Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,859 members, 7,942,151 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence (56940 Views)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Pictures Of Lagos Before Independence / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 04, 2012
solomon111: This is the reason why the whole of SW excluding lagos will remain a pig-sty when compared to the SE and SS.
Let the whole yoruba race keep on claiming lagos and dont develop your poverty ridden lands,and wake up in the future biting your fingers in regret.

You slowpoke.s have started again. How many Yorubas have you seen claiming Lagos? Why would anyone claim what is not taken away from him? The only people covetting Lagos are ibos, for whatever reasons I don't understand.
And why do you need to constantly compare the SW with iboland? This must be an extreme case of inferiority complex.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by bobosydney: 3:57pm On May 04, 2012
solomon111: This is the reason why the whole of SW excluding lagos will remain a pig-sty when compared to the SE and SS.
Let the whole yoruba race keep on claiming lagos and dont develop your poverty ridden lands,and wake up in the future biting your fingers in regret.
You just make me laugh with your unreasonable comments that you just make . By the way , Nigeria is my country ,lagos is my state and home , wether you like or not or you jealous due to your inferiority . You can't compare Southwest with impoverished SE and SS in terms of amenities and economy . Your region still backward with all the resources the you shouting that you get with millions of you live in slum and poverty . Many of your leaders always stealing the public money and send it to UK, like your brother Ibori and so on . i did't say people are not corrupt in SW but SE and SS leaders are most corrupt people in Nigeria and even you people brother ( Jonathan) couldnt even safe you from mess . Shame on you people and you need to shy your face well well . EKO ONI BAJE OOOOOOOOOO

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2012
Take your tribal and ethnic tom-buffoonery to another thread, please!! I've only been on this forum for a month, and you bigots seem to destroy every thread with your utter tosh.

We know yorubas are "dirty" - like Igbos are clean smh...

We know igbos "ritualists" - like yorubas are saints smh..

Tired of hearing the same childish madness everyday - grow up!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2012
naptu2: As recently as the 1980s you could still see signs of the Lagos my mum told me about. There were fire hydrants and post boxes in Central Lagos, although they were no longer being used.

She told me that the milkman used to deliver milk to the house every morning.

I heard about that as well from my dad. The population of Lagos back then wasn't even upto 3million. Dad used to talk about how Marina was the place to be.

Some of those brazilian houses are still in Marina. I'm from campos!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 04, 2012
Lagos b make sense o

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 4:07pm On May 04, 2012
bobosydney: You just make me laugh with your unreasonable comments that you just make . By the way , Nigeria is my country ,lagos is my state and home , wether you like or not or you jealous due to your inferiority . You can't compare Southwest with impoverished SE and SS in terms of amenities and economy . Your region still backward with all the resources the you shouting that you get with millions of you live in slum and poverty . Many of your leaders always stealing the public money and send it to UK, like your brother Ibori and so on . i did't say people are not corrupt in SW but SE and SS leaders are most corrupt people in Nigeria and even you people brother ( Jonathan) couldnt even safe you from mess . Shame on you people and you need to shy your face well well . EKO ONI BAJE OOOOOOOOOO

Bro, please let's not turn this into another ethnic fight.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by newacca: 4:08pm On May 04, 2012
wow! My Lagos. o boy! see Island and Yaba, my favourite areas of Lasgidi. Me love this.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by somegirl1: 4:09pm On May 04, 2012
can't help but notice how relatively clean the city was

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by amosy007: 4:10pm On May 04, 2012
Aigbofa:

You slowpoke.s have started again. How many Yorubas have you seen claiming Lagos? Why would anyone claim what is not taken away from him? The only people covetting Lagos are ibos, for whatever reasons I don't understand.
And why do you need to constantly compare the SW with iboland? This must be an extreme case of inferiority complex.

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 4:10pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi: Take your tribal and ethnic tom-buffoonery to another thread, please!! I've only been on this forum for a month, and you bigots seem to destroy every thread with your utter tosh.

We know yorubas are "dirty" - like Igbos are clean smh...

We know igbos "ritualists" - like yorubas are saints smh..

Tired of hearing the same childish madness everyday - grow up!

That's what I was afraid of, the ethnic and nationalist jingoists will turn up to ruin the thread the way they ruined the last Lagos thread. Might be best to ignore them and continue posting wonderful pics of Lagos (I'll try and get some pics from the other thread and NNP 1960-1980).

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 4:14pm On May 04, 2012
naptu2:
That's what I was afraid of, the ethnic and nationalist jingoists will turn up to ruin the thread the way they ruined the last Lagos thread. Might be best to ignore them and continue posting wonderful pics of Lagos (I'll try and get some pics from the other thread and NNP 1960-1980).

I'm trying to get more from the nigerian-nostalgia-project.

Thanks, mate.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2012
Aigbofa:

I used to think that you are a very matured and inteligent person even though there is always elements of HATE and TRIBALISM in most of your post but now you have proved beyong reasonable doubts that yes you are an unrepentant biased person and a hateful tribalist. This thread was started by a very neutral yoruba guy and the very first person to deviate from the innocent topic and started bashing the Igbos was a yoruba but you ignore that and choosed to attack the person who was hitting back!!

Let me ask you something; Do you even have a freaking consience ?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by PhysicsQED(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2012
Don't let Rossike see this thread. grin
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by bobosydney: 4:22pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Bro, please let's not turn this into another ethnic fight.
I'm not fighting with him but is him that first started and think he can sit infront on computer and typing insult or history that he don't about lagos and southwest .
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 4:23pm On May 04, 2012
Balogun Street, Lagos Island (you can see the tram tracks laid on the street).

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 04, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I used to think that you are a very matured and inteligent person even though there is always elements of HATE and TRIBALISM in most of your post but now you have proved beyong reasonable doubts that yes you are an unrepentant biased person and a hateful tribalist. This thread was started by a very neutral yoruba guy and the very first person to deviate from the innocent topic and started bashing the Igbos was a yoruba but you ignore that and choosed to attack the person who was hitting back!!

Let me ask you something; Do you even have a freaking consience ?

You have the nerve to call me hateful after all the vitriol you've spewed out against Yorubas on this website? I guess am supposed to apologise to you and other die hard ibo tribalists on Nairaland.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Chanchit: 4:30pm On May 04, 2012
grin.... Vintage lagos
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Koolking(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Thanks, bruv.

U r welcome. Nice topic you got here dude. Quite enlightening.

Cheers
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by CY09: 4:43pm On May 04, 2012
ola_pupo01: apparently d Igbos are part of d people that made lagos what it is 2dae...maybe u nid 2 get ur facts rite b4 lashing out at them

Ola, thanks for your comment. I wonder why tribalism flows in the veins of some people.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 4:47pm On May 04, 2012
PhysicsQED: Don't let Rossike see this thread. grin

But you know Rossike is very correct with his point that Lagosians are actually better off today than back then, right?

It's just that a lot of people can't see that.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by PhysicsQED(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2012
But you know Rossike is very correct with his point that Lagosians are actually better off today than back then, right?

It's just that a lot of people can't see that.

Yeah I know. That's what I meant actually, although I see now that what I wrote was a bit ambiguous. I mean when he sees this thread he'll descend on it and destroy people's delusions. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"Throwback Photo Of Buhari Admiring Abacha After The June 12 Event"- Reno Omokri / Rotimi Amaechi’s House ‘Invaded’ By Police (Video) / Yahaya Lawal, Buhari’s Aide Prevented From Entering UN General Assembly. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.