Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,464 members, 7,888,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:53 AM

NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees (25281 Views)

Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido / Alleged N1.35BN Fraud: Court Sends Ex-gov. Sule Lamido, Sons To Prison / FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Reference(m): 8:45am On May 06, 2012
eGuerrilla:

http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-spends-n1-35bn-annually-on-36-employees/

Nothing new here. When calls were made for the deregulation and liberalisation of the oil sector we protested and insisted government take charge. Every where in the world people battle big government because they know the heavy indirect losses except here in Nigeria where we choose to pretend.

I've said it times over, privatisation is the key. Nitel was once as corrupt as NNPC and inept as PHCN. Today who cares. Crude oil is just another commodity, petrol is just another product. Not some hallowed, celestial, mythological entity that defies comprehension or as the corrupt want us to believe.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Reference(m): 9:12am On May 06, 2012
all4naija: I thought NNPC claimed there was no foul play in its dealings! Scrap NNPC, Scrap it!!!

Who cares about how much senior executives earn in Zenith bank, Globacom or even SPDC for that matter. No one, because we know for them to stay in business they have to remain competitive and this includes their overheads. NNPC is not a business entity. The petroleum sector is not a market place but a scam that Nigerians are gullibly buying into, selling their collective heritage for a morsel of cheap petrol.

Folks, there is nothing special about petroleum products or stable electricity. Government should hands off now and send these rent seekers and emergency contractors to bed.

All the economic growth Nigeria has recorded since 1999 has been via economic liberalisation. All the losses we have endured has been through government intervention. Name them. Banking and finance, telecoms, ports, etc. Nigerians think. What sectors were the fastest growing and largest employers. Think. All what government is about is massive wealth to privileged few.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by tuniski: 9:22am On May 06, 2012
Up naija!! A very twisted country where abnormality is d rule. How come 18k minimum wage is difficult to pay by these usurpers in government? How i wish Boko Haram are not misguided they would have been the crystal for a new nigeria by bombing every govt official and politician they can find who owns a home without debts. That way the nigerian harmattan can begin!!! Let us rise up and stop this show of appetite for looting.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by hyman288: 9:28am On May 06, 2012
A country all of us all belong,a few individual cud hold majority of us to ramson.wat a hopeless country
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by OK2NV3: 9:32am On May 06, 2012
Icon4s: Nothing outrageous abt d average of N37M per annum( less than $20,000/month) which am sure includes other allowances. These ar top senior & management staff. Most oil workers in d US earn abt $30,000 to $60,000/month as salaries excluding certain allowances. Nigerian oil workers ar abt d least paid world-wide.
You want to equate a country like the U.S. with the poverty state of Nigeria?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2012
Icon4s: Nothing outrageous abt d average of N37M per annum( less than $20,000/month) which am sure includes other allowances. These ar top senior & management staff. Most oil workers in d US earn abt $30,000 to $60,000/month as salaries excluding certain allowances. Nigerian oil workers ar abt d least paid world-wide.

You are a cretin!

Some of you are to stewpid and yet think you are entitled to an opinion.

Since when did you start comparing developed country private sector employee pay to developing country public servant pay?

Since when did the cost of resources/living in a developed country is on par with that of a developing country to justifying paying staff the same?

Thirdly, where did you get your dumb stats of average earnings in the US oil sector from?

FOOOOOOOL! Bloody cretin!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 9:53am On May 06, 2012
37 million per annum is very okay! IF and only IF they are management position.

Whay are we even shouting about this? All things being equal, that's not bad as NNPC actually does a shitload of work regulating the oil sector...

How much is the salary of a Senator and Rep in Nigeria? How much are their total annual allowances as well?!

Look at the people complaining about another persons salary...

What a nation!!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 06, 2012
Alusi Okija: 37 million per annum is very okay! IF and only IF they are management position.

Whay are we even shouting about this? All things being equal, that's not bad as NNPC actually does a shitload of work regulating the oil sector...

How much is the salary of a Senator and Rep in Nigeria? How much are their total annual allowances as well?!

Look at the people complaining about another persons salary...

What a nation!!

I can only assume your fingers slipped or you were half asleep when you posted this drivel
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 06, 2012
naijababe:

I can only assume your fingers slipped or you were half asleep when you posted this drivel

No, his fingers did not slip. Just because an average of 37m Naira annual income for each of these individuals seems large to you, it does not necessarily mean the individuals did not earn it. Dieazani Allison-Madueke would have been earning a similar salary as a director in SPDC.

Give to Caesar what is due him. Unless these employees are clearly shown to be undeserving of such salary, then we will all complain. For now it just sounds like the Senators and you guys are ''hating'' and rallying for cheap support.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 06, 2012
Stromae:

No, his fingers did not slip. Just because an average of 37m Naira annual income for each of these individuals seems large to you, it does not necessarily mean the individuals did not earn it. Dieazani Allison-Madueke would have been earning a similar salary as a director in SPDC.

Give to Caesar what is due him. Unless these employees are clearly shown to be undeserving of such salary, then we will all complain. For now it just sounds like the Senators and you guys are ''hating'' and rallying for cheap support.

I think you are a tad confused dude! Did someone point a gun to Diezani's head to leave her private sector salary for a public sector one and since when did public & private salaries become commensurate ? Senators, Reps, NNPC = all looters!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2012
naijababe:
I think you are a tad confused dude! Did someone point a gun to Diezani's head to leave her private sector salary for a public sector one and since when did private & private salaries become commensurate ? Senators, Reps, NNPC = all looters!

Thank you!

I don't know how ignorantly daft people can get to start stipulating public pay must be on par with private pay.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 06, 2012
Sagamu, where been hiding ? U no try with that your signature sha cry I liked the pastor and jet one better wink
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 06, 2012
naijababe:

I think you are a tad confused dude! Did someone point a gun to Diezani's head to leave her private sector salary for a public sector one and since when did public & private salaries become commensurate ? Senators, Reps, NNPC = all looters!

First of all, nobody pointed a gun at Dieazani's head, she was the first female nigerian director of SPDC before she ventured into the public sector. You guys can say all you want about the difference between pays in public and private sectors, but when it comes to the oil and gas business, you dare not make the mistake of thinking its just like any other public service. For an analogy, consider a highly experienced neurosurgeon on govt payroll, do you think for one second that unless he/she is a saint like Mother Mary that he would accept a pay that is not on par with his mates in the private sector? Or are you saying that as a public servant, he should kill himself for free?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On May 06, 2012
naijababe: Sagamu, where been hiding ? U no try with that your signature sha cry I liked the pastor and jet one better wink

I had some personal problems that meant I had to run away for a while ni. Some wicked people want to harass me for no reason at all: https://www.nairaland.com/870887/how-do-career-women-cope/17#10731764

As per signature, I am disappointed with property cost in those places in Nigeria that relatively to what is obtainable in US or UK such environs are ghettos. grin

If you see the kind of suberb property in lovely communities and close to nice venues I can get for $180K in Florida and then compare it to the pile of just decent (poorly finished) but yet top of the range in Naija in VI that goes for about $1m, you will understand my signature.

It is like Stanstead Airport being up for sale for £150m and then someone tells me to come and buy Muritala Muhammed for £1bn. And lets say Heathrow will cost me the same £1bn. Stanstead is miles better than MM, talkless of Heathrow and Gatwick. That is what I note about Naija.

Property in Nigeria, especially in the upmarket areas, are substandard and overpriced. grin
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 4:05pm On May 06, 2012
naijababe:

I'm sorry you consider my post to be drivel but the truth is I work in the oil industry and know and understand what the function of NNPC and its many subsidiaries are. Now I didn't say that NNPC was an efficient company nor that they were donig great, but their functions can never be understated.

37million per annum isn't too much. Infact, its just about right for a manager. You may not appreciate it cos maybe u aint used to it... But I am just on the very bottom and my annual without bonuses and allowances before tax is approximately 12million. So I hope u understand where I an coming from.

Once more, those senators abi reps take over 20million per quarter so who are they to point fingers.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 4:23pm On May 06, 2012
Alusi Okija:
I'm sorry you consider my post to be drivel but the truth is I work in the oil industry and know and understand what the function of NNPC and its many subsidiaries are. Now I didn't say that NNPC was an efficient company nor that they were donig great, but their functions can never be understated.

37million per annum isn't too much. Infact, its just about right for a manager. You may not appreciate it cos maybe u aint used to it... But I am just on the very bottom and my annual without bonuses and allowances before tax is approximately 12million. So I hope u understand where I an coming from.

Once more, those senators abi reps take over 20million per quarter so who are they to point fingers.

That is still clunking rubbish!

You are in the private sector. If your employers like they can pay you N50bn every week for all we care, that is their palava.

So because Senators make 20m (which is condemned by the way), that justifies these guys being paid N37m? So why not because of the Senators, we should pay the average Public sector worker N8m a year and let the country go broke? At least that is what their pairs in the US/UK are earning. Surely it can't be too much? Don't they have the same function or even more considering the size and challenges of Nigeria?

Some of you have limited logical reasoning when debating.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 06, 2012
Alusi Okija:

37million per annum isn't too much
. Infact, its just about right for a manager. You may not appreciate it cos maybe u aint used to it... But I am just on the very bottom and my annual without bonuses and allowances before tax is approximately 12million. So I hope u understand where I an coming from.

More drivel, can you seriously point at a singular thing that is better because of NNPC'c regulation? And no one is defending the legislooters and senators, they are one and the same with the NNPC thieves.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 06, 2012
Sagamite:

That is still clunking rubbish!

You are in the private sector. If your employers like they can pay you N50bn every week for all we care, that is their palava.

So because Senators make 20m (which is condemned by the way), that justifies these guys being paid N37m? So why not because of the Senators, we should pay the average Public sector worker N8m a year and let the country go broke? At least that is what their pairs in the US/UK are earning. Surely it can't be too much? Don't they have the same function or even more considering the size and challenges of Nigeria?

Some of you have limited logical reasoning when debating.

The head of DECC not some random director earned 140k last year! Do you people even understand the fundamentals of public sector work?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 06, 2012
Sagamite:

I had some personal problems that meant I had to run away for a while ni. Some wicked people want to harass me for no reason at all: https://www.nairaland.com/870887/how-do-career-women-cope/17#10731764

As per signature, I am disappointed with property cost in those places in Nigeria that relatively to what is obtainable in US or UK such environs are ghettos. grin

If you see the kind of suberb property in lovely communities and close to nice venues I can get for $180K in Florida and then compare it to the pile of just decent (poorly finished) but yet top of the range in Naija in VI that goes for about $1m, you will understand my signature.

It is like Stanstead Airport being up for sale for £150m and then someone tells me to come and buy Muritala Muhammed for £1bn. And lets say Heathrow will cost me the same £1bn. Stanstead is miles better than MM, talkless of Heathrow and Gatwick. That is what I note about Naija.

Property in Nigeria, especially in the upmarket areas, are substandard and overpriced. grin

Omo na so e be, at least the prices have cooled somewhat unlike the madness of 2006/07 prices
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Btzzk: 5:05pm On May 06, 2012
Its people like you that are ruin the image of this country, you guys will be fabricating what you don’t know, I am working in oil industry here in US, and I don’t know who you are refereeing to that is making 30-60 dollars a month. Maybe you don’t know what 60k dollars mean here in US. If you see it in the news that CEO of Oil Company make so so amount of money, what you asked yourself is how many CEO did that company have? If someone do something bad let join hand together and condemn those people not encourage them again.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2012
naijababe:

Omo na so e be, at least the prices have cooled somewhat unlike the madness of 2006/07 prices

I have always adviced people not to waste their money buying there. It simply irritates me.

Anytime I go there, I get disgusted at the general lack of giving the best by Nigerians. Even majority of these expensive houses have serious "finishing/finesse" problems. There is always a shabby touch in one aspect of virtually every work in Nigeria.

Once the government can improve road and rail infrastructure, I expect much of these uselessly overpriced properties to fall.

Btzzk:
Its people like you that are ruin the image of this country, you guys will be fabricating what you don’t know, I am working in oil industry here in US, and I don’t know who you are refereeing to that is making 30-60 dollars a month. Maybe you don’t know what 60k dollars mean here in US. If you see it in the news that CEO of Oil Company make so so amount of money, what you asked yourself is how many CEO did that company have? If someone do something bad let join hand together and condemn those people not encourage them again.

He is just a bloody fooool!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by aishaforlife: 6:06pm On May 06, 2012
hi pls i need to ask you guys.in benin city edo state.what is rhat ceremoni tha a woman put on a white clothe around her body and put on on a whyte powder on her face?plssssssssssssome body should explan me!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by logica(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2012
Alusi Okija:
But I am just on the very bottom and my annual without bonuses and allowances before tax is approximately 12million.
Dude, I don't think you want to rest with this piece of info you put up here (assuming it's real). All the hoes and kidnappers are now on stalk mode.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by tpia5: 7:40pm On May 06, 2012
N37M per annum( less than $20,000/month) which am sure includes other allowances

$20,000 per month?

holy moly.

These are top senior & management staff. Most oil workers in d US earn abt $30,000 to $60,000/month as salaries excluding certain allowances

that doesnt sound correct, imo. Are you sure "most" is an accurate description.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by crocodile: 8:17pm On May 06, 2012
Nigerians make me laugh! Do you guys know that most top level experts in the oil industry are employable and will probably earn more working in a foreign oil company? The senators and reps who are supposed to be serving us but are carting away most of our wealth, are they employable anywhere? Pls don't compare oranges with apples
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 8:37pm On May 06, 2012
crocodile: Nigerians make me laugh! Do you guys know that most top level experts in the oil industry are employable and will probably earn more working in a foreign oil company? The senators and reps who are supposed to be serving us but are carting away most of our wealth, are they employable anywhere? Pls don't compare oranges with apples

You honestly think majority of legislooters are less employable than NNPC employees?

They were selling akara before becoming legislooters?

Think before you talk.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AndroBlaze: 11:16pm On May 06, 2012
Icon4s: Nothing outrageous abt d average of N37M per annum( less than $20,000/month) which am sure includes other allowances. These ar top senior & management staff[b] Most oil workers in d US earn abt $30,000 to $60,000/month as salaries[/b] excluding certain allowances. Nigerian oil workers ar abt d least paid world-wide.

May God judge you appropriately for your needless lies.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AndroBlaze: 11:30pm On May 06, 2012
Salaries of North Sea oil
workers twice UK average
caption

Published on 1 February 2012
Mark Williamson

THE average worker in the
North Sea oil and gas industry
earned a salary of around
£56,000 last year, about twice
the going rate that applied to
people in other businesses in
the UK.
The results of a survey of oil and
gas professionals by Hays and Oil
and Gas Job Search underline the
appeal of a career in the industry
at a time when many people in
the UK are struggling to maintain
their living standards.
The recruitment operations found
that local oil and gas workers in
the UK earned an average of
$87,100 in 2011, around £55,850
at current exchange rates.

By contrast, official figures show
that the average salary across the
UK was £26,244.
The results point to a glaring
difference between the earning
power of people in oil and gas and
those employed in other
industries.
With investment in the North Sea
set to remain strong this year, this
trend is likely to continue.
The headline numbers may
understate the gap in earning
power between the two groups.
Oil and gas workers received
benefits ranging from bonuses to
meal allowances that were worth
an additional 16% of their annual
salaries.
There were wide variations in the
pay rates attaching to different
jobs across the global industry.
Annual salaries ranged from
around $28,000 for a graduate
electrician[b] to $260,000 for a
director in production
management.[/b]
Directors working on a contract
basis in the North Sea earned
around $1,400 a day.
Salaries in the UK North Sea were
around 8% higher than the global
average of $80,458.

The survey results will likely stoke
increased interest in careers in
the oil and gas amid challenging
labour market conditions.
www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/business/markets-economy/salaries-of-north-sea-oil-workers-twice-uk-average-caption.16622862?_=4d105f40bb98ee35353b3407b0f41e6f8081c0e8
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 8:46am On May 07, 2012
^ Thank you for link and post smiley By their lies we shall know them lipsrsealed
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 9:11am On May 07, 2012
I dont think its too much at all!! Especially for Management.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

For the lady who asked about the function of the NNPC, I suggest you grab a book on the subject as their functions too plenty and I am not being paid to school you.

For those shouting that its too high, I suggest we strat by attacking the Senators who take up a significant percentage from the Yearly budget of the nation as testified to by Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. NNPC as a coporation has more workers who do real work in their employ compared to these senators. Cut the salaries of the public sector all you want, but dont expect professionals to come work for peanuts when they could make a killing in the private sector. And then when you pay them peanuts, how do you expect them not to collect bribes when the average guy in the private sector makes more than they do with even better benefits.

I suggest that we put sentiments aside, In Nigeria today, 30 million is about right as the yearly income of a certain level in the public sector if we want them to have pride in their work.

Start with the Senators and Reps!! Thats just my qualms. . . They (reps & Senators) cant be shouting about another mans salary when they make morethan 3 times that in a year.

Nigerian Senators Salary without benefits and sitting allowance:
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 Printer Friendly Version
What senators, other lawmakers earn

By Chiawo Nwankwo

advertisement

The Revenue Mobilistion Allocation and Fiscal Commission had late in 2008, increased the monthly salaries and allowances of all public officers in line with the powers conferred on it by the Constitution.

The increase generated national debate while the development encouraged organised labour to agitate for increase in the salaries of civil servants amid the current global economic downturn.

The hike was over 100 per cent just as judicial officers also benefited from the increase

The RMAFC upward review came after the 2,000 exercise

Under the last increase, the monthly basic salary of a senator was hiked from N993,697 to N2.48m per month just as that of a member of the House of Representatives moved from monthly N794,084 to N1.98m per month

A state Assembly lawmaker's salary was increased from monthly N794,084 to N1.98m per month.

Other perks that were affected by the RMAFC upward review not to be slashed include sundry allowances such as vehicle maintenance from 30 per cent to 75 per cent, entertainment from 10 per cent to 30 per cent.

Also, utility allowance went up from 20 per cent to 30 per cent.

For legislators, wardrobe allowance 25 per cent, personal assistant allowance is 25 per cent; domestic staff allowance is 75 per cent, recess allowance 10 per cent while newspapers allowance is 15 per cent.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/11/407.html

Basic Salary - 2,484 245.50

Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary 1 242 122.70 ( I love this kind of hardship 00000)
Consistuency allowance @ 200% of BS 4 968 509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of bs 7 452 736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% 1 242 122.70 ( Which kind newpaper be this sh na online or hardcopy).
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% 621 061.37
Recess Allowance @ 10% 248 424.55
Accommodation @ 200% 4 968 509.00
utilities @ 30% 828 081.83
Domestic Staff @ 75% 1 863 184.12
Entertainment @ 30% 828 081.83
Personal Assistance @ 25% 621 061.37
Vehicle Maintainance Allowance @ 75% 1 863 184.12
Leave Allowance @10% 248 424.55

one off payments As advised by Sagamite

Severance grautity @ 300% 7 452 736.50 Once they get fired
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of Bs 9 936 982.00 - Every Four Years

Senators Salary per month - N 2 456 647.7

Total = N 29 479 749 * 109 Senators Grand Total = N 3 264 329 264.10

What a drain

also do not forget the under the table sharing and ghana must go bags -

Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by hercules07: 9:19am On May 07, 2012
@Okija

You are wrong on this, I know investment bankers who earn 2.5m per month in nigeria, should they earn the same in the public sector? That amount is obscene, those guys should not earn more than 30 percent of that, if they are not satisfied, let them go to the private sector.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 9:47am On May 07, 2012
hercules07: @Okija

You are wrong on this, I know investment bankers who earn 2.5m per month in nigeria, should they earn the same in the public sector? That amount is obscene, those guys should not earn more than 30 percent of that, if they are not satisfied, let them go to the private sector.

Obscene?!

I dont think so!!

Like you said, if investment bankers are earning up to 2.5 million per month in the private sector, how much do you think a manager in CBN should earn monthly (after tax & without benefit)?! Emphasis on upper level management.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Udom May Resign As Atiku’s PCC Chair Over Lack Of Funds / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / The Problems Of Nigerian Federalism And Proffered Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.