Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:50 PM

SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings (7484 Views)

Shell Declares "Force Majeur" On The Trans Forcados Trunkline / Boost For Gas Export As Shell Lifts Force Majeure On Supplies To NLNG / Shell Declares Force Majeure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by otokx(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2012
DaLover:
9ja deltan are unwilling to wait again ooo...
Any attempt to stop it with addressing the economic situation will end in disaster...we urgently need to involve the people in the processing of their own resources...if we set a time line of 5 years to achieve this, then we can conduct extensive trainings required to make the people participate in the running and operations of the oil industry..

ldiots and lazy f00ls who do not want the land owners to have anything to do with their own oil will always kick against this, some even go to the extent of interpreting this demand as asking for the breaking of the nation, nobody asked to break the nation when their region was earning 50% from resource control in the 50s and 60s, the myopic mugus have forgotten all of a sudden...well if that what you want...feel free to initiate it yourselves...rouges

bros lets tell ourselves the truth, our guys in the villages, what do they do with the cash they get from bunkering? is not to finish on ashy and palmy? do they use the money to build roads or health centres or schools? is not to buy more guns and terrorize the others? Do their activities not end up destroying the environment? we should look inwards and stop talking theory, the few niger deltas that control companies, is it not to buy house in Abuja, Lagos and London? Do they give anything back to the community where they come from?
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DonCarlos1(m): 5:54pm On May 07, 2012
Crude theft in the Niger Delta, refined product theft in Lagos and environs and the profit of what is left stolen in Abuja........and the circle of theft continues.....
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by solomon111(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2012
texazzpete:

That is not the sensible solution. Involving the locals will only add more avenues for theft and mismanagement.

i'm sorry but this is not an intelligent contribution. How will a country that cannot meet its own internal consumption capacity now start exporting refined crude?

Are you saying the locals should not be involved in the exploration and processing of their own resources?
What kind of parasitic reasoning is this?
Who then should be? pls tell me.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by barikay: 6:51pm On May 07, 2012
texazzpete:

There are a limited number of unskilled jobs available in any refinery...how many of these people can you employ?

Secondly, you are WRONG! The biggest reason for oil bunkering is pure, unalloyed GREED! People will always steal when they feel they can get away with it. Hiring a few people to work in a refinery will make absolutely no difference. The allure of cheap crude for sale is too much for someone to leave the oil bunkering biz and start earning 40k a month as an unskilled worker.

so because it wil employ limited pple will shud b importing refine petrol? U see wat tribalism has turn u into
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaRapture: 7:48pm On May 07, 2012
why don't these oil companies place their lines underground like they do here in the US?
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 8:05pm On May 07, 2012
DaLover:

If the land owners are producing the crude, then they would pay taxes and everybody is happy, army is wailing..lol

i care less about the boys and what they do with Army, my greatest concern is the environment, gosh!!
the creeks are a monumental mess, u can hardly breathe in the creek these days.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 8:35pm On May 07, 2012
DaRapture: why don't these oil companies place their lines underground like they do here in the US?

the NCTL pipeline is a 30", 46km pipeline spanning from Nembe to Adamakiri passing through Awoba and cawthorne channel, the reason i mentioned these places is to remind you that the said pipeline is an SPDC (east) major trunk line and yes it was neatly buried not just underground but underwater as well.

it is one of the multi million dollar projects SPDC awarded to Eni group (SAIPEM) and completed in 2010.

the company in question is qualified to give you the best in projects of that magnitude, nevertheless, oil theft aka bunkery has graduated to a height where effective policing is the only cure,
the armed forces themselves are compromised so who exactly will do the policing? civil defense?

"kpo fire" is not a hidden activity because of its characteristic thick smoke that can be seen beyond thousands of miles radius, these creeks are been patrolled by joint task force of army, police and navy.on daily basis.

imagine where the temperature of a refinery is blazing at several spots within a very short radius,how hidden can that be in the middle of the night?

recently i heard that the boys that are doing the pipeline cracking are contract staffs normally pushed out when the construction coy could not maintain them out of projects with security apparatchik comprising of ex and active militants and sea pirates.

if you see these bunkery points, you will have no doubt that these guys are real professionals, can you seriously break a life line of 60bar pressure safely without knowledge of pipeline operations?

i was happy when they started the business truth be told, the hole wo wo wo boys were no longer in the river cos they are busy making money, even the sea pirates that harass sea travelers disappeared, the military were not left out, i wish they will org anise themselves to reduce the environmental impact cos i foresee a serious epidemic in the nearest future.

Abuja can cry for all i care
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by bakila: 9:18pm On May 07, 2012
jp philips:

the NCTL pipeline is a 30", 46km pipeline spanning from Nembe to Adamakiri passing through Awoba and cawthorne channel, the reason i mentioned these places is to remind you that the said pipeline is an SPDC (east) major trunk line and yes it was neatly buried not just underground but underwater as well.

it is one of the multi million dollar projects SPDC awarded to Eni group (SAIPEM) and completed in 2010.

the company in question is qualified to give you the best in projects of that magnitude, nevertheless, oil theft aka bunkery has graduated to a height where effective policing is the only cure,
the armed forces themselves are compromised so who exactly will do the policing? civil defense?

"kpo fire" is not a hidden activity because of its characteristic thick smoke that can be seen beyond thousands of miles radius, these creeks are been patrolled by joint task force of army, police and navy.on daily basis.

imagine where the temperature of a refinery is blazing at several spots within a very short radius,how hidden can that be in the middle of the night?

recently i heard that the boys that are doing the pipeline cracking are contract staffs normally pushed out when the construction coy could not maintain them out of projects with security apparatchik comprising of ex and active militants and sea pirates.

if you see these bunkery points, you will have no doubt that these guys are real professionals, can you seriously break a life line of 60bar pressure safely without knowledge of pipeline operations?

i was happy when they started the business truth be told, the hole wo wo wo boys were no longer in the river cos they are busy making money, even the sea pirates that harass sea travelers disappeared, the military were not left out, i wish they will org anise themselves to reduce the environmental impact cos i foresee a serious epidemic in the nearest future.

Then it isnt true that Northerners started Boko Haram to disstabilize GEJ. The man de pay double to militant.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by smsgold: 3:35am On May 08, 2012
alj harem: A Nigerian refinery from a Nigerian oil company would take us out of this quagmare.

1. It would provide Jobs for Niger-delta people thus reducing militancy

2. It would provide an avenue for us to prosecute our citizens that fail to see the suffering of her people.

3. reduce oil bunker.

well said
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 2:00pm On May 08, 2012
otokx:

bros lets tell ourselves the truth, our guys in the villages, what do they do with the cash they get from bunkering? is not to finish on ashy and palmy? do they use the money to build roads or health centres or schools? is not to buy more guns and terrorize the others? Do their activities not end up destroying the environment? we should look inwards and stop talking theory, the few niger deltas that control companies, is it not to buy house in Abuja, Lagos and London? Do they give anything back to the community where they come from?

Are we talking solutions or elaborating the problems?
All the reasons you gave above are simply because you and others like you have not allowed and still do not want the people to work, I don't understand your problem here....
so if the few 9ja delta people opportune to work with oil companies siphon the money they generate...then you deny all the legitimate land owners opportunity to produce their natural resources.

So if some people finish money on palmy and ashy...then you deny all the legitimate land owners opportunity to produce their natural resources.

You are very funny
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 2:11pm On May 08, 2012
jp philips:

If the communities were empowered to run these facilities and pay taxes to Government like every other buziness, will they allow people vandalise and steal their sources of livelihood easily...would it be easy to compromise army and JTF to steal your own crude, or would it be easy for outsiders from the comunity to compromise JTF to steals from pipelines??

Guy the only way forward is resource control...you can't run away from it...
by the way what solutions do you propose.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 2:15pm On May 08, 2012
jp philips:

i care less about the boys and what they do with Army, my greatest concern is the environment, gosh!!
the creeks are a monumental mess, u can hardly breathe in the creek these days.

If you care so mush about the environment then lets legalize local participation in the business, because unfortunately you cannot reason environmental issues with those poverty stricken people.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2012
DaLover:
If the communities were empowered to run these facilities and pay taxes to Government like every other buziness, will they allow people vandalise and steal their sources of livelihood easily...would it be easy to compromise army and JTF to steal your own crude, or would it be easy for outsiders from the comunity to compromise JTF to steals from pipelines??

Guy the only way forward is resource control...you can't run away from it...
by the way what solutions do you propose.

resource control? well, i don't want to wake beaf from the dead, he has bigger issues in Abuja to deal with as "Reno omokri"

lets talk about empowerment like you suggested, for the past 3yrs or so, SPDC awards contracts to community heads to gather their boys and patrol their life lines, these groups are termed "surveillance" and they are paid well,
i can assure you that the surveillance project as championed by SPDC is 100% indigenous,localized and grass rooted.
these guys are meant to serve the purpose of community "rats" that alert the authorities when such thefts are going on. at a point the guys will report to SPDC, spdc will alert Army , Army/navy will go and collect settlement from the boys.

right now, the surveillance project has failed, were they not empowered? of course but circumstances are beyond their control.

on the bold part of your quote, there is another initiative of SPDC known as FTO which means "freedom to operate", this is a form of community pacification where every contractor mobilizing to any SPDC facility will have to fulfill all FTO requirements before work can commence.

some interesting elements of SPDC FTO are bulk settlement, labor and logistics.lets take it one after the other and analyze how this boys utilize them,

the bulk settlement is a lump sum paid to any community housing any spdc asset be it pipeline,manifold, production flow-stations etc.

this sum ranges between 500k to 5million depending on the project and financial muscle of the contractor. don't forget that behind the scene, SPDC is the one paying the money indirectly to the community making it look like the contractor is paying it, in the end the contractor will be reimbursed by SPDC,

second element is labor, the youths will assemble and count themselves, then those people are assigned to the contractor to pay btwn 3k to 5k per person on daily basis, but in the end the guys don't show up, they just collect the money and drink ogogoro and impregnate their neighbors.

i was gisting with one of them last week, a 32yr old, able bodied, full fledged masculine who complained to me he is jobless, i asked him of his FTO labor money and he said "that one dey" rem i met him sitting near my facility as early as 10:00am in the morning, that means that the Adult collected the labor money and absconded, now the contractor after paying so much on community labor will still employ people and place them on salaries and benefits to do the same job he has paid the community boys for.

i don't want to talk about the technical knowledge that it will benefit such individual if he had participated actively in such a project that will guarantee him a constant source of livelihood beyond the bracket of SPDC, mind you SPDC dolls out hundreds of projects on weekly basis.

the same small community with population of less than 300 will collect the FTO lump sum from 10 to 15 contractors annually and yet they complain they don't have drinking water, they will sit and wait for SPDC to drill boreholes for them while they travel to ph and yenegoa with their millions to lodge in expensive hotels and return as soon as they are broke.

the last element is Logistics, depending on the terrain, the community mandates that every contractor pays for minimum of 3 boats or trucks of btw 30k to 50k each daily, these logistics exist only on paper but none is seen on site.

that is just a tip of the iceberg that they misuse with impunity, an Anambra minded person with such logistic contract opportunity would flood the community with transport companies in less than 5yrs how exactly can such incompetent lazy people soaked in acute buffoonery manage the so called resources you want them to control? tell me how many transport companies that make 150k daily for 6months? but they will pocket the money without any single tire on ground.

hope you have not forgotten the bonny revolution during the NLNG train 2 projects, multinational companies were begging indigenes to come take positions of 150k to 750k monthly with mere SSCE, BSc and Beng, what did they do?
they will enroll but sell their slots to Igbo boys that will do the job for one third of that money, five yrs on, those igbo boys are now the hot cake that companies are looking for as experienced hires and they have moved on since then.

empowerment indeed, you don't know those people.

the solution is as simple as any problem of theft, the cohesive apparatus of state and all those who wield the apparatchik of our defenses should do their jobs. The arm forces need an Abubakar to sanitize it like the Police force.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 11:18pm On May 08, 2012
jp phillips, r there any set of people that are born Lazy?

I quite agree with the structure you illustrated, though you wrong termed it empowerment, but this is not the empowerment I was refering too...

30 or 40 old years ago when the FG decided to seize the resources of the 9ja deltans and exploit the oil via the major ethnic groups and forginers, various means were devices to suppress the populace..these included physical force and divide and rule tactics through bribary of the traditional rulers and those who could show that they commanded some sort of powers in the communities...any attempts by the general community to rise against their corrupt leaders and traditional ruler was meet with brutal force by the state on the side of the corrupt traditional rulers and leaders...this is exactly what brought about the death of Saro wiwa...the saro wiwa story reverberated around the world because he was a popular figure....but thrust me this same situation played itself all over the 9ja delta, a disenfranchised people were that were over a 30 year period cowed into submission.....the artitude you explained here is the kind of behaviour that came about as a result of the behaviour by companies like shell a co, over a long period of time....

After the death of Saro Wiwa and the international comdemnation that followed, shell tried to make a show of sustainable community development, this is what gave rise to the FTO, and other support which shell pays to the communities directly or indirectly through the contractors...

Obviuosly given the culture that was built up over the years, a group of powerful thugs in the communities set up excos and rotate membership amongst themselves to collect monies from the IOCs, the companies are quite ok with this because it keeps the communities out of their business, and when approached on the wrongness of the strategy...they, like you have just done will point to the amount of money paid to communities...

But what is my own solution...it is as simple as teaching the man to catch fish, rather than giving him fish every day.....The way the system is run now, the personnel from the conmmuniies are treated as if they do not have a stake in the issue, the actual transaction take place between the oil companies and the muscle men (those who can be called upon to sqush any uprisings).
Now, the people are tired of waiting for the right things to be done, the are taking their destinies into their own hands, they are already used to taking the crude and selling or refining, even if we could get the poorly paid army officers to stop them, the possibility of willful ssabotage is very high...

What I feel needs to be done, is to find a way of stoping the cash payments to thugs while gradually involving communities in the ownership and operations of these oil companies,,, it sounds funny when you say people are willing to risk their lives to to tap into flow lines or pipelines, transport the crue, refine it in a crude manner, and sell it but these same people are not willing to settle down and own legal oil companies... What I have proposed it not going to be easy to achieve, but there are usually no easy solutions to difficult problems, the existing culture was set over a 30year period and will take time to change, but we need to start in the right step, and that is assuring the people that they have a direct stake in the oil producing business
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by Nobody: 6:26am On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

Simples. cool

better do something b4 small guys get out of buz grin this go be mend 2 if buz disappear
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On May 09, 2012
barikay: so because it wil employ limited pple will shud b importing refine petrol? U see wat tribalism has turn u into

My fault..i did not realize in time that I was attempting to reason with a m0r0n.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 12:56pm On May 09, 2012
Moderator,
Please my last post before this was hidden, what did i do wrong
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2012
DaLover]jp phillips, r there any set of people that are born Lazy?

I quite agree with the structure you illustrated, though you wrong termed it empowerment, but this is not the empowerment I was refering too...

30 or 40 old years ago when the FG decided to seize the resources of the 9ja deltans and exploit the oil via the major ethnic groups and forginers, various means were devices to suppress the populace..these included physical force and divide and rule tactics through bribary of the traditional rulers and those who could show that they commanded some sort of powers in the communities...any attempts by the general community to rise against their corrupt leaders and traditional ruler was meet with brutal force by the state on the side of the corrupt traditional rulers and leaders...this is exactly what brought about the death of Saro wiwa...the saro wiwa story reverberated around the world because he was a popular figure....but thrust me this same situation played itself all over the 9ja delta, a disenfranchised people were that were over a 30 year period cowed into submission.....the artitude you explained here is the kind of behaviour that came about as a result of the behaviour by companies like shell a co, over a long period of time....

should we clap for them for living in 17th century umbrage in the 21st century?

After the death of Saro Wiwa and the international comdemnation that followed, shell tried to make a show of sustainable community development, this is what gave rise to the FTO, and other support which shell pays to the communities directly or indirectly through the contractors...

Obviuosly given the culture that was built up over the years, a group of powerful thugs in the communities set up excos and rotate membership amongst themselves to collect monies from the IOCs, the companies are quite ok with this because it keeps the communities out of their business, and when approached on the wrongness of the strategy...they, like you have just done will point to the amount of money paid to communities...

Amongst all the places i have been to in Nigeria, Niger delta is one place that i can bet my life savings that no individual or group has the monopoly of violence. every group is strong in their own way and they respect their supremacy.

but your quote is a diversion from what i am talking about when i highlighted the FTO, the Excos you talk about rotate amongst the strong groups no doubt but the average creek brought up belongs to same groups one way or the other, so the rotation amongst excos is still a party for all, but that is not my argument.

i am saying that i expect that the proceeds from the FTO could have made a reasonable impact on the well being of the community considering the opportunity they have.

compare it with other non oil producing communities in the east like Anambra and Enugu states, rural development is done by unions of influential people in the community, they need no FTO to provide community market and portable water for their communities, that is were you see big social clubs like people's club, "odoziobodo" clubs, "otu-ogbo" groups etc all geared towards community development on an individual donation basis,some smart traditional rulers even attach community projects to title taking.

why is it difficult for people with opportunities to the make the best of it?

But what is my own solution...it is as simple as teaching the man to catch fish, rather than giving him fish every day.....The way the system is run now, the personnel from the conmmuniies are treated as if they do not have a stake in the issue, the actual transaction take place between the oil companies and the muscle men (those who can be called upon to sqush any uprisings).
Now, the people are tired of waiting for the right things to be done, the are taking their destinies into their own hands, they are already used to taking the crude and selling or refining, even if we could get the poorly paid army officers to stop them, the possibility of willful ssabotage is very high...

What I feel needs to be done, is to find a way of stoping the cash payments to thugs while gradually involving communities in the ownership and operations of these oil companies,,, it sounds funny when you say people are willing to risk their lives to to tap into flow lines or pipelines, transport the crue, refine it in a crude manner, and sell it but these same people are not willing to settle down and own legal oil companies... What I have proposed it not going to be easy to achieve, but there are usually no easy solutions to difficult problems, the existing culture was set over a 30year period and will take time to change, but we need to start in the right step, and that is assuring the people that they have a direct stake in the oil producing business
[/quote]

please re read by first post above to see that the structures the IOC's are operating now has grown beyond the use of "muscle men" to grass rooted, individuals participation.
i gave you a break down of "some" elements of the SPDC FTO.

i was in one community in brass creek still an SPDC WEST controlled region, the contractor hired community labor and was paying them on site as they work, at a point the contractor was forced to demobilize his active staff, sent them on diff projects while the community boys continued with the job.

i realized that the decision was borne out of the fact that those boys over the years due to their "active participation in similar operations have mastered the art.

was there no muscle men? did the traditional rulers not collect their FTO lump sums? but the serious guys got to work, learnt the art and broke all umbrages of unemployment in their life, that is what i am talking about.

the empowerment has to be a gradual process, they are looking for multi billion dollar contracts but that of few millions they cant deliver,

i tell you what; oil and gas operations reserves some level of professionalism and competence, it is not what you leave for any "bingo" to come fiddle with in the name of empowerment.

take your time and read the review of "Iriama incident" to get a wind of what i am talking about.

"a local contractor in charge of leak repairs was clamping a life line that ruptured without even isolating the affected area, when the pool of crude reached a disturbing height, the m@r@n brought in a discharge pump and buried it in the pool in a bid to to discharge the crude, the next thing was "boom" and 7 families lost their bread winners now how cool does that sound? imagine the cavalier

before you talk about empowerment, are they prepared for it? have they positioned themselves strategically to benefit from the opportunities that comes with it? have they realized the need for individual emancipation before the IOC's and Govt at large can come to help?

the answers to these questions are the reasons why total empowerment remains a mirage.

chibuike amaechi pays bursary to all rivers state indigenes in their various tertiary institutions, does it guarantee more rivers graduates from UST,Uniport and other institutions? that is precisely my point

[/color]
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 3:36pm On May 10, 2012
jp philips:

should we clap for them for living in 17th century umbrage in the 21st century?

You may clap if you wish

jp philips:

Amongst all the places i have been to in Nigeria, Niger delta is one place that i can bet my life savings that no individual or group has the monopoly of violence. every group is strong in their own way and they respect their supremacy.

but your quote is a diversion from what i am talking about when i highlighted the FTO, the Excos you talk about rotate amongst the strong groups no doubt but the average creek brought up belongs to same groups one way or the other, so the rotation amongst excos is still a party for all, but that is not my argument.

i am saying that i expect that the proceeds from the FTO could have made a reasonable impact on the well being of the community considering the opportunity they have.

yes no group or individual has monopoly of violence, that that is why community excos are always fighting each other, when they finnaly settle, they now resolve to do it on turn by turn basic....the point you missed here is that the people the IOCs now negotiate with, and spend money on are now thugs who definitely have nothing to offer, those who would have seen the bigger picture, those who have collected thoughts are usually unwilling to go into the squabbles are systematically divorced from the process, remember that this system is induced by the government and IOCs years of devide and rule techniques..
The answer is resource control....the land owners mush have a say in the exploitation of their wealth...there is no other solotion

jp philips:

please re read by first post above to see that the structures the IOC's are operating now has grown beyond the use of "muscle men" to grass rooted, individuals participation.
i gave you a break down of "some" elements of the SPDC FTO.

i was in one community in brass creek still an SPDC WEST controlled region, the contractor hired community labor and was paying them on site as they work, at a point the contractor was forced to demobilize his active staff, sent them on diff projects while the community boys continued with the job.

i realized that the decision was borne out of the fact that those boys over the years due to their "active participation in similar operations have mastered the art.

was there no muscle men? did the traditional rulers not collect their FTO lump sums? but the serious guys got to work, learnt the art and broke all umbrages of unemployment in their life, that is what i am talking about.

the empowerment has to be a gradual process, they are looking for multi billion dollar contracts but that of few millions they cant deliver,

i tell you what; oil and gas operations reserves some level of professionalism and competence, it is not what you leave for any "bingo" to come fiddle with in the name of empowerment.

take your time and read the review of "Iriama incident" to get a wind of what i am talking about.

"a local contractor in charge of leak repairs was clamping a life line that ruptured without even isolating the affected area, when the pool of crude reached a disturbing height, the m@r@n brought in a discharge pump and buried it in the pool in a bid to to discharge the crude, the next thing was "boom" and 7 families lost their bread winners now how cool does that sound? imagine the cavalier

before you talk about empowerment, are they prepared for it? have they positioned themselves strategically to benefit from the opportunities that comes with it? have they realized the need for individual emancipation before the IOC's and Govt at large can come to help?

the answers to these questions are the reasons why total empowerment remains a mirage.

chibuike amaechi pays bursary to all rivers state indigenes in their various tertiary institutions, does it guarantee more rivers graduates from UST,Uniport and other institutions? that is precisely my point

[/color]
hello,
I continue to witness first hand the community sustainable initiatives being executed by the oil companies, as a worker in here, and I can tell you that its a load of theoretical bull, the negatives you are proclaiming are now as a direct result of the years of oil company and government manipulation and its not as black and white as you are trying to make it seam. Ask if black people in America are naturally lazy or something in the system and history causes them to behave the way they are...

People of niger delta region are excelling all over the world and Nigeria, and they are by no means lazy, they need to be give the opportunities,

imagine if the federal government was to go to your so call villages in Enugu and Anambra,take over they farms and tell them to look for other means of livelihood, that food is now a security issue....then promise to pay them what ever figure it deems fit...the FG operates and runs the farms, then Hausas, using their control of the FG apparatus, monopolize the juicy activities revolving around the farms....while your people stand aside and watch, probably employed as low level people cleaners, driver etc, for the educated ones amongst you, those that protest this situation are systematically frustrated, many seek opportunities elsewhere, those that stay become docile and cooperate with their overlords, some will be bought over, etc etc etc....after 30 years how do you think villages in Enugu and Anambra would be behaving?

I laugh when I see your take on the Iriama issue, i would implore you not to say this story again, off all the failings that lead to that explosion and subsequent ravaging fire. It pains me you decide to put the blame on the poor youth, when SPDC as a company failed in it responsibilities.....
I dont want to go into those details now, but you should know what I am talking about
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by aljharem(m): 3:44pm On May 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^

I can see that you still have not changed, LOL as my osun governor would say O'boy, go take O'fresh-air grin grin grin grin grin
Hausa this Yoruba that. LOL
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2012
DaLover:

You may clap if you wish

yes no group or individual has monopoly of violence, that that is why community excos are always fighting each other, when they finnaly settle, they now resolve to do it on turn by turn basic....the point you missed here is that the people the IOCs now negotiate with, and spend money on are now thugs who definitely have nothing to offer, those who would have seen the bigger picture, those who have collected thoughts are usually unwilling to go into the squabbles are systematically divorced from the process, remember that this system is induced by the government and IOCs years of devide and rule techniques..
The answer is resource control....the land owners mush have a say in the exploitation of their wealth...there is no other solotion

people will take you more serious when you put up an agenda and have examples to point to buttress your claims, your arguments are so vague that i doubt what touch you have with grass root community people.
your quote above just proves that you don't even know what we are discussing.
as a reminder, we are talking of "empowerment of locals"

now, in ur confusion you just attested that SPDC empowers them but only "thugs",guy, u re talking from two compasses of your mouth.

was i not the one that told you abinitio that locals that position themselves strategically get whatever is due to them?
did you not read my post where i attributed the failure of further empowerment on lackadaisical attitude of the locals?

a community chief is charge of air lifting logistics for SPDC east or are you not aware?
do you want me to remind you that contracts of that magnitude before now are left in the hands of foreigners not even Nigerians let alone locals.

abi helicopter contract na beans? was the man not a local? but he positioned himself strategically to reap such juicy contracts.

if i give you the "Abeke" example nex,t you will say he is a thug, i agree but do you know that the guy is controlling fleets of boats worth billions?
how many of them "thugs" like you call them position themselves like Abeke to reap such offers from SPDC?
did i not mention the toughest of men and even top militant leaders that blow their money in hotels?

if your idea of IOC and govt empowerment for locals is to wake them from bed and put food in their mouths then, im sorry to inform you that not even Lucifer will take you serious

hello,
I continue to witness first hand the community sustainable initiatives being executed by the oil companies, as a worker in here, and I can tell you that its a load of theoretical bull, the negatives you are proclaiming are now as a direct result of the years of oil company and government manipulation and its not as black and white as you are trying to make it seam. Ask if black people in America are naturally lazy or something in the system and history causes them to behave the way they are...

give examples to buttress your claims, initiative, community sustainable,theoretical bull are too vague for me, mention the initiatives and their execution strategy im tired of your vague stories point to things i can see and verify, i am a son of the soil.

People of niger delta region are excelling all over the world and Nigeria, and they are by no means lazy, they need to be give the opportunities,

imagine if the federal government was to go to your so call villages in Enugu and Anambra,take over they farms and tell them to look for other means of livelihood, that food is now a security issue....then promise to pay them what ever figure it deems fit...the FG operates and runs the farms, then Hausas, using their control of the FG apparatus, monopolize the juicy activities revolving around the farms....while your people stand aside and watch, probably employed as low level people cleaners, driver etc, for the educated ones amongst you, those that protest this situation are systematically frustrated, many seek opportunities elsewhere, those that stay become docile and cooperate with their overlords, some will be bought over, etc etc etc....after 30 years how do you think villages in Enugu and Anambra would be behaving?

you can use the above to console your lazy brothers at home not me, in all the oil fields in the Niger delta, land locations account for one third of the lot, and in ikwerre lands it accounts for one sixth of the lot, but how many ikwerre people do you know as established farmers?

start from the ones that have lands before you talk about those their lands were taken, your example makes no sense.
an average ikwerre young guy sells off his farm land to buy camry, in six months he disposes of it and falls back to the village square to play draft.

i think your problem is that this subject matter is too big for you because you have little or no facts to back your claim except for some theories you read from sign posts.

and let me tell you, nobody is undermining the potentials of the ND people cos they have all it takes to get there, after all their brother is the president of this country, haven said that, the context of my argument is that the ones that have lived beyond umbrages and strategically positioned themselves through education and skill acquisition are making it big, the ones you think should be empowered are busy sleeping at home and impregnating women and other wo wo wo vices.

Ask yourself, why are the kalabari's the most successful in Rivers state? can you tell any other tribe that are more exposed and enlightened than the kalabaris? now, you understand what i mean by strategically positioning themselves.

i think you should start a wake up campaign before you talk about empowerment cos dudes are sleeping big time

I laugh when I see your take on the Iriama issue, i would implore you not to say this story again, off all the failings that lead to that explosion and subsequent ravaging fire. It pains me you decide to put the blame on the poor youth, when SPDC as a company failed in it responsibilities.....
I dont want to go into those details now, but you should know what I am talking about

failed in its responsibility to give a clamping job to locals, yet you have typed hundred pages clamoring for empowerment, helloooo!!!!! have you gone to sleep like your people?

failed in his responsibilities by giving a job to a local that hired a nonentity that thinks a pool of crude is a swimming pool?

even if the SPDC safety officer didn't stop the job, is it not commonsensical for a human being to mere physically distinguish between crude oil and palm wine?

lets be clear,the pipeline did not rupture on its own but was vandalized by kpo fire boys so don't even go there.

tell me what SPDC could have done better for the local that made that mess?

Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 11:20pm On May 10, 2012
jp philips:

failed in its responsibility to give a clamping job to locals, yet you have typed hundred pages clamoring for empowerment, helloooo!!!!! have you gone to sleep like your people?

failed in his responsibilities by giving a job to a local that hired a nonentity that thinks a pool of crude is a swimming pool?

even if the SPDC safety officer didn't stop the job, is it not commonsensical for a human being to mere physically distinguish between crude oil and palm wine?

lets be clear,the pipeline did not rupture on its own but was vandalized by kpo fire boys so don't even go there.

tell me what SPDC could have done better for the local that made that mess?

I told you not to go there but you insisted, like Ahj Harem above, you are delving into an issue...
Do you know that several SPDC staff had their jobs terminated because of complicity in the issue, these are the educated people from outside the 9ja delta who you feel can do no wrong?

The Iriama issue is a sour issue that shows how a company can treat its immediate environment and its people with levity and disregard...

I wrote at length about the root causes of the 9ja delta struggles, so if there was vandalization on the pipelines, while you attribute it to lazy youths, i would attribute it to years of struggle that eventually lead to militancy and now crude ways of resource control..

Without going into so much details let state some key indisputable events that found several SPDC personel culpable in the iriama issue
1- Several Pipeline ruptures at the time (designed to halt oil production)
2- The SPDC and of course FG insisted on crude oil flow, and hence quickly restoring all pipeline ruptures asap (The free oil must flow)
3- The pipelines mtce team was overwhelmed, instead of 1 of 2 leaks a month or two, they were handling leaks every other week.
4- SPDC management refused to respond by increasing resources to meet this new challenges ( i.e personnel, materials hole sealants etc)
5- The contracting team withe the knowledge of SPDC personnel started to use chunks of wood as plugs before placing the metal clamps on the pipeline

On that very period,
1- Information got to shell as usual about another leak at iriama
2- contractor mobilized to site, shell count not provide adequate fire protection truck and fire fighting personnel as required for such jobs, A fire truck was dispatched to site with just one fireman, no foam spray. The fire truck could not progress close enough to the exact location, so he had to park at some distance, The lone fire man could not carry his heavy equipment to the site, even if he did, it required at least two people to operate it.
3- At the site , they discovered that the leak was from a previous clamping, after removing the metal clamp, in a bid to remove the wooden peg, oil started gushing from the pipeline, as high as some feet into the air
4- normally for such operations, the flow station pumping oil into this line should be such down to depressurize the pipeline, but greed did not allow for that.
5- a pool of crude was forming quickly, as usually done in such cased, a retaining bond wall was built by the contractor,
6- All appeal to get SPDC management to stop flow stations from pumping crude into the pipelines fell on deaf ears, as they insisted that repairs could be quickly effected in such conditions,
7- Meanwhile the flowing crude was getting out of hand and the bond walls could no longer contain the spilled crude, a holes were dug to contain the excess fluid.
8- A diesel pump which is usually used in such situations was brought by contractor to site, placed at a distance and a hose was now being used to pump the fluid into the holes, all these happened in a space of a few days and SPDC management still refused to shut the flow stations down.
9- eventually the whole atmosphere became supercharged with hydrocarbon and the heat from the long running disel gen flashed and the rest is history..abi
10- Do you know that even after the explosion and reports of death, SPDC management STILL refused to stop pumping crude into the pipeline?///

Stop going around passing information that a community boy ignorantly started the fire...its very callous of you.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 4:37am On May 11, 2012
DaLover:
I told you not to go there but you insisted, like Ahj Harem above, you are delving into an issue...
Do you know that several SPDC staff had their jobs terminated because of complicity in the issue, these are the educated people from outside the 9ja delta who you feel can do no wrong?

just like the typical you, you have already changed the subject because i demanded for evidence above, just like our refinery discussion, about the issues you raised, i saw the report too myself, for the quote above, SPDC has a "consequence management process"

if you send your field man to site and he screws up both the field man and oga in the office goes home, that rule is as old as my father, so i don't know why you want me to start dancing because SPDC applied an old standing rule in a case where 7 lives were lost, abi you think shell is run like Nigerian govt?

The Iriama issue is a sour issue that shows how a company can treat its immediate environment and its people with levity and disregard...

I wrote at length about the root causes of the 9ja delta struggles, so if there was vandalization on the pipelines, while you attribute it to lazy youths, i would attribute it to years of struggle that eventually lead to militancy and now crude ways of resource control..

Without going into so much details let state some key indisputable events that found several SPDC personel culpable in the iriama issue
1- Several Pipeline ruptures at the time (designed to halt oil production)

so vandalization of SPDC pipelines is now the fault of SPDC abi? i don't get the point here, "kpo fire" breaks a life line and SPDC becomes culpable huh!!

2- The SPDC and of course FG insisted on crude oil flow, and hence quickly restoring all pipeline ruptures asap (The free oil must flow)

you don't stop production anyhow because the FG's Annual budget depends on it, you of all people should know better, yes, there are a billion ways you can close up a leaking life line without stopping production, technology has gotten us this far, if you need more technical details, you buy my handout

3- The pipelines mtce team was overwhelmed, instead of 1 of 2 leaks a month or two, they were handling leaks every other week.

i don't see how the above is relevant in the points you were trying to make, be that as it may, SPDC has 13 approved MTCE contractors each in the technical position to handle 3 sites at a time minimum. 3 x 13 = 39.
were there up to 39 leaks at the time? if no, then NO sir!! the contractors were not "overwhelmed" like you claim.
as we speak, Nest oil alone is on 3 active sites that i am aware of, 2 major projects and one MTCE job that is one of the many MTCE contractors.

4- SPDC management refused to respond by increasing resources to meet this new challenges ( i.e personnel, materials hole sealants etc)

my dear, i don't know where you got your stories from but from what i know, SPDC does not do "procurement" for maintenance contractors, they are mobilized at the beginning of their contracts and further procurements are back charged to SPDC.
As per your personnel claim, that one is laughable, SPDC doesn't hire personnel for maintenance contractors.
if for any reason there was shortage of man power or materials on site, it is totally the business of the MTCE contractor not SPDC, get your facts straight.

That tells you how prepared the local contractor as "empowered" by SPDC is going about his business, same thing we have argued over and again, if SPDC denied him the contract, he would have cried wolf "empowerment" denied!!! yet from what you are saying, he wasn't even ready for a job of that magnitude.

5- The contracting team withe the knowledge of SPDC personnel started to use chunks of wood as plugs before placing the metal clamps on the pipeline

stop exposing your technical kwashiokor we call it "plugging" and it is a standard practice, it is done to reduce throw out before setting, clamping or cellulose rolls are applied. the protruding stick is removed using mechanical pigs during routine inspection of the pipelines.

On that very period,
1- Information got to shell as usual about another leak at iriama
2- contractor mobilized to site, shell count not provide adequate fire protection truck and fire fighting personnel as required for such jobs, A fire truck was dispatched to site with just one fireman, no foam spray. The fire truck could not progress close enough to the exact location, so he had to park at some distance, The lone fire man could not carry his heavy equipment to the site, even if he did, it required at least two people to operate it.

in case you don't know, before SPDC approved the PTW for that job, a JHA was raised which was where the contractor wrote it himself that he will have a standby ambulance and fire truck as a contingency plan. only for your friend to go there and was latching unto SPDC's emergency plan and that was why the lead safety guy was fired. he was meant to report that the contractor did not mobilize properly to site and nobody could have authorized that JHA because the distance from the nearest SPDC facility to the work site is pretty far.
there is no contractor that works for SPDC that doesn't raise a Job Hazard Analysis for his job, practically impossible.

3- At the site , they discovered that the leak was from a previous clamping, after removing the metal clamp, in a bid to remove the wooden peg, oil started gushing from the pipeline, as high as some feet into the air

i have the videos so that is no news

4- normally for such operations, the flow station pumping oil into this line should be such down to depressurize the pipeline, but greed did not allow for that.

you are sounding technically pathetic again, i am telling you that there are a million and one technologies to plug, clamp and coat life lines safely without shutting down, there are advanced cellulose in the market that does the job, companies like "strong back" and "clock springs" will be laughing seriously at your ignorance.

your ijaw brother must have mobilized "wrapper" to clamp life line, all na people that want "resource control" and "empowerment" grin grin grin

5- a pool of crude was forming quickly, as usually done in such cased, a retaining bond wall was built by the contractor,

bond wall indeed, an improvised hole was dug, stop giving it big names to look like he did something technical, if you are in doubt, drop your email i will send you the video

6- All appeal to get SPDC management to stop flow stations from pumping crude into the pipelines fell on deaf ears, as they insisted that repairs could be quickly effected in such conditions,

i think by now you should be ashamed for writing this; the plea didn't make sense to the guys in the office because they know the contractor has a choice if he had strategically positioned and aligned the prospects of his company with the prevailing technology at the time.

7- Meanwhile the flowing crude was getting out of hand and the bond walls could no longer contain the spilled crude, a holes were dug to contain the excess fluid.

like i told you, the kwashiokor contractor had no time for bond wall, what i saw was an improvised hole

8- A diesel pump which is usually used in such situations was brought by contractor to site, placed at a distance and a hose was now being used to pump the fluid into the holes, all these happened in a space of a few days and SPDC management still refused to shut the flow stations down.

Now, you are lying big time!! from your testimony here alone, it doesn't take a thing to see trough your lie.
you told us that the flow was a rupture of about some feet in the air, right?
how long did it take the contractor to construct that bond wall while the crude were still splashing high in the air?
is it not possible that even before the bond wall (though i didn't see one,)was ready, that the area is already flooded with crude? you also said that as the pool formed, they started digging holes, right? was the hole not meant to hold the contents of the bond wall? if so, what do you think will be the distance from the bond wall and the hole cosidering the fact that the bond wall was already filled and overflowing while the holes were dug?

guy apply common sense, i saw the diesel pump in the pool of crude simple, now, tell me which m@r@n with the basic knowledge of chemistry will conceive that evil huh!! incompetence of the highest ranking, released by one of your "empowered" brothers warming up for "resource control" non@s@ns@

9- eventually the whole atmosphere became supercharged with hydrocarbon and the heat from the long running disel gen flashed and the rest is history..abi

i don't need you to remind me, my chemistry is sound

10- Do you know that even after the explosion and reports of death, SPDC management STILL refused to stop pumping crude into the pipeline?///

fabricated fallacy, i didn't see it in the report if you did, please feel free to show me, apply common sense, how is it possible to pump crude from a F/S through a D/L that is on fire? did it happen in Hollywood?

Stop going around passing information that a community boy ignorantly started the fire...its very callous of you.

not for one who got his facts twisted

Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2012
@jp phillips,
So you read a report and watched a video produced by SPDC, and you expect to know the truth....lol, what a pity......you obviously lack what it takes to engage in constructive discussion......

Apparently you have some affiliation with SPDC, so do I, and I have good enuf experiences to know when cover ups are perpetuated...I believe you either know this or deliberately sdt out to misinform the public here.....

After interacting with people who were at the emergency response session conducter at the time if the incident, i am better informed....
At first you blurted out that a community man put a gen set inside crude oil causing the explosion, now the truth is coming out...passing wrong information out to the public because u want to put people down is just plain evil.....

Making the public believe that the reason for the explosion was community involvement, as if several incidents have not occurred were 9delta community was not involved... Piper alfa, the resent underwater spill at gulf of mexico were cuused by 9ja delta boys abi?

The questions about whos fault it is for the several ruptures on pipelines is a deep rooted subject.....if the 9ja delta militants fighting for more stake are trying to stop you from producing their oil and you insist.....then i guess who to blame depends on what line of the divide you are... The oppressor or the exploited..

I know all the five staffs who were in the pipelines mtce team, and i can assure you that it is not about having 39 contractors, but about have the appropriate number of staff to manage the contracts, and perform the contract site supervision....if this are not adequate, as was the case then, then SPDC is liable and culpable.......

You insist that due to FG demand for oil, the oil must be produced at all cost, how come after the incident, shell had changed this philosophy? For instance, the topic of this thread, shutdown of crude supply to bonny terminal? shut down of bonga recently, now any spill that occurs, and the production is shutdown....but back then the case was different...it was much worse....regard for the environment was of little consequence....

You have failed to admit the role continuous pumping of crude to the location caused in the incident, as in the piper alfa situation in the north sea....the only difference is that while the british government and regulatory agencies took action against the company for neglect.....in nigeria, the blame is being passed to community boys.....
What a big shame
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 9:51am On May 11, 2012
DaLover: @jp phillips,
So you read a report and watched a video produced by SPDC, and you expect to know the truth....lol, what a pity......you obviously lack what it takes to engage in constructive discussion......

Apparently you have some affiliation with SPDC, so do I, and I have good enuf experiences to know when cover ups are perpetuated...I believe you either know this or deliberately sdt out to misinform the public here.....

After interacting with people who were at the emergency response session conducter at the time if the incident, i am better informed....

Another nons@ns@ from someone who claimed emergency response was terrible is now collecting testimonies from the same losers that reported themselves as failures to him. grin grin grin grin
i have thought you severally how to think but unfortunately you are not making progress,
SPDC provides emergency response for contractor
provide manpower,
provide materials
lol, what do you take SPDC for? jesus!!! you are not joking.

At first you blurted out that a community man put a gen set inside crude oil causing the explosion, now the truth is coming out...passing wrong information out to the public because u want to put people down is just plain evil.....

what truth is comming out? that an experienced man like you doesn't know the difference between bond walls and improvised dug holes,
that an experienced man like you doesn't know that leak repairs can be done on life line,
that you dont know that SPDC doesnt provide, man power nor materials for contractors?
that an experienced man like doesnt wake in the morning to visit your locations?
that you dont know that i personally took my own videos and pictures when i visited the location?
that an experienced man like you did not see the gruesome cavalier that took the lives of those men?

Making the public believe that the reason for the explosion was community involvement, as if several incidents have not occurred were 9delta community was not involved... Piper alfa, the resent underwater spill at gulf of mexico were cuused by 9ja delta boys abi?

i am not an SPDC PRO if that is your problem

The questions about whos fault it is for the several ruptures on pipelines is a deep rooted subject.....if the 9ja delta militants fighting for more stake are trying to stop you from producing their oil and you insist.....then i guess who to blame depends on what line of the divide you are... The oppressor or the exploited..

I know all the five staffs who were in the pipelines mtce team, and i can assure you that it is not about having 39 contractors, but about have the appropriate number of staff to manage the contracts, and perform the contract site supervision....if this are not adequate, as was the case then, then SPDC is liable and culpable.......

speaking through the nose as usual, ask the guys in major projects how many company men supervise them let alone a mere leak repair. it is only when you mobilize an incompetent bingo to site that you need to guide him through procedures, a professional, uses the least supervision.

You insist that due to FG demand for oil, the oil must be produced at all cost, how come after the incident, shell had changed this philosophy? For instance, the topic of this thread, shutdown of crude supply to bonny terminal? shut down of bonga recently, now any spill that occurs, and the production is shutdown....but back then the case was different...it was much worse....regard for the environment was of little consequence....

it is called learning from incident my friend, they now know that in a bid to empower your people, they are at risk of having chimps running around their multi billion dollar investment.

You have failed to admit the role continuous pumping of crude to the location caused in the incident, as in the piper alfa situation in the north sea....the only difference is that while the british government and regulatory agencies took action against the company for neglect.....in nigeria, the blame is being passed to community boys.....
you never cease to amaze me with your quarter truths, the North sea situation is a BOP failure, iriama is a total consequence of empowering an ill prepared contractor, haba, you are too big to be bathing n@ked in mud.

What a big shame

loool, that is how you run away from every argument, grin grin, did i tell you SPDC gave me the video? grin grin,
abeg shift you no get talk, visit the incident site yourself and draw your conclusions, iriama is not in heaven.
dust your butt up and go to the field, you sit like an old cracked solomon in the office and conclude i recieve videos from SPDC, for your info, i visit my sites, that is what you should do to avoid spewing rubbish.
lazy bone, go to site so you can be able to tell if there are bond walls or mere holes.
go to site and see the carcass of the pump to tell the position.
go to site stop lazying and drinking ogogoro

normal people dont talk like this, i recommend beef's shrink for you
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2012
You shot the video yourself, during the incident or after?
The report your read, did you prepare it yourself too?

What argument am I running away from?
The piper alfa incident was a BOP failure? You are just a he goat, a quick search of piper alfa on google and you can see many reports there
See the quote from one of them,

Later in the evening during the next work shift, the primary condensate pump failed. None of those present were aware that a vital part of the machine had been removed and decided to start the backup pump. Gas products escaped from the hole left by the valve.

http://www.fabig.com/Accidents/Piper+Alpha.htm

I am sure if you were in the UK, you would quickly accuse a community guy from aberdeen for forgetting this valve....You are so sick, its unimmaginable how someone benefitting from the kindness of people who have allowed you to exploit them for so long, probably generated the wealth that paid your fees would turn around and pour scorn on these people, their resources ensured that you paid for PMS at a reduced price...and you dared open you smelling mouth to insult them...you will be paid back in kind for such wickedness, thrust me...

Call us chimps for all I care, its an artitude we have come to expect from you and your kind....unfortunately you and your people who are far above chimps are still living in this same under developed country, surviving by the crude which you want to contuinue enjoying freely...even writing article on how best to enjoy the crude

See how you are f00ling yourself, you dont even know that for non EPIC contracts, SPDC provides, standby fire fighting resources, material spares, site superviors and a host of others....you just come here to blab...

The only thing we did wrong to you is to provide you with your source of livelihood, pay your education...because, I dont see how you would wake up in the morning and start insulting someone from kafanchan, if the guy doesnt have anything to do with an ldiot like you.
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2012
[quote author=DaLover]You shot the video yourself, during the incident or after?
The report your read, did you prepare it yourself too?

What argument am I running away from?
The piper alfa incident was a BOP failure? You are just a he goat, a quick search of piper alfa on google and you can see many reports there
See the quote from one of them,

i know your type, you are using me to upgrade ur academic prowess, you want me to clear you on that one too? waa!!! it will not work parade yourself in the market square

http://www.fabig.com/Accidents/Piper+Alpha.htm

I am sure if you were in the UK, you would quickly accuse a community guy from aberdeen for forgetting this valve....You are so sick, its unimmaginable how someone benefitting from the kindness of people who have allowed you to exploit them for so long, probably generated the wealth that paid your fees would turn around and pour scorn on these people, their resources ensured that you paid for PMS at a reduced price...and you dared open you smelling mouth to insult them...you will be paid back in kind for such wickedness, thrust me...

yawns!!!!!!!!!!!

Call us chimps for all I care, its an artitude we have come to expect from you and your kind....unfortunately you and your people who are far above chimps are still living in this same under developed country, surviving by the crude which you want to contuinue enjoying freely...even writing article on how best to enjoy the crude

typical tabularased Niger deltan your oil, your oil, because shell is bringing it out you are showing your brown teeth, lol, how many of you can identify an oil reservoir let alone have the technology to extract oil? opportunistic bingo's that think others are parasites lol

See how you are f00ling yourself, you dont even know that for non EPIC contracts, SPDC provides, standby fire fighting resources, material spares, site superviors and a host of others....you just come here to blab...

is like your wife just asked you to add "epic" to the argument to see if you stand a chance, lol
your assignment today;
define epic?
relate epic contract with iriama incident?
give other examples of epic contracts and other forms of contracs?
olodo don comot for chain lol

The only thing we did wrong to you is to provide you with your source of livelihood, pay your education...because, I dont see how you would wake up in the morning and start insulting someone from kafanchan, if the guy doesnt have anything to do with an ldiot like you

even impregnated my wife for me, how could you empower me so much and you are begging IOC's to empower your people? are you waanking?
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 12:46am On May 12, 2012
You know my type abi....what an ignoramus.....

I have punctured all ur lies, but i know pride will not let you come down from your high horse..

I tot your silliness would take you to the extent of blaming piper alfa incident on 9JA delta youths. You have no shame, a major organisation fails and u blame it on community boys.....

I have pointed out to you how they have been failing from the beginning till now, and all u can do is come up with weak and lame reasons...

At first pinned the whole incident on the general communities of the 9ja delta, showing utter disregard for the people that host you...(i wonder how a human been can be so ungrateful)....i told you how a series of organisational failings lead to the accident, in spite of this obvious reality check you prefer to stay at the surface of issues....
You came up with after incident videos and reports written and doctored by shell management like the ignoramus u r.....then i pointed out the stupidity of this strategy...people had first hand knowledge of shells md insisting on pumping crude even when it was clear that there was a raging inferno and u r talking from reports...

Initially u said leaking pipes can be repaired while flowing, which is actually true, but not for major leaks...but ur narrow mindlessness refused to let u see this fact...

I now pointed out to u that shell now shuts down pipelines to repair such leaks and u reversed yourself after saying that pipelines can be repaired during such major leaks....see how u twist truth just to paint a people whos resources have improved ur standard of living...if such leaks can be repaired while flowing crude why is shell now shuting down crude flow to repair the lines.....abi oil no important again...

You dont even know that the shell fire truck, was supposed to be on site to spray foam over the crude, you dont even know that Shell supplies spares for the sealing works. Yet u choose to lie to the open world...u r very wicked..an angel if darkness....to be cast into the pit of the deepest lakes of fire....'

You said shell does not provide supervision for major or minor contractors, this shows how lame u r...you dont even know the number of contract holders to number of contracts shell should be maintaining is grossly inadequate......you another one from the ungrateful parts of this country....shame on you.

If not for people like leading this country, the IOC should be working for the 9ja families who who the land, the communities would be the ones determining how employment and contracts should be awarded, this is resource control, not the FG locating decision making units in lagos, what those freebie loving rascals fight for free fuel..
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by jpphilips(m): 1:05pm On May 12, 2012
DaLover: You know my type abi....what an ignoramus.....

I have punctured all ur lies, but i know pride will not let you come down from your high horse..

I tot your silliness would take you to the extent of blaming piper alfa incident on 9JA delta youths. You have no shame, a major organisation fails and u blame it on community boys.....

I have pointed out to you how they have been failing from the beginning till now, and all u can do is come up with weak and lame reasons...

At first pinned the whole incident on the general communities of the 9ja delta, showing utter disregard for the people that host you...(i wonder how a human been can be so ungrateful)....i told you how a series of organisational failings lead to the accident, in spite of this obvious reality check you prefer to stay at the surface of issues....
You came up with after incident videos and reports written and doctored by shell management like the ignoramus u r.....then i pointed out the stupidity of this strategy...people had first hand knowledge of shells md insisting on pumping crude even when it was clear that there was a raging inferno and u r talking from reports...

Initially u said leaking pipes can be repaired while flowing, which is actually true, but not for major leaks...but ur narrow mindlessness refused to let u see this fact...

I now pointed out to u that shell now shuts down pipelines to repair such leaks and u reversed yourself after saying that pipelines can be repaired during such major leaks....see how u twist truth just to paint a people whos resources have improved ur standard of living...if such leaks can be repaired while flowing crude why is shell now shuting down crude flow to repair the lines.....abi oil no important again...

You dont even know that the shell fire truck, was supposed to be on site to spray foam over the crude, you dont even know that Shell supplies spares for the sealing works. Yet u choose to lie to the open world...u r very wicked..an angel if darkness....to be cast into the pit of the deepest lakes of fire....'

You said shell does not provide supervision for major or minor contractors, this shows how lame u r...you dont even know the number of contract holders to number of contracts shell should be maintaining is grossly inadequate......you another one from the ungrateful parts of this country....shame on you.

If not for people like leading this country, the IOC should be working for the 9ja families who who the land, the communities would be the ones determining how employment and contracts should be awarded, this is resource control, not the FG locating decision making units in lagos, what those freebie loving rascals fight for free fuel..

help!!! Da lover doesn't understand English, yawns!!!!
Re: SHELL Declares Force Majeure On Bonny Light Loadings by DaLover(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2012
The important thing is that you have grabbed the morals of the story, respect ur host, be gr8ful for the opportunity to earn a living and most importantly lying is a sin...especially against ur host..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Udom Gabriel Emmanuel - Profile of Akwa Ibom State Governor Elect / NJC Wants 2 Judges Accused Of Corruption Sacked / IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 291
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.