Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,685 members, 7,979,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 05:47 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (945774 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
@adexkem, Have u gotten ur VISA If yes pls tell me; Do i really need ''Birth Attestation'' from NPC for my Interview even if i have a Birth Certificate from the Hospital were i was born?? I read through your posts & i find it very interesting & educative.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
missannie: @adexkem, Have u gotten ur VISA If yes pls tell me; Do i really need ''Birth Attestation'' from NPC for my Interview even if i have a Birth Certificate from the Hospital were i was born?? I read through your posts & i find it very interesting & educative.
you dont need if you have the old one with your parent's name and your names well spelt out and also your date of birth is correct. I and my wife used same old type and got our visa(only my son dint use the old one because he was born last year)

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
dear forumites;i filled my form using my o level results as my highest school qualification,i also claim dt am an hair stylist which is wot i do for a living.i wanna ask if i wl be questioned based on my complete o level result or my vocational job.if its my vocational job ,will i be test with it in practice or asked orally.....thanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adexkem(m): 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Gentiger, Aderemi, Temmtenny, Bussy and others thank for the way you handle the issue of birth cretificate and it didnt lead to any problem. for those in need of birth certificate , please follow your mind. this is not just a forum, it is community. i can tell you so many people we meet here that has become friend both at home(NAIJA) or in US. you never can tell who can be of help. when issue like this comes up, let manage it in this manner that will not cause trouble. when temmytenny come i believe we still need to start another topic that will educate on JJC VIEW OF UNITED STATE. the true is if many of you should know what you will face in the first year in US, i tell you , You will not resign from that job / business to come US. FOR INSTANCE a lottery winner went back to nigeria last week becos he cant cope with the condition he found himself. DO YOU KNOW WHAT ? The man is doing well at home selling car. so he have to leave and i support such idea. As for me am not regretting cos have not establish anything at home....
WE CHAT MORE WHENEVER USA GIVE ME TIME TO COME ONLINE COS TIME NA MONEY HERE.
Gentiger: Meanwhile let read more testimonies from DV12.

No problem my brother. It's just that you omitted a cow. Lol!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
adexkem: Gentiger, Aderemi, Temmtenny, Bussy and others thank for the way you handle the issue of birth cretificate and it didnt lead to any problem. for those in need of birth certificate , please follow your mind. this is not just a forum, it is community. i can tell you so many people we meet here that has become friend both at home(NAIJA) or in US. you never can tell who can be of help. when issue like this comes up, let manage it in this manner that will not cause trouble. when temmytenny come i believe we still need to start another topic that will educate on JJC VIEW OF UNITED STATE. the true is if many of you should know what you will face in the first year in US, i tell you , You will not resign from that job / business to come US. FOR INSTANCE a lottery winner went back to nigeria last week becos he cant cope with the condition he found himself. DO YOU KNOW WHAT ? The man is doing well at home selling car. so he have to leave and i support such idea. As for me am not regretting cos have not establish anything at home....

Thanks brother. True to your words, let people follow their minds as regarding birth certificate. God who saw you thru, I pray should see the rest of us hopefuls thru. Much love. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
adexkem: Gentiger, Aderemi, Temmtenny, Bussy and others thank for the way you handle the issue of birth cretificate and it didnt lead to any problem. for those in need of birth certificate , please follow your mind. this is not just a forum, it is community. i can tell you so many people we meet here that has become friend both at home(NAIJA) or in US. you never can tell who can be of help. when issue like this comes up, let manage it in this manner that will not cause trouble. when temmytenny come i believe we still need to start another topic that will educate on JJC VIEW OF UNITED STATE. the true is if many of you should know what you will face in the first year in US, i tell you , You will not resign from that job / business to come US. FOR INSTANCE a lottery winner went back to nigeria last week becos he cant cope with the condition he found himself. DO YOU KNOW WHAT ? The man is doing well at home selling car. so he have to leave and i support such idea. As for me am not regretting cos have not establish anything at home....
God save us ooooo,but its just a while. Anything that is happening there, it have time but in nigeria no time.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
In all situations, give thanks to God, for Him ALONE will perfect our ways/expectations. It is well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
Tobi henryo: dear forumites;i filled my form using my o level results as my highest school qualification,i also claim dt am an hair stylist which is wot i do for a living.i wanna ask if i wl be questioned based on my complete o level result or my vocational job.if its my vocational job ,will i be test with it in practice or asked orally.....thanx
Do you has 5 credits at O level and your interview wil be on your O level and vocational job but everything depend on luck .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
Bussyme: Do you has 5 credits at O level and your interview wil be on your O level and vocational job but everything depend on luck .

I think they do not wanna hear fashion or hair sth. Pls keep right with the O'level thing.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
ferdiii:

I think they do not wanna hear fashion or hair sth. Pls keep right with the O'level thing.

Although his questions will be more based on his ssce been his highest level of education. But Don't ​U̶̲̥̅̊ think since he filled it in the forms that one or two question will be asked on that aspect.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:57am On Aug 01, 2012
Tobi henryo: dear forumites;i filled my form using my o level results as my highest school qualification,i also claim dt am an hair stylist which is wot i do for a living.i wanna ask if i wl be questioned based on my complete o level result or my vocational job.if its my vocational job ,will i be test with it in practice or asked orally.....thanx

There are qualifying jobs for dv selectee,and I dont think hair stylist fall into the category of qualifying job just stick to your o level, but my friend if you are able to get your Visa to united state you are already rich. to Weave hair is $80/head.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:19am On Aug 01, 2012
Bussyme: God save us ooooo,but its just a while. Anything that is happening there, it have time but in nigeria no time.

I like your comment bussyme,I think it is too early to start talking about job tips now,I want us to concentrate on how you guys will have a sucessful interview first.If you get your green card, if you like carry your load come village na you sabi,by the time your village people embrace you with different wahala, you go run back again.

Even millionare dey look for ordinary visiting visa not to talk of Green card to the richest country on planet earth,my brother even if you get biz for naija dont you need a global connection, if you dey enter yankee buy car come home no bi good thing? even if na bendown botique you dey do,your life will never remain thesame.

But make you put am for the back of ur mind say den no dey pack dollar for ground.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 3:56am On Aug 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

There are qualifying jobs for dv selectee,and I dont think hair stylist fall into the category of qualifying job just stick to your o level, but my friend if you are able to get your Visa to united state you are already rich. to Weave hair is $80/head.
$80/head too much ooo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:05am On Aug 01, 2012
Bussyme: $80/head too much ooo.
dats america 4u bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hituneu: 6:12am On Aug 01, 2012
Pls am confused,have sent the form but don't know if they will send a reply or I have to do some other thing thing again.how will I know they have sent me a reply?espically for my interview
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:14am On Aug 01, 2012
dats america 4u bro. @all,no where in this world is easy BT if u cn hustle wella, u wil survive the hardship in US and dat hardship is temporary if u are focused.al negative comment abt US only makes me get prepard more,dats y am nt in a rush to go nw.wit GOD all things are possible.HAPPY NEW MONTH
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2012
Tiwanna:

Although his questions will be more based on his ssce been his highest level of education. But Don't ​U̶̲̥̅̊ think since he filled it in the forms that one or two question will be asked on that aspect.

He shouldn't have indicated that. But since the O'level is intact, I want to believe so, the interviewer will naturally branch off to that. The O'level just has to be good enough.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2012
hituneu: Pls am confused,have sent the form but don't know if they will send a reply or I have to do some other thing thing again.how will I know they have sent me a reply?espically for my interview

Send KCC an e-mail to know if they have your package. When they have finished processing, you will get an e-mail advising you to go back to their site with your confirmation number to know the interview date. Before then, you can be using their visa bulletin to monitor when you case number will be current.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by CBlessed: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2012
I need your help please

I sent my DSP 122 and DS 230 Both forms but I forgot to send barcode sheet

i need ur advice about this issue
thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2012
C Blessed: I need your help please

thank you
cal and xplain to kcc.they wil ask you to scan and send it to them
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by shema: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2012
@ house...how much does renewal of passport cost and could it be done anywhere? Thanks...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:21am On Aug 01, 2012
shema: @ house...how much does renewal of passport cost and could it be done anywhere? Thanks...
AM not sure if it can be done any where but if you are in lagos pls visit ikoyi passport office
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:42am On Aug 01, 2012

That is for women, man na $12.If you sabi barb you don get money be that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by shema: 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
Thanks Mr Temmy.
temmytanny: AM not sure if it can be done any where but if you are in lagos pls visit ikoyi passport office
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
I emailed the lagos U.S embassy to get some information concerning birth certificate,police report, level of education required etc. Apparently it is compulsory to have 5 credits in ur ssce.and this was the response i got.
Thank you for your email.

You will need to be able to show the officer that you are educationally qualified at the time of the interview.  

WAEC, NECO, GCE, or SSCE with 5 credits of “6” or better; OND; HND; or University Degree.

Medical and police report are also required at the time of interview. We now only accept medical examinations from these two medical facilities in Nigeria: the Q-Life family Clinic, Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street, Off Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island, Lagos 01-804-2000 or 01-726-2840 Cell: 0702-770-4055 or the Children’s Practice Ltd., 25 Raymond Njoku, Ikoyi, Lagos; 01-893-0723.  Please contact these clinics to schedule your medical examination.  Medical packets are available at the clinic or at

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html. You would not be allowed in for the interview without a medical report from either clinic.

Each visa applicant aged 16 or over is required to submit a police certificate. This certificate must be obtained from Police Headquarters at Alagbon.

We also advise you come in with whatever birth certificate is available to you. You will be advised at the time of interview.

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Hope this will enlighten a bit for those who need infos concerning any of the above field

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
hituneu: Pls am confused,have sent the form but don't know if they will send a reply or I have to do some other thing thing again.how will I know they have sent me a reply?espically for my interview

If you sent your forms using a courier service, you should be able to track it online. However, KCC may not write to confirm receipt but it's your responsibility to write them to acknowledge receipt. I did and they responded. Ensure you specify case number, full names as it appears in your notification and the birth year. I experienced delay in their response because I omitted my year of birth. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
shema: @ house...how much does renewal of passport cost and could it be done anywhere? Thanks...

Is it the machine readable or ordinary? The procedure differ. I await your response. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
C Blessed: I need your help please

thank you

I read the case of a guy who omitted passport photos and was told by KCC to go with it to the embassy. Pls call them. That's a bit faster. Have your data ready because they will ask. Follow their recommendations. Do not panic. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
temmytanny: dats america 4u bro. @all,no where in this world is easy BT if u cn hustle wella, u wil survive the hardship in US and dat hardship is temporary if u are focused.al negative comment abt US only makes me get prepard more,dats y am nt in a rush to go nw.wit GOD all things are possible.HAPPY NEW MONTH

Temmytanny,the problem we have in Nigeria and Africa as as whole is because we are too comfortable with rubish,what people call hardship is hardwork and smartwork.Just take a simple notice of what we are doing presently on this forum, some people take their time to search the internet, come out with useful information and also teach others how to go about things, while some find it difficult to do.The irony of it is that they end up wasting money for what they can get at the tip of their fingers.

If you go to sectariate you will see some who never go to work, or just come by 10am and leave by 10:30am and still get paid at the end of the time.When people like that come here they will tell you,"oh it is hardship" plus everybody want to work in the office doing nothing, lecturer will not go to class for half a semester only to come two weeks to the exam and cover 13 weeks curriculum.

Here, my GM wash our bathroom do cleaning and eat with us on thesame table,When I call him "sir" he said you dont need to call me "sir" but In naija you have to clean their shoe, carry their bags and that of their girfriends.

My dear brother if "hardship" is: when you work for 4 months you are able to get a good accomodation,when I say good accomodation I am not refering to VI or Ikoyi type of accomodation not even garden City,every 2 weeks or even week you get your salary on time,your wages in a mounth as clerk or even cleaner is equivalent to what some senior managers in Nigeria bank take home,you have health insurance,you get double pay for Overtime,and double and a half for working on holidays,you can get a good car, then that is a good "hardship".

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
g-busta:
I emailed the lagos U.S embassy to get some information concerning birth certificate,police report, level of education required etc. Apparently it is compulsory to have 5 credits in ur ssce.and this was the response i got.
Thank you for your email.

You will need to be able to show the officer that you are educationally qualified at the time of the interview.  

WAEC, NECO, GCE, or SSCE with 5 credits of “6” or better; OND; HND; or University Degree.

Medical and police report are also required at the time of interview. We now only accept medical examinations from these two medical facilities in Nigeria: the Q-Life family Clinic, Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street, Off Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island, Lagos 01-804-2000 or 01-726-2840 Cell: 0702-770-4055 or the Children’s Practice Ltd., 25 Raymond Njoku, Ikoyi, Lagos; 01-893-0723.  Please contact these clinics to schedule your medical examination.  Medical packets are available at the clinic or at

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html. You would not be allowed in for the interview without a medical report from either clinic.

Each visa applicant aged 16 or over is required to submit a police certificate. This certificate must be obtained from Police Headquarters at Alagbon.

We also advise you come in with whatever birth certificate is available to you. You will be advised at the time of interview.

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Hope this will enlighten a bit for those who need infos concerning any of the above field

g-busta! you are my HERO, infact you've done what Napoleon and Nistrodamus can not do.I realy appreciate this.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Temmytanny,the problem we have in Nigeria and Africa as as whole is because we are too comfortable with rubish,what people call hardship is hardwork and smartwork.Just take a simple notice of what we are doing presently on this forum, some people take their time to search the internet, come out with useful information and also teach others how to go about things, while some find it difficult to do.The irony of it is that they end up wasting money for what they can get at the tip of their fingers.

If you go to sectariate you will see some who never go to work, or just come by 10am and leave by 10:30am and still get paid at the end of the time.When people like that come here they will tell you,"oh it is hardship" plus everybody want to work in the office doing nothing, lecturer will not go to class for half a semester only to come two weeks to the exam and cover 13 weeks curriculum.

Here, my GM wash our bathroom do cleaning and eat with us on thesame table,When I call him "sir" he said you dont need to call me "sir" but In naija you have to clean their shoe, carry their bags and that of their girfriends.

My dear brother if "hardship" is: when you work for 4 months you are able to get a good accomodation,when I say good accomodation I am not refering to VI or Ikoyi type of accomodation not even garden City,every 2 weeks or even week you get your salary on time,your wages in a mounth as clerk or even cleaner is equivalent to what some senior managers in Nigeria bank take home,you have health insurance,you get double pay for Overtime,and double and a half for working on holidays,you can get a good car, then that is a good "hardship".

thats no hardship bro. Thanks for the fact.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

My dear brother if "hardship" is: when you work for 4 months you are able to get a good accomodation,when I say good accomodation I am not refering to VI or Ikoyi type of accomodation not even garden City,every 2 weeks or even week you get your salary on time,your wages in a mounth as clerk or even cleaner is equivalent to what some senior managers in Nigeria bank take home,you have health insurance,you get double pay for Overtime,and double and a half for working on holidays,you can get a good car, then that is a good "hardship". .

True talk my brother. I always like Чuя comment. Its educating, inspirational and interesting. Keep up the good work sir. Happy new month to ​U̶̲̥̅̊ and every other nl.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.