Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? (1321 Views)

Nairaland Islam Section Debate (NISD) Comments Thread / Nairaland Islam Section Debate (NISD) / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 02, 2012
Muslims can raise new topics in this general section which is all well and good.

But I raised a new topic in the ISLAM section which was deleted, a very inoffensive article if I may add.

Why do we now have a situation on this forum where one rule is made for only one particular sect and others can go 'hang'.

I understand radical Muslims are instilling fear into all and sundry worldwide , but this is an anonymous forum where freedom of speech should be of paramount importance, or is it

Atheists have turned the general section into a rude, bible bashing, Christian insulting and childish kindergarten-like place , but you never ever expect their posts to be deleted or comments for that matter.

I await further deletion of this article from the politically correct moderators.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by maclatunji: 11:33am On May 02, 2012
There is a new Sheriff in town and he is determined to turn what used to be the 'wild wild west' into the 'mild mild east' so help him Allah.

I have defended Christians here when I felt they were being unduly attacked by Muslims. Hence, you cannot accuse me of being biased. Decorum and order are key for me, you follow the rules and there won't be any problems.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by vedaxcool(m): 12:08pm On May 02, 2012
frosbel: Muslims can raise new
Atheists have turned the general section into a rude, bible bashing, Christian insulting and childish kindergarten-like place ,

Lol! Frosbel u should be proud someone is emulating ur bad manners. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 12:32pm On May 02, 2012
maclatunji: There is a new Sheriff in town and he is determined to turn what used to be the 'wild wild west' into the 'mild mild east' so help him Allah.

I have defended Christians here when I felt they were being unduly attacked by Muslims. Hence, you cannot accuse me of being biased. Decorum and order are key for me, you follow the rules and there won't be any problems.

delusions

your people are still flooding the main religion section because because guess what? your mild mild east is extremely boring. just like the christian heaven. everybody praising each other. beeerrk!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by maclatunji: 12:56pm On May 02, 2012
Logic Mind:

delusions

your people are still flooding the main religion section because because guess what? your mild mild east is extremely boring. just like the christian heaven. everybody praising each other. beeerrk!

I modified this post because I wanted to quote it to address you instead of hiding it. I was so tempted to ban you this morning for offences you committed on other threads but I held back because you had not yet broken my tolerance threshold. You have to really mind your language when posting here. I cannot speak for other sections or moderators, but over here I know my powers and how to use them.

Consider this as my formal warning to you to desist from using inappropriate language before you get a ban from me.

Thank you.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 1:26pm On May 02, 2012
maclatunji:

I modified this post because I wanted to quote it to address you instead of hiding it. I was so tempted to ban you this morning for offences you committed on other threads but I held back because you had not yet broken my tolerance threshold. You have to really mind your language when posting here. I cannot speak for other sections or moderators, but over here I know my powers and how to use them.

Consider this as my formal warning to you to desist from using inappropriate language before you get a ban from me.

Thank you.

At least you are trying to be more transparent than your christian counterparts that hit the ban button with no justification.
Please continue in this transparency and tell me where exactly i used "inappropriate language" so that it won't be done again.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 1:35pm On May 02, 2012
Ok I get it.
You were offended because I used the word "fanatic" to qualify some people who leave this section and try to spread islam on the main religion section.
Sorry I didn't know that such words were banned in this section. I know there is much intolerance in islam for a lot of things but i never guessed that calling enthusiastic devotees fanatics is one of those. I apologize whole heartedly and promise never to use this word ever again on nairaland islam for muslims section when talking about islamic activists.
However feel free to call me anything you want because unlike many people, I AM FREE.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by maclatunji: 1:45pm On May 02, 2012
^Hahaha, check your posts on this section, some of them were hidden by moi this morning. Add such to your list of don'ts on this section.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 2:09pm On May 02, 2012
maclatunji: ^Hahaha, check your posts on this section, some of them were hidden by moi this morning. Add such to your list of don'ts on this section.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

i don't know which posts you are refering to as you said you've hidden them.
i still don't deem my language inappropriate so the only reason you can ban me is because you do not like my opinions in which case I will urge you to emulate your christian counterparts and hit the ban button right now because I am what I am and no amount of nl moderator threats can change that. Ask JeSoul.
freedom sweet. try it.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by maclatunji: 2:21pm On May 02, 2012
^Actually, threatening is not my style, I am more for action. The only reason I have indulged you so much on this thread is that I see the potential in you to moderate yourself. So, don't go disappointing me. Henceforth, check your language before you post even if nobody is going to ban you- become a better person.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 02, 2012
maclatunji: There is a new Sheriff in town and he is determined to turn what used to be the 'wild wild west' into the 'mild mild east' so help him Allah.

Mild Mild east, is that a joke grin

Your are preventing freedom of speech here, therefore I will revert to posting any articles of interest, as far as it is not insulting or abusive , in the General section.

Truth must be spoken !!

1 Like

Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 9:09pm On May 02, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol! Frosbel u should be proud someone is emulating ur bad manners. grin grin grin grin grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 9:12pm On May 02, 2012
frosbel has opened a similar thread in the other section and he was given answers:

https://www.nairaland.com/928302/islam-section-becomes-no-go
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:22am On May 03, 2012
"frosbel",you presented to us in the religion forum,what was deleted in the Islam section.so why did you end up deleting your thread after the rebutta; i gave on the article you posted in the thread and also after you were losing in the poll as majority members voted that they view your thread offensive?

for the record,here is the article "frosbel" posted quoted and my rebuttal:

frosbel:

Islamic Terror Attacks: What is to Blame? by DR. LAINA FARHAT-HOLZMAN

There are two ways to analyze the violent eruption of global terrorist attacks that have marked the past three decades: analyze the nature of the threat and the culture supporting it, or blame it all on the evils of Western colonialism and American militarism. The latter analysis is the choice of the "politically correct," who say that terrorism is as rampant in the West as it is in the Muslim world. A truth check, however, will tell us that for every Western terrorist (such as Timothy McVeigh), there are hundreds almost exclusively from the Muslim world.

If colonialism is the villain of this piece, why do ideologues only talk about Western colonialism? Why ignore that Arab Muslims (and European Christians) suffered under 500 years of Ottoman Turkish colonialism well before Western colonization? And how about the Muslim world in Central Asia that suffered under both Russian Tsarist and Communist colonialism?

Arabs themselves were dreadful imperialists (700-1,000 A.D.) and every land they conquered is still dysfunctional today, according to Harvard economics professor, Eric Chaney: " Democratic Change in the Arab World, Past and Present," in the April 7 Economist and Fareed Zakaria in Time, April 7. Wherever Arabs conquered, good governance and economic development were smothered, as they are today. This is even true for countries temporarily conquered but not converted to Islam by the Arabs (Spain, Portugal, Southern Italy).

Islamist terrorism is not just aimed at the West (revenge for colonization), but also at Thailand (Buddhist); Muslim Indonesia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia; and Nigeria, where jihadis murdered Christian church goers on Easter Sunday. Black slavery was an Arab business long before it was European.

American deniers and apologists for Islamist terrorism have a colleague in Canada: Mira Blinkers, president of "Canadians-are-Under-No-Threat," who has passionately denounced the treatment of "captive insurgents" (her term for terrorists) and thinks that they should not only be treated better, but should be integrated into Canadian society. The current object of her attention is Afghan jihadi, Ahmed Allah-Akbar.

The satirical website, British Freedom, has offered an imaginary letter from Canada's Department of Defence, providing Ms. Blinker with a new "Adopt-a-Jihadist" program designed specifically for her. (See britishfreedom.org/canada's-new-adopt-a-jihadist-program/)

"In accordance with the guidelines of this new pilot program, we have decided to release one terrorist and place him in your custody. I am pleased to inform you that your personal detainee has been selected and is scheduled for transportation under heavily armed guard from Pearson International to your residence in Toronto next Thursday.

Ahmed Allah-Akbar (you can just call him Ahmed) is to be cared for pursuant to the standards you personally demanded in your letter of complaint. In other words, the standards which you and most people of your ideological persuasion demand of civilized democracies like Israel, but not of Islamic dictatorships.

We understand that you plan to offer counseling and home-schooling. Be warned. Your adopted terrorist is extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat and can extinguish human life with such simple items as a pencil or nail clippers. We advise that you do not ask him to demonstrate these skills at your yoga class or while you are piloting your Cessna aircraft. He is also expert at making a wide variety of explosive devices from common household products, so you may wish to keep those items locked up, unless you think that this might offend him. [Canada permits ruinous lawsuits against those who "offend" Islamists.]

You will appreciate that Ahmed, as an Islamic fundamentalist, views females as a subhuman property without rights, including the right to refuse his intimate demands. This is a particularly sensitive subject for him and he has been known to show violent tendencies around women who fail to comply with the new dress code that he will "recommend" as more appropriate attire. I'm sure that, over time, you will come to enjoy the anonymity offered by the burka. Just remember that it is all part of 'respecting his culture and religious beliefs' as described in your letter."

The letter was signed by "General I. M. Perturbed." A man after my own heart.

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/islamic-terror-attacks-what-is-to-blame?f=must_reads#ixzz1tkL9QoDc
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

MY REBUTTAL TO THE ARTICLE "frosbel" USED (quoted above) TO START HIS THREAD THAT WAS DELETED

first let me start with the title of the post:"islamic terror attacks".

what makes a terror attack "islamic"? does it mean any attack or action a Muslim commits becomes automatically "islamic" and supported by the religion of Islam?she (the author) claims in the article that there is a "culture supporting it". I dont think so.i feel offended for holding Islam responsible when any muslim commits a crime.and that standard is not upheld against judaism or christianity when their adherents commit crimes.

now let us ask ourselves who really is a "muslim terrorist"? is a boko haram,wahhabi alqaeda-oriented-group member blowing up innocent civilians,the same as a palestinian fighting against zionist occupation of palestine,which is his ancestral home?we have to distinguis between the real terrorist and a resistance fight who is fighting against occupation of his land.in the sight of a palestinian,the west which supports israel to kill his people,take his land,and displace his people is terrorist just as alqaeda (made by western intelligence) is to the west presently.that is a valid distinction we must be able to make.

she spoke of ottoman coloization.does this woman really know how more evil and wicked western colnization is? the arab muslims allied themselves with western powers to fight against the ottomans during world war 1.the ottomans were allied with the germans.the arabs were dissatisfied with ottoman rule.the west promised the arabs that if they revolt and weaken the ottomans,a german ally,they will give independence to the arab territories.the arabs did revolt and the ottoman empire was dissolved and the germans defeated.what did the west do? they divided arab territories among themselves and colonize them and made the balfour declaration promising the zionist jews to give them palestine.furthermore,upon independence,the west installed and supported dictatorial monarchies in the middle east from which arabs still suffer in places such as saudi arabia and other places after independence like egypt and yemen.why should the "democratic west" support or collaborate with dictators who deny their people's will? the dictators ofcourse with complacence from the west in legitimizing their rule in the international community,act as puppets for the west and their neo-colonial policies.the west has supported governments in the middle east against the interests of minority groups such as christians as long as those countries supply them with oil and promote western policies and safeguard the interest of apartheid israel.the western imeprialism is spoken most against because of its effect all over the world including africa,latin america,asia and not only in the middle east.the effect is also long lasting and still being felt and ongoing.

the author is so racist that she says anywhere arabs conquere the land become dysfunctional.she forgets that islamic civilization brought by the arabs reached its peak at a time europe was in darkness.arab and muslim scientists made very important contributions to humanity that were built upon later to reach the present advancement and progress we enjoy.in spain and portugal where catholicism and roman rule maltreated the people became centers of admiration and great architecture flourishing in many fields.cities like cordoba and grenada are popular to this day for their great architecture and beauty during muslim rule of the iberian peninsula.

her bias and prejudiced attitude is clearly displayed.in thailand where muslims are oppressed and as in the phillipines,she consider them to be "terrorists".those people may have used wrong methods to fight for their cause.or their just and righful cause may have been exploited by western engineered alqaeda.nontheless,you cannot discredit these people for being separatists or fighting for rights in their countries against their governments.also,clashes between muslims and christians (i.e the adherents) and between one religious group and another is different from terrorism that is perpetrated for instance by boko haram or alqaeda and their suicide bombers against innocent people.in a place like nigeria,religious clashes also have the ethnic factor/rivalry promoting it.saying black slavery was an arab business long before it was european again shows her disgusting hatred and racism.slavery in arabia preceeded islam.but she wants to use that to tarnish the image of muslims.islam came and put a stop to slavery and provided measures to eliminate it in arabia and beyond.but again by using the word arab,she is sending the idea that all arabs at all times were and are muslims.she also did not mention that pagan arabian slavery is much merciful than european slavery.she forgot to mention that christianity (the religion itself and its bible) promote slavery and the europeans who came to spread christianity perfected wickedness in slavery.

she is trying her best to prmote hate against muslims.this is an islamophobic article.she is condemning a canadian for saying canadians are not under threat to justify the maltreatment of muslims.how many muslims have been arrested and jailed arbitrarily and harrassed in airports for wearing a beard or having a darker skin?

this article towards the end exposed itself by regarding apartheid israel as a "civilized democracy" "frosbel",do you agree with such opinion that israel is a "civilized democracy"? her aim for generalizing and considering every muslim who carries a gun without distinction as terrorist is evidently to support israeli crimes against humanity.she is simply telling us because alqaeda terrorists are muslims,therefore all muslims including those fighting israeli occupation of their land are also terrorists.so it is clear for all to see that this author is a supporter of israeli zionist state terrorism.funnily enough,she considers western backed dictatorships in the arab world like the saudi monrach as "islamic dictatorship".there is nothing more silly and ridiculously foolish than this.monarchy for instance has no basis in the islamic religion.the Quran speaks against monarchs.how can dictatorships backed by the west and imposed on their people be considered islamic? was mubarak,a dictator and western ally,thrown out by his people majority of whom are muslims also an "islamic dictator"? not only that,egyptians after mubarak voted for islamist parties in democratic elections.

in concluding her article,she made very offensive and generalized statements in a sarcastic way linking an islamist identity to crimes that any criminal can commit.yet again,she wants to pass those as religious beliefs or part of the culture of others.how shameful and shameless can anyone decend to more than this?!!!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:22am On May 03, 2012
"frosel" why are you dishonest? why do you try to blackmail others and when you lose your case,you delete your thread to hide evidence you created against yourself?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by vedaxcool(m): 8:04pm On May 03, 2012
LagosShia: "frosel" why are you dishonest? why do you try to blackmail others and when you lose your case,you delete your thread to hide evidence you created against yourself?

And tomorrow he will be shouting hallelujah in church all this why sinning on NL and hiding in his closet so that mrs. Fraudbel sorry forsel sorry frogleg sorry . . . Whatever will not cease the laptop from him, frosbel change your ways or are u just enjoying the license to sin the devil tricked u christians in believing?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:14pm On May 03, 2012
vedaxcool:

And tomorrow he will be shouting hallelujah in church all this why sinning on NL and hiding in his closet so that mrs. Fraudbel sorry forsel sorry frogleg sorry . . . Whatever will not cease the laptop from him, frosbel change your ways or are u just enjoying the license to sin the devil tricked u christians in believing?

i was really shocked to see his thread had disappeared.he was the one complaining and seeking allies against the Islam section and particularly Maclatunji.when he saw the poll he set up was not in his favor and the thread he posted refuted,he deleted everything grin

christians na wa o!!!

na who dey hide?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by maclatunji: 6:43am On May 04, 2012
LOL. For every Frosbel, there must be a Lagosshia...
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 12:39pm On May 04, 2012
maclatunji: LOL. For every Frosbel, there must be a Lagosshia...

LOL grin

well,there is actually a popular saying:

"FOR EVERY YAZID,THERE IS A HUSSAIN" AND "FOR EVERY PHAROAH,THERE IS A MUSA". wink
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by lekkie073(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2012
the islamic section of nairaland....i suggest they change the name to bokoland.......just suggesting though!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by vedaxcool(m): 7:37am On May 06, 2012
^
And. He thinks he made sense! n't knowing bokoland would mean bookland! Lol grin and indeed in their heart is a disease

1 Like

Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 1:21am On May 07, 2012
^^^^
LOL

nice one!!! grin grin grin
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 4:33pm On May 10, 2012
it seems some of you have been contained here which is good.
i was against islamic section at first but maybe seun did the right thing putting you lot in quarantine here instead of allowing you to spread your diseased religion all over the place.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 5:30pm On May 10, 2012
Logic Mind: it seems some of you have been contained here which is good.
i was against islamic section at first but maybe seun did the right thing putting you lot in quarantine here instead of allowing you to spread your diseased religion all over the place.

so what brought you here? looks like some people cannot stay away from "disease". cheesy
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 5:52pm On May 10, 2012
LagosShia:

so what brought you here? looks like some people cannot stay away from "disease". cheesy

unlike you, i am immune to islamic contamination.
unlike you, i go where i want
unlike you, i am free
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by vedaxcool(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2012
LagosShia:

Lol lol lol grin gringrin gringrin gringrin ;grin gringrin gringrin grin lagosshia why? Why? Haba! You should treat people with "special" needs kindly! Lol grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Guidelines While Doing Al-istikhaarah / Spending On Charity. / Talk About Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.