Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,583 members, 7,901,744 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (933799 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:51pm On May 08, 2013
Seguneji: Hello house, I just checked my entrant today and thank God I got selected. Pls house I don't know the next step to take. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:51pm On May 08, 2013
nereiskc: . Good morning pals, pls am yet to get or see any help from anyone. Last week my little sister checked her dv lottery entering and she was selected for interview. Though we are yet to receive any email containing the interview details as in date and venue. A frnd said I shld mail Kcc for inquires and another said they will send d interview stuff via courier, so am confused and time is ticking. So I need help as in explanation on wht nxt or step to follow. Thanks pals

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taatus: 5:04pm On May 08, 2013
YessWeeCan: @taatus, pls kindly rephrase this, i want to be sure you can read between lines. i suppose you are not referring to me anyway.

@ yesweecan i was just trying to advice folks to keep quiet if they have no idea about the about someones issue. thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taatus: 5:10pm On May 08, 2013
dchalice: Please house,and in particular those with interview experience i need to know urgently if there is a problem with laminated documents cos some of my documents are laminated...my interview is in may.thanks.

There is no problem once they can see through the laminated document. cos i also have my HND cert laminated and there was no issue. all the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 08, 2013
Xup my brother any show
ernestleon: I just left a msg on his skype and facebook.I hope he reponds quickly.I would have called but he is in the U.s so I dont have his numbber.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 08, 2013
Petsal: Gud morning house, the issue about obtaining citizenship after 5yrs, pls is it compulsory the 5yrs shuld be at a stretch or one can decided to travel and later continue the remaining the years? Thanks

technically its 4 yrs and 9 months,however once you submit your N400 form you cannot travel outside the US. processing at that stage takes 3 months, hence the 5 yrs.

you can leave the US(your freedom to travel is unrestricted)but it shouldn't be more than 6 months at a stretch,longer periods outside will require a re-entry permit.needless to say,all thees are going into your record at USCIS.

the aim of dv lottery is to encourage people to PERMANENTLY immigrate to US.Junketting all over the place will not look good,beside you only prolong the length of time required for citizenship.

you must also be stainless as far as criminal activities.

you must ingrain yourself with US and learn their history,Constitution and politics.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 08, 2013
Chuck87:

Congrats!

by virtue of her checking,the link to download the forms should be clear.

KCC will not send forms via email or any other means
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:18pm On May 08, 2013
adeniyisavage:

technically its 4 yrs and 9 months,however once you submit your N400 form you cannot travel outside the US. processing at that stage takes 3 months, hence the 5 yrs.

you can leave the US(your freedom to travel is unrestricted)but it shouldn't be more than 6 months at a stretch,longer periods outside will require a re-entry permit.needless to say,all thees are going into your record at USCIS.

the aim of dv lottery is to encourage people to PERMANENTLY immigrate to US.Junketting all over the place will not look good,beside you only prolong the length of time required for citizenship.

you must ingrain yourself with US and learn their history,Constitution and politics.

Nice one brother...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by YessWeeCan(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2013
taatus:

@ yesweecan i was just trying to advice folks to keep quiet if they have no idea about the about someones issue. thanks.
Ok my brother, i respect your courage.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger:

Nice one brother...

just following in your footsteps...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lonpylonpa: 7:01pm On May 08, 2013
pjogutum1: Favourablegirl:

lONPY i WILL BE VERY fRANK WITH YOU, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE VISA, THAT FRAUD. STAY SINGLE BUT IS LATE YOU HAVE SENT ds 230 ALREADY.SORRY, DONOT SPEND YOUR MONEY AT THE EMBASSY

@lonpy lonpa: Do not be discouraged, wait until you receive your 2NL, I’m sure the letter wouldn’t contain those names you mentioned some people made the same mistake. Just be truthful to the CO during your interview that you did not understand that part of the form. Did you still maintained single when submitting your forms? If you did, there is hope.

I will like to thank you very much pjogutum1 for the courage you have given right now i really am great full. It was a mistake i made on my form and i am ready to take my chances at the embassy." You know it is not good to ever say never"
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hunterblue: 8:23pm On May 08, 2013
Hello everybody am looking for anyone in Atlanta Georgia who can give me ideal on getting an apartment on time please anybody

Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 8:23pm On May 08, 2013
adeniyisavage:

Nice one bro. But what is N400 form? & Pls, will my GC & SSN be mailed to my adress. Bcus I entered d states 6-days & am yet to receive any stuff. Pls reply. Thank u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 8:39pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger:

Go to your new state of choice and change your green card delivery address at the port of entry. I did. You too can. But you must write out the new address clearly on paper and Let them know you wish to use the updated address. They will enter it for you in the system. That's it...

How long will it take ur GC to arrive? & also will d SSN be mailed to d given address too? Pls reply. Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 9:11pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger thanks for ur time and effort to sincerely pass information to those that need it
the Lord is ur strength
pls do not be discouraged
taatus:

yea ma bro... i nearly ignored them as well but it was a heart-feeling to see someone been mislead... but i would advice that next time do your best not to be silent on such issues cos u are one of the prominent members who have helped a lot of people in this forum including me. all the same i wish she listens to wisdom
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 08, 2013
missannie:

Nice one bro. But what is N400 form? & Pls, will my GC & SSN be mailed to my adress. Bcus I entered d states 6-days & am yet to receive any stuff. Pls reply. Thank u.

That's the form you will fill out and send to USCIS for naturalization purposes,when you have spent required amount of time in the US.

the first step in a series of step to get citizenship.

from your post,you're still a bit far off. so get your GC & SSN,shun crime,don't travel unless you have to. everything will be ok

your GC will be mailed to the address written in your ds112 form. it usually takes anywhere from 8-20 days depending on state. the SSN however must be applied for,so you need to locate the nearest SSA building to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 10:10pm On May 08, 2013
So happy to see DV 2014 selectee collecting the baton from us. Yes We Can!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2013
missannie:

How long will it take ur GC to arrive? & also will d SSN be mailed to d given address too? Pls reply. Thanks.

It all depends on the state. In California, ssn should be ready in 4 business days, GC in 12 business days from the day you pay your GC processing fee. Apart from Texas where I learnt you have to wait for a couple of weeks to apply for ssn and GC, it appears other state exposure action to ensure all your processing are completed within 21 days.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:27pm On May 08, 2013
adeniyisavage:

That's the form you will fill out and send to USCIS for naturalization purposes,when you have spent required amount of time in the US.

from your post,you're still a bit far off. so get your GC & SSN,shun crime,don't travel unless you have to. everything will be ok

your GC will be mailed to the address written in your ds112 form. it usually takes anywhere from 8-20 days depending on state. the SSN however must be applied for,so you need to locate the nearest SSA building to you.

The Good things about naturalization is that you need not apply. Once you're due for it, the forms and detailed instructions are sent to your mail. I speak for California. I don't know if it's so in the other States.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 08, 2013
Gentiger:

The Good things about naturalization is that you need not apply. Once you're due for it, the forms and detailed instructions are sent to your mail. I speak for California. I don't know if it's so in the other States.

guess it should be,since it falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Govt.
i'm speaking from experiences in Illinois,early 90s
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:46pm On May 08, 2013
adeniyisavage:

Do you stays in Illinois?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 12:42am On May 09, 2013
adeniyisavage:

Thanks@ adeniyisavage, God bless u. What are d requiremts for d SSN? & how long will I get it after applying (Am based in Houston Texas). Can i Apply online?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 12:52am On May 09, 2013
Pls, those in Houston Texas how long these it take b4 ur GC was mailed to d given address?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:11am On May 09, 2013
adeniyisavage:

Oh That's great.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by phabulousgpikin: 1:15am On May 09, 2013
missannie:

Thanks@ adeniyisavage, God bless u. What are d requiremts for d SSN? & how long will I get it after applying (Am based in Houston Texas). Can i Apply online?

You don't get SSN cards from USCIS. You must apply (after you receive your GC) for the SSN at a local social security administration office.

You can try to call USCIS and ask for the USPS tracking number.

Since you have a valid I-551 stamp on your passport, then you can travel and re-enter (within the validity date) without your GC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 2:27am On May 09, 2013
I had my SSS diploma laminated and they asked me why I laminated it. They were kinda suspicious but it was originally laminated by my school before I got it. From Ghana by the way interviewed in Europe.

dchalice: Please house,and in particular those with interview experience i need to know urgently if there is a problem with laminated documents cos some of my documents are laminated...my interview is in may.thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 2:53am On May 09, 2013
missannie: Pls, those in Houston Texas how long these it take b4 ur GC was mailed to d given address?
Jst be expectin ur green-card in 19 days after admission into de United states,den u can go apply for ur ssn.Some one told me one can stil apply 4 ssn dat same week of admission,mayb u can go try dat nd see if it works 4 u.Welcome to America bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 4:00am On May 09, 2013
nero xp:

Jst be expectin ur green-card in 19 days after admission into de United states,den u can go apply for ur ssn.Some one told me one can stil apply 4 ssn dat same week of admission,mayb u can go try dat nd see if it works 4 u.Welcome to America bro

Green card coming in 19 days is correct while you can apply for SSN after 21 days and expect it 4 days later. ( Houston experience )
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 5:07am On May 09, 2013
Opoki: So happy to see DV 2014 selectee collecting the baton from us. Yes We Can!
I need help am from Nairobi, Kenya my CN; 2014AF000113**. When do u think my interview month will fall? mailed all the needed docs and av tracked status. already in KY.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 7:14am On May 09, 2013
Thank you. I am on my way to do the age declaration.
chio:
I think you will also need a valid ID such as a copy of the Data page of ur international passport
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2013
monsieursam64: Congrats engineer wale! IT CAN ONLY BE GOD...
I appreciate you monsieursam64. Merci beaucoup.......lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Seguneji(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2013
Thanks to everyone for your advise. Pls which courier service will be good enough to send my form to them in the us

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.