Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (928294 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 3:55pm On May 10, 2013
tundemalik@gmai:
yea bro,can't wait for bulletin to upload fast fast!!!!

Mantiger & tundema: u guys shld chill nw hahahahaha. Mr bulletin came 2 ma hse ds mornin tryin 2 locate nairaland office buh I told him if he can wait till wen I close frm wrk i will take him dere...he said, No p. So I'm abt 2 close frm wrk...so anytin frm 5.30 or 6.00 o'clock you guys shld check bulletin, believe me Rooooodboy...gudluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ediofeboyz: 4:27pm On May 10, 2013
rood boy:

Mantiger & tundema: u guys shld chill nw hahahahaha. Mr bulletin came 2 ma hse ds mornin tryin 2 locate nairaland office buh I told him if he can wait till wen I close frm wrk i will take him dere...he said, No p. So I'm abt 2 close frm wrk...so anytin frm 5.30 or 6.00 o'clock you guys shld check bulletin, believe me Rooooodboy...gudluck.

UPCOMING BULLETIN:
AFRICA 66700 (according to sources)
Not sure about rest of Africa
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rauly: 4:28pm On May 10, 2013
Gentiger:

Well, depending on your CN, if you're sure of graduating next year, you can delay the submission of your forms to a reasonable time. If it's 2015 you will be graduating, depending on your sponsor, you May proceed as a transferred student. When your transcript is evaluated, you will be re-admitted as a transferred student to finish your program in a US institution. Congratulations on your being selection.

But i have sent the forms already...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by piku12: 4:50pm On May 10, 2013
Leripa:

Check DV 2014 Winners Meet Here thread. You question has been answered.
Thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 5:17pm On May 10, 2013
Gentiger: You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

Back to What we were saying, going back to school need not be tedious. I'll advice each and everyone already in the States to evaluate their certificates or academic credentials with the appropriate evaluation centers scattered. across the States. This is a very important step if you must go to school. Secondly choose a course of study most sought after. Do programs that will make you indispensable. Always verify average yearly income for any program you choose and job availability. When you are satisfied with your chosen program, then you can proceed to the next level.

You must choose schools with the necessary accreditation for the desired course of study. Ensure you review the schools in your locality for competitiveness and financial aid availability. This is very important . Private schools are expensive but better in terms of academic output. Again, they churn out graduates much faster than government schools. Classes are not congested and students are given personal attention, usually, you may be assigned to a professor to guide you through your chosen course of study. This is the advantage of private over public schools.

When you have chosen your school and your course of study, the next phase is how to pay for tuition and other related expenses. This is where federal grant and federal/private loans come in. I will break it down for you to understand. Let's proceed.

When you enroll for any house of study in a college or university setting, as a green card holder you are entitled to $5500 grant. It's called the Pell Grant and is non-refundable. It's awuf. With this grant, your school fee is reduced by $5,500. All schools will draw this grant to your attention. It is your entitlement. America sweet die!!!

Next, you need to create a pin for your Federal Government loans. Loans are not grants. Loans from the government are repayable over a period of 10 years with a fixed but low interest rate in comparison to Private loans. Avoid private loans as much as you can. To get your pin, log on to www.pin.ed.gov. Fill out the required forms and allow a maximum of 3 business days to have your pin approved. Your pin is your financial power as far as government loans are concerned. Do not share it and do not disclose to third parties.

Below are the various Federal government grants you can take advantage of. It covers all levels of studies, college students, undergraduates or graduate students.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
2. Federal graduate plus loan
3. Federal Parent plus loan
If you don't want these loans but want to be employed by your school and have your salary used to service your tuition, Then take advantage of the
4. Federal Work study.

To apply for Federal Stafford loan, you must first have your admission for your program of study, Then log on to www.fafsa.gov. You can also take a look at this site for additional information: www.studentloans.gov. I wish everyone a lovely study life in the US.

A word of advice:

If your highest level of studies is WAEC/NECO, please don't travel down to the States without atleast 5 WAEC/NECO scratch cards. You will need it here. Trust me when I tell you this. Again, if you are a graduate of any field of study, approach your graduate school and have your transcript processed. Keep a personal reference copy and have your school send a copy to any one of the certificate evaluation services here in the States. I wish I had someone to tell me all these before I left Nigeria. I plan travelling down though. Log on to www.Wes.org. This is one of the best certificate evaluation service providers you can find. There are many others. Google them up and ensure they are properly accredited to provide that service in the US.

God bless you all. Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles.

Nice one

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
[Visa bullentin released...Africa 66,700.......Nigeria 17,775
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2013
jaspa400: [Visa bullentin released...Africa 66,700.......Nigeria 17,775
Can you explain this like I'm a 6 year old?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2013
pls don't peddle unverified information, the bulletin is not yet out and you knw it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Seguneji(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2013
Good day house and thanks for the advice every time I ask, pls I want 2 know about social security number and shld I apply for it because its there on the form before I finally submit. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 6:31pm On May 10, 2013
ediofeboyz:

UPCOMING BULLETIN:
AFRICA 66700 (according to sources)
Not sure about rest of Africa
....that means.....as said nigeria will hav 17,775 which wil be very poor o.....am worried nw.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Izyy: 6:32pm On May 10, 2013
is this some expensive joke or something?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 6:34pm On May 10, 2013
Am gettn worried ds tym @ bulletin,cos if wat am hearing is tru dat means,my patient may run dry o.......As I heard,Nigeria may hav 17,775 Cn range in ds upcoming bulletin......am so worried......wat do we do?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tundemalikgmai(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2013
edimop: Am gettn worried ds tym @ bulletin,cos if wat am hearing is tru dat means,my patient may run dry o.......As I heard,Nigeria may hav 17,775 Cn range in ds upcoming bulletin......am so worried......wat do we do?
visa bulletin,we beg u to update urself,and save us the tension in the house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 6:49pm On May 10, 2013
Hello house,what is d highest CN for nigeria.......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 6:50pm On May 10, 2013
tundemalik@gmai:
visa bulletin,we beg u to update urself,and save us the tension in the house
hmmmm.......like am tensed ds tym.imagine-17,775...ts very poor for naija na
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2013
edimop: Hello house,what is d highest CN for nigeria.......
I've heard about 28k in forum.immigration.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tundemalikgmai(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2013
edimop: hmmmm.......like am tensed ds tym.imagine-17,775...ts very poor for naija na
is visa bulletin out?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 7:00pm On May 10, 2013
Opoki:
I've heard about 28k in forum.immigration.com
if ts up to dat,y den r dey dropping d CN,besides if wat am seeing nw is real,t means many may end up nt getn their 2NL......wat do u fink?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 7:07pm On May 10, 2013
My people in the house, the drama is unfolding gradually o! Well, whatever the release number is let us take it easy, and pray that things improve and speed up. 2013 must finish before 2014 starts just bear that in mind and plan ahead happy weekend pals.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 7:23pm On May 10, 2013
ik.swiss:
Brother is Mr Easy the one doing police report
I hope ur only collectin this contact for the near future and not to make the police report now, u have to receive ur 2NL before u do dis
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:02pm On May 10, 2013
Amefrica:

I dey hear u ooo.. Feel free
how can i get my transcript at osu on time?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:09pm On May 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Yes bro.. Ur damn right, OSU is privilege to have d best LAW all ova da federation.. I applied for law but they gave me HDS.. I find it very interesting tho.. Great OSUites
gbooossssssssssssa gbosaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 8:28pm On May 10, 2013
why creating tension. the bulletin is not out and it has not been uploaded
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 10, 2013
genlion: how can i get my transcript at osu on time?

You'll need to go to FCMB mini campus n pay a particular amount..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 9:08pm On May 10, 2013
tundemalik@gmai:
is visa bulletin out?
nt yet......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 9:22pm On May 10, 2013
Justwise or is it Justfoolish? You are beginning to really irritate me. Why the hell did you keep deleting or hiding my posts? Are you crazy? You are mad I asked for the email address of Husmern because I need some information from him? I have read on other threads about your dictatorial tendencies. You are either too foolish to comprehend simple English or you are always on some substance that is beclouding your judgement!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 9:30pm On May 10, 2013
kdgom66: Justwise or is it Justfoolish? You are beginning to really irritate me. Why the hell did you keep deleting or hiding my posts? Are you crazy? You are mad I asked for the email address of Husmern because I need some information from him? I have read on other threads about your dictatorial tendencies. You are either too foolish to comprehend simple English or you are always on some substance that is beclouding your judgement!

Every effort should be made to keep people like you with dodgy character out of any decent place. You are looking for a lottery winner to marry you for a fee so as to take you to America, you will not get that here,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 9:41pm On May 10, 2013
justwise:

Every effort should be made to keep people like you with dodgy character out of any decent place. You are looking for a lottery winner to marry you for a fee so as to take you to America, you will not get that here,

Hahahahaha, you are a fool! You must have flunked English while in school because it is so apparent you cannot understand simple English. So I want to marry Husmern, a man like myself? Really? Idiot. I see the highest point of your achievement is being made a moderator. You get drunk on your little power. For your information, I visit US every year for holiday.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 9:52pm On May 10, 2013
kdgom66:

Hahahahaha, you are a fool! You must have flunked English while in school because it is so apparent you cannot understand simple English. So I want to marry Husmern, a man like myself? Really? Idiot. I see the highest point of your achievement is being made a moderator. You get drunk on your little power. For your information, I visit US every year for holiday.

Silly cow, you know i was not referring to Husmern's case, i have being following your post since May 1st when the lottery result came out and in at least 2 occasions you have suggested paying a lottery winner 1million to marry you so as to include you in the application.

This is coming from somebody who claimed to be a lawyer, what a shame.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 9:58pm On May 10, 2013
Bulletin finally loaded.....17,775 na wa o......am tired of waitn

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.