have any problem if u are not sure contact us embassy .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

omooba with your explanation u dont have any problem if u are not sure contact us embassy .

Shikenna!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (869) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.