Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:58 PM

Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (42230 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by pdpiperpippen: 10:24pm On May 04, 2012
You see wot GEJ's bad government has caused cry cry cry a hero like yekini languishing while GEJ and his cronies are busy stealing 1.6 thrillion naira cry cry
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by achi4u(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2012
what loose?
@nri_priest,so he died a poor player?

plz what killed him?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by mcdannib(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2012
Rashidi Yekini...u are forever a super star..The Goverment realy abandoned u..may God forgive Them..RIP..great RESPECT to U..
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by iykay4455(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2012
The best striker Nigeria has ever had.R.I.P
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by LailaIkeji1: 10:25pm On May 04, 2012
Wooooow!!! its confirmed!!!!

In tearssssssss, ohhhh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by EmmyBoy2(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2012
Well STV just confirmed this sad news.
May his soul rest in peace.
He was Nigeria's most lethal striker till date.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 10:27pm On May 04, 2012
Hope not
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by hazvat(f): 10:28pm On May 04, 2012
INNA LILAHI WAHINA ILEHI RAJEEHUN. May His soul rest in perfect peace ameen
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by vanstanzy(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2012
I refuse to beleive until am directed to a link where i'll read it.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by highland(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2012
For Yekini to die without help for is mental state raises alots of questions about the Nigerian Sport administration. Aleast, someone who know about is mental condition should have come forward to let the Nigerian people know is condition and what is needed to help him, but is too late. RI
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by tashanja1: 10:31pm On May 04, 2012
RIP, you shall be truly missed embarassed
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by temmytanny(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2012
scopusng: FLASH: Nigerian soccer legend Rashidi Yekini is reported dead in city of Ibadan.

Na true? All over twitter
yes its been comfirmed by collin udoh of NFA
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by abiolag(m): 10:32pm On May 04, 2012
May his soul rest in Al-janat.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by alex406(m): 10:34pm On May 04, 2012
What a painful exit,rest in peace bro.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Ganys: 10:34pm On May 04, 2012
subhanallah...inalilahi, wa ina ilaehi Rojihun....'From He we come, and from He we shall return...
Pls, everyone should recite Suratul Iklas for him, Prayer is the only thing he needs now....
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 04, 2012
NRI PRIEST: This guy died in porverty. He had major problems with the usa '94 super eagles and the abandoned him. He was the poorest of that group because of the beef !
Very true. Very true. I remember what happened on the field when he scored that first goal.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by snellsun(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2012
Dis is a great lost, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by olaayo105(m): 10:37pm On May 04, 2012
so sad to hear.........may his soul rest in peace
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 04, 2012
publisher:
That's a dirty lie,Yekini was never living in poverty ,but there were reports that he had mental health issues.

So many sad things have been heard about Rasheed Yekini in recent times,ranging from alleged mental stress to spiritual attack. But Rasheed Yekini,the once beautiful bride of the Super Eagles is now dead!!.

Contrary to report making the round that he is homeless, he actually has a four bedroom flat on Ring Road,beside the famous Oni & Sons complex in the ancient town where he stays.

Though,he was said to have gone broke for years,the death of his confidant,one Ibraheem,a very wealthy bureau de change operator in Sabo area of Ibadan turned things for the worse for him.

The ex soccer star was reported to be leaning on Ibraheem for his financial needs,before the guy(Ibrahim) was hacked down by notorious armed bandits,who raided his shop and shot him dead.

The incident, it was further gathered, nearly turned him into destitute, as he had to cope with loneliness.

However, sources close to him informed us that his family who had initially abandoned him to his fate had come to his rescue.

He was trying to venture into a new business after unsuccessful attempts in the past.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by yokiti: 10:43pm On May 04, 2012
May your soul find eternal rest Rashidi Yekini.
Restitution of our sins of negligence is needed before our country Nigeria move towards attainment of development.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by awesomet1(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2012
90s Radio football commentary: Player A Passes the ball to player B and player B provides a cross into the 18yard box. And it's em, it's emmm...AND IT IS A GOOOAAALLLL!!!!!...One goal to NIGERIA....RASHIDI YEKINIIII!!!...MAY HIS HEROIC SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE, AMEN.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by mikron(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2012
W-H-A-T! rashidi dead? what a loss. im so so sad. we lost a legend
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Chubhie: 10:45pm On May 04, 2012
RIP Yekini!!! Why giving up when help was on itz way?? Was informed that da mathmatician was working out something big for my best naija striker!! You played your hearts out for da green jersey!!! We as a nation needs to change our mentality towards our heros past.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by mikron(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2012
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by neoress: 10:46pm On May 04, 2012
publisher:
That's a dirty lie,Yekini was never living in poverty ,but there were reports that he had mental health issues.

Neither is true, he was never mad.Rumour Mongers.

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by AlabaSlim: 10:47pm On May 04, 2012
A kontry were a HERO IS NUT APPRECIATED
itz a PITI
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Iszy(m): 10:48pm On May 04, 2012
Its tru Ooº°˚ jst saw it on NTA's scroll bar nd came here †̥ confirm it....R.I.P Yekini

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by iskonne(m): 10:48pm On May 04, 2012
Rest In Peace Rashidi Yekini
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by pyx: 10:50pm On May 04, 2012
You sure had your time as a hero. I remember you as Africa's most lethal striker. I also remember you as that quiet,shy guy whose face showed personal struggles. I remember you sitting with Mallams at Adamasingba on Fridays, waiting to pray. I remember you frowning when buying fuel for your generator at AP Dugbe! You served Nigeria and made us proud. God bless you and give you eternal rest, Rashid Yekini.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by cutietreasure: 10:52pm On May 04, 2012
scopusng: FLASH: Nigerian soccer legend Rashidi Yekini is reported dead in city of Ibadan.

Na true? All over twitter
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by gegee(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2012
Chai this is very very sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga / Tobi Bakre Goes On Skydiving, Says ''Don't Try This In Lagos'' / Van Diyk Loses His First Premier League Game At Anfield After 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.