Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,059 members, 7,939,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 09:34 PM

How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? (2130 Views)

Going To NYSC From Abroad / Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States / How Do I Apply For My Nysc From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by smile007: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hello, does anyone knows how to apply for NYSC from abroad. And the process it take to apply. thanx
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by Vicjustice: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2007
smile007:

Hello, does anyone knows how to apply for NYSC from abroad. And the process it take to apply. thanx

I personally don't know anyone who had applied for the NYSC from abroad, but what is preventing you from doing the usual thing the usual way?
  Things are easier when done orderly, no one chases a snake with bare hands, you can not eat your cake and still keep it; and pursuing two rabbits at a time requires better strategies. Think about these
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by madeojo: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2007
What can you guys say to this?

This is what the entry officer wrote

The cost of your ttution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor, namely your father, and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the Uk will be financed including your sponsor's bank statement and a letter from your sponsor offering financial assistance. However, these documents largely stand in isolation as evidence of your sponsors' financial circumstances and commitments. in the adbsence of any other evidence of your sponsor's business, income or the origin of these funds, i m not statisfied that the evidence presented is a true reflection of your sponsor's financial circumstances or that these funds would be available.

The cost of your tution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor. funding your education will impose an additional financial burden upon him and i m not satisfied that this increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds will actualy be available to you in the Uk. therefore i m not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accomodate yourself without resource to employment or public funds.

The educational establishment in the Uk has stated that the cost of your tution fees for one year is £1500. british council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,00 covering nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices. This brings the total cost of your studies in the UK for one academic year to £9000. whilst i note that a deposit has been paid your financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the remaining cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there. I note from your sponsor's bank statement that the closing balance of his account as of 27th August was N219864 (£879; £1=N250). Futhermore, i do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the Uk. you have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.

The onus is on you to demonstrate that you have the ability to follow the course. You have submitted result slip issued in 1999 by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) as evidence of your past academic achievements. WAEC have stated to this office that the transcripts or notification of result slips submitted in support of your applications should not be accepted as evidence of results, a certificate must be provided in support. i note that you have not submitted a WAEC certificate with your application and therefore i cannot be satisfied that your academic history is as claimed. Therefore i cannot be satisfied that you intend and are able to follow a weekday full time course invloving attendance at a single institution for a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime study per week of a single subject, or directly or directly related subjects as required by para 57 (ii)b.

In an overall assessment of the credibilty of the application, i m not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your economic circumstances or that there are advantages you might derive from this course of study. i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to follow the course.

I therefore refuse your application.

These are my comments.

1. I submitted a CSCS statement worth about 17million which was not considered and at that the time that i filed in my application some of the stocks were on the floor of stock exchange for sale and now some of it has been sold.
2. I have collected my WAEC certificate.
3. His is a Lecturer, and there is this loan which they normally give to them every 2 years by intercontinental( A million).

Now i want to reapply by Monday cos the resumption date is 7th January (KCMT)Kingsbrigde College of Management and Technology that is the name of the school. How can i go about the application so that they wont say there has been large deposit of funds in the recent even when my application was with them when some of the shares has been sold and thank God we have the Sold contract documents for the shares sold. Presently he has (1.7m) in his account now hope i am good to submitt and please tell me how to go about the application.

Very Urgent.
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by smile007: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2007
[tr][color=#006600]I personally don't know anyone who had applied for the NYSC from abroad, but what is preventing you from doing the usual thing the usual way?
Things are easier when done orderly, no one chases a snake with bare hands, you can not eat your cake and still keep it; and pursuing two rabbits at a time requires better strategies. Think about these
[/tr][/color]

what is the usual way ?
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by DisGuy: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2007
yea what is the usual way, there are no fixed dates, where do you register and what is the starting date for nysc

you might end up going at the wrong time undecided

anyone know the NYSC website?
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by guseman(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2007
guy,
the website is www.nysc.gov.ng
but i dont know what is wrong with the site lately. I guess the next batch should be febuary 2008.
If u graduated from a Nigerian School, i guess the required time from when your school sent your result to NYSC and the next posting should be at least 3months.
Hope you get that or mail them for clarification, then let us know aw far?
Take care
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by DisGuy: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2007
thanx guseman, i tried the same website about 3months ago same result
do they reply the school or the individual after seeing the result?
do you have their address?
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by DisGuy: 6:09am On Dec 03, 2007
bump
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by guseman(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2007
try to contact the NYSC head office.
the site i gave above is working now. Try to check the site now.
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by DisGuy: 3:44am On Dec 12, 2007
thanks guseman, na you dey hold dat site before? grin
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by guseman(m): 5:11am On Dec 12, 2007
Dis Guy,
no be me o, infact as the site no dey go, im spoil one of my paros-My workingholidaymaker visa was refused because i can't print info about NYSC, was suprised it works this night too.
I will be mobilized for NYSC by March too, guess you are a prospective Corp grin member Too?
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by awonboiz: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ds guy

se u wabn serve tru or na d certificate u jus nid? grin

cos i fit link u wt dat 1 wink
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by DisGuy: 12:35am On Dec 13, 2007
I just need the certificate osha mo, i can do with the summer holiday too with a bit of physical training
that's if i survive
for 70k I heard i can substitute n collect certificate later

option F cool
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by babakura(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hello,
I don't know if u can do that from abroad , except u ve very strong links , I had to come to naija to submit the docs required

the requirements are as follows
-ur SSCE or high school certificate n transcripts whereever

-ur degree certificate n transcripts or all diploma leading to the degree,

- ur passport showing that u where in the country u graduated from the period ur degree started to when it ended

Those are basic requirements I used for mine n I also hope ur school is not just any school (i.e affilates )
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by Ezinwannem: 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
@babakura, thank you for this useful information. It means alot to me because I am planning on applying in 09 once am done with school. I have some few questions for you if you don't mind me asking

Can I get all the documents ready and give it to someone in Nigeria to submit for me or do I have submit it by myself?
In regards to High school transcripts and university, do they need the original of the degree certificate and da transcripts as well?

Thank you
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by babakura(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2007
Guy u have come down to naija urself ,

Concerning certificates n transcripts , they have to sight it and file the photocopies in case of any [b]TORONTO [/b]saga, even u passport data page n ur departure n arrival dates must correspond to the years u said u used out there ,
All d best man , feel free to ask questions man,
Season's Greetings mate
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by Ezinwannem: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2007
@babakura , lol@Toronto saga, lol, well regarding da passport, wat happens if u were not international student but citizen and did all da skooling here 4rom pri-uni, , do i still need 2 photocopy ma passport cuz i have no nigerian passport dat says wen i left etccccccc
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by smile007: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2007
Hey, thanx for ur info. It help alot.
Re: How To Apply For Nysc From Abroad ? by mystikal(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2008
what happens like in my case i'm doing a masters prog here in the UK, having already completed my undergrad studies in nigeria, what docs do i need 2 present to NYSC? Thanks a zil

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Suspends Pcm's Account / Prospective Batch B 2013 Corpers Big House / Electricity In NYSC Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.