Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,326 members, 7,971,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:27 AM

Nigeriabestform: What Went Wrong - - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeriabestform: What Went Wrong - (814 Views)

Nairaland Went Offline Today (pics) / Please Can Someone Tell Me What Went Wrong With Smartwebng / What Went Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeriabestform: What Went Wrong - by vowiski(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2012
NigeriaBestForum was crafted with the popular SMF forum script, it had good propests and would rival the popular Nairaland forum which had already solidified itself in the hearts of many Nigerians. But it failed in a journey that it started well. What went wrong? How did NigeriaBestForum get it all wrong?

Firstly, NigeriaBestForum spent enormous amount of money on advertisement, it was as though the owner(s) paid for all the slots in Google advertisement program. The advertisement worked like a charm, before we knew it, NigeriaBestForum was just behind Nairaland by a very slim margin as reported by Alexa. But to be on point and further highlight one major flaw in the advertisement was that it did not really preach what the site offered. I never knew a forum could also be a social network (Let us understand the meaning of a social network, from my understanding; Social Networks defines the grouping of individuals into specific groups, like small rural communities or a neighborhood subdivision or better still into circles where you have all your information that can be viewed by millions, get connected with people who share similar interests as yours.) NigeriaBestForum is in no way near the definition of a Social Network and once an unsuspecting internet user visits the site via the ads, the likelihood that the user might wait and/or return may prove a very hideous task.

Keep Reading
Re: Nigeriabestform: What Went Wrong - by Sub5(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2012
This is serious, and i like your review. Can you review this young Nigeria forum www.allstudentforum.com

(1) (Reply)

''Free Google Adword Voucher Up For Grab'' / How To Insert Google Absence In Php Website / Looking For Nigerian Latest Forum Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.