Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,336 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:59 AM

Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny (1822 Views)

US Msc Or Contract Position In Oil And Gas / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? / A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by samueline(f): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2007
Hi All,

I'm in a dilemma. I have been working in telecoms company since november 2006. The pay is a bit okay but the cost of transportation is quite high. I got an offer this morning in an oil company for a contract position that is renewable every year(which may or may not be renewed). The pay is obviously higher, lunch will be provided by the company, there is staff bus to take me to and from the office everyday, basic provisions will be given at the beginning of every month. 13th month salary is a whole month salary which will be paid at the end of each year plus 'turkey' allowance.

The issue here is should I leave a permanent job for a contract job. Usually, i get home at about 9 to 9.30 each day, but with the contract job, i'm sure of getting home before 6.30pm each day. I intend to start classes for my 2nd degree in december, this contract job will give me more than enough time to run the program.

I dont want to take this decision alone, please nairalanders, send in your comments. I have to call the oil company before the end of the day to tell them my decision. Please help.
Re: Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by olatos(f): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ Samuelline, First of all, i congratulate u on the new job, Well, from my own view, i would advise u to take the contract job, cos its as if u will av ample time for your studies, an dthere are other freebies too.well, take it up bros,,its all yourssssss, Wish u all d best.
Re: Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by samueline(f): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2007
Thanks Olatos, i will definately come back here when i take a decision.
Re: Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by PRINCEA31(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2007
sammy man. its well, take up the job and believe God.

Be cool cool
Re: Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by ajile2: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2007
i understand the way you re feeling. i think you should take the contract job, maybe along the line it could be converted to permanent,and if not you would ve gotten into the system and may get opportunity to see offers in the oil company to be permanent. and if not is still part of experience you can put on your C.V and by then you 2nd degree will also be added. mydear go for it and keep praying. i am also with an oil company and i know the enjoyment there permanent or contract even the lift operator gets good pay. and a job that you get home before 7 is the main thing. you ll always ve time to think and do other things in life. life is not all about job. wishing you luck
Re: Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by samueline(f): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hi Olatos, prince A3 and Ajile.

I took to ur advice. I dropped my resignation yesterday. I will be resuming on monday in my new place. Thanks so much
Re: Permanent Job In A Telecoms And Contract Position In An Oil Comapny by tinkerbery(f): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2007
hello Man,

Congrates on your new job,  you know what? you have already made a decision without you knowing. the best i can offer is 'follow your heart'.think these, 
you would have time for your study:
get home on time:
more pay and Deary,  life is all about risks. take the risk, you are alive and have a bigger Man UP there to finish it up wink He has brouht you this far,  put Him first, and all is settled. Think of the future.

cheers

(1) (Reply)

NERC Career?? / Nesrea / 12 Things You Must NEVER Reveal About Yourself At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.